Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. (4368 Views)

Three Categories Of "Atheists" On Nairaland: we were/are right. / A Question For All Atheists On Nairaland / Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by PastorAIO: 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
If the people being plagiarized were not foreigners by compatriot nigerians, would that make the plagiarization any better. You seem to find the fact that it is foreigners being plagiarized particularly offensive.

THT80:
Yesterday, I created a thread on the dilemma that atheists have to shoulder in answering questions pertaining to morality, and as a consequence of the likely outcomes of this dilemma, the potentially harmful effects it could have on the moral framework of society which is strongly tethered to religious values. As was expected, the thread was invaded by a slew of atheists whose sensitivities were hurt by the truth which I did my best to present in an articulate fashion, and they tried all they could to refute my arguments, but failed woefully.

As I tried my best to muster enough interest to continue engaging in what I felt was a diasapointing showcase, given that I was responding repeatedly to weak arguments and subsequent weaker arguments from over five different people, most of which were clutching at straws and conveniently dancing around every question I threw at them, I had the misfortune of reading the argument of a fellow who went by the username hopefulLandlord; a username that I felt embodied and reflected his deepest wish.
As I read his argument in response to mine, it struck me as a bit off. Not only was the phraseology and sentence structure different and more sophisticated than the one in his previous comments, the post was strewn with more logic and rationality than in all of the posts I had been laboriously trying to refute. I immediately realised that this wall of text couldn't have been written by hopefulLandlord. This was proven to be true after I accused him of plagiarising online posts only for him to implicitly deny, and moments later, be proven to be culpable of the act which he was denying.

Below is a link to the post he plagiarized and the comments that followed that led to his being caught.

https://www.nairaland.com/4113374/moral-dilemma-makes-atheism-unwise

After realizing how much of a waste of time it was for me to take the pain of replying to comments that were borrowed from smarter people, I abandoned the debate and channeled my time into something more productive.

Fast forward to this morning, I was exploring the threads on Islamic section and I came across a video by a supposed atheist who was trying to use the video as a point of emphasis to demonstrate the reason people leave Islam. After watching the video, I was genuinely interested in reading the opinions of people on the subject. I hadn't read more that five comments when I came across a comment from an atheist that went by the username donnffd. His comment bore a lot of resemblance to the one plagiarised by hopefulandlord as it bespoke of the intelligence and rationality of the writer, a quality that I have come to notice is nonexistent in most of the atheists that I encountered since joining this forum. So guided by curiousity, I copied a sentence from his post and uploaded it on the search box on google and clicked on the search icon. The search results were astonishing. Right on the top of the search results was a link to a website that had among it's posts, the exact replica of donnffd's comment. I mean verbatim. I was shocked. How could I have witnessed plagiarism of this sort twice in the space of 24 hours?

Below is the link to donnffd's post.

https://www.nairaland.com/3249077/why-people-leave-islam-spoken

Below is a link to the post he plagiarized.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx

My experience left me with certain opinions which I believe will be reinforced if I take the time to examine the posts of other atheists. It's quite appalling that people who pride themselves as the gate keepers of reason and rationality, display, demonstrably, the opposite. How unintelligent and shameless can you be to use the exact comments of foreigners to reply to a thread created in a forum designed by a citizen of your country and populated by denizens of your country? I mean these dudes weren't even smart enough to at least paraphrase the posts they plagiarized.

With a heavy heart I have to say that my beliefs and opinions are starting to gravitate towards stereotypical notions surrounding the inferiority of black Africans relative to intelligence and creativity. If we borrowed the religion and cultures of other races and geographical groups, at the detriment of ours, must we also borrow their arguments verbatim?
It's quite a shame that with all the access to knowledge and tools for self development that technology has provided us, presumably educated men can't formulate their ideas with their own words.

And what's more annoying is the arrogance and extremely outsized degree of self conceit these atheists exhibit. How can people who allude to being more intelligent and more rational than theists by reason of their unique critical thinking skills, not be able to express themselves with their own words and their own independent ideas? I can't overemphasize how much of a disappointment this is. I don't think people like this should be taken seriously by anyone.
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Daeylar(f): 12:20pm On Oct 18, 2017
NPComplete:
No matter how bad you are, you still have to feel sorry for THT80 though.
From his posts you can tell he has been lurking in the shadows all this while reading Nairaland as a guest or with an alternative account. Gently penning down his thoughts and refining them. Putting the right words and grammar at the right places and beautifying it with a cosmetic of word salad.

