Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,408 members, 7,954,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:13 AM

Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan (12567 Views)

Senate Presidency/House Speakership: Trouble Looms In APC / Fresh Crisis Looms In Rivers Amaechi Hold LG Polls On May 23, PDP Against Move / Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by mekusxxx: 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2010
Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan
March 08, 2010 10:41 (6 hours ago), 101 views

A whiff of inter-religious discontent is wafting across Ibadan

By Gbenro Adesina/Ibadan

Ibadan, capital of Oyo State, may be the next theatre of inter-religious violence. Already, certain leaders of the two major religions, Islam and Christianity, have started swapping threats. In mosques across the city, Muslims have been circulating tracts alleging that Christians have been demonising Islam and if this is not checked, said prominent Muslims, it could result in the burning of churches, killing and maiming of Christians, especially pastors and founders of churches.

Dr. Amoo Dauda of Oyo State Chapter of National Council of Muslim Youth Organisation, NACOMYO, said: “We are warning Christians. Enough of this rubbish. We don’t want religious confrontation in the state. There can’t be peace where there is no respect for others.” He called on the government to stop the circulation of a film, Take Heed, produced and marketed by Christ Chosen Vessels Dance Drama Ministry, aka Alfa Sule in Ibadan.

Take Heed, he said, contains messages considered offensive to Muslim sensiblities because they misrepresent Islam.

For full details, demand the 15th March, 2010 issue of TheNEWS from your vendor now.

Foreign Operations: UK/EUROPE AGENT
Jay Magazines & Newspaper Distribution
Unit 21 Brockley Cross
Business Centre,
96 Endwell Road, London SE42PD
Tel:020-7635-8888
07976-628-251
Fax: 0207-635-5568
E-Mail: Jaymags@aol.com

QUALITY NETWORK SERVICES
Unit 9, Meridian Centre, 258 Kingsland Road, London E8 4DG
Tel: 0208 525 1689, 0207 254 0371, 0956413 293
E-mail: fataiabiola2000@yahoo.com
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 4:56pm On Mar 08, 2010
I pray this is not true, cos this is the last thing that Nigeria needs at present.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by ElRazur: 4:57pm On Mar 08, 2010
Awesome!

Other nations try to develop, we are still there killing each other. I love Nigeria. grin

PS

Seriously, rumours? grin
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 4:58pm On Mar 08, 2010
ElRazur:

Awesome!

Other nations try to develop, we are still there killing each other. I love Nigeria. grin

PS

Seriously, rumours? grin

I hope it is a rumor, cos this will be really sad
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by jumobi1(m): 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2010
This might ginger a more divided divide in the divided Nigeria. Time to get divisive.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by hillsate: 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2010
see me see trouble oh. wetin carry muslim man go watch christian movie? na wa oh!
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by ojimboIV: 5:02pm On Mar 08, 2010
knock knock!
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 5:04pm On Mar 08, 2010
ojimbo IV:

knock knock!

Who is there?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by olafolarin(m): 5:15pm On Mar 08, 2010
hillsate:

see me see trouble oh. wetin carry muslim man go watch christian movie? na wa oh!

Na wahala dem dey find?
I hope the stupid bleaching governor will call religion conference in the state and address the issues before it escalates into another Jos mayhem,
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by ojimboIV: 5:16pm On Mar 08, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Who is there?

Ah Me!
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by sjeezy8: 5:20pm On Mar 08, 2010
lol this is funny

In mosques across the city, Muslims have been circulating tracts alleging that Christians have been demonising Islam and if this is not checked, said prominent Muslims, it could result in the burning of churches, killing and maiming of Christians, especially pastors and founders of churches.

Dr. Amoo Dauda of Oyo State Chapter of National Council of Muslim Youth Organisation, NACOMYO, said: “We are warning Christians. Enough of this rubbish. We don’t want religious confrontation in the state. There can’t be peace where there is no respect for others.”

In other words lets stop christians from demonising islam by giving them a warning before burning of churches, killing and maiming of Christians, especially pastors and founders of churches starts. undecided
Doesnt make sense if you trying to prove people about Islam not being violent why do all this?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by asha80(m): 5:21pm On Mar 08, 2010
olafolarin:

Na wahala dem dey find?
I hope the silly bleaching governor will call religion conference in the state and address the issues[b] before it escalates into another Jos mayhem,
[/b]

I doubt it will reach that extent.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by strangleyo: 5:23pm On Mar 08, 2010
Ibadan is a Christian city though.

