Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,226 members, 7,836,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts (30680 Views)

Ruga Settlement Is To Resolve Farmer/Herder Conflicts - Presidency / IGP Kicks Against Military Option In Benue, Says His Men Are On Ground / U.S slams military option in resolving Nigerians conflicts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Chetimah(m): 10:37am On Sep 29, 2017
Why are they planning to use military forces against North Korea?? USA want to start 3rd world war,why do people take USA as there God,USA said this USA SAID that nonsense...
Eastfield1:
• Urges ‘painstaking dialogue’
• Officials say govt must first resolve root causes of agitations

https://m.guardian.ng/news/u-s-slams-military-option-in-resolving-nigerias-conflicts/
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by okerekeikpo: 10:40am On Sep 29, 2017
Benekruku:

Usual online chest-beating!

3,000,000 souls and we paid few pennies! Even we were to decimate more than 20million which is about the total population, The few surviving ones cant receive more than 5000Niara each.
2017 is not 1967

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Benekruku(m): 10:41am On Sep 29, 2017
pellummy:

Gentle guy, this incident happen in Nigeria , not another top world country, Nigeria police are nor equipped to stop Biafra army, it another state army, state I mean the one KANU created , it army to army don't be patethic guy, it army to army not innocent citizen ....it is called biafrans army, assuming they killed alot of Nigeria army radio Biafra will have declared them self conqueror... To all agitator, syopp been crying baby, your baby army lose a war.

You would have compose your write-up with Igbo.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 29, 2017
Rawani:

I initially thought it was the US government position which would have been surprising, but it's now clearer that it's an appeal from an ordinary peace advocacy group.
so USA department of state is NGO ? zombies no go kill person.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 29, 2017
Rawani:
Is this an official U.S. Govt position or an idealistic peace advocacy NGO/agency?

I'm asking because the America I know will never tolerate anyone that tries to undermine or attack their military whether with bottles, stones or grenades like IPOB.

Modified:

No wonder, nothing surprising.

Thomas Hushek, Acting Assistant Secretary,
Bureau of Conflict and Stabilisation Operations,
U.S. Department of State,

zombie read and comprehend.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Rawani: 10:51am On Sep 29, 2017
beamtopola:

so USA department of state is NGO ? zombies no go kill person.

Institute of Peace, an ordinary advocacy group made up of government officials, diplomats, and even Nigerian officials...released that statement.

The undersigned official is just a member of the group who works with the DoS.

Don't get it twisted.

"The appeal was made under the auspices of the United States Institute of Peace in Washington DC when the agency convened a gathering of U.S. officials, diplomats and Nigerian leaders."
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by peripepe(m): 10:53am On Sep 29, 2017
grin
DrObum:
Bubu Oya organise Operation Python Twerk for US.
or better still operation giraffe Dab grin
DrObum:
Bubu Oya organise Operation Python Twerk for US.
or better still operation giraffe Dab

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by chineduemmao: 10:54am On Sep 29, 2017
oladeebo:

What ojukwu produced when headed igbo for 3 years as a country beside war that engulfed 3 million igbo lives?
hmmm! this is serious... observing
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Originalsly: 11:00am On Sep 29, 2017
LaEvilIMiss:
As always.. (BLACK) African governments know only brutality and violence to bring about peace.. some of the worlds horror stories of internal conflict of ethnic and religious causes happen in BLACK Africa because as soon as the dotards in government realize that they are not equipped intellectually and politically to deal with civil issues, they bring in the equally retarded military.. several years later, they are reeling from the bouts with the monster they created and start calling other countries for help.. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Name one African country that created internal conflict and is now calling for help. US has created internal conflicts in Egypt, Syria, Yemen, Egypt, now trying with Venezuela, ...did the same in Afghanistan and still here 16 years after....created monster and calling on others ...the International coalition for help. Didn't you know this before writing this your comment? The agency should be advising the US president...he really needs it.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 29, 2017
Rawani:

Institute of Peace, an ordinary advocacy group.
Don't get it twisted.
I believed you didn't read this part.
Thomas Hushek, Acting Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Conflict and Stabilisation Operations, U.S. Department of State,

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by KingSango(m): 11:05am On Sep 29, 2017
GenBuhari:
Thank you.
Title is misleading: Instead of saying US group , they made it seem as if US govt said it.

