Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,328 members, 7,836,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria (30470 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum / FFK Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria / Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Paperwhite(m): 7:14am On Oct 14, 2017
Everybody just dey react undecided Shei na chemical reaction nii
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Chukazu: 7:21am On Oct 14, 2017
EZEKWEZILI made a valid point

But my worries is the president shouldn't be the one advising the World Bank,that should totally be their own prerogative agenda from the Bank

Buhari shouldn't be the one dishing out order to them ,it looks more like a personal interest
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by khalhokage(m): 7:24am On Oct 14, 2017
The same north that receives the highest allocation in the budget, gets the most aid both internationally and domestically, while still providing the least revenue.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by gists: 7:24am On Oct 14, 2017
All of una ipob people should just go and look for buckets to take your cry cry water
PMB will be in ASO rock till 2023.
Yes I know you will call me Yoruba moslem.
Guess what, like anty Oby, I don't care
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by gists: 7:27am On Oct 14, 2017
Chukazu:
EZEKWEZILI made a valid point

But my worries is the president shouldn't be the one advising the World Bank,that should totally be their own prerogative agenda from the Bank

Buhari shouldn't be the one dishing out order to them ,it looks more like a personal interest
Just listen to yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by istandfortruth: 7:33am On Oct 14, 2017
The truth is that Buhari's nepotism is still crystal clear for all to see...thats if hate hasn't beclouded thier hearts.

If the president was interpreted wrongly and his action, speeches, body language and inactions showed otherwise that would have been a different case. But everything about Buhari really showed he is only interested in the North...not even the entire North but thats talk for another day.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Misterdhee1(m): 7:34am On Oct 14, 2017
rifasenate11:
please Aunty Oby, are you saying for fact that the president of world back who is highly disciplined is lying??. well, I cannot blame you at all, PMB has done what is unimaginable Alright. it maybe hard for you to believe it. but, a lot of people don't need to be told by the president of world back, that PMB is a sectional bAstrd.
Where is ur dad?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by okerekeikpo: 7:38am On Oct 14, 2017
Shameless woman
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Misterdhee1(m): 7:41am On Oct 14, 2017
ivandragon:
the Niger Delta has been ravaged for over 40 years, why can't PMB also request for a special focus for the region that put Nigeria on the map as a key nation?

Lagos state is being threatened to be over run by the Atlantic ocean, why can't a special focus be given to the issue?

so when world bank gives loans to rehabilitate the north which started the destruction of their own land just to spite southern leaders, it is the same south that will be ravaged to pay back the loan...

madam oby, do not let the fear of PMB make you pull your punches, as a former VP at the WB, you know quite well the region that will be exploited to repay the loans...

do you think its fair?

Are you sure you read all she said? Niger Delta has always received interventions in various forms. Lagos state's issue can never be a priority for the FG at this moment. Even though you despise the man, you shouldn't be scared of being truthful at times when it matters. North East and in extension the Northern region needs all the interventions and aids it can get at this time. Millions have been dipslaced and rendered homeless.. Several villages are practically non-existent again. You really don't have to politicize everything. It's not even as though it's the World Bank that will solve the gross of our national problems.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by musicwriter(m): 7:49am On Oct 14, 2017
Sycophancy has always been a major problem for this country.

If the world bank operates that way; why would they need Buhari's input to know what part of the country to prioritize? Of course, the world bank would do what a president of a country tells them, because they're really not interested in development. But, this's entirely a different topic.

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by AntiWailer: 7:51am On Oct 14, 2017
Thanks Oby.

What people failed to understand is that your criticism will make no sense when u jump at everything to speak against some one.

That you did not support him does not mean He is always wrong and that you support him does not mean he is always right.

Lack of balance is what makes you a wailer
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by GavelSlam: 7:59am On Oct 14, 2017
musicwriter:

If the world bank operates that way; why would they need Buhari's input to know what part of the country to prioritize?

You are a songwriter/philosopher, while an ex World Bank VP has laid down the truth, yet you refuse to believe.

It's like me saying a stradivarius is not a violin what do I know about music but listen to it?

Try and remove any form of bias in your opinion shaping Mr.philosopher cum Musician.

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by EmekaBlue(m): 8:00am On Oct 14, 2017
Wailing form has been SOLD OUT....Remain with ur dullardeen madam
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by AntiWailer: 8:03am On Oct 14, 2017
EmekaBlue:
Wailing form has been SOLD OUT....Remain with ur dullardeen madam

Did you read ?

Try to read so you won't be sounding like a chronic idiot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by AntiWailer: 8:04am On Oct 14, 2017
musicwriter:

If the world bank operates that way; why would they need Buhari's input to know what part of the country to prioritize? Of course, the world bank would do what a president of a country tells them, because they're really not interested in development. But, this's entirely a different topic.

She spoke as a former Vice Pesident in World Bank.

