Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,669 members, 7,813,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian (23510 Views)

Ahmad Amadi: Why I Converted To Christianity - Leader Of Muslims Against Terror / Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity / Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 9:13pm On Sep 30, 2017
Chubhie:

Vanessa is sharing her subjective experiences of two worlds. All the shaming and threats of hell fire won't cut it not until you know what it feels like to walk in Vanessa's shoes.

On my personal journey, I passed through Islam and still maintains that Islam is beautiful.

Everyone deserves the right to evolve at their own pace.
My questions remains unanswered. See? this is how we catch people who lie that they were Christians whereas, they werent.

Make her answer my questions then we can talk.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by hopefulLandlord: 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2017
orisa37:
You were a Baby Christian, not Born Again, when you converted.

No True Scotsman fallacy
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Richdotcom: 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2017
analice107:

I know dear. What i mean is, whatever will present itself in the place of Christ in my life, i walk away.

In her case, marriage took her away from Christ, that's if she ever even knew Him.
You can never love Christ and fall out of love with Him again.

Yes true words!
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Chubhie: 9:27pm On Sep 30, 2017
analice107:

My questions remains unanswered. See? this is how we catch people who lie that they were Christians whereas, they werent.

Make her answer my questions then we can talk.
Such authority you arrogate yourself.Let's hope vanessa indulges you so that your office can stamp her with your seal of christian approval.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by orimion(m): 9:31pm On Sep 30, 2017
all you christians trying to correct with arguments and/or insults, I hope you were led to do it
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by hopefulLandlord: 9:33pm On Sep 30, 2017
Richdotcom:

Yes true words!

more like bullsheet words

its funny how both Muslims and Christians pull the no true Scotsman fallacy all the time

it always sound cool cuz its what you want to hear but scratch the surface and it makes no sense!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 9:38pm On Sep 30, 2017
Chubhie:

Such authority you arrogate yourself.Let's hope vanessa indulges you so that your office can stamp her with your seal of christian approval.
Lol. I have no authority of my own, but when a person comes up with the kind of claims she made here, she shd be prepared for questions. For whatever reason, i'm very nice and gentle on her.

Let me state here that she is a lair. If she was a Christian and was involved in all she said she was involved in, the questions i asked won't take her a minute to answer. Why is she acting like she didn't see them?

What does sanctification means @Vennessa?

Where you sanctified? You were a Committed Christian for 20yrs, were you sanctified?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Chubhie: 10:03pm On Sep 30, 2017
analice107:

Lol. I have no authority of my own, but when a person comes up with the kind of claims she made here, she shd be prepared for questions. For whatever reason, i'm very nice and gentle on her.

Let me state here that she is a lair. If she was a Christian and was involved in all she said she was involved in, the questions i asked won't take her a minute to answer. Why is she acting like she didn't see them?

What does sanctification means @Vennessa?

Where you sanctified? You were a Committed Christian for 20yrs, were you sanctified?
Allow her to first finish sharing her experiences. I believe the questions and answers sessions will follow once she has landed.

Dont provoke her to go ballistic on you. Remember she's a lecturer,have had a taste of two worlds and you know a muslim stands a shoulder high in comparison?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2017
Chubhie:

Vanessa is sharing her subjective experiences of two worlds. All the shaming and threats of hell fire won't cut it not until you know what it feels like to walk in Vanessa's shoes.

On my personal journey, I passed through Islam and still maintains that Islam is beautiful.

Everyone deserves the right to evolve at their own pace.
That's why i asked her to share with us the epiphany of her salvation, Purity, Sanctification, Holiness and Righteousness. She said she experiences these now in islam, i'm not in doubt, but since she has been a Christian for 20yrs, and she was a prayer warrior, she prayed and people got healed, she did exploit in the name of Jesus, but today, she stands to declare that Jesus is the same with the Caricature personality painted by islam, meaning what she did in the name of Jesus was a lie, because the jesus of the koran never healed anyone.

All, i'm asking is, what was her epiphany as a Christian? I'm sure this is not too hard a question to answer.

Pls, have her answer me.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 10:36pm On Sep 30, 2017
Chubhie:

Allow her to first finish sharing her experiences. I believe the questions and answers sessions will follow once she has landed.

Dont provoke her to go ballistic on you. Remember she's a lecturer,have had a taste of two worlds and you know a muslim stands a shoulder high in comparison?
Oh Wow, i'm so scared of this lecturer. I'm so shaken right now with fear of her. buhahahahahahaha.

Yes, she claims she has a taste of two worlds, why then is it very hard for her to detail her epiphany in the world she left just last year? I's amazing how under 1 year she knows so much of Islam and less of the Christianity she had been in for 20yrs.
Doesnt that tell you something?

Muslims stands a shoulder high with who?

@Vennessa, i will like to debate you on Islamic matters, pls open a thread just the two of us, lets see how you'd stand a shoulder high against me.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Richdotcom: 10:42pm On Sep 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

more like bullsheet words

its funny how both Muslims and Christians pull the no true Scotsman fallacy all the time

it always sound cool cuz its what you want to hear but scratch the surface and it makes no sense!

Your cup of tea...... ✌️
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Chubhie: 10:58pm On Sep 30, 2017
analice107:

Oh Wow, i'm so scared of this lecturer. I'm so shaken right now with fear of her. buhahahahahahaha.

