Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,999 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed (3039 Views)

My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Uzorbaby: 10:35pm On Mar 11
Good evening house, I opened a new account for this issues. This is my ninth years in marriage with 3 kids and since the third year till now the problem I keep having with my husband is infidelity, when ever I catch him he apologises but still continues. Recently I found out he is into a single mother who claim to be a deconess and he opened a business for her and doesn't feel apologetic about it, this same lady when I had not discovered their affairs he sends her his last card and begs me for money. He calls her everyday , video calls her and sends her money frequently.right now I feel faustrated and depressed. I will really love to leave him and rent a house close to my shop but the amount to do that will greatly affect my business if I do that because I just started it 3 months ago. I just need someone I can talk to, gist about normal stuff of life so that my mind can move away from him pending when I will be able to rent a house. I just want to be happy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by anthonyuncle(m): 10:40pm On Mar 11
Hmm.
Sorry for what you are experiencing.
Did you not notice his infidelity while dating?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by immortalcrown(m): 10:40pm On Mar 11
Don't leave your matrimonial home unless you want to jump from frying pan to fire.

For now, just be speaking to him and to those he listens to. Infidelity is very bad.

13 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Xosh: 10:41pm On Mar 11
Booking space
Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by budaatum: 10:44pm On Mar 11
Uzorbaby:

right now I feel faustrated and depressed.

I just want to be happy

I'm glad you're depressed and want to be happy, because you can now stop bothering where your husband puts his dik and concern yourself with what you want. Hopefully, sex is off your priority list, so you don't get him putting it in you anymore and give you disease.

Concentrate on what you want. And don't you forget to smile.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by pocohantas(f): 10:47pm On Mar 11
budaatum:

I'm glad you're depressed and want to be happy, because you can now stop bothering where your husband puts his dik and concern yourself with what you want. Hopefully, sex is off your priority list, so you don't get him putting it in you anymore and give you disease.

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Ogiame: 10:48pm On Mar 11
When you say; You need someone you can talk to and gist about normal stuff of life.... Please I want to ask, don't you have siblings or friends around?

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by budaatum: 10:56pm On Mar 11
Uzorbaby:

I just need someone .......

I can not warn you enough!

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by TheWinterBird(f): 11:06pm On Mar 11
I was going to say you should go to the single mother and tell her to leave your husband alone. She must be very shameless, having an affair with another woman's husband. That said, you've no business with her and your wedding vows were exchanged with your husband and not her, therefore it's your husband you need to confront but if he's a chronic cheater and shameless cheater himself and refuses to stop, there's nothing you can do in that regard. You should, however, stop giving him money, as he's most likely giving her the money you're giving him, smdh. Don't give him a dime of your money, and further report him to everyone in your family and his so they all know what's going on.

10 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by kkins25(m): 11:17pm On Mar 11
Fear who no fear love. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ When she breaks his heart, he'll come and report her to youπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Gloriagee(f): 11:26pm On Mar 11
My dear, no need to confront the single woman cos the cheating guy will have a replacement in a heartbeat while consoling himself with , something must kill a man.

TheWinterBird:
I was going to say you should go to the single mother and tell her to leave your husband alone. She must be very shameless, having an affair with another woman's husband. That said, you've no business with her and your wedding vows were exchanged with your husband and not her, therefore it's your husband you need to confront but if he's a chronic cheater and shameless cheater himself and refuses to stop, there's nothing you can do in that regard. You should, however, stop giving him money, as he's most likely giving her the money you're giving him, smdh. Don't give him a dime of your money, and further report him to everyone in your family and his so they all know what's going on.

