Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,284 members, 7,811,837 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. (47499 Views)

Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack / Explosion At Chemical Site In Germany Shakes Leverkusen (Pictures, Video) / Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:54am On Oct 08, 2017
Ghana and Gas explosion sef undecided
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by Legendaryarcher(f): 6:01am On Oct 08, 2017
God have mercy shocked
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by MissJoy29(f): 6:04am On Oct 08, 2017
yachal:
I really bless God for His mercies endureth forever. I live very close to that area. I was abt to go to total station but a friend held me down with gist

Some minutes later while i was locking my door, i heard the first explosion. Mhen,the whole place lit up like it was 12noon. Out of curiousity i went closer( was close to the taxi park/shashee area) I stopped wen i saw a lady sitting on the floor crying,obviously she ran from the makert after the first explosion

I stood down n tried to ask why she was ceying?what she saw,or if any of her family was affected.That question increased her tears, she laid her head on my knees n wept bitterly like a little child. 5mins later low n behold the second explosion sounded.Where i was i could feel the heat.Before u could say 'Jesus is lord' everyone started running. I ran bare-footed towards the shashee area for hours in the rain (come see the way oloshos dey run even pass the guyz)

Their was a power cut,many oloshos fell into gutter while running.We could still feel The heat from the inferno.I was so scared, i asked myself 'is this how i wud die just like that?'

We adviced ourselves to avoid filling stations cos the gas might link up...A good samaritian driving a pick up van offered to give us a ride to adenta estate. We where just sooo many, only abt twenty of us could get in.From the back of d van we could still see the fire.So scaring.I just wonder how hell fire wud be. Lord please dont let me go to hell.

Am presently at a strangers house at adenta, cant sleep ,very wet n cold .And am still trying to recover from the shock..
chai! Thank God for your life. So what's the situation now?
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by makydebbie(f): 6:16am On Oct 08, 2017
TourismMan:
So no more other pictures apart from just the only picture posted? Internet should be filled with pictures as regard this kind of big incident. So where are the other pictures and videos?

Meanwhile, it is well. May God take control over everything.
I posted some pictures in page one. See them here.

Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by makydebbie(f): 6:18am On Oct 08, 2017
yachal:
I really bless God for His mercies endureth forever. I live very close to that area. I was abt to go to total station but a friend held me down with gist

Some minutes later while i was locking my door, i heard the first explosion. Mhen,the whole place lit up like it was 12noon. Out of curiousity i went closer( was close to the taxi park/shashee area) I stopped wen i saw a lady sitting on the floor crying,obviously she ran from the makert after the first explosion

I stood down n tried to ask why she was ceying?what she saw,or if any of her family was affected.That question increased her tears, she laid her head on my knees n wept bitterly like a little child. 5mins later low n behold the second explosion sounded.Where i was i could feel the heat.Before u could say 'Jesus is lord' everyone started running. I ran bare-footed towards the shashee area for hours in the rain (come see the way oloshos dey run even pass the guyz)

Their was a power cut,many oloshos fell into gutter while running.We could still feel The heat from the inferno.I was so scared, i asked myself 'is this how i wud die just like that?'

We adviced ourselves to avoid filling stations cos the gas might link up...A good samaritian driving a pick up van offered to give us a ride to adenta estate. We where just sooo many, only abt twenty of us could get in.From the back of d van we could still see the fire.So scaring.I just wonder how hell fire wud be. Lord please dont let me go to hell.

Am presently at a strangers house at adenta, cant sleep ,very wet n cold .And am still trying to recover from the shock..
Jeez! Thank God for your life and safety!! I don't know if it's safe tho, I'm sure today the president or a representative would be there. You can leave this afternoon but people are not passing that area now so you'll take another route.

1 Like

Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by Amigo101(m): 6:32am On Oct 08, 2017
I hope everyone around there is safe. Come to think of it.. There is a hotel in Ikeja with a fuel station right under it! God forbid bad thing!
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by iluvpomo(m): 6:33am On Oct 08, 2017
In a morbid way, the explosion sort of depicts the chances of black stars making it to the 2018 world cup.

2 Likes

Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by msalami(m): 6:39am On Oct 08, 2017
God will protect all of them....... it's quite unfortunate and GAS is another business average Nigerian business men are venturing in to now without adequate provision for any unpleasant day like this..........
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by Ojuororun(m): 6:45am On Oct 08, 2017
Eyah i pity them o embarassed
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by Swanzi(m): 6:57am On Oct 08, 2017
makydebbie:
A fuel station has exploded at Atomic junction in Accra.

The incident happened at about 7:30pm and it's still going on though rain is falling heavily and ECG has taken power.

The fire was said to have started at a Total Fuel station and extended to another station. Pls if you've any family and love ones there call.

It's happening close to my house and from what I can see, (the smoke and everything) it's a big one.

Ghanaians on this forum and Nigerians in Ghana Accra, hope you're safe? I really pray it's not a repeat of June 3rd disaster. God help us. cry

Cc lalasticlala, seun.
Iamord
Leathalbeast
Swanzi
Buzzmania
Royalpearl
Girl360
Achimotan
Just30

Debbie am good fortunately am not
In Ghana but will be coming there today
Tnx
Just hope the casualty won't be too much . embarassed
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 08, 2017
makydebbie:
Thank God your brother is safe.
Its happening close to my house and it's not funny. Rain is falling heavily here too. I hope there won't be heavy casualties.
Lalasticlala.
the rain enter ya toto? shocked sad
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by Elnino4ladies: 6:58am On Oct 08, 2017
One of the effects of one corner dance

4 Likes

Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by hanassholesolo: 7:01am On Oct 08, 2017
One thing i dont understand is, why does this always happen during a rainfall? If anything it should be the opposite as water and fire don't pally. But here we see the opposite, there has been 2 explosions under the same condition, exactly the same. Is it lightening strike? Dont they build standard filing stations again? Or should i just be a typical African and call this a juju renewal process because things are happening in that country.
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by Jabia(m): 7:05am On Oct 08, 2017
deepwater:
this looks like a Boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion. call the fire guys contain it so it does not spread to another nearby station.

do not use water, its unfortunate it is pouring over there now, the rain water would surely cause a boil-over if there is still enough fuel in the station.

