Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses (20548 Views)

TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid / Darkness pervades the country as national grid collapses again / 9 Hours Of Darkness As National Grid Collapses For The 10th Time In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 01, 2017
Omeokachie:
Just under 2yrs of the Buhari administration...

Economy = collapsed

National grid = collapsed

Military professionalism = collapsed

National unity = collapsed

Justice, equity & fairness = collapsed

MAthematician

1 Like

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by Abbeybailey(m): 9:02am On Oct 01, 2017
You are going all through that and you are obsessed over America and the worthless tramp. Face reality and fix your home front first. Charity begins at home.
SalamRushdie:
There is still no electricity in my home now for four days

1 Like

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by KingsleyCEO: 9:02am On Oct 01, 2017
SalamRushdie:
There is still no electricity in my home now for four days

There are places with power for the past 5 months in Abuja.
Nigeria has totally collapse.

1 Like

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 01, 2017
DutchBruh:

They Discos where all sold to corrupt politicians by Goodluck Jonathan who know nothing about power generation. Experts have been telling the cluesless an incompetent APC to reverse the sale and give it to competent power generator companies like General Electric but they refused.

You made me laugh...

And GE is a power generating firm right?

My brother you know nothing about the power sector.
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by ajepako(f): 9:05am On Oct 01, 2017
That would be achievement number what?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

But to be fair, there is light in my hood..
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 01, 2017
I nor kukuma dey pay light bill or buy card

illegal till country better

bye pass is the way
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by Abudu2000(m): 9:06am On Oct 01, 2017
Over 5days now total Blackout in my area.just imagine even today Nigeria birthday we can't even watch the president speech. walahi this country is a joke and apc is the worse presidency and I not just regret not voting apc but I regret not coming out to support pdp at all.

1 Like

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by SofiaAmrozia(f): 9:07am On Oct 01, 2017
Where is the light that they want to increase tariff? No light for almost a week here, they shouldn't try rubbish.

In fact let me go and look for my voter's card sef

2 Likes

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by Abagworo(m): 9:15am On Oct 01, 2017
We've had unshaken power up till now so I guess it was either temporary or not really nationwide.
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by donbrowser(m): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2017
gists:

I completely agree with you about occupy Disco.
But for the meters, to the dismay of anti-Buhari band wagon, I have to give this administration a standing ovasion. Why? you may ask?
I was on crazy estimated bills for months and when I could bear it anymore, I decided to pay for the prepaid meter. To my surprise, in Nigeria, when I went to find the details of paying for the prepaid meter, the PHED official told me that they can't give me (i.e the amount and bank details to pay to) because they have been given instruction to refund those that have already paid before. The reason is because according to the ministry of Power/works/housing............

METERS SHOULD BE FREE

I was just dumb founded with mixed feelings. There I was, vexing to pay and get the meter and I am being prevented even though that is how it should be. For the first time in Nigeria, NEPA/PHCN is not asking a customer to go and get a meter - As if it is not illegal to get it from somewhere else. To make matter interesting, for the first time in Nigeria, I hear from a Nepa staff that meters are free.

Even though we managed to get the meter from unapproved source because of the frustration of crazy bills, behold, two weeks ago, there have been a massive installation of prepaid meters for ALL in Port Harcourt.

I bought N2k credit (about 90 units) in late August and I still have about 30 units left even with much improved supply. There is no day in the past two months or more that we don't have light for at least 12-15 hours.

I can only urge you to exercise a bit more patience and also visit the disco in your area again.
You can praise Buhari because you got your meter for free but can criticise Jonathan for privatising the company that gave you free meter. Continue.

2 Likes

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by donbrowser(m): 9:20am On Oct 01, 2017
suaveabbey:

You made me laugh...
And GE is a power generating firm right?
My brother you know nothing about the power sector.
Are you minding them, they will just come here and be disgracing themselves.
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by Juban(m): 9:22am On Oct 01, 2017
Bari22:
but we are still getting light more than during jona
Bros, I hope you are not on induced terminal hallucination.
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by onatisi(m): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2017
“Steady power supply is possible. It is not rocket science. Nobody should deceive you; it can be done,” he said.

fashola nov 27 2104

http://thenationonlineng.net/fashola-steady-power-supply-possible/

God will punish this government and all those that deceived nigerians into voting the demonic party into power

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by amadgreat: 9:30am On Oct 01, 2017
We're is fashola?he should hide his Face in shame .i could remember him saying that he will get PHCN FIXED in 8months he is 2years now in office we lost everything.

2 Likes

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by DoubleDee4U(m): 9:38am On Oct 01, 2017
fallout87:
APC has been the biggest mistake of Nigerians in recent memory.

It is a wonder they voted to bring this plague upon themselves.

The main problem of Nigeria is the poor /politicized mentality of youths especially.
Can't you discuss real issues without mentioning APC / PDP ?
When you get employed in an oil company, and they ask your report about their challenge (s), you would say it was caused by APC / PDP people? That's why they say Nigerian youths/graduates are UNEMPLOYABLE.
Very low mental reasoning!
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by NickD(m): 9:39am On Oct 01, 2017
Bari22:
but we are still getting light more than during jona
Aren't u tired of comparing? Please grow up. GEJ is no longer in power yet u folks are still comparing. The hardship in the country is worse off now than before please blame that on GEJ too.

