Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,884 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? (1137 Views)

Pregnancy Before Marriage: Share Your Views / Pregnancy Before Marriage: Why Are Most Men Particular About It? / What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Ayemokhia: 10:27pm On Mar 11, 2010
Nigerian society/families put pressures on ladies to get pregnant before wedlock, supposedly to avert a childless marriage.
Is it sensible for ladies to bow to those pressures
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Busybody2(f): 10:37pm On Mar 11, 2010
Since when do Nigerians have a choice when it comes to such life changing situation? Heck they can't even go against their parent's wish and marry who they want out of love, Naija parents have to endorse it and have the final say, as usual cool
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by TOPE20001(f): 10:38pm On Mar 11, 2010
I def wont angry
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Exoticeye: 10:43pm On Mar 11, 2010
Well you can't blame them, there are lots of people in childless marriages, not that i approve of it.
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by H2O2: 10:51pm On Mar 11, 2010
such is the calamity of so long life lol

i guess you can say they don't want their family or their son to bear the whips and scorns of time
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by igbonla(m): 3:29am On Mar 12, 2010
Ayemokhia:

Nigerian society/families put pressures on ladies to get pregnant before wedlock, supposedly to avert a childless marriage.

Very insensible and dumb argument, there are no guarantees in life.
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by galatico(m): 1:10pm On Mar 12, 2010
I won't blame any man who wants her fiancee to get pregnant before he marrys her, my reasons are stated below.
The rate at which people engage in premarital intimacy without using protective, is alarming, in the process they get pregnant, they ain't ready to mother and father a child they decided to abort the pregnancy in the processing of doing such the womb is removed, it's an innocent man, who knows nothing about the issue, would now get married to the same girl and start praying for a miracle to happen, miracles happen though, think about the pain of being childless, if you think about that you'll definatly want your fiancee to be pregnant before you marry her.

When am set for marriage I'll follow suit!!!
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Flashfast1: 1:37pm On Mar 12, 2010
@galatico
I totally disagree with you.  I don't think that there is any justification whatsoever for such a shameful thing. Marriage is for better or for worse. Besides if you suspect her of having a bad past why marry her at all. It clearly shows that the guy doesn't love the girl.

This is just an uncivilized way of life and any family that does that (including the girls family) are worse than animals.

The part that beats my imagination is, how are you going to tell the girl : "babe i love you o, but i think you have been a 'dog' in the past and I don't think you have a womb. So my father and your father has agreed that you should get pregnant first so I'll know you are not a barren 'dog'."
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 12, 2010
galatico:

I won't blame any man who wants her fiancee to get pregnant before he marrys her, my reasons are stated below.
The rate at which people engage in premarital intimacy without using protective, is alarming, in the process they get pregnant, they ain't ready to mother and father a child they decided to abort the pregnancy in the processing of doing such the womb is removed, it's an innocent man, who knows nothing about the issue, would now get married to the same girl and start praying for a miracle to happen, miracles happen though, think about the pain of being childless, if you think about that you'll definatly want your fiancee to be pregnant before you marry her.

When am set for marriage I'll follow suit!!!

If you are worried about fertility, there are tests you can do! But asking a woman to get pregnant before you can marry her is just wrong . . what if something goes wrong, she stands the risk of having a child outside wedluck!

I have a friend who got pregnant for a guy because he insisted and a day to the wine carrying, he died in accident. She was barely 20!

That taught me a big lesson . . undecided
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by galatico(m): 11:14am On Mar 15, 2010
Flashfast1:

@galatico
I totally disagree with you.  I don't think that there is any justification whatsoever for such a shameful thing. Marriage is for better or for worse. Besides if you suspect her of having a bad past why marry her at all. It clearly shows that the guy doesn't love the girl.

This is just an uncivilized way of life and any family that does that (including the girls family) are worse than animals.

The part that beats my imagination is, how are you going to tell the girl : "babe i love you o, but i think you have been a 'dog' in the past and I don't think you have a womb. So my father and your father has agreed that you should get pregnant first so I'll know you are not a barren 'dog'." 

