Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,935 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:18 PM

Need Advice. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Need Advice. (858 Views)

I'm In Love: Please I Need Advice / I Need Advice: I Got Her Pregnant But I'm Married / I Need Advice From Mature Nl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2010
Dear NL Members,
i dont know how i can start this but i know i have to say it out.

this is the issue, i have a girl friend staying and struggling together in the past, now that God has done good for us I have an office now and she is willing and ready to take a job as a secretary, and also i have my brother who also want to work with me ( the office is a web development, computer stuff ).

My girl friend said she can not work in the say office with my brother (she says because of too much familiarities and some other things )

and i also i have my brother in Mind.

What can i do?

DO i force her to work together or what can i do PLEASE NO JOKE PLEASE BUGGING MY HEART.
Re: Need Advice. by TOPE20001(f): 11:04pm On Mar 05, 2010
If she doesnt want to work for you cuz of ur brother then let her go angry
A mere gf dictating already so what happens when she becomes ur wife? ur mum wont be allowed in ur house? undecided

she is struggling and yet doing ako. u better let her knw that her begger doesnt have any choice grin grin
Re: Need Advice. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 05, 2010
What's with Nigerian men and control?

You want to force her? Its her fault, she gave you that power.

If she doesnt want to work with your bro, then let her find another job [which will be hard to find]
Re: Need Advice. by AqRiUsAge(f): 11:33pm On Mar 05, 2010
^^^ abi o
Re: Need Advice. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 05, 2010
I dont want her to spoil the work about 500k already invested in the office,

if she accept and later spoil the business nko?

i dey fear

or make i no allow family?
Re: Need Advice. by breathless(m): 12:12am On Mar 06, 2010
you av answered ur question,. Expert usually advice u dont employ friends n relatives in a biz u run. it will be smeared by sentiments. i advice u dont let any of them work wt u. period
Re: Need Advice. by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 06, 2010
confused undecided undecided
Re: Need Advice. by daylae(m): 12:21am On Mar 06, 2010
It is definite that family issues affect family business. Your gf doesn't have to work with you and your brother,she can get a job elsewhere if that suits her;but don't take it as a grudge,maybe she's just being objective to the rules of starting a successful business.
Re: Need Advice. by maedan(f): 12:28am On Mar 06, 2010
If I were you I'd employ your brother. After all if he messes us he's still your brother. But a gf can wreck things and you end up losing her and the biz. Or you can hire them both and turn your workplace into a battlefield grin
Re: Need Advice. by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 06, 2010
maedan:

If I were you I'd employ your brother. After all if he messes us he's still your brother. But a gf can wreck things and you end up losing her and the biz. Or you can hire them both and turn your workplace into a battlefield grin

This is waiting i dey fear oh,
Re: Need Advice. by Nobody: 1:12am On Mar 06, 2010
Thanks all.
Re: Need Advice. by lalaboi1(m): 4:11am On Mar 06, 2010
well, if your girl does not want to work with your brother in the same place, that means even when u get married to her, she'll still not want any of your family to get close to her,
Re: Need Advice. by Odunnu: 7:23am On Mar 06, 2010
Is she a professional secretary,or u jst want her 2fit d position bcz its ur office?
If she isnt,i'l suggest u talk 2her and both of u shd agree she shd get a job elsewhre,(they r nt hard to come by)
Re: Need Advice. by Odunnu: 7:24am On Mar 06, 2010
Is she a professional secretary,or u jst want her 2fit d position bcz its ur office?
If she isnt,i'l suggest u talk 2her and both of u shd agree she shd get a job elsewhre,(they r nt hard to come by)
Re: Need Advice. by Tinksh(f): 7:26am On Mar 06, 2010
Family and business dont mix. If she was your wife i would say 'absolutely' but what happens if you and your gf part, very dangerous! Its your business so you should employ the best person for the job to compliment your business and grow it.
Re: Need Advice. by monami2(f): 7:37am On Mar 06, 2010
Dear its not even advisable for ur gf to be "in" as in "in" ur business,
When u guys get married that means the busines will suffer so she can go home to prepare dish for u, or she will tell u she can't do laundary on saturday cosboth of u have been working all week. Let her lookfor a job somewhere else.

