Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,799 members, 7,813,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian (23522 Views)

Ahmad Amadi: Why I Converted To Christianity - Leader Of Muslims Against Terror / Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity / Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 2:00am On Sep 29, 2017
adepeter2027:
View screenshot below
Okay, will respond to that tomorrow. Good nite.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by shadeyinka(m): 5:21am On Sep 29, 2017
analice107:

Wait sir, are women promised boys in their paradise?
Not really but one of their very respected apologist and debate jihadist claims so. They swallow everything this man Dr Naik Zakir vomits about the Christian faith
https://m.youtube.com/results?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P0Y_lzslSk
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by EPAINYOU: 9:54am On Sep 29, 2017
No one is saying anything about how people in similar situation will be delivered. You all are busy telling her that she wasn't really a Christian, how do you know?

Are there no Christians suffering the same thing she said she suffered? What is the real solution to their problem despite their prayers?

She said their is nothing like partner worship with God Almighty. Jesus never taught us that. You quote, ''I and my Father are one." PLEASE ONE WHAT OR ONE IN WHAT SENCE?

We Christians are one just as Christ and the Father are one. There is no other thing to the meaning of oneness except what is written here. John 17:22: And the glory which you gave me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

As far as I know there is nothing wrong with worshipping the only true God, the Father in spirit and in truth in the name of Jesus Christ. (Jn 4:21-24, Jn17:3, Mt 4:10)

What solution can one get as a Christian who has prayed and cried unto God but have not received anything? Is it that the devil is bent on driving some people away from Christ and Christianity by blocking every source of help? Only those who pass through this kind of thing will understand better. Vannessa7 insisted that the Holy Spirit helped her out through Islam. Am not thinking of joining Islam.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 10:07am On Sep 29, 2017
shadeyinka:

Not really but one of their very respected apologist and debate jihadist claims so. They swallow everything this man Dr Naik Zakir vomits about the Christian faith
https://m.youtube.com/results?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P0Y_lzslSk
If you have ever met a compulsive liar, that man is Zakir Naik. The late Nabeel Qureshi played one of his debates videos slowly. Naik gave a 5mins responds to question someone asked, and it 5mins, he told 20 lies.

Thank God Nabeel was once a very good muslim, he caught him pants down lying. The man talks like a parrot and lies like Allah the master of lies.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by shadeyinka(m): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2017
analice107:

If you have ever met a compulsive liar, that man is Zakir Naik. The late Nabeel Qureshi played one of his debates videos slowly. Naik gave a 5mins responds to question someone asked, and it 5mins, he told 20 lies.

Thank God Nabeel was once a very good muslim, he caught him pants down lying. The man talks like a parrot and lies like Allah the master of lies.

That man can lie for the Universe.
He mesmerizes people because he has a good memory, so people dont judge when he begins to stuff lies into facts.

Many Muslims love him though: he supports their religion 9they dont care how)
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 10:59am On Sep 29, 2017
shadeyinka:

That man can lie for the Universe.
He mesmerizes people because he has a good memory, so people dont judge when he begins to stuff lies into facts.

