Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations (21345 Views)

Sanwo-olu Donates 120 Patrol Vehicles, 35 Patrol Motorcycles To Security Forces / Jubilation In DSS Formations Over Sack Of DG Daura / Dissappointing: Gov. Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generators To To Police Formations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by OGsteven(m): 7:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
I hope they don't take it to their various homes
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by jonnytad(m): 7:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
If you like, hang urself.... what have federal government done to improve electricity? The man trying than buhari, agree or hang yourself. Smh........ anti good things.
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Niyeal(m): 7:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
Fashola cannot fix light again
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by NEIGHBOUR(m): 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
Pls let d governor initiate an inspection of the state of these gens in d next six months. He will be shocked .
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by joystickextend1(m): 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
Good one smiley
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by kennypedia(m): 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
If I had money I will buy this same generator at alaba because it's going to return there
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by joinnow: 7:50pm On Sep 25, 2017
Keneking:
Ambode sef grin

- SUMEC Genset 2.5KVA is N68.5K on online malls.
- LASG purchased 120 units * N68.5K = N8.22mil
- Assuming petrol consumption is 15 litres per genset = N2,145 (full tank) * 120 units = N257,400 daily
- Total fuel to be consumed by gensets per annum is 670,000 litres or 21 trailers of PMS
- Monthly is approximately N8mil / Annum is N96mil
- Ikeja Electric monthly bill per station is approximately 400 units per month or N10,800 or N1,296,000 (120 stations)
- Annual payments to Ikeja Electric is N15,552,000

Total energy cost for police stations across the 120 stations is N111,552,000 or average of N9,300,000 per station.

Benefits of energy at the Stations:

- DPO can stay in his office and read confessional statements.
- Inmates can take fresh air
- Collection of weapons at armoury would be visible : bullet counts, testing of rifles and entry in registers.
- Complaints can be taken at any time.
- Bail can be conducted seamlessly.
- Headcounts can be taken at any time.
- Walkie talkie can be charged at any time and used effectively

5kva and not 2.5kva
5kva @jumia is N175,000

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by HarunaWest(m): 7:50pm On Sep 25, 2017
money121:
Eko Oni baje grin grin

"I don't think our amiable Governor is aware of the adverse effects these generating sets have on our Eco system. I would have preferred the installations of solar powered inverters"

scientist please tell us more about the ecosystem other than that bull crap that the Westerners have been using to deceive we.
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by ojibole(m): 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
Fineman87:

Did you say nice one. Gosh. Nigeria is doomed. A governor who should be building power plants to support national capacity is now dashing generators. Is the business of governance to dash generators? Does the police need power more than yourself? Do they need electricity more than SMEs. Gosh, i weep fir our collective stupidity.

We are doomed as a nation, i swear. Both the government and the governed are very useless.

You couldn't have said it better this is indeed a big shame and shouldn't be news.

E clear say we nor go get steady light in the next 20 years. Dead country get out while you can
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
Where is minister of darkness

Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by atiku2019manager: 7:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
a slap on the face of APC. what an embarrassment
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Benekruku(m): 7:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
grin grin grin grin

And Jesus said, It is finished!
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by MTKbudapest(m): 7:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
I'm sorry for nigeria.
See watin inadequate power supply cause.
Naija maka why?
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by sirdjay1: 7:56pm On Sep 25, 2017
So,no hope of fixing the electricity in view ? By d way who will fuel d gens ?
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Nomswag: 7:56pm On Sep 25, 2017
First of all I want to thank the Governor for a job well-done, but in the other hand what I see in the picture is country not doing well when it comes to provision of electricity for the citizens
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Egein(m): 7:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
Quite unfortunate these policemen will sell the generators.
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by omowolewa: 7:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
Then who fuels?
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by walesalak(m): 8:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
See as d police boss dey happy. and e go b like one for ekaete, one for mama bisicat, one for mama risibat, one for mama basirat......... grin grin
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Iamzik: 8:10pm On Sep 25, 2017
money121:
Eko Oni baje grin grin

"I don't think our amiable Governor is aware of the adverse effects these generating sets have on our Eco system. I would have preferred the installations of solar powered inverters"

Don't mind them... And they want private car owners to do emission test in the name of fighting environmental pollution. Mtchewww....

