Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,365 members, 7,829,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy (46828 Views)

Obasanjo: I Ran Away From Arabic Qur’anic School Over Fear Of The Cane / Olusegun Obasanjo: I Will Commit Suicide By Hanging If Nigeria Loses Hope / Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by olamil34(m): 8:51am On Sep 30, 2017
obasanjo is a billionaire
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by bigpicture001: 8:51am On Sep 30, 2017
Obasanjo remains nigeria's best leader

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by phemmisky(m): 8:51am On Sep 30, 2017
Na wa ooo
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by teamsynergy: 8:52am On Sep 30, 2017
this baba can lie ehn
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by WowSweetGuy(m): 8:53am On Sep 30, 2017
Shut up...u had more than 20k then...
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Estellar: 8:53am On Sep 30, 2017
Nemesis1:
I argued severally that having less than or exactly 20k in account does not make you poor

Obasanjo farms was established in 1979 and despite OBJ being imprisoned his funds kept rolling in

But idiots believed he merely started his farm in 1999
Which Obasanjo farm? The same Operation Feed the Nation (OFN) farm he used Nigeria's money to establish abi na another one? He is a thief!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by okerekeikpo: 8:53am On Sep 30, 2017
Criminals even Mr Jubrin from Sudan knows better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Adduce(m): 8:53am On Sep 30, 2017
U too can become financially independent...chat me up today and ask me how!!!
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by anochuko01(m): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2017
that he can't control remote doesn't make him a fool. he has simply stuck with his ''business''. he probably doesn't watch TV a lot.
he can sure handle a gun...don't forget.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Nemesis1: 8:54am On Sep 30, 2017
SHTFguy:

Just 2yrs into his incarceration at Gashua Prison, Otta farm had already gone bankrupt.

It will take Obasanjo becoming president to revive the farm plus a ban on imported poultry products to steer Otta farm back into the Blue.

Obasanjo also forcefully contracted UAC and other eatries and hotels around the Lagos area to buy poultry from his farm.

Obasanjo was dead broke at that time with no credit or cash at hand.

The likes of Andy Ubah and Emeka Offor where the ones that helped keep his farm running.

Yeah yeah , bankrupt the largest farm in west coast went bankrupt under 2 years

Legendary mumu
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by stano2(m): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2017
Oj
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by SHTFguy: 8:58am On Sep 30, 2017
Nemesis1:

Yeah yeah , bankrupt the largest farm in west coast went bankrupt under 2 years

Legendary mumu

A farm that relied on a line of credit to operate?

With Obasanjo sentenced to death and waiting execution at Gashua Prison, all his creditors dried up.

His chickens began to die.

The larger an organization the quicker it fails.

Otta farm was operating from hand to mouth before Obasanjo was sworn in as President in 1999

2 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by juman(m): 9:00am On Sep 30, 2017
olamil34:
obasanjo is a billionaire

Billionaire in dollars.
All those generals are thieves.

But one thing to note, he had large farms before he became president.
Despite some people alleged that those farms belonged to nigeria because they were part of operation feed the nation farms.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Nemesis1: 9:00am On Sep 30, 2017
IgboticGirl:

I know u must side with him. ..u Yoruba's are the biggest tribalist thing in this country

Wat happen to the electricity money during obj regime?

Obj made so many Yoruba's rich like Alikija, otedola, etc rich over night but u guys are so tribalist to see dat

Obj monopolised only Lagos port

Denziani and Jonathan monopolized trillions of naira, you don't hear Yoruba complaining grin

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by SHTFguy: 9:04am On Sep 30, 2017
Nemesis1:

Denziani and Jonathan monopolized trillions of naira, you don't hear Yoruba complaining grin

Shut up abeg!

Even if they did it wasn't from your poverty encrusted SW.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by juman(m): 9:05am On Sep 30, 2017
Without stealing anything the security vote as president of nigeria is so big, is enough to make the president billionaire in naira.

The country security vote system is bad.

President could save in his pocket millions of dollars per year from security vote thing.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:05am On Sep 30, 2017
Chanchit:
So Obasanjo can't use remote to off TV and he once ruled the whole of Nigeria only god knows if buhari knows what a TV remote is, na God go save us for this country.

