Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian (23530 Views)

Ahmad Amadi: Why I Converted To Christianity - Leader Of Muslims Against Terror / Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity / Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 3:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
vannessa7:

I used to ask myself the same question then but now I know the answer, it's because anytime you worship the creature instead of the creator and give the glory that belongs to God Almighty who lives forever and ever to another you are breaking the first commandment, and it attracts a curse, and the devil knows all these rules and regulations and he knows he has a right to steal, kill and destroy the person because it's idolatry, God is not a man that He should lie neither is He a son of man that He should repent, if His word are not being fulfilled in one's life consistently then then God had not heard that person, He will not share His glory ,As per the Boko Haram I already addressed that earlier and I want to point out that they are killing Muslim s too, they are not following Islam but they are the corrupted ones who bear Muslim name but will not observe Islamic injunctions,
Sister, should i give you 10 Koranic verses which commands Muslims to kill infidels? Allah says if anyone does not kill Christians and Jews, then he will not be accepted in Paradise.

Should i? Sis, you are not dealing with a learner here. Like i said before, i'm restrained from really pursuing you and your claims the way i'd ve done normally.

Pls, just know that not all non Muslims are ignorant of Islam.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by asalimpo(m): 11:46pm On Oct 04, 2017
vannessa7:

Bread and butter Christian, your insults are uncalled for because you did not create me, you all are talking theory without any practical experience to back it up, you need to visit prayer city often and go and see your church members and pastors manifesting during deliverance, because you are lucky to have a life that is relatively easy doesn't mean everyone has to be like you, go on prayer mountains all over Nigeria and see people whose life have been caged by the devil even though they are tongue talking and full of faith, faith brought them there because they could have gone to herbalist, some are already mad and they were men of God, many of you cannot even endure half of what I went through before abandoning the search for God, I have said it that I'm not writing to discredit Christianity because I was actively involved and experienced the power of God but there are loopholes the devil is using there and I said polytheism is one of them, making the creature equal to the creator and giving God's glory to another, any reasonable person who goes through my write up carefully will realise all my analysis tally if you think about it, The issue of Trinity is not even anywhere in the Bible, it was started by Tertullian at the close of the second century and it originated from paganism, hundreds of years after the last Bible script was written and all the apostles gone, Google is your friend, I am a thinker, analytical to the core and I still maintain that one of the reason for the move of God in rccg is because of that name even if they don't know it, when Jesus said he was one with the father he didn't mean he could be replaced with God and he made it abundantly clear before he left, he even said only God is good and they should not call him good, I started experiencing the move and power of God immediately I entered Islam as opposed to 20yrs of rigorous faithful service in Christianity and all I have to show are death and destruction, I'm sure I know the Bible more than all of you here and I'm still a Bible student because God sent it,

You are like i said, strongly deluded. And that is not an insult.
If you "know the bible more than most of us",then it would show in your comments.
You may have known God and experienced some His power manifest in your life, but you knowledge of His word and grasp of it is weak. You cannot even show maturity in dividing the word of truth.
This weakness is what causes so many heresies and blatant errors in christianity. The antidote isnt more spiritual gymnastics - prayer and fasting etc - but education - of the mind in the scriptures.
Every thought ,doctrine,suggestion is to be scrutinised with the scriptures,failing it is to be discarded- irrespective of feelings.
No one knows it all, we are all growing, but in some areas, some have grown more than others and the insights they've received are to help others in the body of christ avoid some common pitfalls,that's why
reading books and listening to messages by mature christians is helpful. God gave them those revelations for our benefit.
I've learnt tonnes by doing so.
Whether a pastor prayed and got attacked and lost his mind and was a hopeless case or not,
doesnt undermine the bible fact on the devil and the relationship of the child of God to him.
The bible says, that He, satan and his cohorts have been stripped of their power.
It says they've been brought to nought. Dethroned, and that the Christian sits with Christ in a position of authority far above any devil demon or power.
The same bible says resist the devil and he shall flee from you. Flee connotes fear on the part of the flee-er.
The new testament never depicts the devil as powerful and formidable that he could he can decidely neutralise God's word!!
But we see in christian circles a doctrine preached of a devil who so powerful, christians dread him more than the believe God to deliver them!