Emission by danfo, keke and millions of generators nko? Those ones do not contribute to pollution at all!

Until power problem is solved in Nigeria, forget about any tangible development.

BTW I won't be surprised if half of the generators gets stolen and converted to personal use.
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by okerekeikpo: 8:11pm On Sep 25, 2017
USELESS government that is supposed to give us light is not giving us generator? I have finally giving up on this country
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by nextstep(m): 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2017
Chai!! Even the governor has lost hope in IPP and power discos. But come oh... how much was the contract worth, and how much did the gens cost? There's probably a few million naira deducted here or there.

But that's not my real concern... where's the budget in the police force for petrol or servicing all these gens? Or is this going to come from victims, er, I mean the public? And when a gen walks home with the DPO or inspector... any repercussions?

So many questions, I know, but this is Naija wink grin
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by promzy555(m): 8:16pm On Sep 25, 2017
Chai, dis country don die finish no hope of steady light. If the govt could purchase generator.hmmm
money121:
Ambode donates 120 5KVA generating sets to power police formations

...We’ll utilise facility to ensure effective law enforcement - CP assures

Lagos State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode on Monday handed over 120 new 5KVA generating sets to the Lagos State Police Command to power all police formations across the State, with a pledge of continuous support to security agencies to ensure optimal performance.

Speaking at Lagos House in Ikeja while handing over the generating sets to the police, the Governor reiterated the commitment of his administration to ensure the enforcement of rule of law and safety of lives and property in the State, just as he said that his vision was for the State to be among the safest places to live and work in Africa.

Governor Ambode, who was represented at the brief handing over ceremony by the Chairman of Lagos State Security Trust Fund (LSSTF), Mr Oye-Hassan Odukale, said the security of residents and investors remain one of the cardinal objectives of his administration, and that government would not relent in coming up with initiatives and programmes to guarantee safety of the people.

He said the generating sets were procured by the Fund to ensure that police formations in the State work optimally in their mandate of safeguarding lives and property.

According to him: “Lagos State is the safest State and we hope to make the State to be among the safest States in Africa which is our objective at the Fund. Anything about security is given high priority by our administration. Lagosians are now feeling safe. The safety that we are experiencing don’t come cheap but I like to assure that at the Fund, we are always willing to move at any time to ensure that we keep Lagos safe,” he said.

The Governor also congratulated the new Commissioner of Police in the State, Mr Imohimi Edgal, and pledged to work with him to ensure the safety of the people.

He said aside the provision of the generating sets, the LSSTF had also been mandated to carry out the installations of the new equipment in all the Divisions and Area Commands in the State.

Besides, Governor Ambode urged police officers to take good care of the generating sets and use them for the purpose meant for the overall benefit and safety of the people.

Earlier, in his welcome address, Executive Secretary of LSSTF, Dr Abdulrazak Balogun said the generating sets would be distributed across the 107 Police Divisions and 13 Area Commands in the State.

He said the procurement of the generating sets was in furtherance of the Light Up Lagos Project of the present administration aimed at ensuring that every nook and cranny of the State are well lit.

He said: “The procurement is also in tandem with Governor Ambode’s vision of a secured and investment-friendly Lagos. Police formations are critical to securing lives and property in the State and it is very important that these stations function optimally. This is why the Lagos State Security Council recommended the provision of power generating sets for these stations and the State Security Trust Fund expeditiously approved the expenditure.”

Responding, the State’s Commissioner of Police (CP), Mr. Imohimi Edgal thanked Governor Ambode for the gesture, saying that the generating sets could not have come at a better time.

While assuring that the generating sets would be put to optimal use, Edgal said that the facility would go a long way to ensuring that the divisional and area commands are well lit up to enable them effectively enforce the laws of the land.

