Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands (54443 Views)

JUST IN - LIST: 6 Former Nigerian Governors Convicted For Corruption... / Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day / Women In Hijabs Pose With Weapons In Kano (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by hungryboy(m): 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
a country with an almost 100% muslim population, Tunisia, just made it legal for a non muslim to marry a muslim woman,
in many muslim countries, drinking and selling of alcohol is legal, in many muslim countries, wearing a hijab is optional.
While many muslim countries are trying to become more secular, our own muslims are trying to be more conservative.
Why should we have sharia law in some States and claim to be one country?
Is it fair that,
I can't drink my beer in Zamfara, without getting arrested by Sharia police?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by zombieHUNTER: 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
Ola17:

I wouldn't be drawn into any religious imbroglio but this group's unfounded claims is quite worrisome.
I get you bro
But I think they are right

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by ipoblogic: 1:50pm On Oct 09, 2017
One of the reasons we in the IPOB are seeking self determination is that there is no way the Islamic North and Secular East can live together in peace.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Oksman(m): 1:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
”Six: There is no single Shari’ah court in South Western Nigeria where Muslims constitute the majority. This is contrary to what obtained in Yorubaland before the advent of the British. There were Shariah courts in Ede, Iwo, Ikirun, Ibadan, etc. Yoruba Muslims are now compelled to take their civil matters like inheritance, marriage, etc to Christo-Western courts. This is preposterous and unacceptable.

grin grin grin
So Yoruba's are the ones against the introduction of shariah in the south west or what. Can this muslim population figure in the west be proved or is this a mere kite flying exercise?
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Ola17: 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
zombieHUNTER:

I get you bro
But I think they are right
It doesn't matter what you think. Where are the census figures to prove such unfounded claims?

4 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by asksteve(m): 2:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
Most of ur demands r sheepishly based on religion which seems to b a factor dividing d country. And funny to say u r just a fanatic without d faintest idea of how the country came to be cos most of ur assertions are wrong.
Wen u r well school on the issues u claim to raise u no where to channel ur write up.

1 Like

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by oladeebo: 2:12pm On Oct 09, 2017
When am calling people to thread with caution in this country, about any fragmentation, people take me for fool, now the impossibility is coming out, and it's just the beginning, by the time the poor and the illiterates you elites threat like Animal punge-out their own demand for restructure, no elite will stand to resist.
I warn you before!

2 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Mujaheeeden: 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2017
This is the funniest piece I've read for long. I can see why Muslims are the funniest bunch on earth. It seems their leader was a brother to Chris Rock

15 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by madridguy(m): 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
Misplaced priorities.

5 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by OkaiCorne(m): 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2017
Undiluted fool.s everywhere. As if God is a Christian or Muslim sef... undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by zionmade1: 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2017
OP dont forget to add this
Muslims daily break hours each day
30mins ablution 30mins prayer 30mins to return to duty post and resume duties
ie 1hr 30minutes *3 times =4hrs 30minutes break everyday, so do the calculations

HYPOCRITES

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
It's like the fool forgot the schools were built by the missionaries, not his illiterate loving utman dan fodio..

Come to think of it, no one's stopping muslims from attending schools built by Muslims. My mum once headed a muslim school and every students had to be clothed in hijabs, including teachers' children who aint muslims. That's why school dresses are called "uniform" wears. Everyone ought to be uniform in their wears. Whoever doesn't like it should go and die!

And we were colonised by the British, not Arabs, hence our generalised weekend days remains Sat and Sun! No eediot can force Arabic views on us. If you want to become one, go and live in Saudi.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
oladeebo:
When am calling people to thread with caution in this country, about any fragmentation, people take me for fool, now the impossibility is coming out, and it's just the beginning, by the time the poor and the illiterates you elites threat like Animal punge-out their own demand for restructure, no elite will stand to resist.
I warn you before!

What's this one saying? Will you keep quiet?

People like you would never come up with anything progressive but stupid eediotic moves.

6 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2017
And what stupid Sharia law? We're a secular country, not a muslim country!

I repeat no eediot should impose on any stupid Arabic views on us.. So they should swerve!

