Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations (21346 Views)

Sanwo-olu Donates 120 Patrol Vehicles, 35 Patrol Motorcycles To Security Forces / Jubilation In DSS Formations Over Sack Of DG Daura / Dissappointing: Gov. Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generators To To Police Formations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 26, 2017
Now lets run some numbers and see how wise the government's decision was:

Full Cost of a 5KW Solar System with 5KVA inverter and 12 batteries = N3.5m ( Life Span is 25 years with battery change every 5 years )

Full cost of Purchase and Powering each unit of same 5KVA Genset.

Gen Cost: 175k
Daily running cost @ 15 Liters per day = 15 x 145 = N2,175
Monthly running cost = N2,175 x 30 = N65,250
Cost of monthly servicing and maintenance @ 15% of running cost = N9,787
Total monthly Gen spend = N75,037
Total Annual Generator expenditure per station: N900,450.

Generator cost (175k) + Total Annual Gen expenditure (900,450) = N1,075,450

ROI of getting solar =N3.5 / 1,075,450 = 3.2 Years

Now be the judge and remake your decision.

Why is our decision making process so flawed in this country?
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by ooshinibos: 8:36am On Sep 26, 2017
Ambode is trying to make a comment , APC and Fashola promised 24 hr electricity in 6 months since 2 years ago , since he has delivered , I guess Ambode had no choice but to find alternatives
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Walexsammy(m): 8:44am On Sep 26, 2017
Now you can see why the government can afford to misbehave and get away with with it. Most Nigerians are just pathetic
Fineman87:

Did you say nice one. Gosh. Nigeria is doomed. A governor who should be building power plants to support national capacity is now dashing generators. Is the business of governance to dash generators? Does the police need power more than yourself? Do they need electricity more than SMEs. Gosh, i weep fir our collective stupidity.

We are doomed as a nation, i swear. Both the government and the governed are very useless.
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 26, 2017
kode12:

I'm sure you feel very brilliant with your comments right? When you call police helplines and they don't respond you complain,now the governor is actually doing something to make the system better you still complain. Do power generation plants become functional overnight?Fashola was there for 8yrs how many did he build? The SMEs your championing for,do you really think they'd work optimally in an unsafe environment? Learn to acknowledge good gestures and maybe suggest areas of improvement not just say anything.

Your reasoning is very shallow. First, do police helplines really need generators to respond. Did the police announce that its ineffective response is the result of lack of electricity. Assuming police need electricity to recharge their phones; is a generator too expensive for a DPO to buy from police allocations. When did the Ambode become the police boss to spend lagos money on police generators. How many police stations in lagos can ambode dash generators to make police helplines 'respond'.

Guy, you need help with your reasoning.
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by planetzoom: 9:51am On Sep 26, 2017
Thank God for ambode,even d phcn depends on generator to run.So y not police

Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by dominique(f): 10:29am On Sep 26, 2017
I read on Pius Adesanmi's post that this action is a clapback at Fashola's 7000MW power generation claim. To be honest, I don't know where all the power is being generated to because power has not been this awful in my area in a while. Even when they were generating 3000-4000MW, we were getting 15-20 hours or power in a day, at times over 24 hours at a stretch. Now with over 7000MW they're claiming, we're lucky to get up to 10 hours combined in a day. Fashola when you're ready to talk true, let us know.
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by def111(m): 10:34am On Sep 26, 2017
This means we still have many years in darkness in this country, no hope for 24 hours power supply...

Ambode this is not the way forward
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Akainzo(m): 7:18pm On Sep 27, 2017
Fineman87:

The question is who needs electricity more than the other. Are the police more important that SMEs and industries. And a governor should not buy generators for the police. The millions spent on this stupidity can serve other pressing needs.

I guess he should buy generators for all the SMEs in Lagos pending when the power plants would become operative. grin grin grin

Ask the SMEs, they'd tel you that without security, power is useless. What's the use of running an SME to make money and some "boys" come to collect it?
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2017
Akainzo:

I guess he should buy generators for all the SMEs in Lagos pending when the power plants would become operative. grin grin grin

Ask the SMEs, they'd tel you that without security, power is useless. What's the use of running an SME to make money and some "boys" come to collect it?

So with the generators, you now have security abi. What is the link between generators and police effectiveness? So dashing generators will stop 'boys' from collecting SME money. See your shallow reasoning. No wonder you blind-followed Tinubu to vote a useless man as president. Go and find your level joor.
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Akainzo(m): 1:58am On Oct 13, 2017
Fineman87:

So with the generators, you now have security abi. What is the link between generators and police effectiveness? So dashing generators will stop 'boys' from collecting SME money. See your shallow reasoning. No wonder you blind-followed Tinubu to vote a useless man as president. Go and find your level joor.

You that followed GEJ, why didn't your hero flood Nigeria with electricity so that Ambode wouldn't need to buy generators for the police stations.

What did he do with the mega revenues we were earning during his tenure?

To help you, by just providing a conducive environment for law enforcement personnel to work, security can be improved across the state. People are known own to work better in cool, well lit environment.
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 13, 2017
Akainzo:

You that followed GEJ, why didn't your hero flood Nigeria with electricity so that Ambode wouldn't need to buy generators for the police stations.

What did he do with the mega revenues we were earning during his tenure?

To help you, by just providing a conducive environment for law enforcement personnel to work, security can be improved across the state. People are known own to work better in cool, well lit environment.

Go away joor. Go and collect one generator from Ambode. What are you waiting for since you can defend the indefensible.

Zombie gov dashing Federal police generators and a sycophant is here arguing shit. Nonsense
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Akainzo(m): 2:48am On Oct 14, 2017
Fineman87:

Go away joor. Go and collect one generator from Ambode. What are you waiting for since you can defend the indefensible.

Zombie gov dashing Federal police generators and a sycophant is here arguing shit. Nonsense

Lol, I don't need a generator, I've fixed myself with renewable energy. The only issue I have is that they aren't using renewable energy sources but petrol.

I see that you'd have preferred that we continue with the clueless one, so that you can say at least Police too no get light. Sorry ehn!
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
Akainzo:

Lol, I don't need a generator, I've fixed myself with renewable energy. The only issue I have is that they aren't using renewable energy sources but petrol.

I see that you'd have preferred that we continue with the clueless one, so that you can say at least Police too no get light. Sorry ehn!

See your life. You defended the purchase of generators and now you say "the issue you have they arent using renewable energy". If you advocate using renewable energy, why support generators. And who is the clueless one? What are you even talking?

Please i engage rational people and not people who Twist issues. I repeat- go and find your level. Bye
Re: Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations by Akainzo(m): 1:30am On Oct 17, 2017
Fineman87:

See your life. You defended the purchase of generators and now you say "the issue you have they arent using renewable energy". If you advocate using renewable energy, why support generators. And who is the clueless one? What are you even talking?

Please i engage rational people and not people who Twist issues. I repeat- go and find your level. Bye

Bros, I marvel at your thought process o!

That I advocate for trains and would prefer fast trains to connect cities does not imply I cannot be happy that roads are being constructed to link cities.

Not to worry, I now know your level of reasoning: one track, motivated by lucre.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldiers Arrest 3 Political Thugs With Guns In Kogi (Photos) / Oyetola Appoints Prince Oluwole Oyebamiji As SSG, Charles Diji Akinola As COS / Three Governors, Ministers In Race For Buhari’s Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.