Yes, she claims she has a taste of two worlds, why then is it very hard for her to detail her epiphany in the world she left just last year? I's amazing how under 1 year she knows so much of Islam and less of the Christianity she had been in for 20yrs.
Doesnt that tell you something?

Muslims stands a shoulder high with who?

@Vennessa, i will like to debate you on Islamic matters, pls open a thread just the two of us, lets see how you'd stand a shoulder high against me.
Make una tag for that no holds barred thread so i can come and learn.

Over to you Vanessa.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 11:08pm On Sep 30, 2017
Chubhie:
Make una tag for that no holds barred thread so i can come and learn.
Over to you Vanessa.
I'm waiting.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 11:09pm On Sep 30, 2017
Richdotcom:

Your cup of tea...... ✌️
Pls ignore him completely.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Richdotcom: 1:30am On Oct 01, 2017
analice107:

Pls ignore him completely.

I will.... 9ja we too funny eh!!!
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by asalimpo(m): 5:48am On Oct 01, 2017
vannessa7:

The essence of Christianity is far from holiness, Jesus said he did not come for the Holy people but unholy, You have to qualify, it's spiritual law, you can't be guiltless and still be convicted, What ever Apostle Paul wrote cannot be taken as the word of Christ, He introduced so many idea and he said so himself, look closely at Jesus ministrations and see his message which is to direct man to serve the only living God, the Quran came after the injeel so Jesus saying he is the way has no basis for comparison, all I know is I believe Jesus is a prophet of God born by the Virgin Mary through the word of God and he is coming at the last da.y after the trumpet has been blown as it is written in the Quran and the Bible but God and Jesus did not ask us to worship Jesus in replacement of God, worshipping him along with God is breaking the law of God and earning a curse, that is why many are languishing under heavy affliction of the devil and they are Christians.
You simply dont know what you're yapping.
- The essense of Christianity is not Holiness? huh?
Then what was the essense of God taking man's sins onhimself , going to hell for man?
- the apostle paul wasnt Inspired by God? really - provide scripture for that.
- You are mistaken. Jesus says, He is the WAY, THE LIGHT AND THE TRUTH NO MAN , INCLUDING MUHAMMED OR ANYTHING, leads to the Father but Him? That's a heavy statement to make.
Jesus says, except a man be born-again, He shall not enter into the kingdom of God! That's a very heavy statement.
- The bible says you shall know the spirit of anti christ by it's refusal to admit that Jesus came in the flesh and was virgin born and was God. All false religions either outrightly deny the diety of Jesus or try to put him down as some1 lesser.
- You talk about worshiping Jesus and not God is immaterial and diversionary. Christians dont get that wrong. You can't speak for us, who doesnt even know the bible or the structure of christian theology.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by asalimpo(m): 6:00am On Oct 01, 2017
vannessa7:

You know, I'm answering you because you seem sincere and you insist, well this is my take, I can only speak of my experiences in the two religions, I will not be forced to make claims I'm not sure of in order to score cheap points, having said that, the Quran said Jesus came by the word of God, be, and he was created, it also said Angel Gabriel breathed in the sleeve of Mary and she conceive by the spirit of God, then it says at crucifixion the likeness of Jesus was put upon another person and the person was crucified instead but Jesus went to heaven alive. I don't use the name of Jesus to pray again because the covenant I'm under doesn't require that, we pray directly to God five times daily demonstrating our worship of God only by bowing, also the Quran didn't ask us to, the Holy Spirit is a creature of God to Muslim's just like Angels, subservient to God and submissive to His will, the Quran said God use the Holy Spirit to create all things, I don't think a Muslim needs to be baptized in the Holy Spirit because when you are holy, it means you carry the Holy Spirit, I remembered feeling a rush of the Holy Spirit the first time I entered a mosque, I still feel it now when I'm praying, that is why we cannot be possessed, the reason for low crime rate in the north is not because they are specially brought up, but the demons possessing people making them to commit various crimes will not just be able to stay in you if you perform your five salat daily. I already said if I had started my Christian journey in rccg I might not be in this situation but the first church I attended kept manifesting while I was at rccg, I think another plus for Islam is you don't have to wait for days before you can connect seriously, each time you do salat you get recharged, the devil doesn't rest or wait till Sunday to afflict people, he works 24/7
Madam, you're strongly deluded.
You read the Bible,believed it - just words on paper
then you read the Quoran - believed it - again words on paper-
you then choose to believe one over the other - you choose the koran,
next, you purport to be right based on something you can't prove - what the koran says.
So what's the basis for debunking the bible? You have no incontrovertible proof, you just chose to believe and that's all. Period.
It's simple faith. You chose to believe.
You have a masters degree - and yet you reason so illogically!! God forbid! Your arguments are as holey as swiss cheese.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by asalimpo(m): 6:14am On Oct 01, 2017
shadeyinka:

I had experience her kind of pains before. It can be frustrating when you pray everyday for deliverance but nothing seems to change.

The truth of the matter is that God seldom help us to chase away demons. He has given us the power to do so by ourselves. Unfortunately, our pastors usually don't teach us the art of spiritual warfare. They prefer that we bring our problems to them.

There is a difference between Praying to God and Fighting/Casting out demons. I learnt the hard way but thank God I overcame(Four Solid years of daily Praying).