8 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2017
States with majority Muslims should implement these at state level

That's what devolution is about

They can make Sunday a working day and Friday a work free day if they so choose

They can also get their ladies to dress in Burka Monday to Sunday if there is local support for it

That will surely be their prerogative

Statutory holidays at National level should be reduced to Easter, Christmas and Good Friday. Those are the only dates that mean anything to Christian calendar. His will make it 3 for Christian's and 3 for Muslims. At state level however states who want Boxing Day and New Year's Day as holiday can uphold that at state level while Muslim states can nominate their own to match any number of days they want.

The issue of burka and removal of caps affect all. Just as someone practicing Judaism or a chatolic archbishop is required to remove their cap so too should Muslims. It's pointless awarding people identities cards and passports that will mean nothing outside Nigeria!

Same applies to the Army, we can only have one dress code in the Army.

With a spirit of fairness it is possible to work these things out.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2017
Lol

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by oladeebo: 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2017
diadem10:

What's this one saying? Will you keep quiet?

People like you would never come up with anything progressive but stupid eediotic moves.
I won't keep quiet,
in aftermath of Ibadan summit you people come out and turn the summit into christian summit, I warn you to desist, when you started use Yoruba Muslim up & down I warn you to stop, when CAN attack Muslim I still warn you because if religion is play in politic in Nigeria it can never favor christian,
I said let politicians play their politic game, the better for all of us, let all of us respect our constitution, let the politicians who have anything to over Nigeria nation present it in his manifestos and tender it to the people for mandate, I said our demand is enormous, and complex if every one want to use political trick to get it, we heading towards anarchy but you people call me fool, I will see how you will mange this restructure.
ingnorant.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by OBAGADAFFI: 3:24pm On Oct 09, 2017
oladeebo:

I won't keep quiet,
in aftermath of Ibadan summit you people come out and turn the summit into christian summit, I warn you to desist, when you started use Yoruba Muslim up & down I warn you to stop, when [b]CAN attack Muslim [/b]I still warn you because if religion is play in politic in Nigeria it can never favor christian,
I said let politicians play their politic game, the better for all of us, let all of us respect our constitution, let the politicians who have anything to over Nigeria nation present it in his manifestos and tender it to the people for mandate, I said our demand is enormous, and complex if every one want to use political trick to get it, we heading towards anarchy but you people call me fool, I will see how you will mange this restructure.
ingnorant.

Ogbeni,

When did the bold happen.

6 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 3:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
oladeebo:

I won't keep quiet,
in aftermath of Ibadan summit you people come out and turn the summit into christian summit, I warn you to desist, when you started use Yoruba Muslim up & down I warn you to stop, when CAN attack Muslim I still warn you because if religion is play in politic in Nigeria it can never favor christian,
ingnorant.

Keep quiet. Both Muslims and christians insult one another daily yet it's only you that is crying foul and if we're talking about physical attack, the Muslims has always been attacking Christians, not the other way round. Until you show me where a Nigerian christian physically attack a muslim, then shut it already and don't dare mention Ipob.

The annoying part is Muslims fanatics as yourself hardly come up with anything progressives but poor archaic reasoning that belongs to the dark age. Sound Countries are looking to improve their economy, infrastructures and the world at large but what's a muslim fanatic thinking about? One stupid Sharia law when we're not a muslim country.

I repeat no eediot can impose any Arab views on us. If you want to become an arab, go live in saudi.

38 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by oladeebo: 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Ogbeni,

When did the bold happen.

pls stop,
normally it's Muslim that suppose to be agitating in this country, in everything we do in his country it favour christian in 95%, if not plus, but you will be surprise see christian cry marginalization.
in the civil service christian dominate, you people turn it to privilege.
religious for me have no place in politic but respect others is important.

1 Like

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 3:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
oladeebo:

pls stop,
normally it's Muslim that suppose to be agitating in this country, in everything we do in his country it favour christian in 95%, if not plus, but you will be surprise see christian cry marginalization.

You lie. Who's the president of the country presently? How many christians has headed this country yet you say everything favours the christians?

Or could it be you're opposed to civilised world? Is that your problem? Until the SW become a battled syria country or Boko haram enclave? Is that what you love? Until we start chopping off peoples' hand and legs in the name of sharia while we have cripples and beggars in the country that makeup the North entities?