The battle would be over pretty quickly.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 08, 2010
Surprise Surprise
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by sjeezy8: 5:33pm On Mar 08, 2010
Ibadan isnt a christian city nor is it muslim.

Ibadan wont get like Jos unless the fulanis and hausas who live in ibadan and oyo state are the ones burning the churches. But they tried it in Lagos instead of christian vs muslim it turned into yoruba vs hausas.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by bawomolo(m): 5:37pm On Mar 08, 2010
the southwest has been assumed to have liberal Muslims, this may turn out not to be the case.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 5:44pm On Mar 08, 2010
ojimbo IV:

Ah Me!

Ah Me, who?
asha 80:

[/b]

I doubt it will reach that extent.

Dont be too sure, i will advice that the govt start doing something about all these things
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by sjeezy8: 5:49pm On Mar 08, 2010
bawomolo:

the southwest has been assumed to have liberal Muslims, this may turn out not to be the case.

haha lmfao

Like Terrorist in the SW jk.
scary tho lipsrsealed
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by bawomolo(m): 5:52pm On Mar 08, 2010
sjeezy8:

haha lmfao

Like Terrorist in the SW jk.
scary tho lipsrsealed

oga sjeezy, are you an alhaji cool
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by sjeezy8: 5:56pm On Mar 08, 2010
bawomolo:

oga sjeezy, are you an alhaji cool

I just thought about all this imagine sharia law implemented in govt in the SW no music, no dancing no owambe parties, No fuji music- Wasiu and co . . .

lol alhaji - Christ 4 life but if anyone is a muslim thats there own problem I wont kill them lipsrsealed
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 6:11pm On Mar 08, 2010
Not in Oyo State. It can never happen

I am from oyo state and almost Every family have xtians and Moslems so you expect me to take arms against my cousins? It cant happen na just threat.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by sjeezy8: 6:14pm On Mar 08, 2010
dayokanu:

I am from oyo state and almost Every family have xtians and Moslems so you expect me to take arms against my cousins? It cant happen na just threat.

lol
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Beaf: 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2010
dayokanu:

. . .Until you hear gboa!
Govt and every jack better take this incredibly serious, that bull must never come down south. The id!ot that made the threat should be tried and jailed for a very long time, because it is a criminal offence. Don't forget that Al Qaeda expressed interest in Nigeria in January, better to do something before common sense comes under seige as in Jos.
If you don't like something go to court, not threaten lives and property. WTF!
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 6:39pm On Mar 08, 2010
The guy who issued the statement is just an attention seeker.

I am 70% sure that in his family he has at least 5 xtians. Maybe his son or daughter married a xtian so he should start by killing his inlaws first.

The Jos crisis involves people of different tribes. Hausa/Fulani vs Berom/Angas

This one would be Mr Ajayi vs Alhaji Ajayi (The 2 of them brothers/cousins)
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by AndreUweh(m): 8:10pm On Mar 08, 2010
I lived in Ibadan for ages and can speak their language. I was also in Ibadan when war between christians and those guys were averted.
They wanted the huge cross in front of the Chapel of Resurrection at Unibadan uprooted and removed. Christians refused and stood their ground despite several muslim threats.
What ever the case, Christians are ready and am sure victory will be very certain.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by snowdrops(m): 8:14pm On Mar 08, 2010
Andre Uweh:

I lived in Ibadan for ages and can speak their language. I was also in Ibadan when war between christians and those guys were averted.
They wanted the huge cross in front of the Chapel of Resurrection at Unibadan uprooted and removed. Christians refused and stood their ground despite several muslim threats.
What ever the case, Christians are ready and am sure victory will be very certain.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by amarilo: 8:49pm On Mar 08, 2010
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm we are watching.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 8:51pm On Mar 08, 2010
They wanted the huge cross in front of the Chapel of Resurrection at Unibadan uprooted and removed. Christians refused  and stood their ground despite several muslim threats.

Moslems are typically troublesome people. Looking for wahala where none exists.