When a christian experiences issues that seem to defy the word,he's suppose to seek God and hear from Him on the matter. Not come up with new doctrine.

Anoda point of misconception in christianity is that somehow you earn something from God.
You dont. You dont earn his blessings through service or being good or doing certain things.
The bible says our righteousness is like filthy rags before Him.
Faithful church service, singing in the choir etc will not earn you credits to swap for a miracle etc.
This is a works mentallity and it is prevalent in christianity. Again, they're good resources that go indepth into this issue - it is also a chief weapon the devil is using to keep many christians in bondage.
Effective christians have the mentallity of scientists - they research and re-research the scriptures and test many of the claims and principles in it in their lives. They just dont propound new doctrines off the cuff based on a few experiences they've had.
Again, you have to acquire this mentallity else you'll spout errors and get carried away easily by any wind of doctrine that comes your way.
See, how you cannot back you claim cogently with relevant scriptures - instead you resort to credentialism and emotionalism.
The bible is clear - the God and Spirit of God in Christianity isnt the same one in any other religion that denies the diety and sonship and Messaiahship of the Jesus. Never. Any religion that denies that Jesus is the only way to God is from the devil.
It doenst sound politically correct. People will hate you for saying so. But the truth is the truth you either accept it or not.
The devil desires to sift you, and he has done so.
Who dyu think put sickness on you? God? Y? So that you could doubt God. And what more way to convince you that Islam is from God but to take the sickness that was put on you, just to convince you otherwise.
Sister, get back to God and stay in the region of its truth. Nothing else will save you- in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by vannessa7(f): 1:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
asalimpo:

You are like i said, strongly deluded. And that is not an insult.
If you "know the bible more than most of us",then it would show in your comments.
You may have known God and experienced some His power manifest in your life, but you knowledge of His word and grasp of it is weak. You cannot even show maturity in dividing the word of truth.
This weakness is what causes so many heresies and blatant errors in christianity. The antidote isnt more spiritual gymnastics - prayer and fasting etc - but education - of the mind in the scriptures.
Every thought ,doctrine,suggestion is to be scrutinised with the scriptures,failing it is to be discarded- irrespective of feelings.
No one knows it all, we are all growing, but in some areas, some have grown more than others and the insights they've received are to help others in the body of christ avoid some common pitfalls,that's why
reading books and listening to messages by mature christians is helpful. God gave them those revelations for our benefit.
I've learnt tonnes by doing so.
Whether a pastor prayed and got attacked and lost his mind and was a hopeless case or not,
doesnt undermine the bible fact on the devil and the relationship of the child of God to him.
The bible says, that He, satan and his cohorts have been stripped of their power.
It says they've been brought to nought. Dethroned, and that the Christian sits with Christ in a position of authority far above any devil demon or power.
The same bible says resist the devil and he shall flee from you. Flee connotes fear on the part of the flee-er.
The new testament never depicts the devil as powerful and formidable that he could he can decidely neutralise God's word!!
But we see in christian circles a doctrine preached of a devil who so powerful, christians dread him more than the believe God to deliver them!

When a christian experiences issues that seem to defy the word,he's suppose to seek God and hear from Him on the matter. Not come up with new doctrine.