He had carefully selected what he considers the strongest intellectual sections on Nairaland; the religious section and the literature section. He is going to force his intelligence on them and Nairaland will know of the rising of a genius. And for good measure he decided to add the romance section too. Surely those bimbos there will swoon at the sight of his English and trip over themselves as they flock to him. Easy pickings. Finally he was going to have his big moment.

He was going to prove to himself he was truly intelligent even though the events in his life seem to show otherwise. People he considers inferior are doing better in life yet he himself, for all his intelligence, has nothing to show and was beginning to look like a joke. The intelligence must count for something. He must feel in control again. Nairaland will be a good place to start.

Sadly it was not to be so. Now everything has backfired spectacularly. Turns out them bimbos aren't as gullible as he thought. What was supposed to be very easy turned out to be very hard. Now he is being shred by little girls in the romance section, mauled by the inferior writers in the literature section and sodomised by atheists in the religious section. This is not how it was all supposed to go.

This was supposed to be a triumph. Now he his even worse off than before he opened this account. Even less self-esteem, no triumph, no groupies, no nothing. All he has now is only shame, more enemies........and the giant bag of dicks he is being forced to suck on.

Na wa oh, this is too much, ah ah. I wanted to tell you to have mercy them I realised he didn't have mercy on those in literature section,
Chaii, lol, seems like an accurate breakdown of his thought process,

It's truly sad, he didn't need to do all that, but if he can show how terrible he is and how much he needs validation from anonymous strangers online I really wonder how the people who have the pleasure of knowing him in real life are coping.

I just wish he will realise that he doesn't need all these,
Although all this points to a mental disorder. Let him get the help he needs

I just don't want to hear that anyone committed suicide.

1 Like

Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Jesuschrist419: 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
Daeylar:

Na wa oh, this is too much, ah ah. I wanted to tell you to have mercy them I realised he didn't have mercy on those in literature section,
Chaii, lol, seems like an accurate breakdown of his thought process,

It's truly sad, he didn't need to do all that, but if he can show how terrible he is and how much he needs validation from anonymous strangers online I really wonder how the people who have the pleasure of knowing him in real life are coping.

I just wish he will realise that he doesn't need all these,
Although all this points to a mental disorder. Let him get the help he needs

I just don't want to hear that anyone committed suicide.
fine girl
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 18, 2017
THT80:
It's exciting to see how fanatically obsessed some people are over me. The dimwit above even had to type me an essay to prove his worth to me. It's such a shame that I haven't deemed him worthy of a response, and I never will. I don't respond to the comments of fools.
You can't even hide your pain. You keep coming back to cry. I can feel the vibration of the particles in your brain, as they break free from their fixed lattice positions and slide over one another in a liquid state - this is called MELTING POINT. The energy of disgrace, pain and defeat responsible for this change is called LATENT HEAT OF FUSION. You can no longer withstand the temperature of the shellacking. The diseased fabrics you call brain cells can no longer sustain their unity. That's what you get for being a bombastic idiot obsessesed with bigging himself up and calling others ants.

You don't reply the comments of fools? How many "fools" did your "sapiosexual" self reply on your thread in romance section? You even asked yourself, "who will be the next fool to come into the ring". Some stvpid statement like that. Now, you're AFRAID of replying "fools"? grin

Did you say he wrote an essay to prove his worth to you? Like you wrote a 4-pages worth of newspaper article to prove your "intelligence" to romancelanders? grin He was actually destroying you with a poetic script - the kind of which your "impeccable English" could never construct.

Your coffin is completed with its nails, bruh. Get inside like a good boy and quit the pointless chest-beating. You've been crushed.

1 Like

Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by 1Sharon(f): 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2017
THT80:
Pained atheist babies are still crying. How pathetic.

Next time, learn to formulate your own ideas independently. Stop plagiarizing posts by smarter foreigners on online forums and you won't suffer the embarrassment you all just did.

Smarter foreigners? Do you have inferiority complex?
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by CatfishBilly: 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
1Sharon:

Smarter foreigners? Do you have inferiority complex?
He has this insane mix of superiority and inferiority complex at the same damn time, it's amazing.

He's a chimera.
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 19, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
Lol. Don't mind me, bro. I was just really irritated by his arrogance and superiority complex. The most annoying of his adventures being his attempt at destroying the pride, feeling of fulfillment, confidence, and self-esteem of others in the literature section, wickedly calling their sweat and hardwork disgusting rubbish and a waste of time.

