Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy (46829 Views)

Obasanjo: I Ran Away From Arabic Qur’anic School Over Fear Of The Cane / Olusegun Obasanjo: I Will Commit Suicide By Hanging If Nigeria Loses Hope / Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by konoplyanka: 9:37am On Sep 30, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:

You're still not seeing my point. Busy men don't watch the TV.

Influential busy men hardly turn on the TV

An old influential busy man like OBJ may never know how to turn on an HDTV he never cared! He mostly gets informed through the newspapers.

Anybody that believes obasanjo does not know how to operate a remote control is a fool.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 30, 2017
Who read all that?
Trust me, I didnt
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by FakoMaybach1: 9:55am On Sep 30, 2017
Obasanjo was the greatest thief to enter Aso rock, a tyrant and a thief. The yorubas and their tribal bigotry will never say it out.

They accuse PDP of 16 years of waste but when asked to cite examples they stop at GEJ table/ tenure.

In all i heard of PDP steal the highest during GEJ was 2.1 billion dollars by dasuki, Obasanjo alone has stolen 16 billion dollars, Obasanjo was the man that introduced Ghana must go money into Nigerian politics, bribing Ararume and co for his third term bid. The man nearly turned our country to Zimbabwe, if not for chukwumerije, ayim pious and co that fought him to a stand still.

Yorubas will look the other way when it is their elders, Awolowo, Tinubu, Obasanjo, etc even though all these men were crooks, then they will expect you to bring your own sons make them kill. No way!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Reference(m): 9:58am On Sep 30, 2017
Nemesis1:
I argued severally that having less than or exactly 20k in account does not make you poor

Obasanjo farms was established in 1979 and despite OBJ being imprisoned his funds kept rolling in

But idiots believed he merely started his farm in 1999

He is a thief like all the others. His corruption portfolio is the largest amongst all ex-heads of state. Don't start what you cannot finish abeg.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Reference(m): 10:00am On Sep 30, 2017
bigpicture001:
Obasanjo remains nigeria's best leader

The worst by a country mile. Read your history.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 30, 2017
SHTFguy:

Just 2yrs into his incarceration at Gashua Prison, Otta farm had already gone bankrupt.

It will take Obasanjo becoming president to revive the farm plus a ban on imported poultry products to steer Otta farm back into the Blue.

Obasanjo also forcefully contracted UAC and other eatries and hotels around the Lagos area to buy poultry from his farm.

Obasanjo was dead broke at that time with no credit or cash at hand.

The likes of Andy Ubah and Emeka Offor where the ones that helped keep his farm running.

Iiiiiiiiiibbbbbbooooooo. I. b. o. Propaganda master.
Ordinarily, it pays to keep quiet to allow people of the same mind to get excited with falsehood, but for posterity one must correct few things.

If a retired general with outstanding benefits of many years running into several millions , unclaimed dividends from shares, unclaimed royalties from books & other interests said he had 20K , that is just the account balance before settling down properly from prison. Only a man with low mental capacity will take that as a reference point or starting point. As at this period, even a junior manager at his hotel in Allen Avenue or a manager at the farm cannot say 20k is all he has.

The farm being managed by a Ghanaian while in prison, despite the inactivity in major areas was still professionally managed & run as a small unit worth millions. Nobody has ever forced any eatery or organization to buy birds from any farm. In fact, at the beginning of Obj govt when economy suddenly picks in geometrical progression, birds produced locally cannot meet the local demand prompting the establishment of more farms by poultry farmers.

At what point did Andy Ubah & Emeka Offor come in to the farm to keep it running. Propaganda. Those who live at the farm will just be laughing.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by SalamRushdie: 10:06am On Sep 30, 2017
Chanchit:
So Obasanjo can't use remote to off TV and he once ruled the whole of Nigeria only god knows if buhari knows what a TV remote is, na God go save us for this country.

Anyway, I might cone back to read the remaining article when I wake, only that place weh I read don weak me.

That is why the country is where it is today
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by femu(m): 10:08am On Sep 30, 2017
obj was never poor in 1999.
His real estate and shares would have been billions.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Tyche(m): 10:10am On Sep 30, 2017
IgboticGirl:

I know u must side with him. ..u Yoruba's are the biggest tribalist thing in this country

Wat happen to the electricity money during obj regime?

Obj made so many Yoruba's rich like Alikija, otedola, etc rich over night but u guys are so tribalist to see dat

Obj monopolised only Lagos port

Ditto Emeka Of for and Andy Uba
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by bigpicture001: 10:28am On Sep 30, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:

Most people won't agree to that - they're either to young and uninformed or old and not objective.

Those who know know that if the country had processed at obj's pace, we would have gone far better.

GEJ is the undoing of this country.

I cannot totally blame OBJ for giving SS an opportunity!
...what u said is very tru..but I have ma reservation...GEj is nigeria's second best since 99'
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by bigpicture001: 10:32am On Sep 30, 2017
Reference:

The worst by a country mile. Read your history.
...reference like you i.implies..dont join the band wagon, judge..with real facts
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by msylva2147(m): 10:50am On Sep 30, 2017
where the hell did this cork and bull story came from?
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by infofta(m): 11:56am On Sep 30, 2017
Millions and billions of looted dollars is buried in his Otta farm
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Themandator: 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2017
Nemesis1:
I argued severally that having less than or exactly 20k in account does not make you poor

Obasanjo farms was established in 1979 and despite OBJ being imprisoned his funds kept rolling in

Stop deodorizing corruption. Obasanjo was broke and his business ruined by Abacha. A man that bought Transcorp shares ,as a sitting president , in what was formed blind trust ...Spent PTDF funds without accounts

Obasanjo can't go any other way with Buhari lest the 'probe' be extended to his time in office, as Nigeria's president.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Themandator: 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2017
babaolofin:

Iiiiiiiiiibbbbbbooooooo. I. b. o. Propaganda master.
Ordinarily, it pays to keep quiet to allow people of the same mind to get excited with falsehood, but for posterity one must correct few things.

