Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (550509 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by snowlordng(m): 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
Prolivingproof:

Unfortunately, she is above age. 44 years of age is max. to be eligible for PR.
ok bro minus age...does she have any chance of getting the permanent residence ....pls can I have your whatsapp number ..
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by luvluvluv: 8:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
Good evenin all... Pls where can I find d job descriptions to know wch one fits me as a mech engineer with automobile experience
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Rach90: 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2018
Hello everyone. I understand everyone here is already in Australia, that is why i am directing my question here. How does Australia classify Bsc from Nigeria (Unilorin, 4yrs course). Is it associate degree or diploma?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Tuteso: 8:05pm On Aug 27, 2018
Associate degree.

Rach90:
Hello everyone. I understand everyone here is already in Australia, that is why i am directing my question here. How does Australia classify Bsc from Nigeria (Unilorin, 4yrs course). Is it associate degree or diploma?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 28, 2018
adesoro557:
It would be nice if contributors can post pics once in a while to bump the thread. Thanks.

Hope it's not Virus you attached to this your post.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Trenton: 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2018
our australians, please lets keep this thread alive like the canadian thread, congratulations, u guys have a new prime minister,hope he completes his term

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Blitzenkreig66: 11:15pm On Aug 28, 2018
Regional Australia. I saw a place without tarred road for the first time here.

14 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by jayooh: 11:53am On Aug 29, 2018
Blitzenkreig66:
Amazing!!
Which region? Love those vintage rides
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by olumuyiwaoke(f): 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
This is just my honest opinion. You can decide to take it or leave it. I know there are people who love it the way it is but before you crucify me, remember I’m only voicing out my experience of living in Australia for the last 13 months.
Melbourne is nothing but a huge disappointment. Run down houses and streets everywhere. The culture of keeping a well kept garden is non existent.
Any new perpective/changes about Melbourne?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by marvelos1: 3:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
Am glad u guyz 're now reviving this thread.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by olumuyiwaoke(f): 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
[quote author=DaddyTheFather post=65738830]Ok...so I am not one of those "landed seniors"...people like malkinburg still senior me for this hustle...I am still finding my way and there are a thousand things I have seen here that I have never even heard of!

Are you still in Brisbane or your Canada PR worked out.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Trenton: 11:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
Blitzenkreig66:

wow.
will be really expensive for australia to connect all regions due to its big size, im just thinking if there can be road network from darwin to southern australia,
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 12:19am On Aug 30, 2018
Blitzenkreig66:

95% of the untarred areas are for the indigenous people who forbid tarring of their roads because of their spiritual connection to the land.

9 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by marvelos1: 9:53am On Aug 30, 2018
Am soon bottoning up my preparation to travel to Australia my God Grace soon enough but how is hussling like in Australia ? What is the accessable(menial works) job one could easily find and do and what's 're their pays like? Is it an hourly paid system? Thanks.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Oshodi1: 10:52am On Aug 30, 2018
Good day house.
Please am newbie in this trend. Can the house explain to me step by step to take to migrate to Australia
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by ogbevireo(m): 11:21am On Aug 30, 2018
Oshodi1:
Good day house.
Please am newbie in this trend. Can the house explain to me step by step to take to migrate to Australia

Welcome.
You are however on the wrong thread for most of the questions which you will eventually come up with as you go through the process.

So visit the link below and get on.
https://www.nairaland.com/4478747/diy-guide-australian-permanent-resident

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by jayooh: 11:23am On Aug 30, 2018
bellong:

95% of the untarred areas are for the indigenous people who forbid tarring of their roads because of their spiritual connection to the land.

For real, aborigines?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 11:33am On Aug 30, 2018
jayooh:

For real, aborigines?

Aboriginals is the appropriate word.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by jayooh: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2018
bellong:

Aboriginals is the appropriate word.
OK sir. But they are synonymous nouns. grin
Na the spiritual thingy catch my eyes anyways.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by tmeg: 11:19pm On Aug 30, 2018
Tuteso:
Associate degree.