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On Mar 11
Uzorbaby:
βˆ† Good evening house, I opened a new account for this issues. This is my ninth years in marriage with 3 kids and since the third year till now the problem I keep having with my husband is infidelity, when ever I catch him he apologises but still continues. Recently I found out he is into a single mother who claim to be a deconess and he opened a business for her and doesn't feel apologetic about it, this same lady when I had not discovered their affairs he sends her his last card and begs me for money. He calls her everyday , video calls her and sends her money frequently.right now I feel faustrated and depressed. I will really love to leave him and rent a house close to my shop but the amount to do that will greatly affect my business if I do that because I just started it 3 months ago. I just need someone I can talk to, gist about normal stuff of life so that my mind can move away from him pending when I will be able to rent a house. I just want to be happy
Whatever you do, do not concern yourself with the women because they aren't the ones who broke your trust. Your husband is the retard who not only disrespected you but also reduced your marriage agreement to nothing but a sideshow. Since you already endured for over 6 years, why not endure a bit longer so you can save up the money you need to help you continue life outside of this disrespectful union you call a marriage that you have been living with? lipsrsealed

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by kkins25(m): 11:32pm On Mar 11
Kobojunkie:
Whatever you do, do not concern yourself with the women because they aren't the one's who broke your trust. Your husband is the retard who disrespected you reducing your agreement with him to nothing but a sideshow. Since you already endured for over 6 years, why not endure a bit longer so you can save up the money you need to help you continue life outside of this disrespectful union you call a marriage that you have been living with. lipsrsealed

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by kkins25(m): 11:34pm On Mar 11
TheWinterBird:

NA the side chick dey cheat? The person to confront is non other than her husband..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by nnamdiosu(m): 12:30am On Mar 12
Uzorbaby:
Good evening house, I opened a new account for this issues. This is my ninth years in marriage with 3 kids and since the third year till now the problem I keep having with my husband is infidelity, when ever I catch him he apologises but still continues. Recently I found out he is into a single mother who claim to be a deconess and he opened a business for her and doesn't feel apologetic about it, this same lady when I had not discovered their affairs he sends her his last card and begs me for money. He calls her everyday , video calls her and sends her money frequently.right now I feel faustrated and depressed. I will really love to leave him and rent a house close to my shop but the amount to do that will greatly affect my business if I do that because I just started it 3 months ago. I just need someone I can talk to, gist about normal stuff of life so that my mind can move away from him pending when I will be able to rent a house. I just want to be happy

Hello uzor.
I'm sorry about what you're going through.

First of all, kindly remove that desire to talk to just anyone...you're setting yourself up for infidelity also.
If you need someone to talk to,your pastors wife or someone elderly (and female) is what you need. You are very vulnerable now, don't get exploited.

Secondly , don't bring issues like this to a public forum. That's because majority of the people here aren't married, or are having it worse than you.
Also, this space can make you feel more depressed, because many of th people here are without human feelings.

1. You need to breath.
2. You strongly need to place this in prayer. I'll tell you a secret. Some men don't want to cheat. But forces beyond them, compels them too. Why would a man be with a single mother? Most things we look at as normal are not.
You need to table this matter to God

2. You need to speak to someone...consider the options I suggested above

3. Are you close to his mom? Is there anyone he respects that you can talk too.

It's true that marriage issues should be resolved inside, but when it's beyond inside, outside is called as the next option for sanity sakes.

It's going to be fine, but you must be strong.
Draw close to God and unburden your mind to him.

I'll pray for you.
Cheers

15 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Neptunium(m): 12:37am On Mar 12
What is his obsession with her? How many kids does she have? Where's her baby daddy? Could it be that he fathered her kids?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Kobojunkie: 12:40am On Mar 12
Uzorbaby, run thousands of miles from those who tell you to pray about any of this. undecided

This person you call your spouse has continuously cheated on you for 6 straight years because he has intended to cheat on you for 6 years straight. There are no magical powers or spirits behind his cheating. He is a cheater and no one, not even his father or his mother, can be blamed for his cheating. You need to honestly accept this fact so that you never again fall prey to such individuals in a relationship or marriage. At this point in your emotional growth, your mind is trying to reconcile your mind and your reality. undecided