Pls, name the cogent things that the muslims lack and are being marginalised?

If we're talking about marginalisation? It should be the SW muslims fighting against the Northern Muslims for not being able to head Nigerian muslim office nor being able to lead in Northern mosques.

The one thing I hate the most is when someone takes religion above his self worth! Being a Muslims or christian doesn't make you Arab, Dan fodio, Jews nor the British. You're still who you're. A Yoruba and regarded as one! Even to the Fulani muslims who regard you as inferior second-class citizen.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Lajet: 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
Afonja Christians are in trouble we warned them but the pretended as if all is well. now Afonja Muslims is showing them their wicked plans

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2017
Elose11:
Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has listed its demands to the All Progressives Congress (APC) restructuring committee.
MURIC 6-point demand is contained in a statement on Monday by Professor Ishaq Akintola, its president.
It reads: “One: Nigerians enjoy a total of eight (cool public holidays in a year. These are Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Id al-Kabir, Id al-Fitr and Maulud an-Nabiyy. Five (5) of the eight holidays belong to Christians (Christmas Day, Boxing Day, 1st January, i.e, New Year Day, Good Friday and Easter Monday). Only three (3) holidays belong to Muslims, viz, Id al-Kabir, Id al-Fitr and Maulud an-Nabiyy.
”Restructuring should give Muslims 1st Muharram. This will bring the total number of Muslim holidays to four while Christian holidays remain five.
”Two: Christian marriages contracted inside churches or registries are held sacrosanct everywhere in Nigeria whereas Muslim marriages (nikah) are not recognized for any official purpose. Muslim couples find themselves in a cul de sac each time they presented their Islamic marriage certificates for official purposes. It is paradoxical that in a democracy, one marriage conducted by a religious group is acceptable while the other is not. What kind of constitution is Nigeria using?
”Islamic marriages should be recognized in all official circles where Christian marriages are recognized. The Nigerian Marriage Act (1990) should therefore be revisited.
”Three: Nigeria has a two-day weekend, viz, Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was a half day during the colonial era and Sunday was the only full day at the weekend. However, Saturday was made a full day to favour the Seventh Day Adventists, a Christian denomination during the regime of General Yakubu Gowon, a Christian military ruler. It is very clear, therefore, that the two weekend days recognized in Nigeria belong to Christians while Muslims have none since Friday, the Muslim day of worship, remains a working day.
”It is pertinent to note that Friday was a work-free day until the British brought Christianity and stopped Muslims from enjoying their Allah-given fundamental human right. The relief we are seeking through restructuring is that Friday should be declared free to assume parity with the Christians’ Sunday. While we are not seeking anarchy, we are confident that the Federal Government (FG) has all the paraphernalia of administration to work out the modalities.
”Four: Immigration officials engage in regular stereotyping of Muslims who apply for international passports. They intimidate Muslims particularly at the point of taking pictures. Muslim males are ordered to remove their caps; Imams are coerced into removing their turbans; bearded Muslims are compelled to shave or trim their beards; hijab-wearing Muslim women are made to remove their hijabs or ordered to draw their hijab backwards to reveal their ears. The same scenario plays itself out in driving licence, national identity card offices and during registration for elections.
”In the process, thousands of Muslims have been denied international passports, driving licences and national identity cards while millions have been disenfranchised during elections. The authorities must find a way of stopping the persecution and profiling of Muslims.
”Five: Uniformed groups in Nigeria, including the army, police, uniformed voluntary groups, nurses, the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), students of primary and secondary schools, etc, use uniforms designed by the Christian colonialists. These uniforms should have been reviewed after independence because they only suit the Christians. Some of them constitute breaches to Islamic dress code and offend the sensibility of Muslims who are compelled to wear the uniforms regardless of their inner feeling of resentment.
”In view of the fact that Western countries like Britain, Canada and the United States have designed uniforms with hijab for their female Muslim police, soldiers, students, etc, Nigeria’s restructuring authorities should borrow a leaf from those countries.
”Six: There is no single Shari’ah court in South Western Nigeria where Muslims constitute the majority. This is contrary to what obtained in Yorubaland before the advent of the British. There were Shariah courts in Ede, Iwo, Ikirun, Ibadan, etc. Yoruba Muslims are now compelled to take their civil matters like inheritance, marriage, etc to Christo-Western courts. This is preposterous and unacceptable.
”We demand the establishment of Shariah courts in all South Western states including Edo State where there is a significant percentage of Muslims.
”We call the attention of FG and the restructuring committee of the APC to the above six reliefs. Muslims are in bondage in this country and we believe that restructuring should emancipate people in captivity. APC promised change. This change can only be meaningful to us if it breaks the shackles around our necks. We have begged enough for the restoration of our Allah-given and fundamental human rights. We are tired of begging. Restructuring is about reapportioning the dividends of democracy such that it goes round and it is not restricted to one section.
”Colonial administration was grossly unfair to Muslims. Nigeria was Christianised by Britain and Muslims bore the brunt. We suffered forceful conversion, denial of rightful employment and even worse forms of persecution. But what is most disappointing is the policy of exclusion adopted by post-independence governments.
”On a final note, we demand full integration and full recognition as bona fide citizens of Nigeria, not second or third class citizens. We are the aggrieved party. The British most brutally and most unjustly took all we had from us, giving us nothing in return and offering no relief. It has continued to give us a feeling of rejection, marginalization, denial of the dividends of democracy and lack of a sense of belonging. The time for redress is now and our six-point relief is here for all to digest.”
http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/09/make-fridays-work-free-allow-hijabs-muslims-list-6-restructuring-demands/

