Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,387 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:08 AM

Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? (2534 Views)

It's Not Appropriate For Ladies To Bend Down In Public (pics) / Is It Appropriate To Ask My Cousin To Be My Valentine? / Its Impossible For A Guy To Have Beards And Still Remain Ugly ( See Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 29, 2017
Is it appropriate for a guy to be 100% honest when cultivating a new friendship with a lady he hopes to build a relationship with?

Lately i hear people say, ladies ask what are your goals? What are your financial prospects? How much do you earn?

Is it right for a guy to answer genuinely these questions with 100% honesty?

I'm old school, and was instituted to believe as trust is built, more of these can be revealed, am i wrong? What are the basics and limits a guy can reveal to a lady he wants to ask out on a relationship?

Help a brother... Guys, what do you suggest?

Sisters help a brother out
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Maxi112: 9:59pm On Sep 29, 2017
yeah, to an extent!

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
Maxi112:
yeah, to an extent!

Really?

If as a guy i do like three businesses for example, can't a guy just tell the lady just one ? Should the guy have to tell her all? and his goals 100% ?
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
Don't open up immediately. Trust in relationships are built over time so it's best you let her in fully on the long run.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by IAMSASHY(f): 10:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
It depends on d type of lady u ar wt, if she is d type dat dnt care abt future rather, she is only interested in taking care of her appearance, expensive life styles and unnecessary spending, dnt eva open up 2 her, bt if she cares so much abt d future, open up 2her,she wl assist u build it. Even it takes u 2years to study her, do so, b4 u decide weda 2 open up or nt. A woman will either destroy or help u build ur future

4 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
kimbraa:
Don't open up immediately. Trust in relationships are built over time so it's best you let her in fully on the long run.

Okay. But, doesn't it imply mistrust if it later becomes revealed?

Won't you ladies see it as being inconsistent and unreliable ?

I know a lady that earns big figures personally ( She earns more than 800k per month ), and i'm trying to draw up conclusions on what to do, she has never been able to keep a relationship beyond a few days, once guys find out her financial worth, or guess, she becomes unsettled assuming they are after her for her money, also some feel insecure.. I am confused...

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Maxi112: 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Really?

If as a guy i do like three businesses for example, can't a guy just tell the lady just one ? Should the guy have to tell her all? and his goals 100% ?
that's I said "yes, to and extend".

you're not obligated to tell her everything she wants to know, but you must tell her something and be honest with that.
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
Maxi112:
that's I said "yes, to and extend".

you're not obligated to tell her everything she wants to know, but you must tell her something and be honest with that.

hmm...just wondering how this love thing works... Na wa...
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Okay. But, doesn't it imply mistrust if it later becomes revealed?

Won't you ladies see it as being inconsistent and unreliable ?
Instinctively, even as a lady I don't let people/guys into my life on our first meetings. I do that when I think I could trust you and perhaps build a relationship with you. Why should a guy just let someone into his whole life immediately?. Get some reservations and know when to let people in fully. In my opinion it has nothing to do with inconsistency 'cause if you're demanding to be told all at once means you're asking for too much.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
kimbraa:
Instinctively, even as a lady I don't let people/guys into my life on our first meetings. I do that when I think I could trust you and perhaps build a relationship with you. Why should a guy just let someone into his whole life immediately?. Get some reservations and know when to let people in fully. In my opinion it has nothing to do with inconsistency 'cause if you're demanding to be told all at once means you're asking for too much.

I wish i could depict the actual experience....I think relationships is easy but i've made it difficult... lipsrsealed

The complications that build around relationships just weak me. You date a poor chic baggage, you ask a chic with dough out, feels like its her pay or something else...God help humanity... grin ( Not my personal experience o )... grin
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by tosyne2much(m): 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2017
I think it depends
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Divay22(f): 10:25pm On Sep 29, 2017
I think you should know when to stop and just take it bit by bit...
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by biacan(f): 10:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
yes
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

I wish i could depict the actual experience....I think relationships is easy but i've made it difficult... lipsrsealed

