Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,825 members, 7,844,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) (41180 Views)

Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner / Governor Yahaya Bello Sprays Money On Passersby At Gwagwalada / Policemen Chasing Yahoo Boy In Akute Injured Passersby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by gwmlogistic: 8:42pm On Oct 11, 2017
That bridge had rails but was vandalized
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by Jagermeister(m): 8:48pm On Oct 11, 2017
Ayesa:

The mere fact that nobody has ever fallen off the bridge is not substantial enough to rule out or foreclose occurrence in the nearest future .Please how do you know that nobody has been a victim of this Mr know it all?

Find something to eat, come back and tell me how your inference makes any sense.

I'm not a government official so refrain from calling me names. The post wasn't atop your head Tozo tongue
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2017
Alfaab:
Gov Ambode should,as a matter of urgency construct rails on this bridge running from Ojota to Anthony end of Lagos.Just a little skirmish on that bridge and lots of lives will surely be lost..may God forbid!

grin.
Most developed city in nigeria.

Later they will start complaining that Lagos wasn't included in the list of most liveable cities in the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by Florblu(f): 8:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
Mouthgag:

shut up!
shut your ignorant mouth up! Steel rails was built with the rails, it's those miserable unfortunate people that stole it. They kept cutting it until nothing is left. Don't blame government for everything

Do you have a problem with having a civil conversation?

Am I the one responsible for your misfortune? Be guided please

1 Like

Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by olaboy1: 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
You put aluminum dem go cut am steal, you use wood same thing. I am suggesting strong thick ropes or bamboo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by cmpunk: 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2017
seguno2:

When armed robbers steal, do you ask- is it government that stole it?
Think bro think before you talk.

WTF. It is obvious you are the one talking without thinking.

my question was directed to those blaming d govt when it is obvious from the pics that the rails were vandalized and stolen.
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by victor8269: 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
nairavsdollars:
The bridge initially has rails. Our brothers from the Yeast stole them to make aluminium spoons
Ur stupidity is epic!!!. Even Mr Beans would want to be your student

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by benitwater(m): 9:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
hand work of d developers,no time,dem don comot am take do spoon undecidedhand work of d developers,no time,dem don comot am take do spoon
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by benitwater(m): 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
hand work of d developers,no time,dem don comot am take do spoon
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by victor8269: 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2017
benitwater:
efighter:

Your fellow brothers from the potopoto republic of crime and drugs stole all the railings to sell at Upper Iweka. You are now here blaming your slave masters for the crime of your fellow pigs and idiots.
Who told you he is Igbo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by Florblu(f): 9:14pm On Oct 11, 2017
okey4reel:

Sis so u too are experiencing wat is happening on those routes, a road that is not even wide enough they are still carving out BRT lane from it, very selfish and useless government

The thing tire.
How many BRT's dey ply that route sef?
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by victor8269: 9:14pm On Oct 11, 2017
benitwater:
U agree say dem b developers. Them come in,notice shortage of spoon, them collect free resources, make spoons and u buy.
Madam, abeg clap for them!!!
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 11, 2017
Florblu:
This is not proper.

Even as an adult I can't walk on that bridge without fear of falling off the bridge let alone children.

If anything should happen to anybody on that bridge due to the absence of rail, the blood wiil be on this government's neck.

They embark on construction of roads without having a second thought. The mayhem they are causing on Ikeja along- Iyana Ipaja and beyond route is just unnecessary.

Look very well. The bridge wasn't originally built that way. The railings were sawn off by vandals. Besides, Ikorodu road, on which the bridge runs through, belongs to the Federal govt. Let us be reasonable in our comments.

1 Like

Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by free2ryhme: 9:18pm On Oct 11, 2017
Alfaab:
Gov Ambode should,as a matter of urgency construct rails on this bridge running from Ojota to Anthony end of Lagos.Just a little skirmish on that bridge and lots of lives will surely be lost..may God forbid!

It had rails in the 90s and early 80s and it was made of aluminiun which was one grave mistake the construction company made

It was stolen by the bolar men at mende back then when LAWMNA used their for dumping refuses and dirty

The abokis and miscreants at night remove the aluminium to sell for money
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by aklion: 9:20pm On Oct 11, 2017
Obviously de was a rail dere but ole pepu cut dem off...
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by seguno2: 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2017
cmpunk:

WTF. It is obvious you are the one talking without thinking.

my question was directed to those blaming d govt when it is obvious from the pics that the rails were vandalized and stolen.

