Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (53018 Views)

Reverend Sisters Dance Kizz Daniel's 'Buga' (video) / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / Obituary Of Reverend Father Cyriacus Onunkwo, To Be Buried With His Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
kissval1388:
Happy Sunday Nairalanders!!!

Am a Catholic from birth, I have these question in mind but haven't gotten an answer..
Here is the question:
Please what is the work of the Reverend sisters in the Catholic church because i know They don't celebrate Mass on sunday..
please any Catholic with an answer should clarify me.. Thanks!!!!

have a nice and blissful Sunday all!!

I am a Muslim, not a Catholic but went to a Catholic school and really got to know many Catholic priests and nuns.

They basically take care of the orphanages, the schools, and medical care run by the church, depending on their training, many are highly qualified. They are usually kind and well-intentioned.

Pentecostals should borrow a humanitarian leaf from the Catholics.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by dragon2(m): 5:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
BRO, BOWING TO AN IMAGE/STATUE IS WRONG...WHETHER, IT IS THE PROTESTANT OR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH THAT DOES IT...THE LORD SAID I WILL NOT GIVE MY GLORY TO CALVED IMAGE...I DON'T CARE WHO OWNS THE IMAGE OR STATUE.

so what of the bronze serpent that God told them to carve?
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by DavidEsq(m): 6:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
Haddock:

Yes, very biblical! Read Proverbs 26:5
I didn't see anywhere it said u shld reply rashly. In fact, Prov. 25:11, 15; James 1:26 all mandates us to watch our tongues. Lastly the consequences of ur approach is found in prov. 18:6.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 6:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:
@ massinola, Jesus handed Mary over to the disciple He loved because Mary was poor and was soon going to lose a son. She had probably lost Joseph and was already a widow, a poor widow. The text is just as simple as that. And it was evidence of Jesus's love. Even while dying, he made preparations for lessening Mary's grief. Nothing more to that.

I thought u pple claim Mary had other children....
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
dragon2:

so what of the bronze serpent that God told them to carve?
DID GOD ASK THEM TO BOW AND PRAY WITH IT?...WHAT WAS GOD'S INSTRUCTION TO THEM? TO LOOK AND BE HEALED.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by dragon2(m): 6:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
DID GOD ASK THEM TO BOW AND PRAY WITH IT?...WHAT WAS GOD'S INSTRUCTION TO THEM? TO LOOK AND BE HEALED.

so virtue was attributed to the serpent by Gods word wasnt it? That is the point.
If you understand,methodology (bowing,kneeling,looking upon) means nothing.The grace God attributes to the image is everything.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by okezuoemmanue(m): 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
If you are a Catholic, go and ask ur Parish priest for better clarification if you are not a Catholic, you are still free to ask the Catholic priest. Asking the general public issues that deals with religion doctrine, u must get wrong answers because u may get more of the Muslim here or Pentecostal so u kniw
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Cuteimma1(m): 6:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
kissval1388:
I need answers plssss

Brosss!!!! if truly you are a CATHOLIC you won't come here on NL and type or ask this sort of question. Don't you go to Mass? or you can't approach you rev fr. and ask him or you didn't attend catechism class?
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Cuteimma1(m): 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

The Roman Catholic Church is evil. She is the Antichrist.
you again!!! And you will make heaven while catholics won't.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
dragon2:

so virtue was attributed to the serpent by Gods word wasnt it? That is the point.
If you understand,methodology (bowing,kneeling,looking upon) means nothing.The grace God attributes to the image is everything.
THAT WAS ONCE IN A LIFE TIME...THE BRONZE SERPENT WAS A SYMBOL OF THE FUTURE, WHEN CHRIST JESUS WILL BE JUDGED FOR ALL HUMANITY. BRO, DON'T SWITCH THE INTENT OF GOD TO JUSTIFY YOUR BOWING AND HONOURING A CALVED STATUE ON A DAILY BASIS..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by bibe(m): 6:50pm On Oct 15, 2017
QuietHammer:

What is their work IN THE CHURCH?

What is your definition of the church?
If it's the physical building then maybe you ought to re-orient yourself. But if it's the 'body of Christ' itself, then the answer is pretty obvious, they serve.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

Ignorant fellow read Joshua 7:6 and tell me ur understanding
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 6:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
Cuteimma1:

you again!!! And you will make heaven while catholics won't.
Yes, if they don't repent.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

I thought u pple claim Mary had other children....
Yes, she had other children.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by obisco4u: 7:07pm On Oct 15, 2017
kissval1388:
Happy Sunday Nairalanders!!!

Am a Catholic from birth, I have these question in mind but haven't gotten an answer..
Here is the question:
Please what is the work of the Reverend sisters in the Catholic church because i know They don't celebrate Mass on sunday..
please any Catholic with an answer should clarify me.. Thanks!!!!

have a nice and blissful Sunday all!!
Oga Kissval how FUNAI?
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 7:09pm On Oct 15, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

Pls also read 1kings chp 6: 23-37....den come back
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 7:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

Yes, she had other children.

den ur contradicting urself.....no matter how intelligent, u can never defend a stupid idea n still appear intelligent. U hve been saying who asked us to bow down to Jesus n Marys image....

First of all bowing down doesn't connot worship only. Sometimes Yes, but not in all cases. People have bowed down to kings and queens n even govs and pple in high positions, oda kneel, odas lie on d floor flat...like d Yoruba's.... Do all these connote worship??