“You can imagine the confidence members of the public will have if divisional headquarters and area commands are lit with the confidence that their matters would be earnestly addressed.
“Power is very essential. Our communication gadgets, especially phones need to be charged. You cannot function anywhere, you can't take complains, you can't give directives to field officers when there is no power. These generating sets are very valuable to us,” the CP said

Sources: http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2017/09/lagos-gov-ambode-donates-120-5kva.html?m=1

lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by samwash(m): 8:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
this shows dat d entity called Nigeria is a joke.
it just tell on us dat its citizens should not expect constant electricity not in d near future.
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by oluxzy: 8:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
Keneking:
Ambode sef grin

- SUMEC Genset 2.5KVA is N68.5K on online malls.
- LASG purchased 120 units * N68.5K = N8.22mil
- Assuming petrol consumption is 15 litres per genset = N2,145 (full tank) * 120 units = N257,400 daily
- Total fuel to be consumed by gensets per annum is 670,000 litres or 21 trailers of PMS
- Monthly is approximately N8mil / Annum is N96mil
- Ikeja Electric monthly bill per station is approximately 400 units per month or N10,800 or N1,296,000 (120 stations)
- Annual payments to Ikeja Electric is N15,552,000

Total energy cost for police stations across the 120 stations is N111,552,000 or average of N9,300,000 per station.

- Collection of weapons at armoury would be visible : bullet counts, testing of rifles and entry in registers.

weh donn sar!
Happy analysis which imates is taking fresh air, inside Lagos cell 4 dat matter.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by erico2k2(m): 8:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
money121:
Eko Oni baje grin grin

and he is busy talking about teh Environmental issues surrounding CO2 emission from cars!
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by ooshinibos: 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
I guess this is a temporal solution because they will still need money to power this generators ..and pollute the environment
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by BumbleDevil: 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
Why is it that you people don't make your findings before passing judgment on a laudable gesture.

In case you don't know, the donation of the gen sets was at the request of the request of the new Commissioner of Police. He explained that he wants to eradicate the situation whereby police stations will be in darkness at night. He wants all police station to have functional floodlight in front of their station and also put an end to the era of police officers telling you to bring money for typing because there is no light in the station. And for the records, they are to serve as an alternative to the ever un-reliable PHCN.

I guess some of you will appreciate the gesture from the governor despite receiving the Police Boss request on short notice.

He also noted that mobile radio communication gadgets are usually off and the police officer makes an excuse of lack of power supply to charge their security communication gadgets.

Let us for once appreciate good development before we start talking about environmental bruhaha.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2017
Keneking:

Noise pollution and air pollution
Solar power is cheaper in the long run
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by maxjax(m): 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2017
N-o I-ndigenous G-overnment E-ver R-ealises I-ts A-mbition
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by BiggyBamBam: 8:43pm On Sep 25, 2017
Instead of Generators, it could have been better if all Police Stations are powered with Solar Energy.
Clean Energy, No need to collect bribe to fuel it.
Whoever advised the LASG did not try at all.

Even some Police Stations in the USA now use Solar Power.
Yes, America that has 100% better Electricity production and distribution than Nigeria is turning to Solar Power! So, what's Nigeria's problem?

Ist Picture: Sonoma Police Department, California, USA
2nd Picture: Breckenridge Police Station, Colorado, USA
3rd Picture: Tuckerton Police Department, New Jersey, USA
4th Picture: Sebastopol Police Station, California, USA

Nigerians should learn the right thing.
With the scorching Sun in Nigeria, can't we gain something from it?
We have good Solar companies in Nigeria or train the Policemen on how to install Solar in their Stations, instead of standing by the road to collect bribe or terrorizing innocent civilians.

Later Ambode will say this is an achievement.

Save the Environment!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: 57 Yoruba Groups Meet In Lagos Over Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi / Soldiers Arrest 3 Political Thugs With Guns In Kogi (Photos) / Oyetola Appoints Prince Oluwole Oyebamiji As SSG, Charles Diji Akinola As COS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.