Can we meet you please ?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by eLcastro(m): 8:07am On Oct 14, 2017
jayson87:
Buhari telling World Bank, to focus on north east, whether misread, misquoted, misinterpreted IS NOT OUT OF PLACE. That region is in need of rehabilitation and restoration after the menace brought upon them by the activities of Boko Haram Insurgents. Over 10 million IDPs are in Borno alone
so borno hs over 10mil citizenz......more people than kano and lagos put together.........someone should pls help me with that "bros use ur brain" pix for this ni99a
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by refreshrate: 8:07am On Oct 14, 2017
CharleyBright:
.Dear Mr President, I was never your fan and so i was indifferent even as i partially supported your election as President because I wanted the Past GEJ Administration out of office cos of their flagrant corruption.
Two years after your election, you have shown all the traits that made me not to be your fan. Stubbornness, high handedness, I-know- it -all attitude, Religious bigotry, Sectionalism, Nepotism and Administrative incompetence has been your way. They are still very much in u.
Dear Mr President, When it is needful for you to voice your thoughts on burning issues, you always chose to be silent because it involves your kith and kin. And whenever you chose to talk, you spew your bigotry nature and tear the country apart along ethnic and religious lines.
Dear Mr President, your request to the world bank chief to focus on and favor the North is an attestation of your Nepotic inclination and very synonymous with your [b]95% to 5% [/b]acrimonious analogy.
Nigeria has never been this divided like is it in last two years since your election.
Dear Mr President, you wanted the record so badly to be a Military Head of State as well as civilian President. You came, you have seen, you have conquered. That's enough.
We wanted Corruption out, but you came with your Bigotry to add to the corruption. Indeed Nigerians are worse off than they were during the past administration.
Dear Mr President, come 2019, do Nigerians some good and pack yourself out of Aso Rock.
We will do our duty to pray we don't have another you as occupant of that villa.

It's 97% to 5% actually.

2 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by ivandragon: 8:14am On Oct 14, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Are you sure you read all she said? Niger Delta has always received interventions in various forms. Lagos state's issue can never be a priority for the FG at this moment. Even though you despise the man, you shouldn't be scared of being truthful at times when it matters. North East and in extension the Northern region needs all the interventions and aids it can get at this time. Millions have been dipslaced and rendered homeless.. Several villages are practically non-existent again. You really don't have to politicize everything. It's not even as though it's the World Bank that will solve the gross of our national problems.

do you know the hundreds of millions of dollars in aid that has been given & pledged to assist the reconstruction of the North East? was there any complain about that?

when BH started with the destruction of churches & killings of non-muslims, didn't the North keep quiet because the destruction was targeted at non-salafists?

the problem with you & your ilk is that you dabble into areas you have no knowledge, but because you lot make a lot of noise, you think you are knowledgeable in that area.

you say the ND has being receiving interventions, fine, hasn't the North also being receiving same?

you say villages are non existent, do you know the number of areas in the ND that have become inhospitable because of the reckless oil exploration? at least once BH is 'defeated' people in the North can go back to their villages, some villages in the ND will remain inhospitable for at least 50 years...

look, take your myopic view elsewhere. argue with your fellow airheads please.

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by ProEnergy: 8:14am On Oct 14, 2017
naptu2:
Dr Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To President Buhari's Request To The World Bank To Focus On Northern-Eastern Nigeria.

Dr Oby Ezekwesili has been very critical of the Buhari Administration in recent times and this has also earned her criticism from President Buhari's supporters, but she said that the fact that she stands on the side of truth means that she will say the truth about anyone, regardless of whether they consider her to be a friend or an enemy.

And therefore she decided to say the truth about President Buhari’s request to the World Bank to focus on the North-East. Remember that she served as vice president of the World Bank, so she knows how the organisation works.

https://mobile.twitter.com/obyezeks/status/918867858926514178

The question and answer that led to the controversy

was thesame gesture shown to the southeast people after the civil war? if no, then madam shut the hell up.

2 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by degamemaster(m): 8:19am On Oct 14, 2017
rifasenate11:
please Aunty Oby, are you saying for fact that the president of world back who is highly disciplined is lying??. well, I cannot blame you at all, PMB has done what is unimaginable Alright. it maybe hard for you to believe it. but, a lot of people don't need to be told by the president of world back, that PMB is a sectional bAstrd.
Hmmm, maybe she thinks that she knows more than the world Bank president who advised the burukutu old drunk animal to better focus his developmental agenda on HUMAN CAPACITY development and not on self inflicted northern crises.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by EmekaBlue(m): 8:21am On Oct 14, 2017
AntiWailer:

Did you read ?

Try to read so you won't be sounding like a chronic idiot.
who cares about her tweets upon tweets of rant. She thinks maybe she will be given an appointment this time to handle what have always been her dream. NorthEast NGO chop scheme but she doesnt know the chief dullard wife is incharge of that section.

I will be waiting here in advance for wailings when she gets ignored
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by userplainly(m): 8:24am On Oct 14, 2017
We keep seeing post like Obi one tin one tin reacts to buhari's this or Ohanaeze speaks on buhari bla bla... Ibo pipo keeps talking n making noise while Lagos Yoruba men r working day n night building Lagos, I know say my state leaders "delta state na dirty mindless twats sha" but the amount of effort Igbo leaders use in their reactions to buhari or ipob or army issue is too much, if they channel that effort to development they would've been chasing Lagos by now....

