Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts (30675 Views)

Ruga Settlement Is To Resolve Farmer/Herder Conflicts - Presidency / IGP Kicks Against Military Option In Benue, Says His Men Are On Ground / U.S slams military option in resolving Nigerians conflicts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 29, 2017
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 29, 2017
Rawani:

If you watched the IPOB video it would be clear that the soldiers tried to retreat in their armoured vehicle but were continually attacked by the agitators. If a blaring siren wasn't enough warning then I wonder what would be. Besides you think an approaching angry mob armed with deadly bottles and stones does not qualify as a clear and present danger? Puuhleease.

Take it from me, the hundreds of innocent lives taken in the US already this year involved minimal confrontation (not even physical attack with bottles and stones) from the agitators.

You're sounding really ignorant so I'll recommend that you google #blacklivesmatter for more enlightenment.
You seem the one ignorant my friend. Wondered why the police use tear gas and army dont? Wondered why the police use riot shield and army dont? Its simple, its the police that is built and equipped to quell people who throw stones, bottles and water. The fact that the army is there trying to put an order amongst those who ain't even armed is a shame.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by omenka(m): 9:15am On Sep 29, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Nigeria is a like a worthless slave before US

If US wants to disintegrate Nigeria today, in One week it will be achieved

Remember that the US backed the South Sudan, East Timor , Croatia, Slovenian etc to gain independence

So mind the way you talk before they deal with your ragtag country whose existence is at the mercy of Western nations and Biafrans
I wanted to simply type "k" to what you wrote because of your opening remark, but let me just ask: have you bothered to check why US "supported" those countries you allege they supported?

Nigeria "at the mercy of biafrans"? Where the hell do you people get your funny ideas?
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by cstr1000: 9:15am On Sep 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by yaki84: 9:17am On Sep 29, 2017
Lipscomb:
Who will take oyinbo(white) serious the innocent black Americans that have been killing by America police are they speak against it are they organize a meeting to discuss how this will end?they won't talk about that but the one that not concern them they will carry it on their head One idiot who never step our soil will tell us how to resolve our issues.
ettte, dem no teach una punctuation marks for elementary school?
How person go write all these without even comma.......
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by omenka(m): 9:17am On Sep 29, 2017
cstr1000:

Crirtical partner? Absolute bull-shitt.
Your relevance is tied to oil. The US no longer need your oil. Do anyhow and you will see anyhow.
The US have already set a precedence when dealing with nation-states with zero regard for civilian lives. Your president would do well to be warned.
Ok. Let us ASSUME they no longer need the oil, my question to you is "WHAT DO YOU HAVE THAT THEY NEED"?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Doyin2(m): 9:20am On Sep 29, 2017
US government is different from US institute of peace.

Any body that falls for this stupid advice must be a fool.

It is all about national interest.

They should first advice Trump to embrace dialogue and not to go to war against North Korea ,for wanting to be at par with USA,in terms of nuclear weapons capabilities.

Hypocrisy and fools every where. undecided
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by sunbilor(m): 9:21am On Sep 29, 2017
whitebeard:
OK u are a citizen of which country...??
That one na my own wahala grin
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by OjukwuWarBird: 9:22am On Sep 29, 2017
Rawani:

Simply because you cannot blackmail or arm twist the government to achieve your secessionist goals. The only constitutional channel is through your reps in the NA.

Anything else will definitely end up in blood and tears.

Referendum supersedes your worthless constitution

Self Determination is a right

You must beg the Biafrans to remain as Nigerians or you lose them
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by cstr1000: 9:22am On Sep 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by attackgat: 9:22am On Sep 29, 2017
Rawani:

If you watched the IPOB video it would be clear that the soldiers tried to retreat in their armoured vehicle but were continually attacked by the agitators. If a blaring siren wasn't enough warning then I wonder what would be. Besides you think an approaching angry mob armed with deadly bottles and stones does not qualify as a clear and present danger? Puuhleease.

Take it from me, the hundreds of innocent lives taken in the US already this year involved minimal confrontation (not even physical attack with bottles and stones) from the agitators.

You're sounding really ignorant so I'll recommend that you google #blacklivesmatter for more enlightenment.

The video showed Soldiers firing and retreating. Soldiers should not be shooting over sticks and stones. That is not what the Nigerian government put guns in their hands for. Did you also see the agitator who was shot in the leg?

Clashes between the civil populace and the police/Army happens every day all over the world, it is nothing new.

