Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1175577 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AngelicBeing: 4:22pm On May 22, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

2 options
Ist.
1. Get an international passport
2. Go to the altar at your local mosque or church
3. Cut yourself with a knife like the prophets and call down first like Elijah
4. Wait for the fire to imprint the visa on your passport.

Or 2nd
Research /Use Google and follow the steps clearly spelt out in the US embassy website.

Either option works fine
Chai, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com, Lol at cut yourself with a knive, good answer from you, highly recommended for those who wants the US visa very quick without paying the sacrifice to read the thread grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sugah: 5:20pm On May 22, 2018
NothingDoMe:
We know. That's the pidgin pronunciation.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ojolfc(m): 6:10pm On May 22, 2018
Good day to you all
Pls choosing ERIE PENNSYLVANIA as a place to visit in US for a tourism visit. Is it advisable because this location is the same city I will be staying.

Secondly stating 20days in the form is it normal or I should reduce it.
Thanks for your swift response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:36pm On May 22, 2018
Ojolfc:
Good day to you all
Pls choosing ERIE PENNSYLVANIA as a place to visit in US for a tourism visit. Is it advisable because this location is the same city I will be staying.

How long do you really want to stay for?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Haryoureendey4(m): 9:31pm On May 22, 2018
Pls can 700k take me to usa for just 2weeks?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ojolfc(m): 10:12pm On May 22, 2018
seyewest:

How long do you really want to stay for?

14 days
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 10:42pm On May 22, 2018
Haryoureendey4:
Pls can 700k take me to usa for just 2weeks?
Ticket to NYC cost about 356k ($1,000) . You can book A bnb and have a good time with 550k
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:45pm On May 22, 2018
Ojolfc:

14 days
fill that in the form. Be consistent with what you filled in the form.. internalize it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 2:36am On May 23, 2018
Ojolfc:
Good day to you all

I assume you have family/friends there? There’s nothing in Erie, well maybe Lake Erie. Quite boring.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lumzybo: 9:27am On May 23, 2018
Could this be true?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 9:59am On May 23, 2018
UC News
US Embassy Cancel Visa Already Issued To 10 Nigerians For Trying To Claim Asylum In Canada
2018/05/22 19:22:59gistmania.com

It has to come to this before Nigerians pay any seriousness to this issue, most Nigerians are now getting a visit, conference, study (just any kind of visa to land them into the USA) and try to get to the Canadian border to cross into Canada and claim Asylum, the numbers grew so much that the Canadian government had to raise an official petition to the US government to tackle the problem at the source - Which is what the US embassy in Nigeria is doing. The report is that some Nigerians (10 of them) were already granted visas and were ready to travel, but were stopped at the MMA before they board their flights and told to see the consulate at the US embassy, where there visas were subsequently cancelled because they were travelling towards New York, which is the closest city to cross to canadian border on arrival - this arouse the suspicion of the US officers. See the full gist below:

**because they were travelling towards New York, which is the closest city to cross to canadian border on arrival - this arouse the suspicion of the US officers..**

For those applying to new York or other states close to border, think twice and change your location.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 10:11am On May 23, 2018
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:32am On May 23, 2018
lumzybo:
Could this be true?

It's true because a lot of Nigerians are misusing their visit visa... this does not only apply to those with the aim of crossing over to Canada but to those who overstay (4 months and above), work during their visit and those arrested or have issue with the Police.
We Nigerians are just wicked... we misuse every opportunities given to us, Almost all the people leaving for Canada are mostly the middle class earning between N250K - N2M which is the bracket most seeker of U.S visa falls under. Now that the Canadian Govt is working closely with the U.S Govt a lot of visa will be canceled at the airport or at POE....
This does not only apply to JFK/LGA/EWR but other Eastern airport in U.S just be ready to defend your visa if questioned because using JFK as the POE does not mean you have intention of fleeing to Canada so if you want to use JFK please do so far you have nothing to hide.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Hanny4life: 10:37am On May 23, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

2 options
Ist.
1. Get an international passport
2. Go to the altar at your local mosque or church
3. Cut yourself with a knife like the prophets and call down fire like Elijah
4. Wait for the fire to imprint the visa on your passport.

Or 2nd
Research /Use Google and follow the steps clearly spelt out in the US embassy website.

