Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" (30075 Views)

MURIC To NBC, Others: Ban Portable’s ‘Kuku Do Ritual' / NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs / NBC Bans Olamide's "Science Student" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by BetaThings: 8:47am On Oct 06, 2017
YelloweWest:
Freedom of speech.... gone!

I hope you know that Jonathan was less tolerant of criticism
Compare the experience of Gov Fayose under Buhari and that of Gov Amaechi under Jonathan
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by BetaThings: 8:51am On Oct 06, 2017
mytym:

We warned them. The best thing GEJ did for this country is the FOI Law. And the first victim of the Freedom Of Information bill/law was GEJ himself. It allowed citizens to criticize anyone with reckless abandon. It also revealed alot.

PMB benefited from the FOI but now his administration is almost returning to a military dictatorship...Witchunting people and making desperate attempts at muting our expressionism.

Jonathan was arm twisted to sign the FOI Law. He did less than 8 weeks before 2011 election. Fact that cannot be controverted
It was not his idea
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by decency12(m): 9:08am On Oct 06, 2017
Following
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by webngnews: 9:13am On Oct 06, 2017
Hmm
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by TheRealestGuy(m): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2017
Tolexander:
Many of these people posting above me know nothing about the massacre in Asaba during the civil war o.

It isn't something that is meant to be really discussed on air.

Why shouldn't it be discussed?

This idea of blotting out our history will only cause more issues in future.

Nigeria wants Igbos to forget all the atrocities committed against them before, during and after the oil war but we won't.

Until Nigeria apologizes and offers restitution for the evil committed against Igbos in those times, it will never know peace.

Never!

1 Like

Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by mytym(m): 10:41am On Oct 06, 2017
BetaThings:

Jonathan was arm twisted to sign the FOI Law. He did less than 8 weeks before 2011 election. Fact that cannot be controverted
It was not his idea

Yes, the same way he was 'arm twisted' to sign all the billions for Dasuki, Deizani and the likes right?

Even if it was 1day before election, He still did eventually. And the truth is that no administration allowed information like his administration, this is the only reason the corruption in his administration was open to all.
Let PMB also allow the freedom of information and expression Jonathan allowed and stop censoring our wits.
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 06, 2017
RoyalUc:

I am sorry bro. I don't normally respond to comments with insults and abuses.
Sorry if I offended you.
Yes you really offended me
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by RoyalUc(m): 12:26pm On Oct 06, 2017
Fyi0:

Yes you really offended me

Sorry about that. I didn't really mean to hurt. Ndo o
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by IJOBA2: 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2017
BetaThings:

You are unduly annoying
Did I ever call Nnamdi Kanu or Jonathan your Prophet?
DId you come here for a discussion without rancour or you just want polemics?
WHY ARE YOU DENYING PROPHET BUHARI NA
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by GreyLaw(m): 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2017
BetaThings:

No, N13m people did not believe what Jonathan did was wrong

I don't think so. 13m people actually knew that Jonathan was far better than Buhari!

Tell me one thing the previous government did that this government is not doing worse? People are still looting by awarding dubious contracts, the economy is battered, the president doesn't respect the freedom and opinions of the people, etc.

Whatever Jonathan's government did, every other administration before him did same and even worse, so what are we saying.

I did not vote in the last presidential elections, but those who voted for Jonathan did so because they knew Buhari had absolutely nothing to offer, and they did not have a choice than to vote for the devil they knew.
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by esosa4real(m): 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2017
Oga080666419419:
The uncircumcised pigs here will come tell you that in Saudi they don't talk anyhow.

Didn't get the saudi part. Pls can you expantiate?
Re: NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" by kcy(m): 6:37am On Oct 09, 2017
TheRealestGuy:

Why shouldn't it be discussed?

This idea of blotting out our history will only cause more issues in future.

Nigeria wants Igbos to forget all the atrocities committed against them before, during and after the oil war but we won't.

Until Nigeria apologizes and offers restitution for the evil committed against Igbos in those times, it will never know peace.

Never!
and u think u will also kwn peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) / Let's Save Majek Fashek / The New Waves (dready Boys)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.