Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,872 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands (54434 Views)

JUST IN - LIST: 6 Former Nigerian Governors Convicted For Corruption... / Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day / Women In Hijabs Pose With Weapons In Kano (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2017
Demmzy15:
See f grin grin l, oya show us proof that Saudi Arabia and other Gulf Countries didn't accept Syrian refugees. We're waiting o

Look at this one. Are you seriously asking for a proof about this? Lol. The bone was thrown because no visual evidence showed any proof on the refugees being accepted by the saudi.

The onus is on the saudi arabians to disprove this by showing us a visual proof! Which they couldn't! It's not by mouth!
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Demmzy15(m): 11:45pm On Oct 14, 2017
diadem10:

I'm simply stating the fact of you being a Hausa slave who naturalised as a Yoruba.

Lemme burst your mind again sef grin grin There's no slavery in Nigeria and I'm no househelp(which some will term modern day slavery). You on the other is a descendant of a potor slave captured by Yorubas. grin tongue

And the slave keep lying lol. Was this not your response below when I asked of the benefit of sharia?

Go back and see it for yourself! I never stated it was Shariah that made them rich, I said if you're rich you're rich and if you are poor, you're poor. Go back and read my posts clearly, I hope you offered comprehension in secondary school.

And this below

You've showed where I claimed so as indicated in your last post, I'm still waiting!

One thing I've found out is You're a liar as well as being a slave!

Pained mofo! grin grin

And no one is asking you not to enlighten people about your religion but defending a religion? What stupidity is that? To the extent of championing a religion at he expense of your ethnic group? To the extent of kowtowing to the Fulani man who kept dividing Yoruba to suit his motive? Or equating Religion to mean Politics?

You're even dumber than I thought, you make silly allegations against my religion, so you're expecting me to keep quiet because you're "yoruba"? What a nonsensical thing to do!

@underlined, I don't even understand what you are saying, who spoke about a fulani man? Hope all is well with you? embarassed undecided

You lie! You're no Yoruba!

Ok potor slave, I'm not Yoruba. Oya go and kiss electric pole! grin
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Demmzy15(m): 11:48pm On Oct 14, 2017
diadem10:

Look at this one. Are you seriously asking for a proof about this? Lol. The bone was thrown because no visual evidence showed any proof on the refugees being accepted by the saudi.

The onus is on the saudi arabians to disprove this by showing us a visual proof! Which they couldn't! It's not by mouth!
No no no!!! It's not done like that, you were the first one to make the allegations that Saudi didn't help refugees. So give us evidence that Saudi refused to help the refugees or denied them entry. We're waiting please!
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 11:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
And I want that Demzzy15 slave to show me where I insulted Islam?

Of course I insulted fanatics as yourself, Isaq and Oladeebo and the suggestions which were leaning towards dark ages and I never regretted it because I would repeat it if given another chance.

However, I never insulted Islam but folks who's turning my ethnic and heritage to something else because of a religion.
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 11:56pm On Oct 14, 2017
Demmzy15:

Lemme burst your mind again sef grin grin There's no slavery in Nigeria and I'm no househelp(which some will term modern day slavery). You on the other is a descendant of a potor slave captured by Yorubas. grin tongue

Go back and see it for yourself! I never stated it was Shariah that made them rich, I said if you're rich you're rich and if you are poor, you're poor. Go back and read my posts clearly, I hope you offered comprehension in secondary school.

You've showed where I claimed so as indicated in your last post, I'm still waiting!

Pained mofo! grin grin

You're even dumber than I thought, you make silly allegations against my religion, so you're expecting me to keep quiet because you're "yoruba"? What a nonsensical thing to do!

@underlined, I don't even understand what you are saying, who spoke about a fulani man? Hope all is well with you? embarassed undecided

I never insulted any religion but the stupid demands made by that Fulani's stooge, Akintola while eediots as yourself who are birds of a feather were lapping it up. I never regretted and I would repeat it once again.

And you clearly referred to the riches of Saudi as a benefit of the sharia laws and that it was the sharia law that reduced the crime rate in the place. So why the lie?

I repeat you're no Yoruba but a Hausa slave because you champion a religion and Fulani more than the Yoruba heritage.
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 12:04am On Oct 15, 2017
Demmzy15:
No no no!!! It's not done like that, you were the first one to make the allegations that Saudi didn't help refugees. So give us evidence that Saudi refused to help the refugees or denied them entry. We're waiting please!

Which stupid allegation? A raw truth is an allegation? Everyone knows it, including the whites! Only a slave would argue otherwise. Come to think of, he's got nothing to support his stupid claim.

It's like a christian as myself preferring to die on Jews/British matter because of a religion even when I'm no one of them nor have any proof to support their action? What kind of stupidity is this?