Either option works fine
there is God ooo

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Schwartz: 11:31am On May 23, 2018
Hello guys it is with great joy that i announce today that my visa has been approved. I read this thread like a book. No single documnets asked. The interview was finished in less than 2 minutes ( no exaggeration) i am so over happy. I will be attending a conference.
LadyGuinivere weldone, i recieve the shade you gave me when i asked how to fill visa form.
Thanks all, i wish everyone here sucess

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 11:44am On May 23, 2018
Schwartz:
Hello guys it is with great joy that i announce today that my visa has been approved. I read this thread like a book. No single documnets asked. The interview was finished in less than 2 minutes ( no exaggeration) i am so over happy. I will be attending a conference.
LadyGuinivere weldone, i recieve the shade you gave me when i asked how to fill visa form.

Congrats, please share your transcript... to all hopefuls, people with genuine intention still get visas everyday... dont give up!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:06pm On May 23, 2018
Schwartz:

Nice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by onyxo76(m): 12:13pm On May 23, 2018
Schwartz:
glad for you and well done.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:14pm On May 23, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Idea: Google it
Idea: Check the US website for Nigeria... Also google undecided

Seems this did favor you now @Schwartz. You see? Congrats to you, and thanks to LadyG too!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Schwartz: 12:37pm On May 23, 2018
ayenikunle:

Congrats, please share your transcript... to all hopefuls, people with genuine intention still get visas everyday... dont give up!
Interview was so brief. All i had rehearsed and prepared, i was kinda disappointed i wasnt asked. I greatly presume that the main interview and decisions are from the DS 160 form submitted earlier.
Vo: Greated first with a smile shocked
Me: Goodmorning.
VO: Passport please. (started typing furiously)
So what are you going for? A conference
VO: looked into computer and said scientific conference
Me: i said yes and i began to be less frigid and more relaxed
VO: how many days are you staying?
Me: Around 7 days
Vo: who is sponsoring you?
Me: um me and support from my parents too
Vo: what do they do? What do you do?
Me: they are into Properties but i make .......monthly
VO: how does this conference relate to what you do? I made less than 2 sentences and she asked me to stop lipsrsealed
One or two more questions which i cant remember now but, it was over in a blink, next thing i heard was your visa has been approved. I stood there for a second i couldn't believe it. Many people I know where rejected. I cant understand it o

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by interswitch: 1:08pm On May 23, 2018
bigbus:

1. It depends on what you like and how you want to spend your vacation. Google is your friend, and there loads of tourist/holiday destination review websites.
2. Depends on what plans you make. IMO, it is good you make your plans known. It might save time at the interview, especially if it makes sense.
3. If you make travels plans, you need to put the address. If you use the hotel as your USA contact, you better have a reservation with them.

Thanks for the reply. smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by interswitch: 1:09pm On May 23, 2018
abnot:

Ticket to NYC cost about 356k ($1,000) . You can book A bnb and have a good time with 550k

Please can you throw more light on Booking A bnb. Checked google but couldn't understand anything.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bisolanio(f): 1:17pm On May 23, 2018
Schwartz:

Interview was so brief. All i had rehearsed and prepared, i was kinda disappointed i wasnt asked. I greatly presume that the main interview and decisions are from the DS 160 form submitted earlier.
VO: how does this conference relate to what you do? I made less than 2 sentences and she asked me to stop lipsrsealed
One or two more questions which i cant remember now but, it was over in a blink, next thing i heard was your visa has been approved. I stood there for a second i couldn't believe it. Many people I know where rejected. I cant understand it o

Travel history?
Ties?
Lagos or Abuja
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 1:27pm On May 23, 2018
interswitch:

Please can you throw more light on Booking A bnb. Checked google but couldn't understand anything.
Bnb
Bed and breakfast

Airbnb - a brand. So try googling Airbnb New York if for instance for are going to New York.... I'm sure it will be clearer
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 1:28pm On May 23, 2018
Schwartz:
Thank God for the " shade" to research. Glad it paid off.
Nwabendel see me o! undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:49pm On May 23, 2018
Schwartz:

Preparation is the key... Ties as well.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:50pm On May 23, 2018
interswitch:

Download the app or join airbnb dot com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:51pm On May 23, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Bnb
Bird and breakfast

Airbnb - a brand. So try googling Airbnb New York if for instance for are going to New York.... I'm sure it will be clearer
You try for the guy jare... make he send 10 packs of bottle swan water to you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 3:26pm On May 23, 2018
seyewest:

You try for the guy jare... make he send 10 packs of bottle swan water to you.
Biko Nwanne, what am I doing with water? I get bore hole for my face me I face you.
Na ticket I dey find grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jazzy(f): 3:40pm On May 23, 2018
So, i ve been following this thread since i got my visa approved in April, its funny how i never saw it pre- my interview but daily, i m drawn to just look through and read. let me share my transcript.

