Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,485 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses (20551 Views)

TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid / Darkness pervades the country as national grid collapses again / 9 Hours Of Darkness As National Grid Collapses For The 10th Time In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by positivetaught: 11:12am On Oct 01, 2017
Immediately I read of increase tariff, I knew that was the real koko of the matter,abi is it rocket sciences?.
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by Venymen(m): 11:43am On Oct 01, 2017
Bari22:
but we are still getting light more than during jona
lies no dey Eva finish for buhari supporters mouth,dats y d president is older than d country

1 Like

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by amerlino(m): 11:44am On Oct 01, 2017
Nemesis1:
Let's forget our brains in the toilet and blame Buhari, blaming Buhari is not blame game at all, it's patriotism especially since it's Buhari that sold NEPA to family and friends in the last minute

. We argued privatizing NEPA was fraud and the objective was bailout funds, this stupid Buhari administration has provided bailout twice to PHCN let's not forget PHCN has its allocation and they never stopped bold, audacious and wicked senseless billings they make money from

Yes again let's blame Buhari
reading dis ur post makes me wonder whether u have anything upstairs but there is hope for u since 2day is sunday pray dat brain fall on u
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by Venymen(m): 11:46am On Oct 01, 2017
Venymen:
lies no dey Eva finish for buhari supporters mouth,dats y d president is older than d country
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by amerlino(m): 11:47am On Oct 01, 2017
Nemesis1:
Let's forget our brains in the toilet and blame Buhari, blaming Buhari is not blame game at all, it's patriotism especially since it's Buhari that sold NEPA to family and friends in the last minute

. We argued privatizing NEPA was fraud and the objective was bailout funds, this stupid Buhari administration has provided bailout twice to PHCN let's not forget PHCN has its allocation and they never stopped bold, audacious and wicked senseless billings they make money from

Yes again let's blame Buhari
mehnnn its like u really forgot ur brain in a PIT toilet better come up wit some ideas to fetch it back
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by Lacomb(m): 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2017

It said TCN had filed an application to the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) for an extraordinary tariff review to avert further occurrence of such incident.

It said the proposal for a tariff review would ensure that Generation Companies (GENCOS) were given the necessary incentives to provide sufficient spinning reserves and other ancillary services critical for managing the national grid.

This just a plan by the TCN and GENCOS to increase tariffs and nothing more.
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by akigbemaru: 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2017
Omeokachie:
Just under 2yrs of the Buhari administration...

Economy = collapsed

National grid = collapsed

Military professionalism = collapsed

National unity = collapsed

Justice, equity & fairness = collapsed

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by akigbemaru: 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
ivandragon:
this 'regime' & its misguided supporters continue to confuse themselves all in a bid to 'out lie' themselves.

the privatization of some parts of the power sector might have been flawed in some ways, but it was the best thing to do.

what this blame hungry regime needs to do is;

1. ensure uninterrupted gas supply to the gas plants so that they can function effective;

2. strengthen the transmission network, which is actually the weakest link in the generation-transmission-distribution chain. it is a long & tedious process, but if they had started it 2 years ago instead of looking for whom to blame & claiming glory for doing nothing, progress would have been made by now;

3. remove power from the ministry & create an independent council on power, with seasoned power experts, that is statutorily backed & empowered to develop our power sector without interference from government;

4. review the privatization process by revisiting the professional partnership aspect of the DISCOs. DISCOs without technical experts in the top 20 power companies in the world should be given professional assistance by the council on power;

5. the government should liberalise the metre market. it should be made possible for individuals to purchase their metres independently as long as they conform to specific guidelines. this way, DISCOs have no room for extortion... or frivolous excuses why a customer can't be given prepaid metres...

the above won't end power problems overnight, but removing the power sector from destructive politics will allow it have focus & direction without distractions.
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by blacknp(m): 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
fallout87:
APC has been the biggest mistake of Nigerians in recent memory.