I know the difference between ASKING and COMMANDING. If you don't use your authority in Christ to command demons out, you will suffer eh! Demons understand only the language of Pain, Force and Authority.

Her Holy Spirit is not the one you know o. Her Holy Spirit is Jubril (' the supposed Angle Gabriel"wink

This is why christians need to read - not just the bible but good christian books on pertinent matters -.
From my experience, most christians are mentally lazy and intellectually sloppy. They just want to cast their problems on one person and take in any thing they are told. Next, when they see no result they begin blaming God. There's so much phoniness in traditional christianity.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by asalimpo(m): 6:27am On Oct 01, 2017
vannessa7:
I'm going to say this to buttress my point, I once heard Pastor Adeboye saying he doesn't understand why the Holy Spirit did not allow apostle Paul to go to Asia with the gospel because now they serve several idols, I think the answer is because Christianity cannot handle them at their level of idolatry, in fact when I watch zee world I always imagined the kind of havoc those idols will cause if Indians embrace Christianity, it's only Islam that can handle such level of idolatry and they will be OK, even when they were colonised they didn't embrace Christianity from their colonial master but they have Islam now with one of the most beautiful mosque in the world, though they have Christianity too but in very small percentage and I don't wonder why, the fact is Christianity is not for everybody, there will always be some people like me who need to worship God without associating partners with Him before the devil will leave them alone. people should please read between the lines to get my inference, I cannot be repeating myself, salam
The problem you have, is that you are strongly deluded and dont know it.
You supplant the Bible with with your own ideas?
What dyu mean - Christianity cannot handle them? - Is there any where in the scriptures saying that God's word failed? Jesus Christ said "Go ye into the world and preach the gospel to every creature " , every means the entire world,including Asia! Which asian devil will counter the light of God's word? So it is clear that God intended for the gospel to be preached in he whole world to reach the entire ends of the earth.
Why God chose not to send paul is best known to Him, bu His original plan doesnt change.
When you want to state something about the Scriptures, make your points with scriptures not your opinions.
So God couldnt use Christianity,he had to use islam, are u sane or logical saying that nonsense?
Would a sane God create to opposing religions and use them to accomplish His objectives? If so,then God was using the philistines who worshipped idols, as well as the Isrealites who where their arch enemies.
God was using pharoah as well as moses. God raised goliath to taunt the children of Isreal as well as David who slew him. Clear your head.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by orisa37: 7:39am On Oct 01, 2017
A True Scotsman knows himself. And God is always judging The Minds of men.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 01, 2017
IS THE BIBLE TRUE GOD'S WORDS?? This question has raised alot of speculations about the credibility and authenticity of the Holy writ called "BIBLE"...In this article I will try to reveal some things 'latent' in the Bible. We all know that if truly a book is from God through revelation or inspiration... It must be error-free and must contain no form of contradictions, discrepancies,falsification, fabrications or misrepresentation whatsoever.. (1)God's comparison— GENESIS 1:26-27 explains dat God creates man in his own image..but the case is different in ISAIAH 40:18-25 where God says, " to whom will u liken me or shall i be equal? Says the Holy "one". So this is a contradiction within d bible.. (2) Another question is can humans see God?.. (When God didnt reveal himself to Prophet Musa (Moses) A.S.)....EXODUS 33:20 reads "thou shall not see the face of God and live" This is nat d case in Amos 9:1..where Amos claims he saw God Almighty on the altar (How absurd?! )...similarly in Jacob wrestled with God and defeated him and his life was preserved (check GENESIS 32: 30) And also ISAIAH 6:1..How can God reveal this kind of contradictions ( IMPOSSIBLE) (3)TEMPTATION: Which one shoud I believe??God cannot tempt man(James 1:13)....OR...God tempted Abraham (Genesis 22:1) (4) SAUL'S DEATH: Which 1 shud I bliv??.. Saul committed suicide (1 Samuel 31:4-6) ..OR...philistines slain Saul in Gilboa.. (2nd Samuel 21:12) (5) JESUS DEATH: Which 1 shud I bliv??...JESUS cried..committed his soul unto God and died (Luke23:46)....OR...Jesus was given Vinegar and died afta drinking it(John 19:30) (6)JOSEPH FATHER: which one shud I beliv??..Joseph son of Jacob (Matthew1: 16) OR Joseph son of Heli (Luke3:23) (7)SOLOMON ARMY: Wch 1 shud I bliv??...Solomon had FORTY thousand horses (1 kings 4:26) ....OR.. Solomon had FOUR thousand horses (2 chronicle 9:25) ( MICHAL STORY: WHich 1 shud I beliv.??...Michal had no child(2 Samuel 6:23)...OR Michal had 5 children (2 samuel 21: (9)AHAZIAH AGE: which one should I beliv??..AHAZIAH was 42 years old (2 Chronicle 22:2)...OR... Two and 20 years old AHAZIAH (2 KINGS8:26) (10)CRUCIFIXION OR CRUCI-FICTION: None of Jesus disciples witnessed his death..they all forsook him and fled (MARK 14:50)...JESUS came to preach oneness of God not TRINITY or die for sins (MARK 1:38. AND JOHN 17:4).....The question is: If none of the disciples witnessed his death... How did they know about the full story??.... Moreover JESUS was unwilling to die ..(Check John8:68...John10:39..Luke 22:36..Luke 4:43..Matthew 26:22 ..Matt 26: 36-39and so on)...Also After JESUS found out he was going to be killed, the bible says he dint walk among the jews anymore. Then he told his disciples to buy swords for fighting to save his life (LUKE 22:38) THE QUESTION IS IF HE KNEW HE WAS GOING TO DIE FOR HUMANS SINS...WHY DIDNT HE LET HIMSELF BE CAPTURED.??..WHY DID HE ORDER HIS DISCIPLES TO BUY SWORDS ?? (11) JESUS as servant NOT GOD : MATTHEW 12:18 (12)JESUS AS A PROPHET NOT GOD.. (MATTHEW 21:45-46) (13) GOD IS STUPID??...1ST CORINTHIANS 1:25 .. ("because the stupidity of God is wiser than wisdom of Man" How can you compare God's stupidity (14) GOD SHAVING BEARD: ISAIAH 7:20 (HOW COME??)