Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,553 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria (30472 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum / FFK Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria / Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Aliex: 2:05pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hauled insults?

Ma, it's hurled insults

Ok to everything else you said. smiley
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by ivandragon: 2:31pm On Oct 14, 2017
GavelSlam:

I said in my last post that you would refer to a time far behind, and without any solid evidence.

To the issue of beer parlour analysis, some of us have actually been on oilfields worldwide. Name it, we've been there.

We speak from the point of experience not hear say

please, safe your tales by moonlight for those whom blown away by 'oilfilelds' around the world.

besides, did you miss the part I said 'over 40 years'? because I don't know what you are all about... or I guess you are one of those millennium babies, so no clue on history...

if you knew my education, training & work experience, you wouldn't open your mouth to talk to me about sociopolitical matters.

but alas, Nairaland gives even the clueless a say.

that been said, go & read the UNEP reports & EMPIRICAL research, on the matter.

as you claim to have worked on oil rigs around the world, some of us have lived with the communities that are most affected by your operations.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
madam pls its ok. .your grammar don do. .we don hear. .
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by 989900: 2:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
PMB's perceived nepotism amplified/twisted/coloured a reasonable and noble request the wrong way.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by GavelSlam: 2:48pm On Oct 14, 2017
ivandragon:

please, safe your tales by moonlight for those whom blown away by 'oilfilelds' around the world.

besides, did you miss the part I said 'over 40 years'? because I don't know what you are all about... or I guess you are one of those millennium babies, so no clue on history...

if you knew my education, training & work experience, you wouldn't open your mouth to talk to me about sociopolitical matters.

but alas, Nairaland gives even the clueless a say.

that been said, go & read the UNEP reports & EMPIRICAL research, on the matter.

as you claim to have worked on oil rigs around the world, some of us have lived with the communities that are most affected by your operations.

Simple thing, provide a singular example of oil spillage relating to E&P activity in the Niger Delta completely erased from sabotage.

The Deepwater horizon incident of the GOM in 2010 is well known.

Please, identify its local peer.

With your purported experience you must know that risk assessments are at the very heart of E&P activities.

Even when spills occur they are so minor and immediately mitigated the environment doesn't get as despoiled as much as found in the ND.

Same strategy used worldwide.

The devastation of the ND suggests outright sabotage is primarily the most destructive and regular reason for oil pollution in the area.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Chukazu: 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2017
gists:

You are beyond redemption.
You're still talking trash even after Madam Oby's insight. I can understand you reacted based on ignorance fueled by sentiment. But for you to still say this even after Oby's messages shows that you are beyond redemption.
Bye.

Please don't quote me without your far fetched frivolous comments
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Kaziar: 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
MY GOD, HAS ETHNICITY AND TRIBAL DIFFERENCES REALLY BLINDED US SO. SAY WHAT YOU WILL ABOUT THE PRESIDENT, ANALYZE WHAT HE SAID OR DIDN'T SAY IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO LIVE IN THE NORTH EAST AND ITS IDP CAMPS. WHAT IT MEANS TO BE DRIVEN FROM YOUR HOME, YOUR LIVELIHOOD TO A CAMP WHERE YOU TOTALLY DEPEND ON THE GOVERNMENT FOR EVERYTHING INCLUDING YOUR LIVE.
YOU STAY AT THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME AND BEMOAN THE FACT THAT THE GOVERNMENT NO MATTER IT'S NUMEROUS FAULTS DIRECTED OUTSIDE ATTENTION TOWARDS THEM. I MAY NOT BE HAUSA AND I MAY NOT LIVE IN THE NORTH EAST BUT WHAT I KNOW IS THAT
I AM HUMAN JUST AS THEY ARE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by ivandragon: 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
GavelSlam:

Simple thing, provide a singular example of oil spillage relating to E&P activity in the Niger Delta completely erased from sabotage.

The Deepwater horizon incident of the GOM in 2010 is well known.

Please, identify its local peer.

With your purported experience you must know that risk assessments are at the very heart of E&P activities.

Even when spills occur they are so minor and immediately mitigated the environment doesn't get as despoiled as much as found in the ND.

Same strategy used worldwide.