It is a wonder they voted to bring this plague upon themselves.
PDP was there for 16 years,and depended on the infrastructure the Military left,how many electricity grids did pdp build?you want APC to do magic in 2 years?keep deceiving yourself maybe your lies makes you happy?Keep wailing Mr fallout87 better you go and ask for accountability from your party people deceiving people before you look at the All Progressive Congress.
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by checkolatunji: 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
Presently in Ikosi Ketu light dey yafun yafun
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by higgs: 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
What is so complex about electricity generation and distribution? Why are we still not getting it right in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by mechanics(m): 4:31pm On Oct 01, 2017
SalamRushdie:
There is still no electricity in my home now for four days
eyah, which state is that?
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
DutchBruh:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.nan.ng/news/blackout-nigerias-national-grid-collapses/amp/

Na Sango go kill all the fraudulent individuals involved with electricity generation, transmission and distribution in this Nigeria
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by gogodaye(m): 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
DutchBruh:

They Discos where all sold to corrupt politicians by Goodluck Jonathan who know nothing about power generation. Experts have been telling the cluesless an incompetent APC to reverse the sale and give it to competent power generator companies like General Electric but they refused.

I wish you could get somebody to read out to you what you had earlier written....
The DISCO's you've attempted to vilify have got no business with power 'generation' the subject matter of this discourse......
And thank you for blaming Ex PGEJ today as you've been primed to do.....
I guess you are scared of calling out your demi-gods at whose desk the mess and responsibility for the collapse of the grid occasioned by the technical glitch at Egbin lies......
And for the records.....The TCN responsible for power generation is still wholly owned by the FG......
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by patonyx1: 9:49pm On Oct 01, 2017
Everything about Nigeria Electricity has always been fraud from time immemorial.

You don't have meter, they give you estimated bill.
You have meter, they still give you estimated bill.

Scam of country called Nigeria.

Nemesis1:

If it is then we should protest, I've paid for their stupid meter over 5 months I'm yet to receive it, they won't even change my direct connection charges from 7k to 2k as stipulated by their own rules, I admit power is a bit stable where I stay but seriously? More charges?

This calls for occupy DISCOS all over again, let them provide meter, find and resolve their problems and be fair to Nigerians
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by 7lives: 11:31pm On Oct 01, 2017
checkolatunji:
Presently in Ikosi Ketu light dey yafun yafun

I dey gbadun LIGHT for my end too.
For almost seven months now na enjoyment galore na to dey save money ' cause na card meter I dey flex.
Re: Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses by udees: 9:04am On Oct 07, 2017
yOU ARE NOT SAYING ANYTHING--IS POWER GENERATION THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA UNSTEADIED SUPPLY OR INADEQUATE SUPPLY--GO AND BE EDUCATED HOW POWER IS GENERATED AND FINALLY HOW LIGTH COMES OR SUPPLY TO THE END USERS --THEN YOU CAN COME TO THE PUBLIC AND TALK--FOR NOW YOU ARE DISPLAYING IGNORANCE FROM I AM READING FROM YOU--BUT LET ME GIVE YOU AN ASSIGNMENT--[HOW MANY POWER GENERATION PLANT DO WE HAVE IN NIGERIAN NOW BOTH IPP AND NDIPP AND WHAT IS THEIR INDIVIDUAL INSTALLED CAPACITY--WHEN YOU FINISH ,SUM IT UP AND THEN TELL US THE TOTAL INSTALLED CAPACITY AND THEN GO FURTHER AND FIND OUT FROM EACH OF THE POWER PLANT WHAT IS EVACUATED FROM EACH OF THE PLANT TO THE GRID AND WHAT IS NOT YET EVACUATED AND GIVE US THE BALANCE---YOU CAN THEN UNDERSTAND THAT [OUT OF THE TOTAL POWER GENERATED BY THE GENCOS] ONLY LITTLE IS GOING TO THE GRID THAT THEY KEEP TELLING YOU 4000mw.NIGERIA AS AT 20I5 ENDING HAS A LITTLE ABOVE 1200MW OF ELECTRICITY BUT WHAT IS GOING TO THE GRID IS BETWEEN THAT 4 AMD 6000MW THEY KEEP TELLING YOU BECAUSE THEY DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO--tHEY NEED TO BUILT ON THE EXISTING TRANSMITTION FACILITY THAT CAN ACCEPT MORE KILOWATS OF ELECTRICITY FROM THE GRID BY BUILDING MORE INJECTION STATION TO EVACUATE POWER FOR DOMESTIC USE.
DutchBruh:

They Discos where all sold to corrupt politicians by Goodluck Jonathan who know nothing about power generation. Experts have been telling the cluesless an incompetent APC to reverse the sale and give it to competent power generator companies like General Electric but they refused.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Companies Linked To Tinubu, Ambode’s Aide To Collect Land Use Charge / What’s’ The Desperation For? Nigerians React To Atiku’s ‘i’ll Do Just One Term’ / Electoral Act Versus Supreme Court: Which One Should INEC Obey?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.