...Were you there Mr ISAIAH?? (15) JESUS IS GOING TO HELL IN THE BIBLE?? /..jesus said that whosoever calls his fellow brothers FOOLS will enta Hell fire ( MATTHEW 5:22)...and after saying this according to the BIBLE.. he then called some people FOOLS (MATTHEW 23:17) . With these.erroneous excerpts from the Holy Writ called The BIBLE.... one can say its not a revelation from ALLAH(GOD ALMIGHTY ) because his words neva change or contain errors ALLAH SAYS AND I QOUTE . Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 109: Many of the followers of the Book wish that they could turn you back into unbelievers after your faith, out of envy from themselves, (even) after the truth has become manifest to them; but pardon and forgive, so that Allah should bring about His command; surely Allah has power over all things. Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 111: And they say: None shall enter the garden (or paradise) except he who is a Jew or a Christian. These are their vain desires. Say: Bring your proof if you are truthful. (English - Shakir) Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 112: Yes! whoever submits himself entirely to Allah and he is the doer of good (to others) he has his reward from his Lord, and there is no fear for him nor shall he grieve. (English - Shakir) Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 113: And the Jews say: The Christians do not follow anything (good) and the Christians say: The Jews do not follow anything (good) while they recite the (same) Book. Even thus say those who have no knowledge, like to what they say; so Allah shall judge between them on the day of resurrection in what they differ. (English - Shakir) Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 113: And the Jews say: The Christians do not follow anything (good) and the Christians say: The Jews do not follow anything (good) while they recite the (same) Book. Even thus say those who have no knowledge, like to what they say; so Allah shall judge between them on the day of resurrection in what they differ. (English - Shakir) Mind u...sinc i was born.. i v neva seen any contradictions in d QURAN like dese.. it shows D QURAN is d complete n correct words of God ASALAMU ALAYKUM MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN ISLAM....NOW YOU SEE HOW LUCKY YOU ARE THAT ALLAH SHOWED YOU THE LIGHT AND THE RIGHT PATH.... I KNOW MANY CHRISTIANS WILL READ THIS AND REJECT THE TRUTH.. THIS IS BECAUSE ALLAH SHOWS WHOSOEVER HE WILLS THE RIGHT PATH.. CHRISTIANS BLUNDER! TRYING TO EQUALIZE JESUS CHRIST {PBUH} WITH THE ALMIGHTY GOD-THEY KEEP HAVING PROBLEM... Am going to quote from three {3} different versions of the Bible, the popular John 1:1-3 that the Christians normally use to fool and deceive the innocent souls..... We analyze it, and at the end we see how ERRONEOUS it is to take a creature {Jesus} for the Creator {ALLAH}..... {1}---John 1:1-3 of the King James Version of the Bible reads:- "In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. He was with God in the beginning, all things were made through him and without him was not anything made that was made." {2}---John 1:1-3 of the New World Translation Version of the Bible reads:- In the beginning the word was and the word was with God and the word was god. All things came into existence through him and apart from him not even one thing came into existence." {3}---John 1:1-3 of the living Bible reads:- "Before anything else existed there was Christ with God. He has always been alive and is himself God. He created everything there is - nothing exists that he did not make." Amusing! I hope men of understanding can found out the differences, contradictions, variations, and interpolations therein? In the King James Version of the Bible, it is written that the word was God. In the New World Translation Version of the Bible, It is written that the word was not God. (Capital Letter) But the word was a god. In the Living Bible, Christ is place instead of the word in order to confuse the readers. Now, on a more sincere note; Can any Evangelist, Pastor, Reverend, Deacon, Deaconess, Born-again Christian tell Us why these changes occur within the context of John 1:1-3 of different Versions of the Bible Is the Word whom you Christians claim to be Jesus God or a god? The Bible indeed indeed dumped all Christians in to Error..... John 1:1-3 is one of the outstanding lies the Trinitarians use to support their belief about the God ship of Jesus Christ. To further nail them, Let's put this Verse on Mathematical scale and you all will only see that we come to a blasphemous conclusion that there were two Gods in the beginning.. Please, i urge all the Christians to wear their eye glasses and read>>> John 1:1-3... Let the word that was with God from the beginning=X and let God =Y.. Since Jesus=Word.. Therefore X=Jesus and Y=God. Then Word +God =X+Y=Jesus+God...... But according to John 10:30, Jesus =God. Jesus +God=God+God= 2Gods (QED). Written BY ABDUL-MUJIB IBN ABDUL-RAHEEM... (May ALLAH reward you for sharing this post)
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 01, 2017
umarsheks6:
IS THE BIBLE TRUE GOD'S WORDS??
This question has raised alot of speculations
about the credibility and authenticity of the Holy
writ called "BIBLE"...In this article I will try to
reveal some things 'latent' in the Bible.
We all know that if truly a book is from God
through revelation or inspiration... It must be
error-free and must contain no form of
contradictions, discrepancies,falsification,
fabrications or misrepresentation whatsoever..
(1)God's comparison— GENESIS 1:26-27 explains
dat God creates man in his own image..but the
case is different in ISAIAH 40:18-25 where God
says, " to whom will u liken me or shall i be
equal? Says the Holy "one". So this is a
contradiction within d bible..
(2) Another question is can humans see God?..
(When God didnt reveal himself to Prophet Musa
(Moses) A.S.)....EXODUS 33:20 reads "thou shall
not see the face of God and live" This is nat d