Anoda point of misconception in christianity is that somehow you earn something from God.
You dont. You dont earn his blessings through service or being good or doing certain things.
The bible says our righteousness is like filthy rags before Him.
Faithful church service, singing in the choir etc will not earn you credits to swap for a miracle etc.
This is a works mentallity and it is prevalent in christianity. Again, they're good resources that go indepth into this issue - it is also a chief weapon the devil is using to keep many christians in bondage.
Effective christians have the mentallity of scientists - they research and re-research the scriptures and test many of the claims and principles in it in their lives. They just dont propound new doctrines off the cuff based on a few experiences they've had.
Again, you have to acquire this mentallity else you'll spout errors and get carried away easily by any wind of doctrine that comes your way.
See, how you cannot back you claim cogently with relevant scriptures - instead you resort to credentialism and emotionalism.
The bible is clear - the God and Spirit of God in Christianity isnt the same one in any other religion that denies the diety and sonship and Messaiahship of the Jesus. Never. Any religion that denies that Jesus is the only way to God is from the devil.
It doenst sound politically correct. People will hate you for saying so. But the truth is the truth you either accept it or not.
The devil desires to sift you, and he has done so.
Who dyu think put sickness on you? God? Y? So that you could doubt God. And what more way to convince you that Islam is from God but to take the sickness that was put on you, just to convince you otherwise.
Sister, get back to God and stay in the region of its truth. Nothing else will save you- in the long run.

You are still preaching theory, you are teaching how to fight a battle without having ever been to war, and for you information, I read and I'm sure I have read more books than you, I have a library and I used to devoured scriptural books, my car was a moving church, if you come to my house you must hear the gospel, my computer in the office was a sermon machine, my phones are filled with messages, of preachers from all over the world, and when I joined Christianity I was engaged to be married as an undergraduate, but I broke the engagement because of fornication, I didn't join Christianity to get things, I wasn't looking for job or anything and btw there is nothing wrong with expecting God to bless you materially as a Christian because God said He has not called the children of Jacob to serve Him in vain, that's in the Bible anyway I don't expect a Bible student to require quotes everytime to recognize biblical words, I understand your angst because the pastors are doing a good job of brainwashing everyone that Islam is evil, I used to preach it too, but now I know better

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Demmzy15(m): 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
analice107:

Sister, should i give you 10 Koranic verses which commands Muslims to kill infidels? Allah says if anyone does not kill Christians and Jews, then he will not be accepted in Paradise.

Should i? Sis, you are not dealing with a learner here. Like i said before, i'm restrained from really pursuing you and your claims the way i'd ve done normally.

Bring the verses please, I've been keeping quiet since. You Christians are oppressors, just because she became a Muslim.

Cc Rilwayne001, have you been following this thread to see this oppressors?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2017
analice107:

wer are d verses
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by vannessa7(f): 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2017
analice107:

Madam, I'm not in anyway moved by your threat, quote all you want but I think you need to familiarise yourself with the God of the Bible, then you will know He doesn't joke with any group of people serving any other thing or person beside Him, the Quran said the Jew of that time worship Ezra, and have been killing prophets of God while the Christians are worshipping Jesus and Mary beside God, you need to know how God deals in such situations, do you know that the promised land which is the country Israel today rightfully belongs to some other people? but God destroyed them from their land and gave it to Israelites and the Bible says it's because the original settlers were idolaters, God gave precise commands all over the Bible to kill every non believer no matter how innocent they are even pregnancy, Today civilisation has made the world move away from war majorly but the Quran was also sent down during the pre-modernisatin era, and the same Quran in many places told us to be in peace with Jew and Christians and even eat with them in Surah 5 verse 5, if you want to check it out, The fact that I'm emphasising is that there is God in the church as much as He is in the mosque but the power and presence of God in most churches have been diluted by polytheism, which annoys God and give the devil room to operate.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Chubhie: 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2017
analice107 game on.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Graycoder: 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2017
vannessa7:

Madam, I'm not in anyway moved by your threat, quote all you want but I think you need to familiarise yourself with the God of the Bible, then you will know He doesn't joke with any group of people serving any other thing or person beside Him, the Quran said the Jew of that time worship Ezra, and have been killing prophets of God while the Christians are worshipping Jesus and Mary beside God, you need to know how God deals in such situations, do you know that the promised land which is the country Israel today rightfully belongs to some other people? but God destroyed them from their land and gave it to Israelites and the Bible says it's because the original settlers were idolaters, God gave precise commands all over the Bible to kill every non believer no matter how innocent they are even pregnancy, Today civilisation has made the world move away from war majorly but the Quran was also sent down during the pre-modernisatin era, and the same Quran in many places told us to be in peace with Jew and Christians and even eat with them in Surah 5 verse 5, if you want to check it out, The fact that I'm emphasising is that there is God in the church as much as He is in the mosque but the power and presence of God in most churches have been diluted by polytheism, which annoys God and give the devil room to operate.

You are really lost. I'm sorry for your soul
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Graycoder: 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2017
vannessa7:

Quran (2:244) – “Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things.”
Quran (2:216) – “Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.” Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding caravans with this verse.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Graycoder: 2:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
vannessa7:

Quran (3:56) – “As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help.”
Quran (3:151) – “Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority”. This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be ‘joining companions to Allah’).
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Graycoder: 2:59pm On Oct 05, 2017
vannessa7:

Quran (4:74) – “Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward.” The martyrs of Islam are unlike the early Christians, led meekly to the slaughter. These Muslims are killed in battle, as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah. Here is the theological basis for today’s suicide bombers.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Graycoder: 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
vannessa7:

Quran (4:89) – “They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks.”

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT MORE EVIL VERSES FROM THE KORAN
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by manmacho: 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
The bible says in this world you shall have tribulation but be of good sheer we have overcome the world.

we have an adversary called the devil looking for whom to devour

we are encourage to be a good soldier of Christ. soldier signify that we are in a war fare.

but we do not fail nor give up because we know we shall surely win

the bible says if we faint in the day of adversity our strength is small

there are lots of Christian who had been through worse than your experience and are still standing

as a Christian you do not think the devil is going to befriend you. he is your enemy and will throw any thing at you to bring you down

you wanted signs when you needed faith (the word)

My people perish for lack of knowledge

i pray that Christ death on the cross will not be in vain in your life

You should hear testimonies of those who fought for Jesus and won.

I wonder what the apostles will be thinking when they were being crucified

Here them - in all of this we are more than conqueror

i wish this was your song in Christ Jesus

His Grace will find you once again, he still seek and love the lost Sheep

God Bless you

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Rilwayne001: 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2017
Demmzy15:
Bring the verses please, I've been keeping quiet since. You Christians are oppressors, just because she became a Muslim.

Cc Rilwayne001, have you been following this thread to see this oppressors?

Not at all. What's up?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 05, 2017
@Vannessa7, its a brave decision you've taken so far, I pray ALLAH Subhanahu wata'ala keep you strong in it till death...
As for the mentions, they won't stop coming in especially when its now a religious matter..
I will advice, you should try and avoid them as much as possible. Because even if you keep debating from now till forever it won't change anything unless of course ALLAH says so..
And besides, ALLAH Subhanahu wata'ala has stated in the glorious Qur'an that he guides whomever he pleases and he Subhanahu wata'ala also stated that if he wanted he would have made everyone a believer...
May ALLAH Subhanahu wata'ala grant us a righteous end..Aamin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Graycoder: 4:39pm On Oct 05, 2017
ThatIgalaChic:
@Vannessa7, its a brave decision you've taken so far, I pray ALLAH Subhanahu wata'ala keep you strong in it till death...
As for the mentions, they won't stop coming in especially when its now a religious matter..
I will advice, you should try and avoid them as much as possible. Because even if you keep debating from now till forever it won't change anything unless of course ALLAH says so..
And besides, ALLAH Subhanahu wata'ala has stated in the glorious Qur'an that he guides whomever he pleases and he Subhanahu wata'ala also stated that if he wanted he would have made everyone a believer...
May ALLAH Subhanahu wata'ala grant us a righteous end..Aamin

Allah can't change shit. Why are you people so blind ugh? Yeah Allah guides who he pleases because we are pleasure objects to him, I wish he cums on you and your fellows. I also challenge your Allah to try and make me a believer, he may end up disbelieving in himself.