Many Muslims love him though: he supports their religion 9they dont care how)
He talks very fast and lies very fast too.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by shadeyinka(m): 11:11am On Sep 29, 2017
vannessa7:
I felt compelled to write this after observing the online tussle between Muslim's and Christians here on Nairaland about who is right or wrong. After going through my write up I'm sure you might be more enlightened, I converted to Islam Nov 2016 after 20years of being a dedicated born again minister, I was a home fellowship leader, prayer warrior member, sanctuary cleaner, evangelist, followup member, I used to pray for members of my fellowship and God perform miracles, I use to receive revelations about members that will be perfectly accurate, I was always in every service, but nothing was happening in my life, I had a lot of respect from people that knew how God was using me but nothing was happening in my life, no husband, I lost my job after attaining a top management position, I had incessant witchcraft attacks, familiar spirit, ancestral curses and family idol, I became a deliverance junkie in mfm, I never missed rccg Holy Ghost service, winners Shiloh, I eventually got married 10yrs after graduation, 4yrs later my husband died, by that time I had crossed over to rccg with my husband in Abuja, I was an evangelist. I came back to the south to live with my mum as I had nothing left, I immediately joined rccg there and became committed, but I noticed that when I started praying for another husband only Muslim men came even during my 10yrs of waiting before marriage, after deliverance and prayers Muslim men were the ones I used to see and I will reject them, I used to tell them to convert to Christianity but they always refuse, when the same thing started happening my mother told me to give it a try because of time, I grudgingly agreed, but immediately I started receiving great revelations of great victories in the dream daily so I decided to convert to Islam, the first thing I noticed is that the constant sickness I used to experience vanished, I used to treat malaria or typhoid once in a month, even my mother was surprised, there is a particular situation in the family that has been threatening the peace of the family for long I had done several 3days dry fasting that God should solve it while I was a Christian without any result, my mother testify of it just 2months after I became a Muslim, I also noticed the heavy presence of the Holy Spirit while praying or in a mosque , I now understand why Christians have to sing for long before the Holy Spirit will manifest,Islam embodies holiness and that is why anyone who is not holy and goes to a Muslim domain is in danger, I used to have a couple friends who decided to travel to Iran for vacation they had barely step down from the plane when they fell seriously sick, they told me that many Christians have the same experience and some even dies, I will continue below with further analysis and comparison

My dear sister, can you please explain only the bolded?
Which Holy Spirit? Do you mean Angel Gabriel?

Because in Islam, the Holy Spirit is Jubril
If you love the truth, please check out this Islamic site:
https://islamqa.info/en/14403

If the Holy Spirit in Islam is the Spirit of God, then you are thoroughly Confused and Misled and you need help in understanding the very basics of Christianity.

Please any Muslim reading this should correct my sister. can the Holy Spirit be in the Mosque?

Please, try to understand the basis of both Islam or Christianity before taking a pitch.

Lets assume Allah took Jesus to heaven:
1. Who were the evidence?
2. Mary and all the disciples were obviously FOOLED by Allah: What was Allah trying to achieve?
3. If someone else was crucified (instead of Jesus), why would such a person impersonate Jesus by speaking as Jesus to mary, John and the Thief on his right hand side?
4. If the person Allah made to impersonate Jesus died and did not resurrect, why are the disciples willing to die in pains over their confession that Jesus died and resurrected?

The truth is before you, dont reject it!

To find the truth is not difficult: Just ask the right questions (you have my mail address: ask your questions)
You shall know the Truth and the Truth will set you Free.

Shalom
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by vannessa7(f): 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2017
davonny:
@vannassa7,
my dear sister, hope u are enjoying urself in ur newly.
found faith. sincerely, I'm happy because u are now
happy. but why have u not answer my questions. u,
sincerely and with all truthfulness, answering these
questions will help a lot of people out there to have a
deeper understanding of the two religions, why because u
have been in the two. Now let me ask again, I ve added
few more questions.
1. is Jesus the Son of God.
2. was Jesus crucified.
3. did He resurrect,
4. is He at the right hand of God now.
5. do u use the name of Jesus to pray now.
6. who is Holy Spirit to Muslims.
7. can a Muslim be baptised in (receive) the Holy Spirit.
8. can a Muslim be worshiping in Rccg and be enjoying
everything (physical, spiritual, emotional, etc) u are
enjoying now,
9. is God truly the Father,
u answering all these questions sincerely will go a long
way to helping me to have deeper understanding of lot
of things.
Thanks and God bless you.