Goes to show that the guardian news agency, like majority of Nigerian news agencies, is a support of IPOD and other terrorists groups. This because our news media is corrupt and controlled by white devils.

US Peace institute should first preach to the US govt about peace.by

The US that is involved or behind so many armed conflicts in the world.

A Nigerean appearing news agency by using closet homosexuals Nigerians who are members of an invisible college cult controlled by Western Freemasony.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by pellummy(m): 11:17am On Sep 29, 2017
Benekruku:

You would have compose your write-up with Igbo.
Help me interprets them , sense should fall on Nigeria politics
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by backtosender: 11:23am On Sep 29, 2017
UN declared Nigeria military a terrorist organization

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Rawani: 11:42am On Sep 29, 2017
beamtopola:

I believed you didn't read this part.

Thomas Hushek, Acting Assistant Secretary,
Bureau of Conflict and Stabilisation Operations,
U.S. Department of State,[/Bushel

[quote author=Rawani post=60938421]
The undersigned official, Thomas Hushek, is just a member of the group who works with the DoS.

Don't get it twisted.

"The appeal was made under the auspices of the United States Institute of Peace in Washington DC when the agency convened a gathering of U.S. officials, diplomats and Nigerian leaders."
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 29, 2017
[quote author=Rawani post=60940058][/quote]
you said, he works with department of justice. I think you are contradicting ya sef
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Unitedsurgicals: 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
Right thing to do
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Viergeachar: 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
BALLOSKI:
you guys watch too many American films. The same US and French army that couldn't touch down in Liberia until we touched down there, weakened rebel groups before they could come is the same US and France you're talking about. We've gone on more peace keeping mission than the US did. We have our own place.

We just have to align with China , russia , india , Iran , to stand America. Why dem no finish Cuba , Vietnam? They lost in Afghanistan and Iraq and also lost in Syria.

hahahahahahaha

Are you so deluded?

Why did we not defend Bakassi even with at least one bullet? It's not as if France even threatened us o. Yet we surrendered like cowards.

It's only peace-keeping we know. We can't hold our own territory.

Stop blabbing jor. Peace keeping is reserved for sub-powerful armies.

mtcheeew

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2017
pellummy:

Gentle guy, this incident happen in Nigeria , not another top world country, Nigeria police are nor equipped to stop Biafra army, it another state army, state I mean the one KANU created , it army to army don't be patethic guy, it army to army not innocent citizen ....it is called biafrans army, assuming they killed alot of Nigeria army radio Biafra will have declared them self conqueror... To all agitator, syopp been crying baby, your baby army lose a war.

Army to army? You should be ashamed my friend. That's not even close to the confraternities in the tertiary schools. At least we know those cult groups carry locally made guns. Your army fighting a gathering not as sophisticated as a university cult group and you are proud. Its a shame really. Its a shame my friend!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by airminem(f): 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
We'll stay never divided, always to protect our own. We'll stay never divided, through the thick and the f*cking thin clamoring.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2017
Originalsly:
Name one African country that created internal conflict and is now calling for help. US has created internal conflicts in Egypt, Syria, Yemen, Egypt, now trying with Venezuela, ...did the same in Afghanistan and still here 16 years after....created monster and calling on others ...the International coalition for help. Didn't you know this before writing this your comment? The agency should be advising the US president...he really needs it.

True... but is it not also true that we fueled these conflicts by simply doing exactly what we are doing now in Nigeria.. ethnic bigotry, hate and corruption
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2017
tsdarkside:

bye bye.......

and bloody stay their,dont come back and stop still ranting online from abroad...just concentrate on your western nations and forget us nigerians......mbok....

etteh kamba.. mbog! i no fit shout.. economically, Happiness-index wise and industrially.. you cannot compare developed nations with nigeria.. even
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by tsdarkside(m): 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2017
LaEvilIMiss:

etteh kamba.. mbog! i no fit shout.. economically, Happiness-index wise and industrially.. you cannot compare developed nations with nigeria.. even

blablabla...just go and never come back....
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by swiperthefox: 2:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
Rawani:

I initially thought it was the US government position which would have been surprising, but it's now clearer that it's an appeal from an ordinary peace advocacy group.
Sir USIP is an agency of US government. It is not an ordinary peace advocacy group like you posited. USA is a big brother in the world, so have every right to give Nigeria and the rest of the world direction.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by NickD(m): 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
Rawani:
Is this an official U.S. Govt position or an idealistic peace advocacy NGO/agency?

