Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? (690 Views)

Why Stretch Mark Is So Common With Girls Nowadays? / Girls Find It Hard To Resist Guys With These Five Things, Number 4 Is So Common / Lady In Bikini Takes Photos On The Road In Victoria Island Lagos, Causes Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by Eberex(m): 4:09pm On Oct 10, 2017
Are you a fan of having your pictures uploaded on social media like Facebook, Nairaland etc? Showing the world that you are about to get married? Posting here and there! You guys laughing, smiling and playing like you two are in Disneyland! An image of two people who are madly inlove?

How do you deal with such an issue if you are the type who doesn't like spotlight but getting married to a person who is the opposite? It's a good thing to take pictures for the home albums, yes I would really love that, but having to show everyone on the planet!!! people i don't even know exist!

What is the essence of uploading the pictures online in the first place? I believe ladies are the instigators of these acts. Guys don't have time for such drama, well maybe a few guys. And the reasons are not too farfetche: To be the envy of everyone who views the pictures? To get likes and comments? To be the talk of the town? To read the AWWW!! and OHHHH!!!

After that period of let's say 3 or 4 days of continuous bombardment of comments from people (even those you don't know), what next?

I have come to realize that most of what we do when it's having to do with wedding preparation has a lot to do about what people would say or think rather than what you really want for your event. Some are even turning into a competition? with who exactly? probably someone you know who invited you to their own wedding? Or maybe you have a targeted person/audience who you want to show off to.

Painting an expression that all is well is basically the reason for uploading pictures of you and your partner in happy and celebrating mood. The social media is just like a mirror. You will see a fine reflection but you cannot see what is going on within it. The social media is now a tool to tell the world "my marriage is perfect", "I found my perfect partner" even when it is not the case.

Social media lives among couples most times are the opposite of what is really going on in their home, in most case but not all.

I rather we use the social media to propagate messages and news. I rather we use the social media to educate ourselves on the right and wrongs in the society. I rather we use the social media to fight corruption. I rather we use the social media to tell the world the truth about our country. I rather we use the social media to promote love and unity.

I am not a fan of telling the world I am getting married by uploading beautiful pictures on social media. I really don't see how it concerns you, who are reading this post. My families and friends are those who should even have info about the event.

Don't get me wrong, but I am a fan of the social media, most especially Facebook. I can mention benefits I derive from Facebook:

1. Meeting old and long forgotten friends again.
2. Getting old school songs and videos from groups and meeting fans who are even crazier than me.
3. Friend's birthday remembrance.

In brief, posting of your pre-wedding photos online should not be for strangers. What is their business about your marriage to start with? unless you are a celebrity, in which case you won't even be the one to post them online. But if you are not a celebrity, send them to friends and families who would make comments that would come with genuine affection and congratulations.
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by talk2ekpa(m): 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
Excuse me OP! Just two questions for you....

Why did you write this article...?

Maybe to get likes, shares and other reactions right?

Now tell me, how will you feel when no one does any of the above?

Perhaps unhappy right?

Well, that's the same reason why some persons share their stories and events online.

See, you just have to understand that everyone have one reason or the other for doing whatever they do.

Life is about happiness, and if sharing Pre-wedding pictures makes the couples happy, then please let them share

And by the way, the reasons you gave above are not all the reasons why people share pre-wedding pics. Maybe those are yours, but definitely not for everybody.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by Eberex(m): 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
talk2ekpa:
Excuse me OP! Just two questions for you....

Maybe to get likes, shares and other reactions right?

Perhaps unhappy right?

Well, that's the same reason why some persons share their stories and events online.

See, you just have to understand that everyone have one reason or the other for doing whatever they do.

Life is about happiness, and if sharing Pre-wedding pictures makes the couples happy, then please let them share

yes you are right , its relative. What about you? You ended up not talking about your own opinion
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by SuperSuave(m): 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2017
Op, you get time o.

Nice write up but opinion is like an asshole, everyone has one so I'd like to state mine.

If it makes them happy I see no reason why they shouldn't do it. We all can't be zombies
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by shaneroberts26: 6:46pm On Oct 10, 2017
Because we are in the end time.
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by Adaumunocha(f): 6:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
Just be happy for them. When you rejoice with others, good fortune will definitely locate u.
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
how does that reduce your salary?some people won't mind their business
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
And op wants to dictate how people should live their life on social media..
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by Dasherz(f): 6:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
for the ladies I think they love the idea of flaunting that they've got a man grin grin grin the lady will be like "yo ex !!! in your face sucker"
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by Eberex(m): 10:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
Dasherz:
for the ladiesIi think they love the idea of flaunting that they've got a man grin grin grin the lady will be like "yo ex !!! in your face sucker"

Best answer so far! Thank you for being honest o jare

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Did You Love A Girl In High School Who Didn't Date You Eventually? / What Gift I Should Give To My Aunty / Watch Video Of The Wedding Kiss That Broke The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.