Rainy day, got there early, joined the long queue, all i could see was blue papers flying left right and centre, i was calm previously o, until i started observing people returning with their passports and the blue sheet. One particular lady with a shrilly voice wasnt approving any visas, i silently prayed i wouldn't be sent to her. Thankfully my prayers were answered, was sent to a queue with an African American. She took so much time with the lady in front of me and i cant remember if she gave her but i walked up when it was my turn and the following conversation happened.

VO: Good Morning, can i have your passport please.
Me: Good Morning, here it is
VO: What is your purpose for travelling to the United States
Me: i would like to spend my annual vacation on holiday, visiting a friend
VO: Why are your choosing to travel to the United States at this time?
Me: My host has about 15 days ish free and its my vacation period so what better time to travel
VO: (Typing viciously) where will you be staying during in the US
Me: Passaic, New Jersey
VO: What do you do for a living
ME: I work in a XXXX as a Corporate Strategy Analyst
VO: Have you made any trip outside the country before
Me: Yes - Twice to the United Kingdom and the DRC for work last year
VO: (Checks my UK visa with some funny pen that had a light) What did you go to do in the DRC
Me: i work as a Strategy analyst and we went to develop strategic plans for our international subsidiary there
VO: (Silence, continues to type for long) looks up, are you married
ME; No
VO: Engaged?
ME: No
VO: Do you have any kids?
VO( continues typing), How long do you intend to stay in the US
ME: About 3 weeks my holidays are just 20 working days.
VO: looks up , picks the white paper and cycles the address to pick up Visa. Your Visa has been approved, please note the amount of time you are stamped in when you get to the POE, so you dont overstay. Have a good one
ME: thank you. have a good day also.

I walked away, entered the rest room, used it and left..
I was a bit nervous with the long silences but i just kept a pleasantly un-emotional face..

I m a bit concerned about this whole JFK business cos, i ve purchased my ticked to fly in through JFK and its even a tad more hectic cos Abu dhabi has a US pre-clearance centre but i m not worried sha. God's gat me.

Nice reading from everyone i guess and thank you for helping people to know more about this process.
*Drops Mic*

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 3:49pm On May 23, 2018
jazzy:
So, i ve been following this thread since i got my visa approved in April, its funny how i never saw it pre- my interview but daily, i m drawn to just look through and read. let me share my transcript.

Rainy day, got there early, joined the long queue, all i could see was blue papers flying left right and centre, i was calm previously o, until i started observing people returning with their passports and the blue sheet. One particular lady with a shrilly voice wasnt approving any visas, i silently prayed i wouldn't be sent to her. Thankfully my prayers were answered, was sent to a queue with an African American. She took so much time with the lady in front of me and i cant remember if she gave her but i walked up when it was my turn and the following conversation happened.

VO: Good Morning, can i have your passport please.
Me: Good Morning, here it is
VO: What is your purpose for travelling to the United States
Me: i would like to spend my annual vacation on holiday, visiting a friend
VO: Why are your choosing to travel to the United States at this time?
Me: My host has about 15 days ish free and its my vacation period so what better time to travel
VO: (Typing viciously) where will you be staying during in the US
Me: Passaic, New Jersey
VO: What do you do for a living
ME: I work in a XXXX as a Corporate Strategy Analyst
VO: Have you made any trip outside the country before
Me: Yes - Twice to the United Kingdom and the DRC for work last year
VO: (Checks my UK visa with some funny pen that had a light) What did you go to do in the DRC
Me: i work as a Strategy analyst and we went to develop strategic plans for our international subsidiary there
VO: (Silence, continues to type for long) looks up, are you married
ME; No
VO: Engaged?
VO: Do you have any kids?
VO( continues typing), How long do you intend to stay in the US
ME: About 3 weeks my holidays are just 20 working days.
VO: looks up , picks the white paper and cycles the address to pick up Visa. Your Visa has been approved, please note the amount of time you are stamped in when you get to the POE, so you dont overstay. Have a good one
ME: thank you. have a good day also.

I walked away, entered the rest room, used it and left..
I was a bit nervous with the long silences but i just kept a pleasantly un-emotional face..

I m a bit concerned about this whole JFK business cos, i ve purchased my ticked to fly in through JFK and its even a tad more hectic cos Abu dhabi has a US pre-clearance centre but i m not worried sha. God's gat me.

Nice reading from everyone i guess and thank you for helping people to know more about this process.
*Drops Mic*
Congrats.
JFK is like literally the most stress less POE. Ever!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:12pm On May 23, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Biko Nwanne, what am I doing with water? I get bore hole for my face me I face you.
Na ticket I dey find grin

Abi oooo.... you can even act as his guide grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.