Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,914 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Which Geo-political Zone Can Take Nigeria To Her Promise Land? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Geo-political Zone Can Take Nigeria To Her Promise Land? (817 Views)

Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone / Inec Releases Total Number Of Eligible Voters For 6 Geo Political Zone / 6 Geo Political Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Geo-political Zone Can Take Nigeria To Her Promise Land? by darasam4u: 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2010
With the present infrastructural breakdown, religious crises in the northern part of Nigeria, joblessness due to lack of plan by our leaders for the coming generation, coupled with credit crunch & global liquidity squize, instability due to frequent change in policy and its attendant high rate of poverty, one is faced with the question "which tribe can rule this country best"?.
Is it the Northerners or the Southerners? Who will lead Nigeria to her blessed above? The country is blessed with almost all kind of natural resources, agriculture and oil; yet the masses keep suffering - why?
Simply because we've forgotten God. A tree that forget it source shall surely dry! Enough of seeking help or solution where there's none. Hear Psalm 127:1 "Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain."
Nigeria has abandone the Lord, my country has left the oracles of God. We've gone thinking we can cope effectively without the Most High! This accounts for reasons while various policies have failed. We've set up different think-tank committee who brought in good policies, but because we do not put God first, those policies have failed.
We need to acknowledge our sins as a nation & also as individuals and invite God into our situation. Individuals need to repent of all sins and invite Jesus into their lives . The Holy scripture says "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." (Proverbs 28:13).
Jesus said "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. " (Matthew 11:28-29).
Let's all as individuals first, then as a nation go to Christ and He shall give up rest & heal our land.
Re: Which Geo-political Zone Can Take Nigeria To Her Promise Land? by mamagee3(f): 7:52pm On Mar 06, 2010
Nigeria and Promised Land? shocked shocked
Which Promised Land is Nigeria heading to?
Is it the promised land inwhich our leaders has promised to steal from us each time they get into Office
Or is it the promised land in which IBB and OBJ has severely blocked beyond our reach. . .
Please, don't dream. . .There's no promised land for Nigeria.
Re: Which Geo-political Zone Can Take Nigeria To Her Promise Land? by EmmyBoy2(m): 9:15pm On Mar 06, 2010
@ poster-Agreed our leaders have failed to "rule" with the fear of God, but leadership ability has nothing to do with ones geopolitical zone. One of the major issue in this country is tribalism.The earlier we put it behind us, the better.I am personally vey detribalised.Dont care who or where the President comes from.
Re: Which Geo-political Zone Can Take Nigeria To Her Promise Land? by abadaba(m): 2:53am On Mar 07, 2010
We should lease Nigeria to the United Kingdom for ten years. Mind you, it is not colonialism nor neo-colonialism. Just a ten year lease.
Re: Which Geo-political Zone Can Take Nigeria To Her Promise Land? by EzeUche(m): 3:13am On Mar 07, 2010
abadaba:

We should lease Nigeria to the United Kingdom for ten years. Mind you, it is not colonialism nor neo-colonialism. Just a ten year lease.

Hush Uncle Tom. Always selling yourself to the white man.
Re: Which Geo-political Zone Can Take Nigeria To Her Promise Land? by henry101(m): 9:29am On Mar 07, 2010
abadaba:

Lease Nigeria?
I dnt want 2 laff 2 ur suggestions.
Re: Which Geo-political Zone Can Take Nigeria To Her Promise Land? by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 07, 2010
Diaspocan'ts?? Ignorant question!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Sack Iwu Now; Labour, Civil Society Groups Protest In Abuja - Latest / Babangida Desperate; Says 'i'll Run Without P.d.p' / Niger Pdp Backs Out Of Ibb Declaration •as Ex-military Leader Begins Campaign:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.