Anyway, I might cone back to read the remaining article when I wake, only that place weh I read don weak me.

Have you ever heard that "those who make the news don't have time to watch"?

Ask dangote, bill gates, pmb etc.

All these men share one thing in common, while you're watching tv, they're busy with strategic planning; cooking up how to affect their world - another news for you to be glued to on your tv
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by critic9ja: 9:06am On Sep 30, 2017
LexngtonSteele:
Nice article. Long but well written.

I used to criticise OBJ while in power but a friend whose mum was a teacher said Lecturers and teachers would crucify me if they knew.
He failed in Electricity generation and was super corrupt, but several of his policies are what we enjoy today.

Time has proven that OBJ was a far better leader than his successors.

Yardu'a started well, but unfortunately had health challenges. GEJ for sure was an incompetent buffoon. We had high hopes for PMB but so far, he's been a huge disappointment.
you have said well and rightly friend. people fail to realize this.

2 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by juman(m): 9:07am On Sep 30, 2017
Obasanjo is a disgrace to yoruba people.

He led the country for eleven and half years and could not have legendary achievements.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Financialfree: 9:08am On Sep 30, 2017
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by adisabarber(m): 9:10am On Sep 30, 2017
morbeta:
It's evident that these people cannot use some of this electronics, am sure Buhari can't use iPhone since Obasanjo can't use remote control.

Chai Trump will laugh out loud on hearing this.

You no even start from 3310
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 30, 2017
Obasanjo...Hummmph
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by ehikwe22: 9:15am On Sep 30, 2017
LexngtonSteele:
Nice article. Long but well written.

I used to criticise OBJ while in power but a friend whose mum was a teacher said Lecturers and teachers would crucify me if they knew.
He failed in Electricity generation and was super corrupt, but several of his policies are what we enjoy today.

Time has proven that OBJ was a far better leader than his successors.

Yardu'a started well, but unfortunately had health challenges. GEJ for sure was an incompetent buffoon. We had high hopes for PMB but so far, he's been a huge disappointment.
that you had high hopes for PMB shows you totally have no brain

2 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Chanchit: 9:16am On Sep 30, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:

Have you ever heard that "those who make the news don't have time to watch"?

Ask dangote, bill gates, pmb etc.

All these men share one thing in common, while you're watching tv, they're busy with strategic planning; cooking up how to affect their world - another news for you to be glued to on your tv

It still does not mean Dangote and Bill gate would not know where the red button is on a remote control.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Xkalaban(m): 9:20am On Sep 30, 2017
Obasanjo = Njọ basara abasa
Spreading ugliness everywhere undecided
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:21am On Sep 30, 2017
Chanchit:

It still does not mean Dangote and Bill gate would not know where the red button is on a remote control.

Obj is much older than these two, he came from the colonial era and he's been making the news ever since. It's not being local, you call that being busy.

His case might be tv, many other world shakers out there cannot operate an android phone. Bill gates excluded because technology is his line
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Chanchit: 9:23am On Sep 30, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:

Obj is much older than these two, he came from the colonial era and he's been making the news ever since. It's not being local, you call that being busy.

His case might be tv, many other world shakers out there cannot operate an android phone. Bill gates excluded because technology is his line

Android phones are understandable, but even market women operate vcd remote.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:25am On Sep 30, 2017
bigpicture001:
Obasanjo remains nigeria's best leader

Most people won't agree to that - they're either to young and uninformed or old and not objective.

Those who know know that if the country had processed at obj's pace, we would have gone far better.

GEJ is the undoing of this country.

I cannot totally blame OBJ for giving SS an opportunity!
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:30am On Sep 30, 2017
Chanchit:

Android phones are understandable, but even market women operate vcd remote.

You're still not seeing my point. Busy men don't watch the TV.

Influential busy men hardly turn on the TV

An old influential busy man like OBJ may never know how to turn on an HDTV he never cared! He mostly gets informed through the newspapers.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by LexngtonSteele: 9:36am On Sep 30, 2017
ehikwe22:

ehikwe22 to his useless fagg0t father and spermbank mother :
that you had high hopes for PMB shows you totally have no brain

Eyah. ..ndo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Invites Sanwo-olu To Inaugurate Rivers Projects / Militants & Cultists Surrender Their Weapons To Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) / ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.