If a retired general with outstanding benefits of many years running into several millions , unclaimed dividends from shares, unclaimed royalties from books & other interests said he had 20K , that is just the account balance before settling down properly from prison. Only a man with low mental capacity will take that as a reference point or starting point. As at this period, even a junior manager at his hotel in Allen Avenue or a manager at the farm cannot say 20k is all he has.

The farm being managed by a Ghanaian while in prison, despite the inactivity in major areas was still professionally managed & run as a small unit worth millions. Nobody has ever forced any eatery or organization to buy birds from any farm. In fact, at the beginning of Obj govt when economy suddenly picks in geometrical progression, birds produced locally cannot meet the local demand prompting the establishment of more farms by poultry farmers.

At what point did Andy Ubah & Emeka Offor come in to the farm to keep it running. Propaganda. Those who live at the farm will just be laughing.

When people talk about royalty , it sounds like it is automatic payment and nothing else ....Since you know the royalty from his book, declare how much it was worth by sales in that tow years he was in prison ... His pension for those years

Go and read the interview where Obasanjo was forcing HNIs like Adenuga to do construction in his Bells university. ...An Oba actually granted that interview. .... Billion of dollars was stolen through power P,rojects that Elumelu committee stated was never executed or even started in some instances.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Johnrake69: 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2017
Themandator:

When people talk about royalty , it sounds like it is automatic payment and nothing else ....Since you know the royalty from his book, declare how much it was worth by sales in that tow years he was in prison ... His pension for those years

Go and read the interview where Obasanjo was forcing HNIs like Adenuga to do construction in his Bells university. ...An Oba actually granted that interview. .... Billion of dollars was stolen through power P,rojects that Elumelu committee stated was never executed or even started in some instances.

Don't mind that guy. I followed the power probe chaired by Elumelu. Immediately, OBJ's name was mentioned that was the end of the committee. In fact, Elumelu and members of the committee were under threat from powers that be. I know this because Elumelu represented my constituency. OBJ is the father of corruption. Fela of blessed memories narrated everything. If he was clean why didn't he sue Fela for defamation? Fela challenged him so many times. OBJ is curse to Nigeria.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by higgs: 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2017
OBJ remains the best president we have had so far.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by GenOrumov: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2017
morbeta:
It's evident that these people cannot use some of this electronics, am sure Buhari can't use iPhone since Obasanjo can't use remote control.

Chai Trump will laugh out loud on hearing this.
when you're at around this man's age, I doubt if you're going to be able to use the technology of that generation.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by lanrecisse30(m): 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2017
Obasanjo the yahoo man. You don't scam Nigeria finish.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by billyG(m): 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2017
Nemesis1:

Rolling into which account?
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by billyG(m): 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2017
this bloated self-glorified chimp need to b in kuje prison buhari do something!
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT7uSeYHkaY
FELA KUTI-International Thief Thief
Then start start to steal money
Start start them corruption
Start start them inflation
Start start them oppression
Start start them confusion
Start start them oppression
Start start to steal money
Start start to steal money

Like Obasanjo and Abiola

[Chorus]
International Thief Thief!

I.T.T.
International rogue
International thief
We go fight them, well well
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2017
billyG:
this bloated self-glorified chimp need to b in kuje prison buhari do something!
Life imprisonment
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by belindar: 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
Can he call a CNN OR BBC reporter an idiot? Never. He can only do that because you are from Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Naijiant: 4:53pm On Sep 30, 2017
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by SillyMods: 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2017
factsandfigures:
Why is Obasanjo afraid of Atiku shadow? With hatred obasanjo has for Atiku I believed he would have nailed him with Efcc during his tenure if Atiku was actually corrupted as being potrayed by obasanjo
How could he have mailed him since both served together on same ticket, with immunity?
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by poseidon12: 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
Nemesis1:

So you really believe that it is his farm that made him reach and enabled him to establish Bells University and other assets? If you believe that, then you will believe anything.

2 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 30, 2017
poseidon12:

So you really believe that it is his farm that made him reach and enabled him to establish Bells University and other assets? If you believe that, then you will believe anything.
He established Bells University and Bells Secondary school from looted funds. OBJ is worse than Abacha when it comes to looting
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by blacknp(m): 12:07am On Oct 01, 2017
DutchBruh:

Nigeria has been ruled by complete and utter fools since 1960.
The Fools leading The Fools?where we're your grandparents and parents when they were been lead like Sheep without brains like you claim?
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy by blacknp(m): 12:24am On Oct 01, 2017
poseidon12:

Yes,The amount of Land Obasanjo and his fellow army Brothers stole using the Land Use Act Decree of 1978 in disguise with operation feed the Nation in the late 1970's,his descendants can never know poverty. A rich man's wealth is not known in his lifetime,why do you think the Queen of England is so rich?She has so much land.

Obasanjo and his fellow army Brothers have hectres of land they allocated to themselves all over the Federation all in the name of operation feed the nation back then,all those agricultural land of yesteryears are commercial properties 20 years from now to the future,take example from the Lekki axis of Lagos.

You can't imagine the amount of land the army stole back in the 70's,why do you think the Land Use Act is enshrined in the Nigeria Constitution and cannot be touched?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP / Senator Dino Melaye And A White Lady Have Fun (Photos) / Photos Of Buhari Campaigning For Fayemi At Apc Mega Rally In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.