Ujujoan:

If you are worried about fertility, there are tests you can do! But asking a woman to get pregnant before you can marry her is just wrong . . what if something goes wrong, she stands the risk of having a child outside wedluck!

I have a friend who got pregnant for a guy because he insisted and a day to the wine carrying, he died in accident. She was barely 20!

That taught me a big lesson . . undecided

I won't want to to suffer for the sins of another person. Do you think it's fair for you to suffer for the sins of another person? Remember marriage is forever till death do you part, won't take the risk of being childless.
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Flashfast1: 12:17pm On Mar 15, 2010
galatico:

I won't want to to suffer for the sins of another person. Do you think it's fair for you to suffer for the sins of another person? Remember marriage is forever till death do you part, won't take the risk of being childless.
If child bearing is the main reason for getting married, then you may as well get a segregate or go to one these of clinics and get a "test tube baby"
Come to think of it, what if the man is the one that is impotent (or is that not a possibility)? Besides, if you want to be certain that she can bear children why not take her to the hospital and run the necessary tests? Isn't that more civilized and assuring?
Lets stop living in the 18th century. The world has gotten a lot more advanced and civilized.

In response to the part of your statement bolded above, I'll tell you: No body holy pass. If you suspect her that much and you feel you distrust her because of the things she has done in her past, that means you don't love her. I tell you, love is blind to the past. Besides how are you sure that your own past is better than hers.
In fact in the business of marriage, the word "I" is substituted with the word "we" from the moment you say "I do". So saying you are not ready to suffer with her means you are not ready to marry her in the first place
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2010
like its child bearing dat makes a happy home lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed there are some stupid cultural practices i put my feet down n say i cant be involved in dis.christ should be d foundation of my marriage n not babies shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.we r partners in marriage n not some baby making factory.jeezzzz shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.its either i dont get pregnant n if d pregnancy issue is becoming a big issue i call of d wedding.period!!!!
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by H2O2: 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2010
^^^ Of course christ can be the foundation of your marriage. That wouldn't prevent kids from being the joy and blessings of life and a gift to your marriage. you can always have both.
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Sauron1: 9:58pm On Mar 15, 2010
Ayemokhia:

Considering the rate at which Naija babes cop abortions. . . .I think it's a safe practice to get em pregnant before wedding.
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by infobut(m): 11:14pm On Mar 15, 2010
Ladies beware don't succumb to these pressure. But cases have shown that most ladies (not all) who are childless during marriage are as a result of iniquities they did in their youth.i.e abortions,Home wrecking,envy and wickedness. stay away from these things so that your marriage will surely be blessed.
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by infobut(m): 11:27pm On Mar 15, 2010
Ladies beware don't succumb to these pressure. But cases have shown that most ladies (not all) who are childless during marriage are as a result of iniquities they did in their youth.i.e abortions,Home wrecking,envy and wickedness. stay away from these things so that your marriage will surely be blessed.
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 15, 2010
So its always the ladies fault for the non-pregnancy? what about the Man? Studies have shown that men have weak sperms but no most of the Nigerian men are misogynistic, chauvinistic bastwerads so it cant be their fault now can it?

Similar to Nigerian men and mother-in-laws crucifying women for having only female kids when infact its the mans sperm that determine the s3x of the child. We've gotta do better and educate ourselves.
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by oge4real(f): 12:10am On Mar 16, 2010
In as much as I understand the reason for such conditions, any man dtgives me that criterion, will dropped asap.
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by SAGoddess: 10:18am On Mar 16, 2010
Interesting thread,
Re: A Case For Pregnancy Before Marriage? by oskinrin: 10:51am On Mar 16, 2010
It is unfortunate how african parents always want to ocupy the positn of God in the life of their children, trying to enforce a future they can not sustain. What if u're pregnant & problem hapen after ur weding? So why not put d future in the hand of ur maker God. We should stop bowing to the presure of family on isues like this,

(1) (Reply)

Need Some Real Advice / Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! / Is It Possible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.