You know, I'm answering you because you seem sincere and you insist, well this is my take, I can only speak of my experiences in the two religions, I will not be forced to make claims I'm not sure of in order to score cheap points, having said that, the Quran said Jesus came by the word of God, be, and he was created, it also said Angel Gabriel breathed in the sleeve of Mary and she conceive by the spirit of God, then it says at crucifixion the likeness of Jesus was put upon another person and the person was crucified instead but Jesus went to heaven alive. I don't use the name of Jesus to pray again because the covenant I'm under doesn't require that, we pray directly to God five times daily demonstrating our worship of God only by bowing, also the Quran didn't ask us to, the Holy Spirit is a creature of God to Muslim's just like Angels, subservient to God and submissive to His will, the Quran said God use the Holy Spirit to create all things, I don't think a Muslim needs to be baptized in the Holy Spirit because when you are holy, it means you carry the Holy Spirit, I remembered feeling a rush of the Holy Spirit the first time I entered a mosque, I still feel it now when I'm praying, that is why we cannot be possessed, the reason for low crime rate in the north is not because they are specially brought up, but the demons possessing people making them to commit various crimes will not just be able to stay in you if you perform your five salat daily. I already said if I had started my Christian journey in rccg I might not be in this situation but the first church I attended kept manifesting while I was at rccg, I think another plus for Islam is you don't have to wait for days before you can connect seriously, each time you do salat you get recharged, the devil doesn't rest or wait till Sunday to afflict people, he works 24/7

3 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by vannessa7(f): 1:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
analice107:

Listen, Islam and the New Age idols can co habit because behind them, stands the same source, Satan.

Allah is satan and muhammed was his apostle. If you doubt that allah is satan, i will help put you through.

Listen, stay over there, don't think of coming back, but just know that you just willingly gave up your will to satan.

On what basis do you make these claims, you have only been a Christian but I have experienced the two worlds, you will be surprised at the truth out there that you have not yet realised about many things in life, I am still reeling from the shock of discovering God in Islam because like you pastors did enough to poison my mind that they are evil, the experience has made me to view life differently now, I don't just judge or make conclusions on issues unless I have enough evidence both physical and spiritual. Salam

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by shadeyinka(m): 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2017
analice107:

He talks very fast and lies very fast too.

He is a true son of his father, who was a liar from the ancient past
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 3:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
vannessa7:

On what basis do you make these claims, you have only been a Christian but I have experienced the two worlds, you will be surprised at the truth out there that you have not yet realised about many things in life, I am still reeling from the shock of discovering God in Islam because like you pastors did enough to poison my mind that they are evil, the experience has made me to view life differently now, I don't just judge or make conclusions on issues unless I have enough evidence both physical and spiritual. Salam

This is just 2017, you became a muslim in 2016 yet you know so much about islam to discredit Christianity you claimed you were for 20yrs. It's either you are posting another Persian's experience or you were never inside a church.

If i begin go through the Koran and list out the attributes of Allah and lay side by side Satan's, you'd see that Allah is satan under another name.

Sister, all can say to you is good luck.

Meanwhile, i asked you what you knew Sanctification to be while you were a Christian and if you were sanctified. Pls tell me
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by shadeyinka(m): 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2017
vannessa7:

You know, I'm answering you because you seem sincere and you insist, well this is my take, I can only speak of my experiences in the two religions, I will not be forced to make claims I'm not sure of in order to score cheap points, having said that, the Quran said Jesus came by the word of God, be, and he was created, it also said Angel Gabriel breathed in the sleeve of Mary and she conceive by the spirit of God, then it says at crucifixion the likeness of Jesus was put upon another person and the person was crucified instead but Jesus went to heaven alive. I don't use the name of Jesus to pray again because the covenant I'm under doesn't require that, we pray directly to God five times daily demonstrating our worship of God only by bowing, also the Quran didn't ask us to, the Holy Spirit is a creature of God to Muslim's just like Angels, subservient to God and submissive to His will, the Quran said God use the Holy Spirit to create all things, I don't think a Muslim needs to be baptized in the Holy Spirit because when you are holy, it means you carry the Holy Spirit, I remembered feeling a rush of the Holy Spirit the first time I entered a mosque, I still feel it now when I'm praying, that is why we cannot be possessed, the reason for low crime rate in the north is not because they are specially brought up, but the demons possessing people making them to commit various crimes will not just be able to stay in you if you perform your five salat daily. I already said if I had started my Christian journey in rccg I might not be in this situation but[b] the first church I attended kept manifesting while I was at rccg,[/b] I think another plus for Islam is you don't have to wait for days before you can connect seriously, each time you do salat you get recharged, the devil doesn't rest or wait till Sunday to afflict people, he works 24/7
...Jubril blew air into the sleave of Mary
...and Allah crucified an innocent man
...and Jesus went to heaven secretly
....Muslims dont have demonic afflictions!

I am truly so so sorry for you.

Jesus said "I know my Sheep and My Sheep knows Me!"
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by davonny: 4:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
vannessa7:

You know, I'm answering you because you seem sincere and you insist, well this is my take, I can only speak of my experiences in the two religions, I will not be forced to make claims I'm not sure of in order to score cheap points, having said that, the Quran said Jesus came by the word of God, be, and he was created, it also said Angel Gabriel breathed in the sleeve of Mary and she conceive by the spirit of God, then it says at crucifixion the likeness of Jesus was put upon another person and the person was crucified instead but Jesus went to heaven alive. I don't use the name of Jesus to pray again because the covenant I'm under doesn't require that, we pray directly to God five times daily demonstrating our worship of God only by bowing, also the Quran didn't ask us to, the Holy Spirit is a creature of God to Muslim's just like Angels, subservient to God and submissive to His will, the Quran said God use the Holy Spirit to create all things, I don't think a Muslim needs to be baptized in the Holy Spirit because when you are holy, it means you carry the Holy Spirit, I remembered feeling a rush of the Holy Spirit the first time I entered a mosque, I still feel it now when I'm praying, that is why we cannot be possessed, the reason for low crime rate in the north is not because they are specially brought up, but the demons possessing people making them to commit various crimes will not just be able to stay in you if you perform your five salat daily. I already said if I had started my Christian journey in rccg I might not be in this situation but the first church I attended kept manifesting while I was at rccg, I think another plus for Islam is you don't have to wait for days before you can connect seriously, each time you do salat you get recharged, the devil doesn't rest or wait till Sunday to afflict people, he works 24/7

thanks for your response and I'm very happy for ur sincerity
when u said that
" I will not be forced to make claims I'm not sure of in order to score cheap points...." this shows there many things u not sure about even now. when u were still attending church ( because I know u are still a Christian now, even though u are attending mosque) u heard the words of God, words of salvation, u came to God, confessed that Jesus is the Son of God, confessed ur sin and u were forgiven, became a daughter of God, has God as ur Father, baptised in the Holy Ghost, received gifts of the Spirit, spoke in tongues, prayed in the name of Jesus, did signs and wonders in the name of Jesus Christ, evangelised, and many more u did and enjoyed by the grace of God in Christ Jesus. U knew all these and carried them to a strange land. U know very well that u still a Christian, a daughter of God with the grace of God on her head, that's why u said "I will not be forced to make claims I'm not sure of in order to score cheap points" u know u dear not say:
that Jesus is not the Son of God,
that He was not crucified
that God did not raised Him from the dead,
that He is not seated at the right hand of God,
that there no power in the name of Jesus,
that God is not the Father...
my dear sister, u are still a child of God. A true Muslim will say all the above with all assurance. there are many houses wife's that a Christians but go to mosque.
Pls, do not get to the level of saying any or more of the above. Remember looking back after u ve laid ur hand on the plough is very very dangerous.
U could have been a great woman of God but...
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Richdotcom: 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
analice107:

Reading through what this woman posted here, Hmmm. Did she know Christ? Let me not say more.