The complications that build around relationships just weak me. You date a poor chic baggage, you ask a chic with dough out, feels like its her pay or something else...God help humanity... grin ( Not my personal experience o )... grin
Lol, relationships are lovely when you understand who you're dealing with. I think it's most difficult at the time you're still getting to know each other. Same with guys too; when you date a rich or comfortable one, he thinks you're there for his money while his heart is messed up not to identify a lady with genuine feelings in his life. While if you're dating the broke one; he thinks you'll some day dump him for one with money. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 29, 2017
I am.
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 29, 2017
kimbraa:
Lol, relationships are lovely when you understand who you're dealing with. I think it's most difficult at the time you're still getting to know each other. Same with guys too; when you date a rich or comfortable one, he thinks you're there for his money while his heart is messed up not to identify a lady with genuine feelings in his life. While if you're dating the broke one; he thinks you'll some day dump him for one with money. grin
for a broke dude to thing that is only because he has no future plans or any means of making ends meet.
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 29, 2017
A real man will never be 100% honest with a woman. Women are weaker vessels, they can't handle all a man can, infact they are naturally confused, but never hurt them.......only hurt Dem in bed cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 29, 2017
IamRaizo:
for a broke dude to thing that is only because he has no future plans or any means of making ends meet.
Nope, he's just insecure. Being in a relationship raised his fears, and it's normal. grin
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Apina(m): 10:36pm On Sep 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:
Is it appropriate for a guy to be 100% honest when cultivating a new friendship with a lady he hopes to build a relationship with?

Lately i hear people say, ladies ask what are your goals? What are your financial prospects? How much do you earn?

I'm old school, and was instituted to believe as trust is built, more of these can be revealed, am i wrong? What are the basics and limits a guy can reveal to a lady he wants to ask out on a relationship?

Trust is essential in sustaining any relationship. There's no wisdom in claiming to be what u are not, whoever is genuinely interested in u would stay and build with u. There's no shame in acknowledging who u are, it keeps ur pride intact but if u lie and eventually get found out, u will surely lose face.

Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Skinni(m): 10:37pm On Sep 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

It is your turn today grin
Lemme compose a text book for you as an advice just like most of you did on my thread grin grin
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2017
Compare and contrast, did it.

Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2017
Skinni:

It is your turn today grin
Lemme compose a text book for you as an advice just like most of you did on my thread grin grin

Lolz...it is indeed my turn bro... grin
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2017
kimbraa:
Nope, he's just insecure. Being in a relationship raised his fears, and it's normal. grin
lol...you mean you can handle such situation?

I wouldn't advice that.
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 29, 2017
kimbraa:

Infact, i tried dating broke people so they won't say i needed anything material, mehn, i still experienced drama.... cheesy grin wink
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2017
Compare and contrast, my hand work.

Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2017
kimbraa:

Well, i don't interact with people much, male and female, people don't come near my work space. I can count the number of people that have access into my life in a year, you're right, i really need to purge myself of my dross so i can be the best I can be...
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 29, 2017
IamRaizo:
lol...you mean you can handle such situation?

I wouldn't advice that.
Being broke is temporal when you know the kind of dude you're dealing with. Is he goal oriented/career driven?. All they need is support and assurance. So, I could handle such situations.
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Well, i don't interact with people much, male and female, people don't come near my work space. I can count the number of people that have access into my life in a year, you're right, i really need to purge myself of my dross so i can be the best I can be...
That's because you're an introvert. There's room for improvement but you can't change who you're.
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 29, 2017
kimbraa:
Being broke is temporal when you know the kind of dude you're dealing with. Is he goal oriented/career driven?. All they need is support and assurance. So, I could handle such situations.
I see...

You must be really understanding and fun person, that's a good side of you I'd advice you keep alive if I'm correct....

You'll make a good mother too
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2017
kimbraa:
That's because you're an introvert. There's room for improvement but you can't change who you're.

Well i'm introverted and extroverted the same time... I do lots of external interactions, but Nigerians and their unstable ways made me decide to cut people off both rich and poor and maintain my lane...

I just wish i had tips to be the best person i can be in a relationship withut appearing unstable... Hey, mehn, fela song in the background..brb... Jo ro jaa jo.... grin
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Skinni(m): 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Lolz...it is indeed my turn bro... grin
cheesy cheesy
To your topic,
I think you shouldn't tell a 'stranger' much about you. In as much as I will advise you not to lie (lies destroy relationship) it is advisable to change some conversation when you think you are given out more than you should at that particular level.

You must be comfortable whenever you are saying the truth or else don't say it.
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Guy To Be 100% Honest With A Lady? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
IamRaizo:
I see...

You must be really understanding and fun person, that's a good side of you I'd advice you keep alive if I'm correct....

You'll make a good mother too
Been there before, done it, and for a fact, I know it pays even when your feelings was taken for granted, 'cause humans have sober moments they reflect on their good/bad deeds. I've also dated the comfortable one that sees every lady as a leech in his life 'cause girls have dealt with him. grin Not his fault sha but he was open completely at some point. I guess when there was trust.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pretty Lady Foresees Her Death In Dream, Posts It Online, And Dies Days Later / South Africa Minister Bans Doggy Style During Sex / Girl Showing Her Nude On Webcam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.