The best you can do for yourself is proceed honestly and that means accepting the facts as they present themself to you. Don't try to minimize or justify any of what your husband has done or continues to do. Simply accept it as his honest contribution to the marriage between you so you can honestly decide for yourself what you deserve and need to do next. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Kobojunkie: 12:40am On Mar 12
Neptunium:
What is his obsession with her? How many kids does she have? Could it be that he fathered her kids?
Why should any of that matter to her? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Neptunium(m): 12:45am On Mar 12
Kobojunkie:
Why should any of that matter to her? undecided
Where did i say it matters ? If he fathered kids outside her marriage, it's an important information she should know as it would let her know how best to move foward with her n her kids. It wouldn't excuse or justify him cheating or committing adultery.
Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Mar 12
Neptunium:
β–  Where did i say it matters ? If he fathered kids outside her marriage, it's an important information she should know as it would let her know how best to move foward with her n her kids. It wouldn't excuse or justify him cheating or committing adultery
What has A to do with B? Why are you desperate to cause this woman to go chasing after shadows she need not concern herself with? What else? Should she also conduct DNA tests on all kids had by his many baby mamas abi wetin? Abeg, make una release OP so she can focus on her own life and wellbeing o'jare! Those women, and their children, no be her concern at all. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Neptunium(m): 12:56am On Mar 12
Kobojunkie:
What has A to do with B? Why are you desperate to cause this woman to go chasing after shadows she need not concern herself with? What else? Should she go conduct DNA tests on all kids had by his many baby mamas abi wetin? Abeg, make una release OP so she can focus on her own life and wellbeing o'jare! Those women, and their children, no be her concern at all. undecided

Ahh ahnn, wetin na? I'm allowed to respond to threads the same way you are. It's called freedom of speech, auntie. You're always parading threads about hot-headed, policing people's comments like say people's matters concern you. All i did was ask a question. I didn't ask her to do anything. She ain't gotta do nothing she don't want to.
Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Kobojunkie: 12:59am On Mar 12
Neptunium:
β–  Ahh ahnn, wetin na? I'm allowed to respond to threads the same way you are. It's called freedom of speech, auntie. You're always hot-headed on threads, policing people's comments like say people's matters concern you. All i did was ask a question. She ain't gotta do nothing she don't want to.
I am just concerned that OP, already depressed by it all, may find herself obsessing over things that she should not even concern herself with at all. undecided

Nothing good comes from a woman obsessing over the woman her husband is cheating on her withβ€” absolutely nothing β€” particularly in Nigeria where the law provides the woman not much say in these cases. I have seen how that bug causes Nigerian women to turn into monsters, some shadows of their former selves, all to defend or try to save what is a failed marriage. (Once a partner resorts to cheating over extended periods without even a pause for air, that marriage, is failed since marriage is meant to be built, every moment of it, on the agreement between a man and a woman.) Enter any one church in Nigeria and you will find it is filled with women, blinded by what is no longer love but obsessive behavior, all praying and fasting, in bitterness, for their failed marriages to be resurrected. OP's focus should be on one thing and one thing only and that is coming up with enough money to escape the side-show of a marriage she has been enduring for over 6 years now. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Neptunium(m): 1:30am On Mar 12
Kobojunkie:
I am just concerned that OP, already depressed by it all, may find herself obsessing over things that she should not even concern herself with at all. undecided

Nothing good comes from a woman obsessing over the woman her husband is cheating on her withβ€” absolutely nothing β€” particularly in Nigeria where the law provides the woman not much say in these cases. I have seen how that bug causes Nigerian women to turn into monsters, some shadows of their former selves, all to defend or try to save what is a failed marriage. (Once a partner resorts to cheating over extended periods without even a pause for air, that marriage, is failed since marriage is meant to be built, every moment of it, on the agreement between a man and a woman.) Enter any one church in Nigeria and you will find it is filled with women, blinded by what is no longer love but obsessive behavior, all praying and fasting, in bitterness, for their failed marriages to be resurrected. OP's focus should be on one thing and one thing only and that is coming up with enough money to escape the side-show of a marriage she has been enduring for over 6 years now. lipsrsealed

k
Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:33am On Mar 12
You say It is just recently that you opened a business, whereas your husband dated a single mother recently, and opened a business for her?......hmm. when you give him your money and he gives the other woman what do you think? Hopefully other women will read your posts and receive wisdom.
Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by poshestmina(f): 3:01am On Mar 12
I sincerely hope your friends, families ,neighbors are calling you ODOGWU NWANYI ,Good wife ,ENDURING ENDURANCE with enough 'Eyaaaa,doooh ,Chaiiii"?