And what about if u break her heart?Just consider the 500k gone to settle problems cos then she will know your in and out and try to bring u down at all cost.

As for ur brother its not still advisable but if u trust him its better and be very wachful and prayerful.

Then for ur gf not comfortabl with ur bro, thats very bad. she is suppose to be close to them toan extent, if she respects herself they(ur sibling) will always respect her.so i dont know why she is scared abt getting close.

NB - A good girl for marriage should be friends with ur family. She should take them as hers.
Re: Need Advice. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 06, 2010
mon-ami:

Dear its not even advisable for your gf to be "in" as in "in" your business,
When u guys get married that means the busines will suffer so she can go home to prepare dish for u, or she will tell u she can't do laundary on saturday cosboth of u have been working all week. Let her lookfor a job somewhere else.

And what about if u break her heart?Just consider the 500k gone to settle problems cos then she will know your in and out and try to bring u down at all cost.

As for your brother its not still advisable but if u trust him its better and be very wachful and prayerful.

Then for your gf not comfortabl with your bro, thats very bad. she is suppose to be close to them toan extent, if she respects herself they(your sibling) will always respect her.so i dont know why she is scared abt getting close.

NB - A good girl for marriage should be friends with your family. She should take them as hers.

ok i will not employ both then

i think that;s ok
Re: Need Advice. by Busybody2(f): 1:21pm On Mar 06, 2010
If i read your first post right, are you saying this girl was with you when you had nothing? Does she have any stake/investment in the business?
Re: Need Advice. by Busybody2(f): 1:25pm On Mar 06, 2010
And apart from not wanting your Brother onboard because of the family angle, what other reason/concerns does she have?
Re: Need Advice. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 06, 2010
Busy_body:

If i read your first post right, are you saying this girl was with you when you had nothing? Does she have any stake/investment in the business?

nothing but advise
Re: Need Advice. by adetoru(f): 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2010
Please,she's not your wife.For now only your brother is your family btwn the two of them
Re: Need Advice. by Odunnu: 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2010
As if 'advice' isnt valuable.I'm sure u'd have bin wreckd emotionally and it wud hv reflectd in ur evryday life if she'd left u then.Better treat her nicely bt firmly as well and take d advice we jst offered
Re: Need Advice. by 190: 3:10pm On Mar 06, 2010
brothers over bi~tches
Re: Need Advice. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 06, 2010
Thanks all
Re: Need Advice. by Alxmyr(m): 7:30pm On Mar 06, 2010
I will advise you as a business person:
You are starting your business on the wrong footing.
If you want your business to grow do away with family and girlfriend staff.
You cannot enforce your orders with them  and they will always see you as family member rather than the visionary of the business.
So don't engage any of them if you want to grow.
Re: Need Advice. by monami2(f): 6:47am On Mar 09, 2010
Just get people you ca pay and forget family and friends.
They wont take your orders serious.
Good luck to You
Re: Need Advice. by noblegas2(m): 7:26am On Mar 09, 2010
Employ D both of dem jor! Dey wil av no choice dan 2 adapt! Are U nt D bossman?
Re: Need Advice. by daduke2k(m): 8:39am On Mar 09, 2010
Lil bros and gf, it dont work dat way. Dont employ any of them
Re: Need Advice. by galatico(m): 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2010
Guy don't let her control you, if she can't work with your brother, she can go work elsewhere!!!
Re: Need Advice. by doctorlov: 2:06pm On Mar 09, 2010
Please sit her down and talk with an open mind.Be very interested in what she has to say and then look for a way to make her understand why your brother needs to work with you guys.Plenty talk does no harm.TALK,TALK ,TALK AND TALK SOME MORE

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Please Click! / Love Hurts / Ladies How low Can Your Man's income Be And Still Decide To Marry Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.