The devastation of the ND suggests outright sabotage is primarily the most destructive and regular reason for oil pollution in the area.

once again, you show how little knowledge you have about what you claim to practice.

do you know that there have been over 4000 oil spill incidents in the ND?

so you don't know the Bonga oil spill in 2011?

the exxonmobil spill in 2010?

the ogoni oil spills in 2000/2001?

however, in your ignorance, you think it is only when a major incident happens that it is an issue?

I can't believe I am even talking to a so called professional on this matter.

better stop deceiving yourself that you work in the oil industry.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by nairanaira12: 5:15pm On Oct 14, 2017
FriendNG:
Pigs come and insult Oby. Call her use and dump as usual.

Oby who was once in the position of Kim see no wrong in moving focus to North East Nigeria.

Wasn't there a bomb blast in Lagos too?

The conflict of Boko Haram affect the whole north. There isn't a region without a bomb blast in the north during the last administration.

Infact Jos (NC) and Kano (NW) suffered insurgency more than Gombe state and Taraba of Northeast.

And North West is now safe in the hands of Pmb and not the lies you're trying to paint.

Tell me when last bomb blast happen in Northwest and North central since the coming of this new administration and I will list countless number of bomblast in these two regions b4 the coming of Buhari.

You must not lie to make your point.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Codes151(m): 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
She’s a fool!! And any fool supporting her... how does developing the north aid a diversified and biased country like nigeria?? She’s a fool
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Kemperor: 5:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
CharleyBright:
. world bank chief to focus on and favor the North is an attestation of your Nepotic inclination and very synonymous with your 95% to 5% acrimonious analogy.

He said 97% for the people that voted him and 5% for the people that didn't...

I know you are trying to correct him but as a public servant we must hold him accountable to his words because of the sensitivity of his position which he has failed to acknowledge...

The man was forged in "Failure and wickedness" and he will pass away as a "Failure and in wickedness "
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by zoedew: 6:40pm On Oct 14, 2017
#celebratetruth
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Justiceleague1: 7:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
The juju looking oby desparately needs a job grin
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by bkool7(m): 7:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
egoldman:

So Ipob didn't bomb anywhere in the east ? why was that operation python necessary ?and why were they declared terrorists ?

They have exercise the tendency to be a terrorist group by attacking the military, innocent civilians and burning of mosques.
You are not implying that the FG ought to have wiated till Igbos become armed and dangerous like BH before tackling the menace?
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by rifasenate11(m): 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2017
Bigsteveg:

She was once a VP in the same organization now.
Perhaps, I'll ilmplore you yo read the message well and understand.
The bank focus more on conflict regions which in Nigeria case is the north.

the bank focus on every region that had the tendency of causing humanitarian crises. in as much as the North has that situation already existing why would the President ask world bank to focus on the North alone, not forgetting the effect of heavy drilling and oil spillage in the Nigerdelta regions and its effect on the environment in the future and what will happen to the communities there.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by naptu2: 9:54pm On Oct 14, 2017

NIGER DELTA MINISTRY, WORLD BANK TO COLLABORATE ON COASTAL AREAS DEVELOPMENT

Efforts to alleviate the sufferings of the people living in the coastal communities of the Niger Delta is in sight as the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs and the World Bank are entering into partnership to develop a masterplan on the development and protection of the areas.

This collaboration is coming as a response to the need to encourage economic activities in the Niger Delta region, as well as to protect it from further environmental degradation.

This was disclosed when the Honourable Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Usani Uguru Usani played host to a delegation of the World Bank Group, led by Dahlia Lotayef in Abuja, on Monday.

“This visit is a fall out of the meeting on West Africa Coastal Areas Management Programme held in Lome, Togo, recently”, the Minister said.

Pastor Usani reiterated that the Ministry would look into deliberations at the just concluded summit with the purpose of finding ways of utilizing them to develop and enhance economic and social activities in the coastal areas of the Niger Delta region.

He stressed that the livelihood of the people in the coastal areas of the Niger Delta region depends largely on maritime activities, hence the need for the World Bank to align the promotion and protection of agricultural activities into its programmes in the region.

“Niger Delta region does not cover the entire coastal areas of Nigeria, so it is imperative that the West Africa Coastal Areas Development Programme (WACA) considers improving the economic activities in the various sectors of all the coastal communities in Nigeria”, Usani said. 

