Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Marriage Decision - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Decision (409 Views)

Women And Money Decision Issues On Marriage / Jude: The Worst Decision I Ever Made / Pamela Adie: "Coming Out As A Lesbian Is The Best Decision I Ever Made" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Decision by Mune: 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2017
Best Marriage Decision?
Best marriage decision?

Relationship between a man and a woman are impossibly complicated, so making a marriage decision based on a relationship is not quite a black and white situation.
What is the most important factor to make a person marry someone?
Primal forces such as love, fear, ego and lusty drives?

Love?:
Very important considering the sympathetic nature of humans. However, love sometimes is built up when you have been in a relationship with someone for a long time, causing you to even end up loving a person- even if you don't like them initially.., someone who you know their whole story, the fact that they rely on you. This is the kind of love you feel for your family and closest friends and can exist in full force even after the feeling of being in love has faded. For many people, this brings about a deep emotional connection that makes breaking apart inconceivable. This is an important factor in making a decision clearly albeit for a few lucky ones.

Fear?:
Dying alone, loneliness, regret of refusing to do so, time passing away and biological clock ticking etc can make a person decide to get married. For some lucky ones, the decision to get married based on fear works for them perfectly well while others may end up probably being a tragedy.

Ego?:
Some people make a decision based on ego ie they have a picture of an ideal partner in their mind-they based their decision on appearance, age, family, background, intelligence, job, wealth, general personality type etc. Like fear above, it work for some and not others.

Lusty drives?:
Cannot make any comment on this.
In my opinion, the decision to get married should come from your gut. Human beings have a way of knowing whether something is right or not. Some little voice in your head will tell you 'this is right, just go ahead'. Similarly, a combination of some of the factors above, can make someone to draw up conclusion based on the convictions that yes, this is it.

In summary, I think there is no general litmus test to determine a clear cut reason to make such a decision, but your gut, love and some deal breakers ie what and what you don't want from a relationship or from a potential partner should be an important guiding principle in choosing a life partner.

Nobody will want to end up with a liability as a life partner. Nobody will want to end up in an unhappy marriage and life for eternity, so don't look down on anyone because he/she is in the process of making such an important decision. Like I said above, is not a black and white situation.
Peace!!!

http://abbasgarba..com.ng/2017/10/best-marriage-decision.html?m=1
Re: Marriage Decision by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2017
Tolerance is very important.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Social Media Has Ruined Dating Forever / Why Is Nigerian Girls Abhor Marring Male Teachers / 5 Secret Ways To Keep Your Man To Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.