Why did the government not take adequate measures to prevent the rails from being vandalised and stolen?
Why did the government not devote enough resources to find out the vandals and thieves for appropriate punishment for dissuading others?
Do you now see why the public servants whom we elected/allowed to rule us and overpay should be blamed for dereliction of duty?
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 11, 2017
Homeboiy:
Na the Lagos be that

yes that is lagos. the ibos are the one that cut the whole steel to mend and sell as spoon.

until Ibos leave things will never get better.
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by seguno2: 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2017
BandAid:

Look very well. The bridge wasn't originally built that way. The railings were sawn off by vandals. Besides, Ikorodu road, on which the bridge runs through, belongs to the Federal govt. Let us be reasonable in our comments.

Is the airport road not for the federal government? Why is Ambode fixing it?
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2017
free2ryhme:

It had rails in the 90s and early 80s and it was made of aluminiun which was one grave mistake the construction company made

It was stolen by the bolar men at mende back then when LAWMNA used their for dumping refuses and dirty

The abokis and miscreants at night remove the aluminium to sell for money

no your assertion is wrong. It was the arrival of the IBOS that used it to make spoon and sell it in the open market. once Ibos leave normalcy will return.
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 11, 2017
victor8269:

Who told you he is Igbo?

yes it is Ibo. you need to see how lagos was before the Ibos troop in and destroy the standard.
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by JennieCutie4U(f): 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
waaaaat!!! I can't even try it. even if that is d only route to my workplace, I go resign, akant shout, mbanu!
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by Orpe7(m): 9:41pm On Oct 11, 2017
Our flat heads developers removed everything
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by cmpunk: 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2017
seguno2:

Why did the government not take adequate measures to prevent the rails from being vandalised and stolen?
Why did the government not devote enough resources to find out the vandals and thieves for appropriate punishment for dissuading others?
Do you now see why the public servants whom we elected/allowed to rule us and overpay should be blamed for dereliction of duty?

Now this is what you should have pointed out.

And what works in Nigeria anyway. Cctv was installed in the seat of power. Did people allow it to work not to talk of lagos.

We are quick to blame the govt. We never blame ourselves.
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by seguno2: 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
cmpunk:
Now this is what you should have pointed out.

And what works in Nigeria anyway. Cctv was installed in the seat of power. Did people allow it to work not to talk of lagos.

We are quick to blame the govt. We never blame ourselves.

CCTV was also "installed" by Fashola and again by Ambode.
Please do you mind explaining the difference between the government and ourselves?
Thanks
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by cmpunk: 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
seguno2:

CCTV was also "installed" by Fashola and again by Ambode.
Please do you mind explaining the difference between the government and ourselves?
Thanks

I've made my opinion known so have you. Bye
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by pensilpyper(m): 10:23pm On Oct 11, 2017
after construction it is there but na those idiots wey dey claim sey dem want their own country dey cut am use am do another of dia aba stuffs dem wan kill us finish 4 here make dey go fastfast sef
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by walesalak(m): 10:42pm On Oct 11, 2017
shocked
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by glyobed: 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2017
pensilpyper:
after construction it is there but na those idiots wey dey claim sey dem want their own country dey cut am use am do another of dia aba stuffs dem wan kill us finish 4 here make dey go fastfast sef
[color=#006600][/color] shocked

1 Like

Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by Mouthgag: 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
Florblu:

Do you have a problem with having a civil conversation?

Am I the one responsible for your misfortune? Be guided please
sorry o

Les miserable
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by biz2get(m): 12:14am On Oct 12, 2017
Keneking:
Useless government..i am sure they have used the (hand) rails to bury cables used for Light Up Lagos

The contract for the repairs work would not be publicized now, they would just go to Bourdillion, dobale and show Nairaland (current thread) and Oga would approve straight. sad

Fashola handed over everything good to Ambode ..check the handover notes...Ambode sef cry cry cry

Guy... I would advise you to Verify In formations first before you spew trash up and down..

That bridge has been like that even before the Lagos Bomb Blast.

I don't know where your getting your mindsets from.
Re: Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) by free2ryhme: 2:40am On Oct 12, 2017
WinningSun:

no your assertion is wrong. It was the arrival of the IBOS that used it to make spoon and sell it in the open market. once Ibos leave normalcy will return.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sule Lamido Delivers Own Polling Unit To Atiku, PDP / Dino Melaye: Some Spend Money On Cocaine, Homosexuals But I Prefer Cars / Soldiers Beat Salihu Aliyu, The Galadima Of Tungan-Maje & Family Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.