I don't know why you people have turned your back to knowledge, after reading the Koran or the Bible, if you still stick to religion, then you lack wisdom. You came here with your watala nonsense, staining Nairaland with Arabic words. I don't blame you, your Allah only understands Arabic anyway.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by somehow: 4:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
Wow, what a insightful Revelation, read from beginning to end.

A question for you, you said all religions have their own errors, in Islam, what have you noticed?

You already listed the error in Christianity which I kinda knew some of them before now.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Raphael81(m): 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2017
Its good u found peace anyhow, but I doubt if u were a true Christian, u only served God cos of benefits...
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Demmzy15(m): 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Not at all. What's up?
If you're free just browse through the thread and see how they've been oppressing Vanessa just because she became Muslim
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Graycoder: 6:34pm On Oct 05, 2017
Demmzy15:
If you're free just browse through the thread and see how they've been oppressing Vanessa just because she became Muslim

You asked for the verses, now you have them. Any counter argument?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Demmzy15(m): 6:51pm On Oct 05, 2017
Graycoder:

You asked for the verses, now you have them. Any counter argument?
Where are they?

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Graycoder: 6:56pm On Oct 05, 2017
Demmzy15:
Where are they?

Scrolling upward won't harm you.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Rilwayne001: 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
Demmzy15:

Sure
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
vannessa7:

I think you need to familiarise yourself with the God of the Bible
You didn't even know the God in the Church, how can you tell if there's one in the Mosque?
You read stories of the Bible, that's the level you remained. We talk about revelations. The Bible talking back at you as you read it, that's being a Christin.

Lolzzz, Very funny you who were a Christian for 20 yrs without the Holy Spirit is telling me to familiarize myself with the God of the Bible. I like the way you put it, 'The God of the Bible' .That affirms He is a different God from the god in the koran.
Thanks for clarifying

vannessa7:

Madam, I'm not in anyway moved by your threat, quote all you want but I think you need to familiarise yourself with the God of the Bible, then you will know He doesn't joke with any group of people serving any other thing or person beside Him
In what way have i threatened you? Maybe i don't know what threatening means anymore.

Madam, It's a good thing you know what idol worship means to YHWH, (yeah, this is His real name). Yet you are doing the same thing. Even you know that Allah is not the same as YHWH that's the reason you opened this thread, to tell the world that YHWH is powerless. For 20yrs you cried to YHWH according to your terms and conditions, He looked at you, all the while wishing you could apply the principles He laid down for your deliverance, but you were so into what to get and not after Hus kingdom, when you couldn't take it anymore, you went into an Holy Union with an enemy of Christ.

Today, you who with your mouth declared that signs and wonders were performed by you in the name of Jesus (Wish i now doubt the miracles came from Him), Yet you stand with the enemy and call Jesus accursed.

You said it here that what YHWH couldn't do for you in 20yrs of being a Christian, allah did in less than a yeah. Isn't that what you said?

vannessa7:

the Quran said the Jew of that time worship Ezra, and have been killing prophets of God while the Christians are worshipping Jesus and Mary beside God, you need to know how God deals in such situations, do you know that the promised land which is the country Israel today rightfully belongs to some other people?
You have been a Christian for 20yrs, pls who is Ezra?
And, Since you have become a muslim now, maybe you should mention the prophets the Jews killed.
vannessa7:

Quran was also sent down during the pre-modernisatin era, and the same Quran in many places told us to be in peace with Jew and Christians and even eat with them in Surah 5 verse 5, if you want to check it out
I won't bother with this since Graycoder has answered you.