But when Police/Army decide that sticks and stones is enough reason to shoot into a crowd, then that wrong.

After 2 days, Soldiers in Abia state now regrouped and stormed the place killing several unarmed people. I dont even want to go into the human rights abuses they commited by gunning down people all over Aba and Umuahia and making people lie down in muddy water.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Eastfield1: 9:23am On Sep 29, 2017
omenka:
Ok. Let us ASSUME they no longer need the oil, my question to you is "WHAT DO YOU HAVE THAT THEY NEED"?
Ideology & Value
people with same Ideology & Value.
& not a Terrorist Nation & Terrorist Government
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Rawani: 9:24am On Sep 29, 2017
Shayetet13:

You seem the one ignorant my friend. Wondered why the police use tear gas and army dont? Wondered why the police use riot shield and army dont? Its simple, its the police that is built and equipped to quell people who throw stones, bottles and water. The fact that the army is there trying to put an order amongst those who ain't even armed is a shame.

The Army were already there for a widely publicised military operation and were attacked by an approaching angry mob armed with bottles and stones, you sound as if they were specifically sent there to quell a riot.

attackgat:

The video showed Soldiers firing and retreating. Soldiers should not be shooting over sticks and stones. That is not what the Nigerian government put guns in their hands for. Did you also see the agitator who was shot in the leg?

Clashes between the civil populace and the police/Army happens every day all over the world, it is nothing new.

But when Police/Army decide that sticks and stones is enough reason to shoot into a crowd, then that wrong.

After 2 days, Soldiers in Abia state now regrouped and stormed the place killing several unarmed people. I dont even want to go into the human rights abuses they commited by gunning down people all over Aba and Umuahia and making people lie down in muddy water.

The agitators should have not been so stupid as to try attacking a military procession. The Shiites were not half as lucky as the Aba agitators.

As for the invasion, blame the cowardly chest beating runaway Kanu for threatening national security by instructing his legion of followers to burn down the country to ashes if he was rearrested, and daring the military that it would meet its end if it also tried to do so in Aba.

Read Reuben Abati's letter.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by cstr1000: 9:24am On Sep 29, 2017
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by OjukwuWarBird: 9:28am On Sep 29, 2017
omenka:
I wanted to simply type "k" to what you wrote because of your opening remark, but let me just ask: have you bothered to check why US "supported" those countries you allege they supported?

Nigeria "at the mercy of biafrans"? Where the hell do you people get your funny ideas?

If the US decides to arm the Biafrans to achieve their independence, kiss Nigeria goodbye.

If you doubt me, ask Gaddafi what befell him when the people of Benghazi were armed by the US

A ragtag terrorist country that can't produce common office pin wants to challenge the US.

One aircraft carrier with F-15 jets will make your scrap alpha jets disappear from the sky
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by cstr1000: 9:30am On Sep 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Rawani: 9:31am On Sep 29, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Referendum supersedes your worthless constitutiona

Self Determination is a right

You must beg the Biafrans to remain as Nigerians or you lose them

LMAO.

You already claim to be a warbird so you'd better get ready to dance because the above will never happen.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by OjukwuWarBird: 9:31am On Sep 29, 2017
cstr1000:

The idiot was yapping about sovereignty. The US shits on the sovereignty of far stronger nations than Nigeria.
I am not even going to toe the path of terrirorial integrity ANYMORE, since these savages on nairaland feel Nigeria military is justified in her violent approach to issues.
Well, let them exercise that same approach when yanks come calling. Let the strongest army win grin

Omenka will hide under his mother's skirt once a US Aircraft carrier docks on the gulf of Biafra with F-15 jets to teach Nigerians like him a lesson

Nigerians should start begging the Biafrans not to accept arms from the US to divide Nigeria
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by tyup(m): 9:33am On Sep 29, 2017
Rawani:
Is this an official U.S. Govt position or an idealistic peace advocacy NGO/agency?

I'm asking because the America I know will never tolerate anyone that tries to undermine or attack their military whether with bottles, stones or grenades like IPOB.

Modified:

No wonder, nothing surprising.