case in Amos 9:1..where Amos claims he saw God
Almighty on the altar (How absurd?! )...similarly
in Jacob wrestled with God and defeated him and
his life was preserved (check GENESIS 32: 30) And
also ISAIAH 6:1..How can God reveal this kind of
contradictions ( IMPOSSIBLE)
(3)TEMPTATION: Which one shoud I believe??God
cannot tempt man(James 1:13)....OR...God
tempted Abraham (Genesis 22:1)
(4) SAUL'S DEATH: Which 1 shud I bliv??.. Saul
committed suicide (1 Samuel
31:4-6) ..OR...philistines slain Saul in Gilboa..
(2nd Samuel 21:12)
(5) JESUS DEATH: Which 1 shud I bliv??...JESUS
cried..committed his soul unto God and died
(Luke23:46)....OR...Jesus was given Vinegar and
died afta drinking it(John 19:30)
(6)JOSEPH FATHER: which one shud I
beliv??..Joseph son of Jacob
(Matthew1: 16) OR Joseph son of Heli (Luke3:23)
(7)SOLOMON ARMY: Wch 1 shud I
bliv??...Solomon had FORTY thousand horses (1
kings 4:26) ....OR.. Solomon had FOUR thousand
horses (2 chronicle 9:25)
( MICHAL STORY: WHich 1 shud I
beliv.??...Michal had no child(2 Samuel
6:23)...OR Michal had 5 children (2 samuel 21:
(9)AHAZIAH AGE: which one should I
beliv??..AHAZIAH was 42 years old (2 Chronicle
22:2)...OR... Two and 20 years old AHAZIAH (2
KINGS8:26)
(10)CRUCIFIXION OR CRUCI-FICTION: None of
Jesus disciples witnessed his death..they all
forsook him and fled (MARK 14:50)...JESUS came
to preach oneness of God not TRINITY or die for
sins (MARK 1:38. AND JOHN 17:4).....The question
is: If none of the disciples witnessed his death...
How did they know about the full story??....
Moreover JESUS was unwilling to die ..(Check
John8:68...John10:39..Luke 22:36..Luke
4:43..Matthew 26:22 ..Matt 26: 36-39and so
on)...Also After JESUS found out he was going to
be killed, the bible says he dint walk among the
jews anymore. Then he told his disciples to buy
swords for fighting to save his life (LUKE 22:38)
THE QUESTION IS IF HE KNEW HE WAS GOING TO
DIE FOR HUMANS SINS...WHY DIDNT HE LET
HIMSELF BE CAPTURED.??..WHY DID HE ORDER
HIS DISCIPLES TO BUY SWORDS ??
(11) JESUS as servant NOT GOD : MATTHEW 12:18
(12)JESUS AS A PROPHET NOT GOD.. (MATTHEW
21:45-46)
(13) GOD IS STUPID??...1ST CORINTHIANS 1:25 ..
("because the stupidity of God is wiser than
wisdom of Man" How can you compare God's
stupidity
(14) GOD SHAVING BEARD: ISAIAH 7:20 (HOW
COME??)...Were you there Mr ISAIAH??
(15) JESUS IS GOING TO HELL IN THE
BIBLE?? /..jesus said that whosoever calls his
fellow brothers FOOLS will enta Hell fire
( MATTHEW 5:22)...and after saying this according
to the BIBLE.. he then called some people FOOLS
(MATTHEW 23:17)
. With these.erroneous excerpts from the Holy
Writ called The BIBLE.... one can say its not a
revelation from ALLAH(GOD ALMIGHTY ) because
his words neva change or contain errors
ALLAH SAYS AND I QOUTE
. Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 109:
Many of the followers of the Book wish that they
could turn you back into unbelievers after your
faith, out of envy from themselves, (even) after
the truth has become manifest to them; but
pardon and forgive, so that Allah should bring
about His command; surely Allah has power over
all things.
Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 111:
And they say: None shall enter the garden (or
paradise) except he who is a Jew or a Christian.
These are their vain desires. Say: Bring your
proof if you are truthful.
(English - Shakir)
Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 112:
Yes! whoever submits himself entirely to Allah
and he is the doer of good (to others) he has his
reward from his Lord, and there is no fear for him
nor shall he grieve.
(English - Shakir)
Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 113:
And the Jews say: The Christians do not follow
anything (good) and the Christians say: The Jews
do not follow anything (good) while they recite
the (same) Book. Even thus say those who have
no knowledge, like to what they say; so Allah
shall judge between them on the day of
resurrection in what they differ.
(English - Shakir)
Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 113:
And the Jews say: The Christians do not follow
anything (good) and the Christians say: The Jews
do not follow anything (good) while they recite
the (same) Book. Even thus say those who have
no knowledge, like to what they say; so Allah
shall judge between them on the day of
resurrection in what they differ.
(English - Shakir)
Mind u...sinc i was born.. i v neva seen any
contradictions in d QURAN like dese.. it shows D
QURAN is d complete n correct words of God
ASALAMU ALAYKUM MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS
IN ISLAM....NOW YOU SEE HOW LUCKY YOU ARE
THAT ALLAH SHOWED YOU THE LIGHT AND THE
RIGHT PATH.... I KNOW MANY CHRISTIANS WILL
READ THIS AND REJECT THE TRUTH.. THIS IS
BECAUSE ALLAH SHOWS WHOSOEVER HE WILLS
THE RIGHT PATH..
CHRISTIANS BLUNDER!
TRYING TO EQUALIZE JESUS CHRIST {PBUH} WITH
THE ALMIGHTY GOD-THEY KEEP HAVING
PROBLEM...
Am going to quote from three {3} different
versions of the Bible, the popular John 1:1-3 that
the Christians normally use to fool and deceive
the innocent souls.....
We analyze it, and at the end we see how
ERRONEOUS it is to take a creature {Jesus} for
the Creator {ALLAH}.....
{1}---John 1:1-3 of the King James Version of the
Bible reads:- "In the beginning was the word and
the word was with God and the word was God.
He was with God in the beginning, all things
were made through him and without him was not
anything made that was made."
{2}---John 1:1-3 of the New World Translation
Version of the Bible reads:- In the beginning the
word was and the word was with God and the
word was god. All things came into existence
through him and apart from him not even one
thing came into existence."
{3}---John 1:1-3 of the living Bible reads:- "Before
anything else existed there was Christ with God.
He has always been alive and is himself God. He
created everything there is - nothing exists that
he did not make."
Amusing! I hope men of understanding can
found out the differences, contradictions,
variations, and interpolations therein?
In the King James Version of the Bible, it is
written that the word was God.
In the New World Translation Version of the
Bible, It is written that the word was not God.