At a time, they wanted female students in Secondary schools in Oyo state to use Hijab even in Missionary schools like St Annes and St Loius. They wanted Quran recited at the assembly ground while they dont pray the xtian way at Ansar U deen Grammar school assembly.

They were swiftly dsmissed that any parent who doesnt like the xtian prayers at St Annes can withdraw his daughter/son to Anwar U deen where they do what he likes
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 08, 2010
dayokanu:

Moslems are typically troublesome people. Looking for wahala where none exists.

At a time, they wanted female students in Secondary schools in Oyo state to use Hijab even in Missionary schools like St Annes and St Loius. They wanted Quran recited at the assembly ground while they dont pray the xtian way at Ansar U deen Grammar school assembly.

They were swiftly dsmissed that any parent who doesnt like the xtian prayers at St Annes can withdraw his daughter/son to Anwar U deen where they do what he likes

I wish others will start developing a backbone. time to stand up against these tyrants pushing the agenda of satan.
those who dont like crosses at UI can pack up to Madonna university or go to Yemen.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Onlytruth(m): 9:02pm On Mar 08, 2010
Beaf:

. . .Until you hear gboa!
Govt and every jack better take this incredibly serious, that bull must never come down south. The id!ot that made the threat should be tried and jailed for a very long time, because it is a criminal offence. Don't forget that Al Qaeda expressed interest in Nigeria in January, better to do something before common sense comes under seige as in Jos.
If you don't like something go to court, not threaten lives and property. WTF!

Exactly my sentiments. . . These things are never planned.  undecided
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by lannre(m): 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2010
I am proud to be a muslim and will like us to be cautious when we judge people base on their utterance and action. Islam is a religion of peace and that is divine. Problems with those who instead of preach what is in the scriptures (both Muslims and Xtians) is Sycophancy ,how do we say we know more than the Almighty God who created us. How many of our wrong doings have we been punished for ? Can we really fight in the true Religious way ? How many soul are we winning by out attitudes. I love the  recent speech  by Pastor Tunde Bakare when he said he hates the word religion (that its a bondage) he said he prefers faith. Who are we deceiving ,even all of us posting here ,what have we done in our different beliefs to impress our own heart that we are what we preach.  Go ye into the world and preach the gospel ! that's what the Bible said and the Quran also emphasis that no one is good in speech than someone who call others to prayer. How long are we going to continue with all this ? Tribal & Religious  sentiments and we need a change  !
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by sjeezy8: 9:19pm On Mar 08, 2010
lannre:

I am proud to be a muslim and will like us to be cautious when we judge people base on their utterance and action. Islam is a religion of peace and that is divine. Problems with those who instead of preach what is in the scriptures (both Muslims and Xtians) is Sycophancy ,how do we say we know more than the Almighty God who created us. How many of our wrong doings have we been punished for ? Can we really fight in the true Religious way ? How many soul are we winning by out attitudes. I love the  recent speech  by Pastor Tunde Bakare when he said he hates the word religion (that its a bondage) he said he prefers faith. Who are we deceiving ,even all of us posting here ,what have we done in our different beliefs to impress our own heart that we are what we preach.  Go ye into the world and preach the gospel ! that's what the Bible said and the Quran also emphasis that no one is good in speech than someone who call others to prayer. How long are we going to continue with all this ? Tribal & Religious  sentiments and we need a change  !

ummm sorry to say but this shouldnt be preached to christians but rather muslims in the mosque. LETS BE HONEST
We know quran doesnt say kill people and neither does the bible.
But why do some say

Muslims have been circulating tracts alleging that Christians have been demonising Islam and if this is not checked, said prominent Muslims, it could result in the burning of churches, killing and maiming of Christians, especially pastors and founders of churches.

“We are warning Christians. Enough of this rubbish. We don’t want religious confrontation in the state. There can’t be peace where there is no respect for others.”

You would never hear a christian esp a yoruba christian saying nonsense such as the above statement. So please instead of saying it here when you go to the mosque tell your own muslim bros cause we know christians wont wake up in the middle of the night and start slaughtering people because of what some muslims said negatively about christianity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Multiple Auto-crashes In Kwara Kills 17, Injures 10 / INEC Holds Supplementary Elections On Saturday In Imo, Taraba & Abia / Election: Omo-agege Was Never APC Candidate — Emerhor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.