Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" (30082 Views)

MURIC To NBC, Others: Ban Portable’s ‘Kuku Do Ritual' / NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs / NBC Bans Olamide's "Science Student" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by achi4u(m): 3:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hausas and yorubas has committed atrocities and genocide against their fellow countrymen.

Nigeria will never stand, not when the blood of the innocents souls keep crying and more killings continues at the same time.

5 Likes

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by RoyalUc(m): 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
vedaxcool:
Info fm na agbero station. He should have the decency to tell us what context he made such assertion.

The way Nigerians react to everything in an emotional way surprises me.
Are we saying anybody should just go on air and say anything because we are in a democracy?

We all watch and listen to foreign media outfits. Even certain words are not allowed on air.

Nigeria mata tire me sha
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by RoyalUc(m): 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2017
agbangam:

we all need to becareful wit d kind of freedom of speech we are demanding for, some so call freedom of speech can cause chaos just like it did in Rewadan. Those so called politicians have means to leave d country wen it burns just like Syria while d ordinary citizens becomes d victims of d stuupid freedom of speech.
U guys need to watch documentaries on Syria war, too much freedom of everything can lead to untold hardship

Don't mind (some) Nigerians. the only people that want to drive forward on reverse gear. We want a decent society but without decency and discipline in our actions.

If China, North Korea achieve any great feat, we will be quick to compare and condemn Nigeria but in those countries, Government fully own and regulated internet facilities, even e-mails are checked.

There is no country that allows absolute freedom of (press) information and even speech, not even the pretentious US.

1 Like

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by IkpuMmadu: 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
Tolexander:
If you are really serious about the Biafra issue, you will go home to agitate and not be hiding behind an anonymous monicker to crave for secession.

Very predictable....I knew it and he said it

LoL

I am here to take the chunk of money in your place and send them back to my place

LoL

2 Likes

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 05, 2017
I saw it coming. I won't forget sitting in front of the television with my brother watching the presidential elections progress. My brother was pro Buhari who was clearly in the lead. I agonized but my brother was very jubilant. "End of corruption and impunity'', he exclaimed. "This man will cage all these thieves", he enthused. But I didn't support GEJ because I saw him fit as a good president. I supported him because Buhari was not a better option. His antecedents don't speak good of his capacity to run a diverse and heterogeneous country like Nigeria. Today my brother regrets the choice he made. He admitted so in phone conversation this morning.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by DONSMITH123(m): 5:06pm On Oct 05, 2017
which way naija

2 Likes

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by free2ryhme: 5:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
Raziii:
So alot of you heard about the proposed media censorship sometime ago, which the govt denied. Well it looks like its true after all as this afternoon, a talk show on radio was abruptly ended after the NBC called and asked for the show to be taken down.

Popular political analyst Chxta was talking about the #AsabaMassacre.

What's your take guys?

Screenshots below.

This APC govt is a huge joke

3 Likes

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by suremanpatriot: 5:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
It was genocidal,why open old wounds? God knows best
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by ARISTOCRATDAMMY1(m): 5:12pm On Oct 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by Bizibi(m): 5:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
Tolexander:
what is this one saying undecided
he said you can educate us on what happened that day in asaba during the civil war.

4 Likes

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by Opakan2: 5:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
Asaba kor.. Asadi ni grin

They should have locked you up for discussing such. Nonsense!
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by YelloweWest: 5:14pm On Oct 05, 2017
Freedom of speech.... gone!

1 Like

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by Raziii(m): 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
RoyalUc:

Don't mind (some) Nigerians. the only people that want to drive forward on reverse gear. We want a decent society but without decency and discipline in our actions.

If China, North Korea achieve any great feat, we will be quick to compare and condemn Nigeria but in those countries, Government fully own and regulated internet facilities, even e-mails are checked.

There is no country that allows absolute freedom of (press) information and even speech, not even the pretentious US.
Give an example of ways the United States censors press freedom. Just one!

4 Likes

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by Opakan2: 5:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
ARISTOCRATDAMMY1:
this Totally wrong .....NBC no get better work ,The Asaba massacre is siemthjngt that needs to be discussed .....we can't keep shying away from the truth

Trash..

We should be discussing the innocent women and children biafran soldiers raped and defiled under ojukwu.
Or those they killed in the SS of today for declining to be part of biafra.

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by CaptainFM1: 5:20pm On Oct 05, 2017
KEVIND:
THE ASABA MASSACRE

The Federal troops entered Asaba around October 5, and began ransacking houses and killing civilians, claiming they were Biafran sympathisers. Leaders summoned the towns people to assemble on the morning of October 7, hoping to end the violence through a show of support for "One Nigeria." Hundreds of men, women, and children, many wearing the ceremonial akwa ocha (white) attire paraded along the main street, singing, dancing, and chanting "One Nigeria." At a junction, men and teenage boys were separated from women and young children, and gathered in an open square at Ogbe-Osowa village.
Federal troops revealed machine guns, and orders were given, reportedly by Second-in-Command, Maj. Ibrahim Taiwo , to open fire. It is estimated that more than 700 men and boys were killed, some as young as 12 years old, in addition to many more killed in the preceding days.
The bodies of some victims were retrieved by family members and buried at home. But most were buried in [mass grave]]s, without appropriate ceremony. Many extended families lost dozens of men and boys.
Federal troops occupied Asaba for many months, during which time most of the town was destroyed, many women and girls were raped or forcibly "married," and large numbers of citizens fled, often not returning until the war ended in 1970.