1 Like

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by kitaatita: 9:41am On Oct 01, 2017
It is sheer sabotage. I don't know how far they will cut their nose to spite their face. Intelligence practitioners should have expected it.
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by WrathOfHadez(m): 9:41am On Oct 01, 2017
Nemesis1:
Let's forget our brains in the toilet and blame Buhari, blaming Buhari is not blame game at all, it's patriotism especially since it's Buhari that sold NEPA to family and friends in the last minute

. We argued privatizing NEPA was fraud and the objective was bailout funds, this stupid Buhari administration has provided bailout twice to PHCN let's not forget PHCN has its allocation and they never stopped bold, audacious and wicked senseless billings they make money from

Yes again let's blame Buhari

Why didn't the Daura skeleton reverse the sale or withdraw the licence?
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by Jethrolite(m): 9:45am On Oct 01, 2017
DutchBruh:

They Discos where all sold to corrupt politicians by Goodluck Jonathan who know nothing about power generation. Experts have been telling the cluesless an incompetent APC to reverse the sale and give it to competent power generator companies like General Electric but they refused.
What of the liabilities the sale reversal will bring, will you pay the trillions for the FG?
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by smithval(m): 10:00am On Oct 01, 2017
There has been no power in my area in nnewi for about 3 weeks now.
How am I to know if there was power collapse ko shutdown ni.. The funny thing is they will still bill you for the month. sad sad

1 Like

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by thirdi(m): 10:06am On Oct 01, 2017
I have been paying PHCN every month for using my generator in Lagos.
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by Nbote(m): 10:10am On Oct 01, 2017
And our lying govt included improved power supply in its list of achievements lol

1 Like

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by IgedeBushBoy(m): 10:15am On Oct 01, 2017
All these jargons without telling us when the system is expected to be up and running abi, continuuu angry
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by 12345baba(m): 10:26am On Oct 01, 2017
Tcn mgt nkita racha una anya bunye kwa unu rabies.

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by toloskhati(m): 10:35am On Oct 01, 2017
The above LOVE LETTER is simply summarized to mean: "give us more money or we shot you out of the national grid".
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by erico2k2(m): 10:36am On Oct 01, 2017
DutchBruh:

How does the ownership of DISCOS affect delivery rather than a strong governance from the FG of the day.ALl the FG have to implement is a NO LIGHT NO BILL POLICY and it will take shape, selling that part of our power generation was teh best thing to ever happen to Nigeria, the only people who complain are those with Automated Billing, PAY customers are not being cheated as such cos no light means no bill for them!
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by vioment: 10:37am On Oct 01, 2017
This one na new news.
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by erico2k2(m): 10:38am On Oct 01, 2017
DoubleDee4U:

The main problem of Nigeria is the poor /politicized mentality of youths especially.
Can't you discuss real issues without mentioning APC / PDP ?
When you get employed in an oil company, and they ask your report about their challenge (s), you would say it was caused by APC / PDP people? That's why they say Nigerian youths/graduates are UNEMPLOYABLE.
Very low mental reasoning!
But in my view the problem of electricity is POLITICAL.
WHY? cos the FG is refusing to create a clear mandate for these DISCOS to work and this has been our greatest challenge.

1 Like

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 01, 2017
Omeokachie:
Just under 2yrs of the Buhari administration...

Economy = collapsed

National grid = collapsed

Military professionalism = collapsed

National unity = collapsed

Justice, equity & fairness = collapsed

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by bedspread: 10:44am On Oct 01, 2017
ITS A PITY..
SORRY NIGERIANS

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE
THE FREEDOM OF OUR NATION IS ABOUT TO BE....
GOD WILL GIVE THE WICKED PEOPLE AND LEADERS WHO HAVE TURNED A COUNTRY BLESSED BY GOD INTO A MESS, THICK DARKNESS.
HE WILL MAKE THEIR DARKNESS DARK
WILL MAKE SATAN STAND AT THEIR RIGHT HAND.....

FREEDOM IS NEAR NIGERIANS
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by rafindo(m): 10:59am On Oct 01, 2017
Your bigotry is alarming was phcn sold during buharis regime

Nemesis1:
Let's forget our brains in the toilet and blame Buhari, blaming Buhari is not blame game at all, it's patriotism especially since it's Buhari that sold NEPA to family and friends in the last minute

. We argued privatizing NEPA was fraud and the objective was bailout funds, this stupid Buhari administration has provided bailout twice to PHCN let's not forget PHCN has its allocation and they never stopped bold, audacious and wicked senseless billings they make money from

Yes again let's blame Buhari
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by dingbang(m): 11:10am On Oct 01, 2017
Was there light before?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Garba Shehu On Magu Probe: Nigerians Should Prepare For Shocking Revelations / 2023: Sanwo-olu’s Deputy, Hamzat May Run For Senate / Senator Ifeanyi Ubah Dumps YPP, Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.