............................................................................................................................................................................................

however, your pics brings back some memories...
exactly how the skies of the delta area are lighted up at night whenever SHELL flares (waste) their gases, destroying the environment and give back only a tap water with a funny tasty....

Interesting, you just pointed out that they might have a BLEVE on their hands. Repercussions would be horrible if not properly handled.
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by 400billionman: 7:15am On Oct 08, 2017
What do you expect from a place called Atomic ?
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by makydebbie(f): 7:17am On Oct 08, 2017
Swanzi:

Debbie am good fortunately am not
In Ghana but will be coming there today
Tnx
Just hope the casualty won't be too much . embarassed
I pray ECG brings the light soon so we can watch the news and know more about casualties. They took power and since then no light, I guess it's because of the incident.
Thank God you're safe, I was worried. embarassed
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by luminouz(m): 7:20am On Oct 08, 2017
makydebbie:
Wow thank God!
Baritas? Wow that's close to total filling station.

I was outside with my mum when the fire went high. It was not something to behold. We pray so too, since there's no light to watch the news and all. I'm relying on Google and live updates from this thread.
Waoooooo...
Just be safe o abeg
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by makydebbie(f): 7:23am On Oct 08, 2017
luminouz:

Waoooooo...
Just be safe o abeg
I'm safe thanks.
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by Howmon: 7:33am On Oct 08, 2017
qhutetomsel:
Quite a disaster! sad
My brother just texted me that the explosion was very close to his school and that he felt the vibration in his room. He sounded quite shaken. Thank God he is safe and I hope everyone out there is safe too.
Makydebbie it is well!
pls can you send me your brother's num, been trying to reach a friend. Thank you
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by Howmon: 7:35am On Oct 08, 2017
makydebbie:
Thank God your brother is safe.
Its happening close to my house and it's not funny. Rain is falling heavily here too. I hope there won't be heavy casualties.
Lalasticlala.
pls i need your number need to get in touch with someone
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by makydebbie(f): 7:46am On Oct 08, 2017
Howmon:
pls i need your number need to get in touch with someone
Reach me at......
You can send the person's number and I'll help you call.
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by makydebbie(f): 8:03am On Oct 08, 2017
As at yesterday.

1 Share

Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by cescky(m): 8:24am On Oct 08, 2017
optional1:
bad day for ghanaians world cup una no see go now gas una see to explode to protest against referee..

Get sense you no gree

Na tode do olosho for nairaland you sabi
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by samo50(m): 8:35am On Oct 08, 2017
makydebbie:
As at yesterday.
it iz well..hope dis is not a repeat of what happened on June 3rd a day i will never forget .....
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 08, 2017
makydebbie:
It was a gas explosion. It's unfortunate it's raining heavily here and the breeze is something else. It has already started on another station, it's well. About three ambulances just passed my house and the fact that it's raining is causing traffic as everyone is in a hurry to get home.

Sorry about the awful memories, it also reminds me of an identical disaster that happened in Ghana, June 3rd 2015.

Cc lalasticlala, Dominique.

I lost a GF on that incident ,June 3rd will forever be on my mind.she was burnt beyond recognition cry
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by yachal: 8:42am On Oct 08, 2017
[quote author=MissJoy29 post=61210874]
chai! Thank God for your life. So what's the situation now? [/quote
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by perdollar(m): 9:09am On Oct 08, 2017
ds mushroom appearance show say Kim don do him usual nuke testing
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:31am On Oct 08, 2017
This is very very very low from you Optional1. Such insensitivity.....

This is Gas Explosion so very serious that may have seen lives lost (don't have more detailed reports yet) and people wounded deeply. Yet, what comes to your fingers is Ghana's WC chances.... This is Life and death matter not football.... Have some heart Optional1... you are far better than this.

Smh... very disappointing. Why can't we all know when to joke and when to be actually sensitive? I see other idiotic comments similar to yours from a few other monikers...... just silly really.

optional1:
bad day for ghanaians world cup una no see go now gas una see to explode to protest against referee..
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by bank2k4real(m): 10:04am On Oct 08, 2017
WowSweetGuy:
Ghana and Gas explosion sef undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/3535325/graphic-photos-ghana-gas-explosion

It happened last year too..

1 Like

Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by k199192: 10:44am On Oct 08, 2017
Does anyone see the satire in the title of this post? Gas explosion at atomic junction.. It was bound to happen I guess.. Gas and atomic should never be put together. I hope no one is hurt though...
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by makydebbie(f): 10:51am On Oct 08, 2017
youmour:

I lost a GF on that incident ,June 3rd will forever be on my mind.she was burnt beyond recognition cry
I'm so so sorry bro. It's very painful to lose a love one to such. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by makydebbie(f): 11:04am On Oct 08, 2017
samo50:
it iz well..hope dis is not a repeat of what happened on June 3rd a day i will never forget .....
Same here, can't forget that day. I really hope so too, it's well. Happy Sunday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) / Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) / President Macron Hit With An Egg During Campaign At A Restaurant In Lyon (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.