I'm asking because the America I know will never tolerate anyone that tries to undermine or attack their military whether with bottles, stones or grenades like IPOB.

Modified:

No wonder, nothing surprising.
The America u know do u see military tanks and armoured personnel carriers on the road or streets? Stop being lopsided in ur analysis.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by bibe(m): 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2017
omenka:
I've come to realize one thing about some group of people in this country; they are hardwired to respond to everything emotionally than applying tact, wisdom and acknowledging facts.

When it comes to "state terror", Nigeria is nowhere close to US. State agents in the US kill more citizens in a year than Nigeria's would in five. They hide under the cloak of "National Security" to perpetrate these acts.

Wasn't Trump the one who says he'd respond with "fire and fury unlike the world has ever seen against NK" just the other day? Hasn't everyone been telling them to tow the path of dialogue?

If the chips are down, these guys have no idea, the US will NOT even come close to lending a hand beyond the supply of relief materials to refugees.

What they should ask themselves is "what exactly can we give US in return for a military assistance if peradventure we go to war with the Nigerian state?" The US acknowledges Nigeria as a critical strategic partner in the region and would commit themselves to maintaining that friendship.

Do you know how many times the USA have tried to dialogue with North Korea?
Do you know how many times they've reached an agreement and USA goes on to establish programs and yet North Korea will renege at the end of the day?
As far as dialogue is concerned regarding North Korea, the USA has exhausted that option countless times.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by patval(f): 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
The handwriting of the West's is clear on the wall but the virus that took over dullard buhari has blinded him.
I watched today on Aljazeera where U.S representative @ U.N announced sanctions to Myanmar which includes embargo on arm sales and travel ban on some top military chief.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by pellummy(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
Shayetet13:

Army to army? You should be ashamed my friend. That's not even close to the confraternities in the tertiary schools. At least we know those cult groups carry locally made guns. Your army fighting a gathering not as sophisticated as a university cult group and you are proud. Its a shame really. Its a shame my friend!
I now understand now, literacy is your problem, carrying gun do not make you army bro, an d you said cult, not well pronounced army of biafra.,locally recognise by it own people ...mumu people without a country pronounced the secret service and national army under a difrent a different govt ...bro they are terrorist, though they have diffrent intentions from bokoharam, truth must be told
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by pellummy(m): 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2017
Shayetet13:

I now understand you literacy is your problem, carrying gun do not make you army bro, and you said cult, not well pronounced army of biafra.,locally recognise by it own people ...mumu people without a country pronounced the secret service and national army under a difrent a different govt ...bro they are terrorist, though they have diffrent intentions from bokoharam, truth must be told
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by bibe(m): 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
Rawani:

The military were undergoing a well publicised operation when they were confronted, they were not sent there to substitute the police patrol.

Are you aware that the said "procession" predated the actual date of the slated exercise?
Their conduct had nothing to do with operation python dance as the slated date for the exercise was days after the incidence.
For crying out loud they rolled out tanks onto the streets and state road of umuahia.
The operation python dance of 2016 was carried out on federal highways and the moniker was taken from the way long trail of cars meandered the checkpoint moving in a snake motion.
What happened in umuahia and afara ukwu community by the Nigerian army is nothing short of "terrorism" in the real sense of the word.
#mytake.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by bibe(m): 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2017
pellummy:

I now understand now, literacy is your problem, carrying gun do not make you army bro, an d you said cult, not well pronounced army of biafra.,locally recognise by it own people ...mumu people without a country pronounced the secret service and national army under a difrent a different govt ...bro they are terrorist, though they have diffrent intentions from bokoharam, truth must be told

To be classified as an army, you must be seen to be bearing arms. That's how the word army came to be. Call them guards, security service whatever but not army.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Loses In All 14 Lgas Where Adamawa Supplementary Poll Held / Philip Shaibu Takes Over Political Leadership Of Edo North From Adams Oshiomhole / Nigerians In Diaspora Return To Vote Atiku (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.