Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Urgent Help Needed! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Urgent Help Needed! (633 Views)

Urgent Help!! My Fiancee Is Now Addicted To Something Else. I Feel Very Sad / Urgent Help Needed / An Urgent Help With My Boyfriend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed! by moreorless: 10:22pm On Mar 08, 2010
cry
Re: Urgent Help Needed! by Pweety4me(f): 10:25pm On Mar 08, 2010
undecided
Re: Urgent Help Needed! by googles: 10:32pm On Mar 08, 2010
[size=13pt]slap your employer jor [/size]that way you can have not just 4weeks but forever away from your job tongue
Re: Urgent Help Needed! by moreorless: 10:44pm On Mar 08, 2010
its not a joke its an emergency that you guys can't understand
Re: Urgent Help Needed! by justwise(m): 10:52pm On Mar 08, 2010
moreorless:

Please i need to take an extended time off work (more than four weeks) for a reason i do not wish to disclose to my employer and i need a good excuse. Any good suggestion? this is a serious matter please no jesters or smart comments. N.B. i'm in the UK

Taking a month off work is quite along of time, whatever reaon that maybe you need to consider your future in that company, there are alot of jobless who will take your place.

If you are traveling out of UK then you could use family emergency issue as an exuse but seriously you need to think long and hard that this
Re: Urgent Help Needed! by omega25red(m): 10:58pm On Mar 08, 2010
what type of work do you do and do you have vacation time saved up? with this info i can give you an idea. or better yet ask for leave of absence
Re: Urgent Help Needed! by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 09, 2010
@poster
- how long have you worked in that firm?
- can you do your duties away from the office?
- are you indispensable in that firm?

over 4 weeks off work that you do not wish to disclose the reason would be an automatic dismissal in my book, even if one of your parents died (that would only give you 1week off at best!).
Re: Urgent Help Needed! by follypimpi(m): 1:04am On Mar 09, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
- how long have you worked in that firm?
- can you do your duties away from the office?
- are you indispensable in that firm?

over 4 weeks off work that you do not wish to disclose the reason would be an automatic dismissal in my book, even if one of y[b]our parents died (that would only give you 1week off at best!).
[/b]

Are u having a laughing mate Over here in UK @least a month or 2 off.
Re: Urgent Help Needed! by Secretz(f): 1:08am On Mar 09, 2010
well OP, regardless of what some people are saying, the only way you can get that kind of time off is if you lose a parent/sibling or you're really ill. (though I am not suggesting making up 'deaths' about family members). If it is as serious as you claim, you might just have to disclose to your employer. undecided
Re: Urgent Help Needed! by daylae(m): 1:31am On Mar 09, 2010
@poster if your reason(s) of wanting to stay-off work for four weeks is not worth it,think you better reconsider,cus no one is indispensable,unless you want to give your job up to another. Also think that you should be able to tell your employer the reason(s) for your planned absence if its geniune and doesn't go against your company's policy. U can't be smarter than your employers,cus they still own the job, not you.
Re: Urgent Help Needed! by Nobody: 2:30am On Mar 09, 2010
follypimpi:

Are u having a laughing mate Over here in UK @least a month or 2 off.

well  i doubt you will get any paid leave over 7days for parents death in a UK firm unless it was stated on your contract beforehands. 7 days is the norm while 2/3days would be for minor family stuff.you better read that contract of yours again.
of course, if a person wishes to take an unpaid leave on compassionate grounds to deal with the problem at hand  then they could go for "ever", who's gonna stop them? the important question is:"would they have a job when they come back?"

here is a UK link for you to consider:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/Timeoffandholidays/DG_10026555

the poster wishes to take more than a month "holiday"from work, still get paid, for no plausible reason to his employer and get his job back when he returns?!
Re: Urgent Help Needed! by moreorless: 2:33am On Mar 09, 2010
thanks for the help and feedbacks.
Re: Urgent Help Needed! by r231(m): 10:39pm On Mar 09, 2010
whats going on here

(1) (Reply)

Can Some1 Help Me Out / Dissaster Of Being Disvirgin Before Marriage / Safe Dating Tips For Single Women And Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.