This lunatic also went to the romance section to tell nairalanders how he considers certain kind of women subhuman, even though no one asked him, all the while, emphasizing his "intelligence" and how those who agree with him are "better than the rest". That's why I considered him deserving of such ridicule and more. He's very stvpid.

By the way, it's been a while. How've you been?
Lol. I've seen his other posts now. I can understand why you got mad. cheesy grin grin Carry on grin grin

I'm OK man, just getting by. Wbu?
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 19, 2017
AnonyNymous:

Lol. I've seen his other posts now. I can understand why you got mad. cheesy grin grin Carry on grin grin

I'm OK man, just getting by. Wbu?
I'm cool. Are you done with those "weird" books?
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Daeylar(f): 7:30am On Oct 19, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:

Lol, he has seen the light,
What books cheesy ? I may be too scared to read them but tell me,
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:35am On Oct 19, 2017
BROS, YOU VICTIMISED GODMUYIS FOR WRONG USAGE OF TENSES, AS IF YOU ARE "MR PERFECT"... BUT I JUST SAW SOME ERRORS IN YOUR WRITE UP.
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 19, 2017
Daeylar:

Lol, he has seen the light,
What books cheesy ? I may be too scared to read them but tell me,
They're philosophical and political books written by the authors of those novels I shared you. I no longer have the link. But I'll look through the history of my deactivated monikers. I might be able to find it.

Good morning. How're you doing today?
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 19, 2017
Found it: https://illuminatenorden.
Cc. Daeylar
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Daeylar(f): 8:33am On Oct 19, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
Found it: https://illuminatenorden.

Cc. Daeylar

Thank you,
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
Yeah bro. Some parts I didn't fully understand but some parts opened a whole new line of thinking for me. I hardly argue here anymore now, I just ask for opinions. Except for when a post's too ridiculous to ignore grin
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
AnonyNymous:

Yeah bro. Some parts I didn't fully understand but some parts opened a whole new line of thinking for me. I hardly argue here anymore now, I just ask for opinions. Except for when a post's too ridiculous to ignore grin
That's cool. Indeed. One has to be really sophisticated to fully grasp some of their ideas. I guess I haven't reached that level of intellectual sophistication quite yet. grin

Remember me if you plan to make any purchases, please. You promised, right. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by wirinet(m): 7:01pm On Oct 19, 2017
-
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by wirinet(m): 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2017
NPComplete:
No matter how bad you are, you still have to feel sorry for THT80 though.
From his posts you can tell he has been lurking in the shadows all this while reading Nairaland as a guest or with an alternative account. Gently penning down his thoughts and refining them. Putting the right words and grammar at the right places and beautifying it with a cosmetic of word salad.

He had carefully selected what he considers the strongest intellectual sections on Nairaland; the religious section and the literature section. He is going to force his intelligence on them and Nairaland will know of the rising of a genius. And for good measure he decided to add the romance section too. Surely those bimbos there will swoon at the sight of his English and trip over themselves as they flock to him. Easy pickings. Finally he was going to have his big moment.

He was going to prove to himself he was truly intelligent even though the events in his life seem to show otherwise. People he considers inferior are doing better in life yet he himself, for all his intelligence, has nothing to show and was beginning to look like a joke. The intelligence must count for something. He must feel in control again. Nairaland will be a good place to start.

Sadly it was not to be so. Now everything has backfired spectacularly. Turns out them bimbos aren't as gullible as he thought. What was supposed to be very easy turned out to be very hard. Now he is being shred by little girls in the romance section, mauled by the inferior writers in the literature section and sodomised by atheists in the religious section. This is not how it was all supposed to go.

This was supposed to be a triumph. Now he his even worse off than before he opened this account. Even less self-esteem, no triumph, no groupies, no nothing. All he has now is only shame, more enemies........and the giant bag of dicks he is being forced to suck on.

You have correctly profiled this guy. You should be working for the FBI as you are wasting your talent here.

Due to your observations I viewed the history of this guy and I see he has serious psychological issues, he seems to have a false sense of superiority complex pertaining to intelligence when relating to fellow blacks, but at the same time exhibit another false sense of inferiority complex in relation to the whites.

