Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? (915 Views)

Why Is It That Most Ladies Don't Want To Date Or Marry Their Age Mates? / I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! / If You Can't Shift My Womb, I Won't Date Or Marry You - Pretty Slay Queen (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 09, 2017
Something has been on my mind recently and I may need people's opinions, lalasticlala.

I have seen a lot of female graduates that their husbands stopped from taking paid jobs as soon as they got married. I have also seen a lot of female graduates that have given up hope of getting paid jobs but instead they have shops of their own in order not to work the 9-to-5 job (I hope this is the other description of the normal office job for graduates).

I have also seen male graduates who got married to women who had no university or polytechnic education.

My question is: wouldn't you rather marry a female non graduate than marry a female graduate that you will stop from taking paid jobs?
Re: Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? by kenzindax(f): 8:09am On Oct 09, 2017
FTC
Re: Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 09, 2017
kenzindax:
FTC
And you think this will reach the front page? grin

2 Likes

Re: Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? by SenorFax(m): 8:21am On Oct 09, 2017
People marry whoever they want, and most marry based on what the society dictates; educated spouse.

Some marry for love, others for the luxury
Some marry for companionship, others for children
Some marry because of parental pressure, others when ready.

Do what is right, not what feels right.
Education is good but not everybody is opportuned to have one
I've seen husbands sponsor their wife through school only to become a full housewife, where some homes are broken when either party fails to secure a good job.

I'll advice my wife to get a job or rather leave the choice to her decisions about working.

2 Likes

Re: Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 09, 2017
SenorFax:
People marry whoever they want, and most marry based on what the society dictates; educated spouse.

Some marry for love, others for the luxury
Some marry for companionship, others for children
Some marry because of parental pressure, others when ready.

Do what is right, not what feels right.
I've seen husbands sponsor their wife through school only to become a full housewife, where some homes are broken when either party fails to secure a good job.

I'll advice my wife to get a job or rather leave the choice to her decisions about working.
Good one, I must say.

1 Like

Re: Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? by kenzindax(f): 8:32am On Oct 09, 2017
thefirst:
And you think this will reach the front page? grin
definitely it will reach.
Re: Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? by kay29000(m): 8:37am On Oct 09, 2017
Hmm
Re: Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? by sKy007: 8:46am On Oct 09, 2017
Instead of stopping your wife from 7-5 job to stay at home or open a shop, why not encourage her to take a teaching job 8-2.

For me going to school to teach is much better than a shop cos of unhealthy interactions with market women or suppliers and being so exposed to all manner of people who might enter the shop in the name of buying or pricing something

And she comes back in good time to take care of the kids and prepare food for you

2 Likes

Re: Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? by Originalsly: 8:50am On Oct 09, 2017
SenorFax:

Education is always good..... and everyone has the opportunity to have one. Certification is not education. There are many with degrees.... unemployed and cannot fend for themselves.... do not have the education... the knowledge to make a living...to earn money. There are many without degrees.... school dropouts.... employed and have employees....employees with degrees....they have the education to pave their way through this life. Back to choice of wife.... comes down to what she has to offer to take the family thru life... in times of good and in bad times. But like you said... to each his own.

1 Like

Re: Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? by babyfaceafrica: 9:56am On Oct 09, 2017
Doesn't matter,marry someone who will treat you right and respect you... Who education EPP?......,

2 Likes

Re: Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
Originalsly:

Education is always good..... and everyone has the opportunity to have one. Certification is not education. There are many with degrees.... unemployed and cannot fend for themselves.... do not have the education... the knowledge to make a living...to earn money. There are many without degrees.... school dropouts.... employed and have employees....employees with degrees....they have the education to pave their way through this life. Back to choice of wife.... comes down to what she has to offer to take the family thru life... in times of good and in bad times. But like you said... to each his own.
To each his own!
Re: Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? by muller101(m): 12:59pm On Oct 09, 2017
Marry both.
Re: Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 09, 2017
sKy007:
Instead of stopping your wife from 7-5 job to stay at home or open a shop, why not encourage her to take a teaching job 8-2.

For me going to school to teach is much better than a shop cos of unhealthy interactions with market women or suppliers and being so exposed to all manner of people who might enter the shop in the name of buying or pricing something
And you think she won't have unhealthy interaction if she decides to in a school she's teaching at?. grin
Marriage is about doing what works for you and your spouse. A stay at home/working mother who's a graduate has more positive impact on her child than an uneducated lady. Again, not all graduates are a reflection of intellects 'cause some only wasted money that they were going to school. The question any man/woman should answer is, what kind of kids would you want to raise? Then you'll know the kind of wife/husband to marry. For those who care 'cause some don't.
Re: Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2017
grin
muller101:
Marry both.

(1) (Reply)

Between Me And A Girl Who Sells Pussy – Am I Wrong ? (read This) / What's The Difference Between A Side Chick And A Main Chick? / Lady Outs Boyfriend After Knowing He’s Been Dating Her Namesake For 3 Years!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.