She keeps telling me about "I did this" and " did that" and she thinks that's proof of being a true Christian..... she got it mixed up somewhere.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
Richdotcom:

She keeps telling me about "I did this" and " did that" and she thinks that's proof of being a true Christian..... she got it mixed up somewhere.
This is Satan's trick. He keeps his agents in the midst of the Children of God for years then pull them out for them to have a story to tell, hoping many souls will be pulled out.

Last night, i had to sit down and start going through all she said here. What in this world is worth me rejecting Jesus for biko?

No, i don't need it.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Richdotcom: 8:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
analice107:

This is Satan's trick. He keeps his agents in the midst of the Children of God for years then pull them out for them to have a story to tell, hoping many souls will be pulled out.

Last night, i had to sit down and start going through all she said here. What in this world is worth me rejecting Jesus for biko?

No, i don't need it.

Read her story, its vague and contradicting..... she is either adding too much maggi or it's all a big fat lie .... in either ways I wish her well
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
Richdotcom:

Read her story, its vague and contradicting..... she is either adding too much maggi or it's all a big fat lie .... in either ways I wish her well
I wish her well as well.

Me, i need no earthly riches in return for my heavenly king.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by shadeyinka(m): 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
EPAINYOU:
No one is saying anything about how people in similar situation will be delivered. You all are busy telling her that she wasn't really a Christian, how do you know?

Are there no Christians suffering the same thing she said she suffered? What is the real solution to their problem despite their prayers?

She said their is nothing like partner worship with God Almighty. Jesus never taught us that. You quote, ''I and my Father are one." PLEASE ONE WHAT OR ONE IN WHAT SENCE?

We Christians are one just as Christ and the Father are one. There is no other thing to the meaning of oneness except what is written here. John 17:22: And the glory which you gave me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

As far as I know there is nothing wrong with worshipping the only true God, the Father in spirit and in truth in the name of Jesus Christ. (Jn 4:21-24, Jn17:3, Mt 4:10)

What solution can one get as a Christian who has prayed and cried unto God but have not received anything? Is it that the devil is bent on driving some people away from Christ and Christianity by blocking every source of help? Only those who pass through this kind of thing will understand better. Vannessa7 insisted that the Holy Spirit helped her out through Islam. Am not thinking of joining Islam.

I had experience her kind of pains before. It can be frustrating when you pray everyday for deliverance but nothing seems to change.

The truth of the matter is that God seldom help us to chase away demons. He has given us the power to do so by ourselves. Unfortunately, our pastors usually don't teach us the art of spiritual warfare. They prefer that we bring our problems to them.

There is a difference between Praying to God and Fighting/Casting out demons. I learnt the hard way but thank God I overcame(Four Solid years of daily Praying).

I know the difference between ASKING and COMMANDING. If you don't use your authority in Christ to command demons out, you will suffer eh! Demons understand only the language of Pain, Force and Authority.

Her Holy Spirit is not the one you know o. Her Holy Spirit is Jubril (' the supposed Angle Gabriel"wink

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by EPAINYOU: 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2017
shadeyinka:

I had experience her kind of pains before. It can be frustrating when you pray everyday for deliverance but nothing seems to change.

The truth of the matter is that God seldom help us to chase away demons. He has given us the power to do so by ourselves. Unfortunately, our pastors usually don't teach us the art of spiritual warfare. They prefer that we bring our problems to them.

There is a difference between Praying to God and Fighting/Casting out demons. I learnt the hard way but thank God I overcame(Four Solid years of daily Praying).

I know the difference between ASKING and COMMANDING. If you don't use your authority in Christ to command demons out, you will suffer eh! Demons understand only the language of Pain, Force and Authority.

Her Holy Spirit is not the one you know o. Her Holy Spirit is Jubril (' the supposed Angle Gabriel"wink

Ok. have taken note of your point.