(Capital Letter) But the word was a god.
In the Living Bible, Christ is place instead of the
word in order to confuse the readers.
Now, on a more sincere note; Can any Evangelist,
Pastor, Reverend, Deacon, Deaconess, Born-again
Christian tell Us why these changes occur within
the context of John 1:1-3 of different Versions of
the Bible
Is the Word whom you Christians claim to be
Jesus God or a god?
The Bible indeed indeed dumped all Christians
in to Error.....
John 1:1-3 is one of the outstanding lies the
Trinitarians use to support their belief about the
God ship of Jesus Christ.
To further nail them, Let's put this Verse on
Mathematical scale and you all will only see that
we come to a blasphemous conclusion that there
were two Gods in the beginning..
Please, i urge all the Christians to wear their eye
glasses and read>>> John 1:1-3...
Let the word that was with God from the
beginning=X and let God =Y..
Since Jesus=Word.. Therefore X=Jesus and Y=God.
Then Word +God =X+Y=Jesus+God......
But according to John 10:30, Jesus =God. Jesus
+God=God+God= 2Gods (QED).
Written BY ABDUL-MUJIB IBN ABDUL-RAHEEM...
(May ALLAH reward you for sharing this post)
if youlike still deny d TRUTH
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 01, 2017
i hope ur eyes open nw if dey ar not still open may Allah open it
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 01, 2017
Bible Verses That Indicate Jesus Is Not God The Creator 1. Matthew 24:36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the Son, but the Father only . Here Jesus makes a distinction between what he knows and what the Father knows. 2. Matthew 26:39 My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me, yet not as I will, but as Thou will. Jesus’ will is likewise autonomous from God’s Will. Jesus is seeking acquiescence to God’s will. 3. John 5:26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. Jesus received his life from God. God received his life from no one. He is eternally self- existent. 4. John 5:30 By myself, I can do nothing: I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who has sent me. Jesus says, “by myself, I can do nothing.” This indicates that Jesus is relying upon his own relationship with God. He is not trying to “please myself” but rather is seeking to “please the one who sent me.” 5. John 5:19 The Son can do nothing by himself ; he can do only what he sees the Father doing, because whatever the Father does, the Son does also. Jesus declares that he is following a pattern laid down by God. He is expressing obedience to God. 6. Mark 10:18 Why do you call me good ? No one is good, except God alone. Here Jesus emphatically makes a distinction between himself and God. 7. John 14:28 The Father is greater than I. This is another strong statement that makes a distinction between Jesus and God. 8. Matthew 6:9 Our Father, which art in Heaven. He didn’t pray, Our Father, which art standing right here!” 9. Matthew 27:46 My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me? Inconceivable if he is God the Creator. 10. John 17:21-23 . . .that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. . ..that they may be one as we are one : I in them and you in me. In this prayer Jesus defines the term “to be one.” It is clearly accomplished through the relationship of two autonomous beings. Christian believers are to model their relationship (to become one) after the relationship of God and Christ (as God and Christ are one). Notice that “to be one” does not mean to be “one and the same.” 11. 1 Corinthians 15:27-28 For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself , who put everything under Christ. When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all . Paul declares that God put everything under Christ, except God himself. Instead God rules all things through Christ. (remember: “through him all things were made.”) 12. Hebrews 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being. Jesus is the exact representation of his being. I send my representative to Congress. He is not me, myself. He is my representative. 13. Hebrews 4:15 (compared with James 1:13) For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are — yet without sin. Jesus has been tempted in every way, just as we are, yet he never sinned. See James 1:13: When tempted, no one should say, God is tempting me. For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt. Jesus was tempted in every way, but God cannot be tempted. This is why Jesus said, “don’t call me good, none are good, only God.” 14. Hebrews 5:7-9 During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death , and he was heard because of his reverent submission. Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect , he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him Jesus had to walk a course of faith and obedience in order to achieve perfection. By achieving perfection, Jesus “became” the source of eternal salvation
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 01, 2017
umarsheks6:
Following is a chart that lists the verses in the Quran that
teach about Jesus . There are many other verses that mention
him, but they are largely repetitive. The English version used
is the Usuf Ali Translation of 1985. http://quran.com
Teaching Verse
Jesus was
born of a virgin
He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from
thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a
holy son. 20 She said: "How shall I have a
son, seeing that no man has touched me ,
and I am not unchaste?" 21 He said: "So (it
will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me:
and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto
men and a Mercy from Us': It is a matter
(so) decreed." (19:19-21, Yusif Ali)
And (remember) her who guarded her
chastity : We breathed into her of Our spirit,
and We made her and her son a sign for all
peoples. (21:91, Yusif Ali)
Jesus
strengthened
with the Holy
Spirit
We gave Moses the Book and followed him
up with a succession of messengers; We
gave Jesus the son of Mary Clear (Signs)
and strengthened him with the holy spirit . Is
it that whenever there comes to you a
messenger with what ye yourselves desire
not, ye are puffed up with pride?- Some ye