Read joshua 7: 6..lemme c wht u mke of it
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:21pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

Ignorant fellow read Joshua 7:6 and tell me ur understanding
JOS7:6-AND JOSHUA RENT HIS CLOTHES, AND FELL TO THE EARTH UPON HIS FACE BEFORE THE ARK OF THE LORD UNTIL THE EVENTIDE, HE AND THE ELDERS OF ISREAL, AND PUT DUST UPON THEIR HEADS...

WHICH EVIDENCE IS IN THIS VERSE TO SUPPORT PEOPLE BOWING DOWN A CALVED STATUE/IMAGE?...THE VERSE SAYS THE ARK OF THE LORD, AND NOT THE STATUE/IMAGE OF THE LORD JESUS... BRO, THE CATHOLIC LEADERS HAVE NOTHING TO JUSTIFY THEIR IDOLATRY...FOR, THEY HAVE SWAPPED THE LIVING GOD FOR A MANMADE STATUE/IMAGE.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 7:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

den ur contradicting urself.....no matter how intelligent, u can never defend a stupid idea n still appear intelligent. U hve been saying who asked us to bow down to Jesus n Marys image....

First of all bowing down doesn't connot worship only. Sometimes Yes, but not in all cases. People have bowed down to kings and queens n even govs and pple in high positions, oda kneel, odas lie on d floor flat...like d Yoruba's.... Do all these connote worship??

How am I contradicting myself?

And bowing down to kings is "giving to Caesar". The Bible asks us to respect our leaders.

But the same cannot be expected of us in a religious setting. It would amount to idolatry. Jesus asks the disciples not to be like the princes of the Gentiles. But look at the Catholic Church and see how the leaders behave like the rulers of the world.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 7:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

Only God can make rules and break them. But you mere mortals, who told you to bow down to images? Or are you now comparing yourselves to God?
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 7:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

Only God can make rules and break them. But you mere mortals, who told you to bow down to images? Or are you now comparing yourselves to God?

Lolzzzz.......did u read 1kings 6: 23 -37, wen u do come back
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 7:38pm On Oct 15, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
JOS7:6-AND JOSHUA RENT HIS CLOTHES, AND FELL TO THE EARTH UPON HIS FACE BEFORE THE ARK OF THE LORD UNTIL THE EVENTIDE, HE AND THE ELDERS OF ISREAL, AND PUT DUST UPON THEIR HEADS...

WHICH EVIDENCE IS IN THIS VERSE TO SUPPORT PEOPLE BOWING DOWN A CALVED STATUE/IMAGE?...THE VERSE SAYS THE ARK OF THE LORD, AND NOT THE STATUE/IMAGE OF THE LORD JESUS... BRO, THE CATHOLIC LEADERS HAVE NOTHING TO JUSTIFY THEIR IDOLATRY...FOR, THEY HAVE SWAPPED THE LIVING GOD FOR A MANMADE STATUE/IMAGE.

The Ark of the LORD, was it made by God or man??.....didn't the Ark have images on it??
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 7:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

Read Joshua 7:6....who told Joshua to bow down bfre d Ark
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

Lolzzzz.......did u read 1kings 6: 23 -37, wen u do come back

God was well-aware. It was His instruction. As for yours, show us evidence that Mary should be bowed down to.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 7:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

Read Joshua 7:6....who told Joshua to bow down bfre d Ark

Stop using the Ark as an excuse. You people should stop embarrassing yourselves. Do you want to compare your useless images to the Ark? The Ark was associated with God's presence. Can the same be said of your images? If yes, provide Biblical evidences.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 7:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

Stop using the Ark as an excuse. You people should stop embarrassing yourselves. Do you want to compare your useless images to the Ark that was associated with God's presence. Can the same be said of your images? If yes, provide Biblical evidences.

The Ark had images on it abi u no know, plus d ark was man made, e no fall from sky...so if Joshua bowed bfre d ark was he worshipping the ark??
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 7:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

God was well-aware. It was His instruction. As for yours, show us evidence that Mary should be bowed down to.

Pls show me were God instructed Solomon to build images in his Sanctuary??
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 7:51pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

The Ark had images on it abi u no know, plus d ark was man made, e no fall from sky...so if Joshua bowed bfre d ark was he worshipping the ark??

The Bible was also written by Man. It didn't fall from heaven.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by QuietHammer(m): 7:51pm On Oct 15, 2017
bibe:

What is your definition of the church?
If it's the physical building then maybe you ought to re-orient yourself. But if it's the 'body of Christ' itself, then the answer is pretty obvious, they serve.
Go find a solution to your cognitive dissonance you dumbass
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 7:57pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

Pls show me were God instructed Solomon to build images in his Sanctuary??

Bro, I asked "who told you to bow down to images?"

Did Solomon create those images to bow down to them? My question since yesterday has been: "who told you to bow down to images?" I can't remember ever asking about the images in your church buildings.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 7:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

Bro, I asked "who told you to bow down to images?"

Did Solomon create those images to bow down to them? My question since yesterday is "who told you to bow down to images?" I can't remember ever asking about the images in your church buildings.

Who told Joshua to bow down before an image ??
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

The Ark of the LORD, was it made by God or man??.....didn't the Ark have images on it??
GOD WARNED US NOT TO MAKE ANY MOTIONLESS IMAGE/STATUE OF HIM IN THE LIKENESS OF ANYTHING WHETHER IN HEAVEN OR ON EARTH...IT IS LEFT TO YOU TO PROVIDE THE IMAGE OF THE LORD THE ARK HAD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Before And After Photos Of 'Mad' Man Who Regained Sanity In Kwara / Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) / Prophet Elijah Ayodele: "Fayemi Will Win Ekiti Governorship Elections"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.