But she had the Holy Spirit before she converted. Una don pursue her for her thread.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 9:38pm On Sep 29, 2017
EPAINYOU:

Ok. have taken note of your point.

But she had the Holy Spirit before she converted. Una don pursue her for her thread.
No one receives the Holy Spirit and turns rogue. Have you experienced his presence before? Oh my God. If you can't feel him for a moment you break out. You become disorganised, distracted until you are sure he is there.

I'm sure this woman was in Church to receive from the Lord no to give anything out. Like someone said, 'She went for solution, not for relationship'. You can't have Him and say what she says.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 9:47pm On Sep 29, 2017
shadeyinka:

I give unto thee power to tread upon serpents and scorpions..., if we ignore this and expect Christ to do it for us, sorry.

She saw Christ through the eyes of her pastor.

Wait, there's something she's not saying. Which Church was she born into before RCCG? She kept saying if she had began her Christian work in rccg. That means she may have been in a marine assembly and exposed to demons masquerading as good spirits. So many are in white garment churches actually believing they are serving Jesus there o.

When calamity strikes, when their demons fall them, then they'll call on Jesus, when he doesn't answer them, He is either none existent or fake.

God is not committed to what he has not commanded. He won't lower his standards for anyone, you either accept to be pulled up or you remain down.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by shadeyinka(m): 11:35pm On Sep 29, 2017
analice107:

I give unto thee power to tread upon serpents and scorpions..., if we ignore this and expect Christ to do it for us, sorry.

She saw Christ through the eyes of her pastor.

Wait, there's something she's not saying. Which Church was she born into before RCCG? She kept saying if she had began her Christian work in rccg. That means she may have been in a marine assembly and exposed to demons masquerading as good spirits. So many are in white garment churches actually believing they are serving Jesus there o.

When calamity strikes, when their demons fall them, then they'll call on Jesus, when he doesn't answer them, He is either none existent or fake.

God is not committed to what he has not commanded. He won't lower his standards for anyone, you either accept to be pulled up or you remain down.

I think she had a CAC background. Unfortunately, RCCG isn't versed in deliverance even though chains are broken when they go to the camp. Only a few rccg pastors do deliverance.

I am actually more angry with pastors who has the grace to excel in casting out demons. Instead of grooming others, They would rather be gathering crowds because they want to become rich.

The bottom lines is until Christians are taught the art of spiritual warfare as rigorously as some preachers teach prosperity, we will continue to find lost souls among us.

The case of the OP is a pathetic one. She is like the seed which fell on the rocky soil. The combination of the heat of the sun plus no water made the plant wither after 20years of almost no spiritual growth and understanding.

I pray she will ask the right questions and find the truth. Unfortunately, she seems not to appreciate close up study and detail.

In the place where deception is a reality, only through examination of the details can one be saved.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by ichuka(m): 1:10am On Sep 30, 2017
analice107:

Amen. I agree.
Good! smiley
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Richdotcom: 2:28am On Sep 30, 2017
analice107:

I wish her well as well.

Me, i need no earthly riches in return for my heavenly king.

Lol..... but dont get it wrong, you can be blessed (financially) and still a Christian...... being poor is not a sign of holiness..?lol
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 7:37am On Sep 30, 2017
Richdotcom:

Lol..... but dont get it wrong, you can be blessed (financially) and still a Christian...... being poor is not a sign of holiness..?lol
I know dear. What i mean is, whatever will present itself in the place of Christ in my life, i walk away.

In her case, marriage took her away from Christ, that's if she ever even knew Him.
You can never love Christ and fall out of love with Him again.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 7:41am On Sep 30, 2017
shadeyinka:

I think she had a CAC background. Unfortunately, RCCG isn't versed in deliverance even though chains are broken when they go to the camp. Only a few rccg pastors do deliverance.