Yes fact but you cant see American soilders interfering to civil matters you hardly even see them on the road. but Nigeria is a country who's vigilante works are even done by the millitary so what respect would they get?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by cstr1000: 9:34am On Sep 29, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Omenka will hide under his mother's skirt once a US Aircraft carrier docks on the gulf of Biafra with F-15 jets to teach Nigerians like him a lesson

Nigerians should start begging the Biafrans not to accept arms from the US to divide Nigeria
I don't support any armed conflict o.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Dreadful: 9:36am On Sep 29, 2017
What made my day was when I saw the US recognizing IPOB as a "self-determinist" group and not a terrorist organisation. Shame on Nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by tsdarkside(m): 9:36am On Sep 29, 2017
LaEvilIMiss:

As soon as my money complete.. i dey go do IELTS

bye bye.......

and bloody stay their,dont come back and stop still ranting online from abroad...just concentrate on your western nations and forget us nigerians......mbok....
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Viergeachar: 9:37am On Sep 29, 2017
omenka:
Nigeria is a sovereign nation. If she's going to "restructure" she'd do so on her own terms. Don't be fooled, no one would force us to do anything if we don't want to, not even the US. Go ask Mugabe.

That said, i don't give a damn about "restructuring" (whatever that means. Everyone seem to have it on their lips today and that shît is as vague as it comes) or a complete breakup. What I do as a man is try to make the most of whatever situation I find myself so I wouldn't have to blame anyone for my failures or give anyone credit for my success.

And if anyone is sitting on their oars thinking the country would be "restructured" in the nearest future, that person must be the most naive being on the planet. In addition, anyone who assumes our problems would simply vaporise upon "restructuring", that one is probably a fool.

The fool is the one doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Every right thinking person knows the current system is a failure and must be adjusted to face modern realities.

Zimbabwe is a nonentity country. Why not talk about Sudan, Iraq, Libya, Syria? etc

Nigeria will be restructured sooner than you think. It can happen over your dead body if you wish... angry

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by omenka(m): 9:37am On Sep 29, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Even thought I was talking to intelligent adults.

Bye. Y'all enjoy the rest of the thread.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by tyup(m): 9:40am On Sep 29, 2017
Shayetet13:

umm umm this is sense your saying bro that true
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by DukeDen(m): 9:40am On Sep 29, 2017
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahhaah please don't kill yourself over matter that dont concern you
Praktikals:

I support the declaration of full war against IPOB. Anyone who decides to do 'buy one, get one free' with his life gets no pity from me. What is Kanu s intention for creating the erstwhile Biafra secret service if not to carry out acts of terrorism? The US can shove its advice up its stinky ass.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Abbotp: 9:42am On Sep 29, 2017
Who born them??

Them dey craze?

Who tell them when to use Mother of all bombs (MOAB)

Who invite them for syria, lybia, etc

I no wan provoke o........

Them dey find war make them come form intervention ravage our country....Ndiara....
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Praktikals(m): 9:42am On Sep 29, 2017
Viergeachar:

Come on, the US can break Nigeria like it did Sudan.
Tread softly.
Don't forget this is the giant of Africa we are talking about. Why do u think d us chickened out when Abacha challenged them to a land battle, abi dem never born u that time?
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by PHILipu1(m): 9:47am On Sep 29, 2017
Eastfield1:
abeg where is sarrki when the US,UN & NATO invade now you will start crying ghadaffi upadan
Invade Nigeria because of terrorists organizations like bokoharam and IPOB? Keep dreaming ok.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Rawani: 9:48am On Sep 29, 2017
tyup:

Yes fact but you cant see American soilders interfering to civil matters you hardly even see them on the road. but Nigeria is a country who's vigilante works are even done by the millitary so what respect would they get?

The military were undergoing a well publicised operation when they were confronted, they were not sent there to substitute the police patrol.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by FTreloaded(m): 9:48am On Sep 29, 2017
sarrki didn't see this thread or he was hit by sudden blindness? no more "ipoop terrorists and miscreants" chant?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Viergeachar: 9:53am On Sep 29, 2017
Praktikals:

Don't forget this is the giant of Africa we are talking about. Why do u think d us chickened out when Abacha challenged them to a land battle, abi dem never born u that time?

@bolded
In your dreams right grin
Nigeria that gave up Bakassi without firing a single bullet because of the fear of France - a country that has never won a war - backing Cameroon.
Are you a dullard grin
Land battle kor tree battle ni grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

John Campbell: Why US Can’t Help Nigeria Fight Insecurity / Railway Engineering Scholarships In China Hijacked By Buhari’s Ministers, Others / Biobarakuma Degi Disqualified As Bayelsa APC Deputy Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.