See one of this posts;

The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by THT80: 7:50am On Oct 18
Matters of family and relationship are very crucial subjects. They are crucial because they deal with the lives of people. Whenever a problem arises from the home or between couples, such problem should be taken as an extremely serious and volatile one because if it is not handled properly, it could lead to the end of such relationship, or even worse. And the scars that would arise out of such outcomes may last through out the lives of the individuals involved and possibly even affect their children.

If all this is the case, and if we, as I suppose, understand how precariously balanced a problem or issue bothering on family or relationship is, why then are we quick to the proffer advice that we aren't competent enough to render?

I don't mean to denigrate the active users on this section, but from all the threads I have read, I have hardly come across any piece of advice that's worth applying. I think it was just in one case that I read something that didn't make me frown. Does this mean that no one on this section is smart enough to render the sort of advice one would find on foreign forums? Is this related to the pervasive claim that black Africans have lower IQs compared to other races, a claim I am trying so hard to reject?

I have been on nairaland religious section for a long time and have seen monikers come and go, and he will not qualify to be among the top 20 intelligent people on this section ( not even among Christians).

As the saying goes; the emptiest drum makes the loudest noise.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Ranchhoddas: 7:41pm On Oct 19, 2017
NPComplete:

Even Felixomor comes up with original argument sometimes.
Is Felixomor now the standard by which foolishness is measured?
Like an SI unit or something?
Just curious.

Felix no be me talk am o. Na this guy wey I quote.
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by felixomor: 7:45pm On Oct 19, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

[s] Is Felixomor now the standard by which foolishness is measured?

Just curious.

Felix no be me talk am o.
Na this guy wey I quote.[/s]

This mumudeen is yet to recover fully from the shock
The guy is now seeing me everytime, everywhere
Hehehehe, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Lmaolol grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by adepeter2027(m): 7:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Just curious.

Felix no be me talk am o. Na this guy wey I quote.
Una wicked oo
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
That's cool. Indeed. One has to be really sophisticated to fully grasp some of their ideas. I guess I haven't reached that level of intellectual sophistication quite yet. grin

Remember me if you plan to make any purchases, please. You promised, right. smiley
Sure man. I have one I can recommend to you. Its called "The Sorrows of Satan". Though its 'fictional' but its the author trying to redefine what 'Satan' in religion is supposed to be. I found their perspective very different and interesting. I have a physical copy but I was also able to download it for free on the internet. Its a good read.
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 19, 2017
AnonyNymous:

Sure man. I have one I can recommend to you. Its called "The Sorrows of Satan". Though its 'fictional' but its the author trying to redefine what 'Satan' in religion is supposed to be. I found their perspective very different and interesting. I have a physical copy but I was also able to download it for free on the internet. Its a good read.
Thanks bro. I'll be pleased to see the book. Kindly share it.
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 19, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
Thanks bro. I'll be pleased to see the book. Kindly share it.
I'd have to Google it to find the link again. And I cant link a direct download to the book itself here, I got banned from Nairaland the last time I did that. Maybe I'll put it on my Google drive and give you a link to that.
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Ranchhoddas: 8:13pm On Oct 19, 2017
felixomor:

This mumudeen is yet to recover fully from the shock The guy is now seeing me everytime, everywhere Hehehehe, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Lmaolol grin
No be me talk am na.
Why you dey face me?
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 19, 2017
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Dalam0n: 8:17pm On Oct 19, 2017
Funny thread.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by felixomor: 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
[s]No be me talk am na.

Why you dey face me[/s]?

He is still jerking. undecided
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

Is Fe.lixomor now the standard by which foolishness is measured?

Just curious.

Na this guy wey I quote.
Haha. The SI unit of stupidity. Kikikiki. My chest. grincheesygrin
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Ranchhoddas: 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2017
felixomor:

He is still jerking. undecided
Yimu.
Oya throw the last blow make I dey go.
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by felixomor: 8:20pm On Oct 19, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
[s]Yimu.

Oya throw the last blow make I dey go[/s].

Looooool grin
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Dalam0n: 8:21pm On Oct 19, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

Just curious.

Na this guy wey I quote.

grin grin

Of course Felixmoron is the standard by which foolishness is measured here. He named himself Felixmoron as a testament to that fact.
Re: Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. by Dalam0n: 8:22pm On Oct 19, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Yimu.

Oya throw the last blow make I dey go.

grin grin.

The SI unit of foolishness that MUST always have the last word. Felixmoron.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Power Against The Battles Of My Father's House / The Wisdom Of Allah's Law Of Retribution (A Bad copy Of the Law Of Moses)? / Black Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.