This Friday holiday issue was first posted on nsiraland when the issue of CAN ans sukuk bond was hot. Now the muslims have taken it up. Before that post on nairaland, this was never an issue.

Yorubats who bring up these issues, in a bid to defend this government, continue destroying the country. Nairaland yorubats are a problem.

5 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by oladeebo: 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
diadem10:

You lie. Who's the president of the country presently? How many christians has headed this country yet you say everything favours the christians?

Or could it be you're opposed to civilised world? Is that your problem? Until the SW become a battled syria country or Boko haram enclave? Is that what you love? Until we start chopping off peoples' hand and legs in the name of sharia while we have cripples and beggars in the country that makeup the North entities?

Pls, name the cogent things that the muslims lack and are being marginalised?

If we're talking about marginalisation? It should be the SW muslims fighting against the Northern Muslims for not being able to head Nigerian muslim office nor being able to lead in Northern mosques.

The one thing I hate the most is when someone takes religion above his self worth! Being a Muslims or christian doesn't make you Arab, Dan fodio, Jews nor the British. You're still who you're. A Yoruba and regarded as one! Even by the Fulani muslims who regard you as second-class.
pls stop very recently not even in the past, from 1999 till date christian rule for how many years? Muslim rule for how many years?
in the west tell me a Muslim in afenifere leaders?
in the Ibadan summit organizer tell one Muslim among them?
or there suppose not be a Muslim among them?
Why you oppose the muric right?

2 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Rilwayne001: 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
Gosh!
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by OBAGADAFFI: 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
oladeebo:

pls stop,

Can you give me the numbers in Mosque vs Church burnt down in Nigeria?

Do you know the nigerian constitution supports Sharia Law?

Sharia is repeated more than 60 times in the 1999 constitution

Islam -20 times in the 1999 Constitution
Christian -0 time in 1999 Constitution

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Adiola(f): 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

When did Muslims constitute a Majority in the SW
when I talk my Yoruba Muslim brothers will attack themselves ....with the above state ,it should be an eye opener what ll happen to us should this country divide

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by FriendNG: 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
oladeebo:

I won't keep quiet,
ingnorant.

No mind that fool calling Nigeria a secular country. When we all know it is Christian country..

The sheep are eager to tag anything marginalization while forgetting Nigeria is Christianized since day one emposed by christo-western

1 Like

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by achi4u(m): 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
Ndi alakuba abiakwa ozogrin

Why not divide the country first, then impose whatever suit you.

Swest will go with the North.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
Some people are just backwards
Religion will soon kill this country
I just hate some people reasoning

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Buhari’s Cabinet: 33 Ministerial Nominees Fail Corruption Test-tribune / Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto / Nnenna Agnes Nnamani Is Dead (Ex-Enugu Governors Wife)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.