Na that one go pain me pass now.

3 kids and he's busy training the ones Deaconess single mother has for some other man!!!?.
Eyaaaah, Chaaaaaai! Endy,please Endure!
Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by talk2hb1(m): 4:56am On Mar 12
Uzorbaby:
Good evening house, I opened a new account for this issues. This is my ninth years in marriage with 3 kids and since the third year till now the problem I keep having with my husband is infidelity, when ever I catch him he apologises but still continues. Recently I found out he is into a single mother who claim to be a deconess and he opened a business for her and doesn't feel apologetic about it, this same lady when I had not discovered their affairs he sends her his last card and begs me for money. He calls her everyday , video calls her and sends her money frequently.right now I feel faustrated and depressed.
I will really love to leave him and rent a house close to my shop but the amount to do that will greatly affect my business
if I do that because I just started it 3 months ago. I just need someone I can talk to, gist about normal stuff of life so that my mind can move away from him pending when I will be able to rent a house. I just want to be happy
A King never Cheats, they take. Know this and you know peace

He hustle and earned those money he spent on you and the other woman, yet you want to monopolize him. You are so ungrateful and selfish.
What are you lacking to begin with, is he depriving you of anything?

Your Husband must be a king πŸ‘‘, you are yet to tell us full details of what's going on.
Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Jewessgratitud3: 5:09am On Mar 12
immortalcrown:
Don't leave your matrimonial home unless you want to jump from frying pan to fire.

For now, just be speaking to him and to those he listens to. Infidelity is very bad.

It battles me when I hear people saying dont leave your matrimonial home when the marriage is clearly putting ones life on the line.

The Man is unapologetically cheating on her right in her face without any remorse and you say she should hang in there? For what exactly? So the Man can bring home an incurable disease and infect her, that will now be her gain for being a " good" and " submissive" wife?

I believe op as an adult should know what to do. In this time and age where your next door neighbor might be having the dreaded disease, I don't think it's advisable to condone a cheating partner. Not worth it.
Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Georgekyrian(m): 5:38am On Mar 12
budaatum:

According to your image below, there is nothing like strong woman, clear your head
Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Fiscus105(m): 5:55am On Mar 12
Uzorbaby:

That's how several men destroy their beauty family and Marriage, in which they would be blaming Marriage institution rather than they themselves, but before you do that, think critically about ur kids, their welfare, and the next man that you urself will start having affair with, will be different from your husband?.........so that, your case won't be like story of a wife that divorces her husband in which she latter comes back and become, the side chick of that husband after the previous side chick becomes full wife.
Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Kobojunkie: 5:56am On Mar 12
Georgekyrian:
βˆ† According to your image below, there is nothing like strong woman, clear your head
Neither one of your mother, grandmothers, sisters or aunt exhibit the characteristics of a strong women? They were/are all just weak examples of women? undecided
Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Freelancerr(m): 7:34am On Mar 12
Enjoy your marriage.
When them go tell Una to know who you are getting married to Una go de talk privacy privacy.

Enjoy my dear.

For others

Anyways if any one wants to learn how to read their cheating partner WhatsApp message, before you marry him /her
I'll teach you for 1500.

My number is on my signature text me on WhatsApp
Re: My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed by Bongadu: 8:01am On Mar 12
How much does it cost to relocate and rent a decent apartment??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do People Get Married? / How Do I Overcome The Phobia Of Public Speaking? / Why I Love Nigerian Marriages/Relationships!!!! OPINIONS!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.