SUSPECT:

Ibrahim B. Haruna has sometimes been named as the officer who ordered the massacre, following a report of his testimony to the Nigerian Human Rights Violations Investigations Commission, known as the Oputa Panel.

Now, I see no single reason I should like Nigerian government. Its my view. If you don't like it, or consider it "Hate Speech", wait till Python Dance on you!

3 Likes

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by CaptainFM1: 5:24pm On Oct 05, 2017
suremanpatriot:
It was genocidal,why open old wounds? God knows best

Some wounds just won't heal. There's no need to patch it up! My people want Biafra Republic, Oodua Nations, Niger Deltans..., Is that difficult to give Rather, "they" kept pouring salts on the wounds!

2 Likes

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by eagleeye2: 5:25pm On Oct 05, 2017
grin
Na so.... I am actually not disappointed. Those that believe Buhari is the man for the Top job in this country are yet to wail.
Proudly a 'Wailing wailer'.

1 Like

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by eagleeye2: 5:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
Opakan2:

Trash..

We should be discussing the innocent women and children biafran soldiers raped and defiled under ojukwu.

Rubbish!
Please who has ever stopped you from doing that?

5 Likes

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by sonnie10: 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
Tolexander:
Many of these people posting above me know nothing about the massacre in Asaba during the civil war o.

It isn't something that is meant to be really discussed on air.

Go to downtown Boston and see the names of all those who were killed in the holocaust written on a tower of marble in the center of the most popular street for all to see.

6 Likes

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by logica(m): 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2017
Opakan2:

Trash..

Rubbish!
Aha
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by Grundig: 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2017
This probably explains Nelly's absence on air today. She anchored the program yesterday.

1 Like

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
This is just the beginning grin buhari is a Mad mullah.
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by Opakan2: 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
eagleeye2:

Please who has ever stopped you from doing that?

Doing so is pointless to me.. would only pile up the disdain I have for ojukwus a.k.a flatt.ies

I hate hypocrisy especially those who play victims when indeed they are worse off.
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by Daeylar(f): 5:32pm On Oct 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by Daeylar(f): 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2017
Agentsmith002:
. you have really mingled well with the Easterners and you are dating an Igbo girl. stop saying bad about the igbos because to me ,you are more Igbo than you know, you live in aba for that matter ooo

The fact that he has mingled with Igbos and is dating an Igbo girl and lives in aba doesn't necessary mean he likes Igbos
The same way a white person dating a black person doesn't mean they can't be or are not racist.

3 Likes

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2017
RoyalUc:

Shut up there!
What has Trump done to those that continually insult and abuse him. What has the American government done to the KKK, neo-nazis, et al.
Are China and N Korea democratic countries? Disgusting!

7 Likes

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by Daeylar(f): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
misterme:

Is this not the more reason why this aspect of our history should be discussed? If it causes you so much pain just reading it, how about the Asaba people who were the victims?
The ONLY way victims of genocide can ever heal and perhaps forgive is if there is an open discussion on the issue and an open acknowledgement of mistakes and wrongdoing. Many countries have adopted this approach in bringing healing and closure to their population. Examples include Rwanda, South Africa and Europe after WW11.
So I ask again why do u really think Nigeria should not address the pains of the civil war? Are we afraid of the truth? No wonder Nigerian history is not taught in schools. Until we as a nation are bold enough to address this issue, the anger and perhaps hatred will continue, sometimes buried underneath the skin and resurfaces at the slightest reminder or provocation

Don't mind the guy, it too bad for him. who is he?
A tribe wants to talk about a massacre that was done to them and he is desperately trying to make himself relevant

mtttttcccccheeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,

3 Likes

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by tonob: 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
The Asaba massacre was intentional. It was designed to wipe away the entire Anioma region. My parents told me that one of my uncles was killed a day after the war was called off. This story I have passed on to my kids to be wary of the Fulanis and never to have anything to do with them for life.

6 Likes

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by karashita: 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2017
People feel once they have an opportunity to be on air,they can say whatever they please.
What are the unresolved scars of Biafra?Who will resolve them?
The promo of that episode of the programme alone,is enough to stop the programme from airing at all.The times call for Media houses to know when not to aid some people with hidden agenda,in futther disintegrating the country.

1 Like

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 05, 2017
Omeokachie:
Nigerians exchanged freedom for chains.

pink floyd
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by arsenal33: 6:00pm On Oct 05, 2017
GreyLaw:
What do you expect when 15million Nigerians voted Buhari to power?!?

Enjoy his despotic tendencies.

And for those expecting Buhari to lose 2019 presidential elections, sorry. The man will win by the vote or by guns.

Jonathan did worse to Leadership newspapers and people did not shout depot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) / Let's Save Majek Fashek / The New Waves (dready Boys)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.