called impostors, and others ye slay! (2:87,
Yusif Ali)
Jesus was
given
revelation by
Allah
He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He
hath given me revelation and made me a
prophet. (19:30, Yusif Ali)
Jesus taken
bodily into
Heaven
Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee
and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of
the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I
will make those who follow thee superior to
those who reject faith, to the Day of
Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto
me, and I will judge between you of the
matters wherein ye dispute. (3:55, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was
created
The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as
that of Adam; He created him from dust ,
then said to him: "Be". And he was. (3:59,
Yusif Ali)
Deny Jesus'
Crucifixion
That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ
Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of
Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified
him, but so it was made to appear to them,
and those who differ therein are full of
doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but
only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they
killed him not. (4:157,Yusif Ali)
Jesus is no
more than a
messenger of
Allah
O People of the Book! Commit no excesses
in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but
the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was
(no more than) a messenger of Allah, and
His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and
a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in
Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity":
desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is
one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is
He) above having a son. To Him belong all
things in the heavens and on earth. And
enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
(4:171, Yusif Ali)
Christ the son of Mary was no more than a
messenger; many were the messengers that
passed away before him. His mother was a
woman of truth. They had both to eat their
(daily) food. See how Allah doth make His
signs clear to them; yet see in what ways
they are deluded away from the truth!
(5:575, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was a
miracle worker
We have made some of these messengers
to excel the others among them are they to
whom Allah spoke, and some of them He
exalted by (many degrees of) rank; and We
gave clear miracles to Isa son of Marium ,
and strengthened him with the holy spirit.
And if Allah had pleased, those after them
would not have fought one with another
after clear arguments had come to them,
but they disagreed; so there were some of
them who believed and others who denied;
and if Allah had pleased they would not have
fought one with another, but Allah brings
about what He intends. (2:253, Shakir)
Jesus, Son of
Mary, did not
say to worship
himself or
Mary
And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son
of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship
me and my mother as gods in derogation of
Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never
could I say what I had no right (to say) . Had
I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed
have known it. Thou knowest what is in my
heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For
Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.
(5:116, Yusif Ali)
Allah sent the
Gospel to
Jesus
And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son
of Mary, confirming the Law that had come
before him: We sent him the Gospel : therein
was guidance and light, and confirmation of
the Law that had come before him: a
guidance and an admonition to those who
fear Allah. (5:46, Yusif Ali)
Then, in their wake, We followed them up
with (others of) Our messengers: We sent
after them Jesus the son of Mary, and
bestowed on him the Gospel; and We
ordained in the hearts of those who followed
him Compassion and Mercy. But the
Monasticism which they invented for
themselves, We did not prescribe for them:
(We commanded) only the seeking for the
Good Pleasure of Allah; but that they did not
foster as they should have done. Yet We
bestowed, on those among them who
believed, their (due) reward, but many of
them are rebellious transgressors. (57:27,
Yusif Ali)
You are cursed
if you say
Jesus is God's
son
The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the
Christians call Christ the son of Allah . That
is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they
but imitate what the unbelievers of old used
to say. Allah's curse be on them : how they
are deluded away from the Truth! (9:30,
Yusif Ali)
Jesus spoke as
a child
But she pointed to the babe . They said:
"How can we talk to one who is a child in
the cradle? 30 He said: "I am indeed a
servant of God: He hath given me revelation
and made me a prophet" (19:29-30, Yusif
Ali)
Deny Jesus is
Son of God
Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a
statement of truth, about which they (vainly)
dispute. 35 It is not befitting to (the majesty
of) Allah that He should beget a son . Glory
be to Him! when He determines a matter, He
only says to it, "Be", and it is. (19:34-35,
Yusif Ali)
Jesus is the
Son of Mary
And remember We took from the prophets
their covenant: As (We did) from thee: from
Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus the son
of Mary: We took from them a solemn
covenant: (33:7, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was no
more than a
Servant
When (Jesus) the son of Mary is held up as
an example, behold, thy people raise a
clamour thereat (in ridicule)! 58 And they
say, "Are our gods best, or he?" This they
set forth to thee, only by way of disputation:
yea, they are a contentious people. 59 He
was no more than a servant: We granted Our
favour to him, and We made him an example
to the Children of Israel. (43:57-59, Yusif Ali)
Jesus said to
obey him
When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said :
"Now have I come to you with Wisdom, and
in order to make clear to you some of the
(points) on which ye dispute: therefore fear
Allah and obey me . (43:63, Yusif Ali)