Interesting ,what of Nigerian HND how is it been clarify?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by jayooh: 1:41pm On Aug 31, 2018
Hello my aussie people, is anyone travelling down to Australia soon? Need to get a DL down there.

Any ideas/suggestions on any fast and economical means are welcome too
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Impacter01: 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2018
Hello gurus,

I am about applying for subclass 408 visa (Research Stream), I would like to know if anybody has gone through this before or have an idea about it.

In addition, as PR is getting tougher especially for biomedical courses that have been removed, please I need guidance on the next route I can take after am done with the 408 Research Activities.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 4:50am On Sep 01, 2018
jayooh:

For real, aborigines?

Well...this one sounds cool, we (here in 9ja) often refer to them as Australian Bushmen grin

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by jayooh: 7:47am On Sep 01, 2018
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Well...this one sounds cool, we (here in 9ja) often refer to them as Australian Bushmen grin

Roflmao

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by chidike(m): 8:57am On Sep 01, 2018
Hey guys! So I'm moving to Melbourne at the end of the month after spending a year in NZ, and I'm thinking of a nice sub to live. I've been to Melbourne before but that was more of a tourist visit, so if you guys can let me know suburbs to avoid, I'd appreciate. I'm looking for somewhere close to the CBD, which is where my office is located; I have a few in mind; Fitzroy, St. Kilda, Brunswick west, South Melbourne, and Yarraville or South Yarra. My budget is to not exceed $400/week. What are your thoughts on the subs I listed, I'm also trying to avoid places with a huge South Sudanese community. Thanks.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by jayooh: 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2018
chidike:
Hey guys! So I'm moving to Melbourne at the end of the month after spending a year in NZ, and I'm thinking of a nice sub to live. I've been to Melbourne before but that was more of a tourist visit, so if you guys can let me know suburbs to avoid, I'd appreciate. I'm looking for somewhere close to the CBD, which is where my office is located; I have a few in mind; Fitzroy, St. Kilda, Brunswick west, South Melbourne, and Yarraville or South Yarra. My budget is to not exceed $400/week. What are your thoughts on the subs I listed, I'm also trying to avoid places with a huge South Sudanese community. Thanks.

Sup mate. I was gonna pm you about CV template, I remember you landed a job in NZ before moving. I'm looking at how to arrange a convincing CV that will highlight salient things(e.g. visa status, current residence).
Please help me with the template/sample of what u used.

Thanks
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bolanle053: 6:59pm On Sep 01, 2018
Someone should help with this please
Impacter01:
Hello gurus,

I am about applying for subclass 408 visa (Research Stream), I would like to know if anybody has gone through this before or have an idea about it.

In addition, as PR is getting tougher especially for biomedical courses that have been removed, please I need guidance on the next route I can take after am done with the 408 Research Activities.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Trenton: 7:06pm On Sep 01, 2018
chidike:

i really wonder what NZ is like,must be very beautiful but with its location .i have this stupid thought that NZ and other surrounding polynesian islands will be submerged soon..lol
have u ever visited any of the polynesian islands?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bligs: 3:25am On Sep 02, 2018
chidike:
Avoid Dandenong as well as Footscray, among the suburbs you listed St Kilda is the most expensive due to it closeness to the beach and social activities but with your budget you should be fine, South Yarra is a nice suburb and also expensive, Brunswick and South Melbourne not bad but Yarraville is a bit boring.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by chidike(m): 9:36am On Sep 02, 2018
bligs:

Avoid Dandenong as well as Footscray, among the suburbs you listed St Kilda is the most expensive due to it closeness to the beach and social activities but with your budget you should be fine, South Yarra is a nice suburb and also expensive, Brunswick and South Melbourne not bad but Yarraville is a bit boring.
Thanks a lot. �
Trenton:

i really wonder what NZ is like,must be very beautiful but with its location .i have this stupid thought that NZ and other surrounding polynesian islands will be submerged soon..lol
have u ever visited any of the polynesian islands?
Beautiful country, especially the country side! It's a perfect place to go on vacation around these parts.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by tmeg: 8:04pm On Sep 02, 2018
You people are Enjoying the world, I pray that God will link me to such places by his grace

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (131) (Reply)

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.