Madam, long gone are the days you muslims lie about the koran. You people shrouded Islam or the koran inside Arabic language and use it to lie freely, now, the lies are opened.

How many times do you lay curses on Jews and Christians when you do you salat?

vannessa7:

The fact that I'm emphasising is that there is God in the church as much as He is in the mosque but the power and presence of God in most churches have been diluted by polytheism, which annoys God and give the devil room to operate.
Thanks for openly declaring Jesus Christ of Nazareth an idol.

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost
1 Corinthians:12:3

See why i told you you never knew the God of the Bible?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Didov1(f): 8:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
haahaaaaa,so this thread is still on.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 9:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
Chubhie:
analice107 game on.
Lolzzz.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 9:04pm On Oct 05, 2017
Graycoder:

You are really lost. I'm sorry for your soul
Thank you my dearest. I wouldn't ve had the strength to type all that for her as i'm fagged out this evening.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by asalimpo(m): 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2017
vannessa7:

You are still preaching theory, you are teaching how to fight a battle without having ever been to war, and for you information, I read and I'm sure I have read more books than you, I have a library and I used to devoured scriptural books, my car was a moving church, if you come to my house you must hear the gospel, my computer in the office was a sermon machine, my phones are filled with messages, of preachers from all over the world, and when I joined Christianity I was engaged to be married as an undergraduate, but I broke the engagement because of fornication, I didn't join Christianity to get things, I wasn't looking for job or anything and btw there is nothing wrong with expecting God to bless you materially as a Christian because God said He has not called the children of Jacob to serve Him in vain, that's in the Bible anyway I don't expect a Bible student to require quotes everytime to recognize biblical words, I understand your angst because the pastors are doing a good job of brainwashing everyone that Islam is evil, I used to preach it too, but now I know better
This is the problem with arguing with women - some of u just burst into emotional flares. No reasoning, no logical analysis of the issue.
You have read more books than me , listened to more messages, been to more conferences - so in other words, you have already encountered most or all of what advice and suggestions people will tell you.
Now, what have you done with the information you've received? Are you a doer of the word or just a hearer?
James 1.22 : ..but be ye DOERS of the word not hearers only DECEIVING YOUR OWN SELVES
Matthew 7:24-27:
24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and DOES them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; AND IT DID NOT FALL, for it was founded on the rock.

26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and DOES NOT DO them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

I have cited two scriptures that make very express and bold claims about how to get results in christianity.
DOING the Word of God.
If Jesus, expressly said that if you do a - b will happen and you do a yet b didnt happen then He, God and the Bible are simply liars.
You are saying in essence- that you have DONE THE WORD and it DIDNT WORK!!!
That's bullsh-t and a lie!!.
Something is wrong.
Others pastors are not hating islam. Islam is not of God, not the God of the bible.
The bible says, you cannot be equally yoked with unbelievers!! Yoked in marraige etc.
That is the word. Saying anything else is just you choosing ur religion . Your years of EXPERIENCE is irrelevant. You are not wiser or more experience that the Holy Spirit who inspired the Bible.
You dont need years of experience to discern God's will on issues and decide whether to act on it.
What does God say on marraige to unbelievers?
What does He say about other "ways" to God?
The bible is very clear.

If you are a child of God and you Do the Word and it doesnt work-the problem isnt with God or His Word,
it is with You. The issue is to find out why it didnt work? That requires research, patience and perseverance.
You can call these theory- which simply shows that you are to proud to bow to the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Graycoder: 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2017
analice107:

Thank you my dearest. I wouldn't ve had the strength to type all that for her as i'm fagged out this evening.