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by musicwriter(m): 8:27am On Oct 14, 2017
AntiWailer:

She spoke as a former Vice Pesident in World Bank.

Can we meet you please ?

I am speaking from the perspective of a historian.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by musicwriter(m): 8:28am On Oct 14, 2017
GavelSlam:

You are a songwriter/philosopher, while an ex World Bank VP has laid down the truth, yet you refuse to believe.

It's like me saying a stradivarius is not a violin what do I know about music but listen to it?

Try and remove any form of bias in your opinion shaping Mr.philosopher cum Musician.

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by GavelSlam: 8:29am On Oct 14, 2017
ivandragon:

do you know the hundreds of millions of dollars in aid that has been given & pledged to assist the reconstruction of the North East? was there any complain about that?

when BH started with the destruction of churches & killings of non-muslims, didn't the North keep quiet because the destruction was targeted at non-salafists?

the problem with you & your ilk is that you dabble into areas you have no knowledge, but because you lot make a lot of noise, you think you are knowledgeable in that area.

you say the ND has being receiving interventions, fine, hasn't the North also being receiving same?

you say villages are non existent, do you know the number of areas in the ND that have become inhospitable because of the reckless oil exploration? at least once BH is 'defeated' people in the North can go back to their villages, some villages in the ND will remain inhospitable for at least 50 years...

look, take your myopic view elsewhere. argue with your fellow airheads please.

As a man from the Niger Delta I insist oil exploration hardly ever is the cause of pollution in the Niger Delta.

There is a global standard for oil exploration and it is no different in the Niger Delta.

The oil industry is big on HSEQ, this everybody knows.

The main reason for oil pollution in the Niger Delta is restiveness and outright criminality.

Oil exploration is carried out in most sedimentary basins of the world with very little fallout by way of pollution.

The big question should be why is this the case in the Niger Delta?

I am not afraid to tell the truth regardless of whose ox is gored.

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by GavelSlam: 8:31am On Oct 14, 2017
musicwriter:

And you know more than a former VP who even provided a quote on the question posed to Mr. Kim which elicited his reaction?
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by chineduemmao: 8:33am On Oct 14, 2017
FriendNG:
Pigs come and insult Oby. Call her use and dump as usual.

Oby who was once in the position of Kim see no wrong in moving focus to North East Nigeria.

The conflict of Boko Haram affect the whole north. There isn't a region without a bomb blast in the north during the last administration.

Infact Jos (NC) and Kano (NW) suffered insurgency more than Gombe state and Taraba of Northeast.

And North West is now safe in the hands of Pmb and not the lies you're trying to paint.

Tell me when last bomb blast happen in Northwest and North central since the coming of this new administration and I will list countless number of bomblast in these two regions b4 the coming of Buhari.

You must not lie to make your point.
boko haram terrorised the north ipob terrorised the east so what are you saying?
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by musicwriter(m): 8:34am On Oct 14, 2017
GavelSlam:

And you know more than a former VP who even provided a quote on the question posed to Mr. Kim which elicited his reaction?

Yes, I know more than her, not about her job, but why the world bank is there to begin with.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by ajepako(f): 8:36am On Oct 14, 2017
Firefire:
Buhary is a bigoted sectional ruler, period!

Oti oh... Buhari issa saint joh...

Abeg no vex some pipu oh... cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by GavelSlam: 8:39am On Oct 14, 2017
userplainly:
We keep seeing post like Obi one tin one tin reacts to buhari's this or Ohanaeze speaks on buhari bla bla... Ibo pipo keeps talking n making noise while Lagos Yoruba men r working day n night building Lagos, I know say my state leaders "delta state na dirty mindless twats sha" but the amount of effort Igbo leaders use in their reactions to buhari or ipob or army issue is too much, if they channel that effort to development they would've been chasing Lagos by now....

The problem with many of you that have never achieved anything meaningful with your lives is that you always assume everybody else plays at your level.

Has it ever occurred to you that a former VP of the World Bank can never be in need of work?

Are you aware she's on the Board of Airtel?

The World Wildlife Federation?

Any of these roles if your kinsmen had, he would be beleaguered with all the villagers every time he comes home.

Shameless people who have no respect for people who have toiled and succeeded in life.

2 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Arysexy(m): 8:43am On Oct 14, 2017
bkool7:

Did Ipob bomb anywhere in the East?

or was there war in the East?

Can u compare d Biafra war devastation where d whole east was leveled to d ground with what happened in d NE? How did Nigeria rehabilitate the East after d war?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Oyakhilome, Peter Obi, Gbenga Daniels Visit Obasanjo On His 87th Birthday / Reno Omokri Publicly Caught Posting Fake News (Photos) / Governor Matawalle Snubs Sadiya Umar Faruk, Humanitarian Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.