I am actually more angry with pastors who has the grace to excel in casting out demons. Instead of grooming others, They would rather be gathering crowds because they want to become rich.

The bottom lines is until Christians are taught the art of spiritual warfare as rigorously as some preachers teach prosperity, we will continue to find lost souls among us.

The case of the OP is a pathetic one. She is like the seed which fell on the rocky soil. The combination of the heat of the sun plus no water made the plant wither after 20years of almost no spiritual growth and understanding.

I pray she will ask the right questions and find the truth. Unfortunately, she seems not to appreciate close up study and detail.

In the place where deception is a reality, only through examination of the details can one be saved.
There's something about this lady, i try to push to say certain things to her, but there's this inner restrain.

Jesus will save her from the shackles satan is trying to tie her down with.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 30, 2017
shadeyinka:

The question is not about the language. Its about the person. Do Muslims believe in Jehovah the God of Abraham? No!

If we serve the same God, why then must a Jew who reverted back to Judaism be killed as a commandment of Allah?

[b]Sahih Bukhari (89:271) - A man who embraces Islam, then reverts to Judaism is to be killed according to "the verdict of Allah and his apostle."
[/b]
Jews worship only Jehovah, isn't it?

You know that Christians worship only one God..no christian associate es partners with God.

The Bible says God came down as human: for the sake of the great love He has for us.

Tell me it is not possible! Then, I will ask you about how God visited Abraham with two other Angels.

The bottom line is that as a "Christian", your understanding of Trinity was flawed.
bcoz a person who is a Jew before den converts to Muslim and den he goes back to being a Jew is a munafik (hypocrite nd a spy)
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Chubhie: 11:07am On Sep 30, 2017
vannessa7:

analice107, Attempt a proper refutation of the above line by line or forever hold your aggression.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2017
Chubhie:

analice107, Attempt a proper refutation of the above line by line or forever hold your aggression.

Ask her to answer the following then we will know if she understood what it meant to be Christian

@Vannessa7

Pls answer these for me. From the Christian Perspective what is:
1. Holiness
2. Deliverance.
3. Sanctification.
4. Purification?
If you were a Christian you'd know. Pls tell me.
And, have you now achieved all of the above in Islam?
(
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Chubhie: 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2017
analice107:

Ask her to answer the following then we will know if she understood what it meant to be Christian

@Vannessa7

Pls answer these for me. From the Christian Perspective what is:
1. Holiness
2. Deliverance.
3. Sanctification.
4. Purification?
If you were a Christian you'd know. Pls tell me.
And, have you now achieved all of the above in Islam?
(
Vanessa is sharing her subjective experiences of two worlds. All the shaming and threats of hell fire won't cut it not until you know what it feels like to walk in Vanessa's shoes.

On my personal journey, I passed through Islam and still maintains that Islam is beautiful.

Everyone deserves the right to evolve at their own pace.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by orisa37: 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2017
You were a Baby Christian, not Born Again, when you converted.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by shadeyinka(m): 4:40pm On Sep 30, 2017
umarsheks6:
bcoz a person who is a Jew before den converts to Muslim and den he goes back to being a Jew is a munafik (hypocrite nd a spy)
From an Islamic perspective, Jews are pure Monotheists as Muslims are monotheists ( Christians are the ones you believe are associating partners to God).

Now if the Jews worship Jehovah the God of Abraham
AND
Muslims worship Allah the God of Ibrahim

Are they not worshiping the same God (assuming a linguistic equivalence of Jehovah and Allah)

If the above is true, Jews cannot be spying on Allah for Jehovah. This is anothet proof that Allah is NOT the same as Jehovah! In fact, Allah is an Enemy of Jehovah.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Are Jehovah Witness People Real Christians? / "Why Nigerians Have Not Revolted Against Buhari" - Rev Eragbai, General Overseer / Pa Enebeli Elebuwa Exposes Pastor Sign Fireman. Says He Is A 419ner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.