In her remarks, the leader of the delegation, Dahlia Lotayef said the West Africa Coastal Areas Management Programme (WACA) was established by the World Bank in 2015 in response to demand from the countries in the region to manage their growing   coastal erosion and flooding problems.

According to her, “WACA is designed to improve the livelihoods of the coastal communities in West Africa by reducing the vulnerability of its coastal areas and promoting climate-resilient integrated coastal management.”

“The programme’s mix of technical assistance and investments will seek to preserve and rehabilitate the natural coastal resources essential for livelihoods, spur economic development ,increase social welfare and support the sustainable development of key growth sectors, such as agro-industry, fisheries, offshore petroleum exploration/production  and tourism”, she added.

Signed

Marshall Gundu

Director Press

25th October, 2016

http://nigerdelta.gov.ng/index.php/new1/171-niger-delta-ministry-world-bank-to-collaborate-on-coastal-areas-development
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by naptu2: 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Oblang(m): 10:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
desmond2pk:
Now that the east Has suffered ipob and Nigeria army war, are they going to shift their focus to the east?

U mean to nnamdi kanu's compound... grin grin
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by palearab: 3:20am On Oct 15, 2017
Truth be told World Bank will not and as not help Nigeria in the first place the president telling World Bank to focus in the North its just stupid and Lazy!!!!
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by egoldman(m): 2:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
bkool7:

They have exercise the tendency to be a terrorist group by attacking the military, innocent civilians and burning of mosques.
You are not implying that the FG ought to have wiated till Igbos become armed and dangerous like BH before tackling the menace?

And what tendencies do you think the fulani herdsmen have been exercising all these while ? and do you think it's time for the government to reign in on them just like it did with ipob .
And while you answer the question , don't forget that fulani herdsmen has been in existing for years before ipob , waiting for your answer .
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by bkool7(m): 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2017
egoldman:

And what tendencies do you think the fulani herdsmen have been exercising all these while ? and do you think it's time for the government to reign in on them just like it did with ipob .
And while you answer the question , don't forget that fulani herdsmen has been in existing for years before ipob , waiting for your answer .
Fulani is a tribe in Nig. You cant put a blanket on a tribe and label them terrorist.
Ak-47 carrying Fulani herdsmen kidnapping and killing ppl are criminals. They are agitating for anything.
The law enforcement agencies have arrested many Fulani criminals .
The fight between herdsmen and farmers is a long one and the Fg has motivated most states to put a stop to it by passing the anti-grazing law. Thats the only way to stop it.
You cant compare Fulani herdsmen to Igbos.
Ipob is trying to take over a part of Nig , jus like Bh did, by,making all sort of threats. They crossed the line when they floated Biafra Secret Service in Nig and started attacking the army
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by egoldman(m): 4:33am On Oct 16, 2017
bkool7:

Fulani is a tribe in Nig. You cant put a blanket on a tribe and label them terrorist.
Ak-47 carrying Fulani herdsmen kidnapping and killing ppl are criminals. They are agitating for anything.
The law enforcement agencies have arrested many Fulani criminals .
The fight between herdsmen and farmers is a long one and the Fg has motivated most states to put a stop to it by passing the anti-grazing law. Thats the only way to stop it.
You cant compare Fulani herdsmen to Igbos.
Ipob is trying to take over a part of Nig , jus like Bh did, by,making all sort of threats. They crossed the line when they floated Biafra Secret Service in Nig and started attacking the army

You say that Igbos are trying to take over a part of Nigeria, well have they don't that yet, the answer is obvious, they have not.
Now compare that to Fulani Herdsmen who have boldly sacked villages and communities, and yet you imply that passing the anti-grazing law is the ONLY way to deal with it.
One have been wasting lives and properties while the other one has not killed a soul yet, and don't forget these herdsmen are rated 4th most deadly terror group in the world, but here you label them criminals just like Shehu Musa your brother, make una continue.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Ade3000yrs(m): 8:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
gooood

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Publicly Caught Posting Fake News (Photos) / I Am Proud Of Buhari Proudly Nigerian On Zaynab Release - Fani-kayode / Pastor Oyakhilome, Peter Obi, Gbenga Daniels Visit Obasanjo On His 87th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.