1 2
Isa is the Quranic word for Jesus
Maryam is the Quranic word for Mary
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by asalimpo(m): 9:11am On Oct 01, 2017
@umarshek,
Islamists have tried desperately to discredit Christianity and the Scriptures.
You say God created man in His own image,then contradicts Himself by asking to whom will you liken me?
Are you so dumb that you can't see the context of the question?
God created man in His own image = Man, has a part of him that is similar to God
To whom will you liken me = Who in might and capability (which being has properties and attributes ) that equals or surpasses God?
Do you see the context? Or will you pretend to be blind? In another part, God asks, "Is anything too hard for Me (God ) to do? Is the arm of the Lord shortened?"

Similar questions like these are posed everyday in real life.

Quesions facing all men involving sin, the fallen state of the world and the cure for sin are only best addressed in the bible.
Jesus makes claims , no other being has made- go figure.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by asalimpo(m): 9:16am On Oct 01, 2017
Without degenerating into another religious spiffle.
What does islam say about a) sin, b) the origin of sin c) the cure for sin d) the state of man e) how to approach God f) origin of man.
These are the central issues of all religions. The bible simply answers these.
What does islam say.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by shadeyinka(m): 9:32am On Oct 01, 2017
analice107:

There's something about this lady, i try to push to say certain things to her, but there's this inner restrain.

Jesus will save her from the shackles satan is trying to tie her down with.
Amen!
That's my prayers for her. Her background in the knowledge of Christ is so weak that easily she kaputs under the strain of challenges and of course, there was an influence that convinced her that Jesus is not the way.

I have asked her to answer questions that will compel her to think, for now she is ignoring them. I pray God open her eyes to see before it is too late.

He who puts his hands on the plow and turns back is both worthy of Me says the Lord Jesus. Her major problem is understanding Trinity. She sees Jesus as a creation rather than the creator manifesting Himself in love. He came to His own, but His own rejected Him...
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 9:42am On Oct 01, 2017
Richdotcom:

He is a troll with nothing reasonable to say.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 9:51am On Oct 01, 2017
asalimpo:
@umarshek,
Islamists have tried desperately to discredit Christianity and the Scriptures.
You say God created man in His own image,then contradicts Himself by asking to whom will you liken me?
Are you so dumb that you can't see the context of the question?
God created man in His own image = Man, has a part of him that is similar to God
To whom will you liken me = Who in might and capability (which being has properties and attributes ) that equals or surpasses God?
Do you see the context? Or will you pretend to be blind? In another part, God asks, "Is anything too hard for Me (God ) to do? Is the arm of the Lord shortened?"

Similar questions like these are posed everyday in real life.

Quesions facing all men involving sin, the fallen state of the world and the cure for sin are only best addressed in the bible.
Jesus makes claims , no other being has made- go figure.
You just honoured a fool with a response, he doesn't deserve it.

People like that, just ignore them.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by hopefulLandlord: 9:51am On Oct 01, 2017
Richdotcom:

I can see my message flew over your head

Scenario 1: A Muslim dumps Islam and becomes a Christian

Muslims then say: He's never a Muslim, just a mosque goer

Christians would say: He's seen the light

Scenario 2: A Christian dumps Christianity and becomes a Muslim

Christian then say: he was never a Christian, just a church goer

Muslims would say: he's seen the light

The bullsheet is very obvious to an observer

The no true Scotsman fallacy makes no sense

Mind you, I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with either of them, just that it reeks of insincerity

Go to http://clergyproject.org read the stories of the members then look them straight in the eye and say that they were never a Christian or they were never a Muslim

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 9:52am On Oct 01, 2017
shadeyinka:

Amen!
That's my prayers for her. Her background in the knowledge of Christ is so weak that easily she kaputs under the strain of challenges and of course, there was an influence that convinced her that Jesus is not the way.

I have asked her to answer questions that will compel her to think, for now she is ignoring them. I pray God open her eyes to see before it is too late.

He who puts his hands on the plow and turns back is both worthy of Me says the Lord Jesus. Her major problem is understanding Trinity. She sees Jesus as a creation rather than the creator manifesting Himself in love. He came to His own, but His own rejected Him...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

I Love Her But The Spirit Using Her I Hate! / Taiwo Odukoya Celebrates His 64th Birthday Today / Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.