I'm fagged out too, but don't worry because when it comes to this, my strength doubles miraculously.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by asalimpo(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2017
vannessa7:

Madam, I'm not in anyway moved by your threat, quote all you want but I think you need to familiarise yourself with the God of the Bible, then you will know He doesn't joke with any group of people serving any other thing or person beside Him, the Quran said the Jew of that time worship Ezra, and have been killing prophets of God while the Christians are worshipping Jesus and Mary beside God, you need to know how God deals in such situations, do you know that the promised land which is the country Israel today rightfully belongs to some other people? but God destroyed them from their land and gave it to Israelites and the Bible says it's because the original settlers were idolaters, God gave precise commands all over the Bible to kill every non believer no matter how innocent they are even pregnancy, Today civilisation has made the world move away from war majorly but the Quran was also sent down during the pre-modernisatin era, and the same Quran in many places told us to be in peace with Jew and Christians and even eat with them in Surah 5 verse 5, if you want to check it out,
The fact that I'm emphasising is that there is God in the church as much as He is in the mosque but the power and presence of God in most churches have been diluted by polytheism, which annoys God and give the devil room to operate.
You are so deluded ,it's pathetic.
What is polytheism? NOnsense garbage you spew.
Which God is in Islam and christianity.
Stop spewing crap and back up ur claims with the scriptures?
- the promise was to Abraham and his Seed. Who is this seed? Jesus Christ.
Ishmael - the ancestor of Islamic race wasnt the promised seed. He wasnt the seed of promise.
- There's no way that a man can be saved except thru Jesus Christ . Except a man be born again, he CANNOT (IMPOSSIBLE./NEVER) ENTER the kingdom of God. That is final.
- Jesus Christ is the ONLY MEDIATOR between God and Man. No other way. If you like say whatever prayer in islam 100 times a day. The bible stance is clear.
I'm quoting scriptures and giving you scriptures. The spirit that inspired the scriptures is not the spirit in Islam.
If you want to throw away ur salvation and go join an apostate religion, you are free. It's ur choice but dont
come here trying to convince any1 with illogical unscriptural arguments. Back your arguments up with scriptures not with "I have been xyz years in christianity and so on. Your credentials dont mean anything.
How long u've been a pastor dont mean anything. ONly the word of God. ".

3 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
Demmzy15:
I will excuse you if you make any unsavory claims against Christianity, that's becos you have always been standing outside and viewing us through the window. But, this woman claims to be inside with us for 20yrs. And, for this 20yrs, she never was sanctified by the Holy Spirit. Then how did she become a Christian?

It's only the Holy Spirit who can make one a Christian. No one can become a Christian on their own, not possible.

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
John:6:44
YHWH by Himself draws those whom he will save by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No sinlge person was born again, until the Holy Spirit was released by YHWH on the day of Pentecost. So, the bogus claims she makes here, if we should actually take her on them, she will run away from her thread.

When someone becomes born again by the power of the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit takes residence inside that body, how then can this woman claim she was born again for 20yrs, yet she had demons living inside of her? Lawwwd Nooo,

Can light and darkness cohabit? NOOOO.

WHEN ONE STEPS IN, ONE LEAVE AUTOMATICALLY.

I can't say she wasn't in church. she was, but certainly no in Christ.

To tell you the truth, you can never encounter Christ and leave, Never.

There's something that happens in the inside of you, no matter how you tried, you couldn't explain it to another person.

There's love that binds you.

Thank You Jesus. I don't deserve your love, but you love me inspite of my sins and frailties, you you love anyways.

Lord, as many that are still under the chains and yokes of satan, free them and give them victory over sin and satan. Amen.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 05, 2017
Graycoder:

Quran (2:244) – “Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things.”
Quran (2:216) – “Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.” Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding caravans with this verse.
go back and read al baqara (Quran:2:190 ) u will c y he(Allah) priscribed jihad (striving nd fighting in cause of Allah) for d muslims

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

"Why Nigerians Have Not Revolted Against Buhari" - Rev Eragbai, General Overseer / Are Jehovah Witness People Real Christians? / Pa Enebeli Elebuwa Exposes Pastor Sign Fireman. Says He Is A 419ner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.