Yet this slave claim to be Yoruba? Lol. Hausa slave.
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by olayi1992: 12:29am On Oct 15, 2017
Ramanto:

what makes them animals? Seeking equity and freedom to practice what they uphold at no one's detriment? You are a bigger animal then.
lol y do we allow religion to take the best of us y not be logical
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by olayi1992: 12:42am On Oct 15, 2017
zombieHUNTER:

The atheists will take Thursdays
To meditate....
The yin yang and you grin

This country is fu*ked
traditionalist will take Wednesday
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
Demmzy15:

You should please read my post clearly, you mustn't predate something before you have influence. Judaism is older than Islam but Islam contributed alot to Judaism during the middle ages despite the fact Judaism is older.

Dating/Period holds no water over what can influence what, what matters is the complexity/wholeness of a religion/culture for it to influence or be influenced. Before Muhammed was born, Yoruba religion and culture has a whole had already taken shape. This is why it has continued to give back to and influence the Abrahamic religions it came in contact with. If you disagree, we may dig deeper and you cite empirical pointers to how/where Islam influenced Yoruba religion.

This is nothing but a big fat lie, no one became Muslims because of fear of Ilorin. Many of those who accepted Islam was based on their own convictions. Some Yorubas who were Muslims fought against Ilorin, Ilorin on the other never really cared if you were Muslim or not, as far as you were against their agenda, you're to be eliminated.

You missed the whole point. The fear of Yoruba/Fulani/Hausa Ilorin army/Jamaa raids was the reason people across Oyo and Ago-Oja (new Oyo) and her dependencies adopted Islamic names. See Samuel Johnson (1920). A History of Yoruba From the Earliest Times. Furthermore, Ibadan soldiers, notable ones, had muslim names but they were traditionalists through and through - they looked to Ife to propitiate Oranmiyan for them before and during war times. Another example is, during the wars with the Fulani at the Ibolo/Offa/Odo Otin/province, the Ilorin soldiers could not war on Friday, the Yoruba army including those with muslim names seized that opportunity to raid the Ilorin marauders -- this implies they were only muslims in name only. Outside Iwo and Ilorin, Yoruba people didn't begin to look into practising Islam properly until the sanguinary internecine wars began to come to an end.

Many Yoruba families in Osun for instance, just accepted Islam early 20th century, are you saying it was the fear of Ilorin?

Even though your point here was anachronistic, you may want to mention at least one part the Ilorin army and their collaborators didn't extend to in the present day Osun state. I'll wait. Outsides that, Ilorin had already enveloped Old Oyo, it was threatening new Oyo, it was threatening Egba/Ijebu, it was in endless wars with Ibadan, Offa, Okuku, Erin, Ikirun, Osogbo, Ilorin had Ijesaland by the balls. Please tell what exactly was left of present day Osun outside of Iwo for people not to have felt threatened into adopting the Islamic names that eventually culminated into learning the religion.

You're right here
You should go back to my first post on this thread to understand the context and stop concluding or drawing irrational assumptions.

I have no interest in your Quran brandishing arguments. You made a very wrong submission about Yoruba religion, I had to step in. I won't have my religion pegged to something much more recent and has contributed immensely to the underdevelopment and problems in Yoruba land.

I know my identity, the Qur'an stated that man was created into different races, tribes, ethnicity, etc not to hate or spread bigotry but to know one another.

Well, discussing real life through the Quran, a religious book mostly based on fantasy rather than well researched studies of many years that have contributed to human development in recent centuries is exactly what the problem is with Africa -- here you are exhibiting that exact backwardness.

1 Like

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by shallysgirl: 4:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
I don't know why any person /christain from the southeast is on this thread. Yoruba Christians should speak for themselves.
All you spat down here makes no sense.
Demmzy15:

Pained mofo! grin grin

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Kfed4ril(m): 8:22am On Oct 20, 2017
Ola17:

Can you cite any verifiable document(s) to back up your claim?

The evidence I have is experience. I served in Oyo state and you will agree with me that Oyo state is an Islam dominated state, same applies to osun and Lagos state. Ogun state is 50/50, it's ondo and ekiti that are Christian dominated
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Zarchong: 8:50pm On Oct 20, 2017
Friday is not work free in Islam. Muslims work on Friday, Christians and Seventh day adventists/Jews don't work on Sundays and Saturdays respectively.
If a religion teaches what is inimical to nation's security of course measures have to be taken.
Women are not allowed to do those works listed, including driving in core Muslim nations, why are they insisting on doing them here? They can follow suit. They should show us female military uniform in Saudi.
Yes, let them all have their sharia courts but they must foot their bills. Government should stay clear of religious financing. Let all religions finance their activities.
They should give example of forceful conversion they alleged as we can easily mention jihads like that of Dan Fodio, Maita Tsine, Kalakato, Boko haram, etc.
What is it that was taken from them? Christians can easily point at numerous missionary schools that were taken away from them by government and used to educate Muslims. Government built numerous Islamic schools and fully sponsored everything about the schools.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Fayose Wears Shorts To 2018 Workers' Day Celebration (pics) / Foreign Students Scrambling For Selfie With Jonathan - Pics / Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.