Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,914 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible (4289 Views)

Killings In The Bible Are Not The Same As Killings By Muslims / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 23, 2010
^^ i cant waste my time arguing with you or a brick wall.

what part of the women were not innocent dont you understand?

The Mosaic code does not allow for mercy- in those days it was kill or be killed. Going by your logic, the jews in the bible should have just sat down quietly and waited for death instead of defending themselves.

anyway, like I said, if you cant read then I cant help you.

Any other question or anger you have about anything in the old testament should be directed at orthodox jews, who still observe the laws written there. Christians use both the new as well as the old testament, and I dont see any place in the NT where Jesus told anybody to kill.

but of course you cant hear that. Neither do you seem to have much by way of comprehension skills.

btw, can you get into your thick brain the fact that the killings in jos are as much a tribal as well as religious thing?
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:19am On Mar 23, 2010
tpia.:

The Mosaic code does not allow for mercy- in those days it was kill or be killed. Going by your logic, the jews in the bible should have just sat down quietly and waited for death instead of defending themselves.

Any other question or anger you have about anything in the old testament should be directed at orthodox jews, who still observe the laws written there. Christians use both the new as well as the old testament, and I dont see any place in the NT where Jesus told anybody to kill.

but of course you cant hear that. Neither do you seem to have much by way of comprehension skills.

btw, can you get into your thick brain the fact that the killings in jos are as much a tribal as well as religious thing?
I seriously wonder how you cope in real life simple logic seems to elude you, I might as well sing for my dog than expect you to understand.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by soloj1(m): 12:30pm On Mar 23, 2010
Human actions have consequences, positive or otherwise.
, the wages of sin is death, Rom.3:23.
When Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit, they introduced death into the human race and they were thrown out of Eden.
When cain killed Abel, he was banished from his family and God's presence. When the imaginations and deeds of the humans were continualy evil, God wiped the ancient world with a flood and only Noah and his family found favour with God and were saved. Of His volition, He chose to raise a seed and bless nations out of Abraham the father of faith, through whom His plan of salvation might be revealed. God promised to bless those who bless Abraham, to curse those who curse him and gave him the land of Canaan for his possession.                                                                                                             In that dispensation, anyone,  individual or nation that stood against Abraham and his seed were cursed. Gen.12:2. The children of guilty parents were guilty and God visits the iniquity of the parents on the children. God punished the Egyptians after about 400 years of oppressions, misery and death of the Isrealites. The last plague saw the death of all the first male-born of humans and animals in Egypt. God rained fire and brimestone on wicked Sodom and Gomorrha,  Isreal were punished, even with death too, when they contravene His Laws. Yes, the whole world (men, women and children) stood guilty before the most holy God. My fellow n/lands have talked about God's preceding and subsequent plans as revealed in the Bible for anyone to read.

Rom 9:14-16
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
KJV

Rom 9:19-24

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
KJV Luke 13:1-5

Lets focus on what Jesus said here  :-
13:1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.

2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
KJV
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by PastorAIO: 12:40pm On Mar 23, 2010
tpia.:

Eh hen, the preemptive strike argument.  The source of so many atrocities in the world.  It is okay to kill a child if that child is likely to grow up to become a mass murderer.  It is okay to kill a child if that child will one day have children that will grow up to be mass murderers.  In fact it is okay to kill a child if one of that child's grandchildren will one day befcome a mass murderer. 
God should havbe just killed ADam way back in the garden of Eden as that would have stopped a lot of mass murderers being born. 

THis is obviously the manner of thinking of the pathologically paranoid. Sick people. Practicing sick religion.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Krayola(m): 12:54pm On Mar 23, 2010
Amen to that!!
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2010
God bless you bro. solo.J.  Tell them as it is.

He that comes to equity must come with clean hands.  Who are we to question God?  Our myopic view is what is limiting our understandings.  If we study the Bible as I have suggested, we will discover that God did not confine His wrath to the Canaanites or the Jebusites, Hittites or the Amorites or even those mentioned in the book of  Revelation.  He proclaimed the death sentence upon the whole of humanity.  The soul that sinneth shall die (Ezekiel 18:4).  The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).  We will all die because we have broken God's Law.  Everyone of us is waiting on death row.  Instead of us standing in moral judgment over Almighty God, we need to judge ourselves according to the Law of God.  When we judge ourselves we will find that we have a multitude of sins and therefore are deserving of punishment.  Yet God, out of love, paid the penalty for our sin so that we would not have to die eternally. The Evidence Bible
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by toneyb: 2:41pm On Mar 23, 2010

Mazaje sees a need for the COS to h[b]ave a sense of defence and caution [/b]. . . ,  .

I like mazaje also believe that every body needs to have a sense of defence and caution, but when you read the bible you will see that the ancient Jews were not defending themselves but simply killing others because they worshiped other gods.. How is that a sense of defense and caution? grin

yet he screams that they kill other people.

Killing other people and pillaging their lands simply because they worship other gods is NOT self defense is it? If these passage were in the koran or some other religious text you will see it for what it is. 

perhaps if he can separate his HATE for God. . .he can objectively see through this analogy.

Didn't he tell you that there is no god for him to hate but ancient mythical writings of men?
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by toneyb: 2:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
tpia.:

Where in the bible does it say that they were defending themselves? The bible says that Yahweh the tribal god of the Jews told them to attack others, kill, despoil, rape and destroy them and sacrifice some of them as a burnt offering unto him because they worshiped others gods, it does NOT talk about self defense does it?
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Krayola(m): 2:56pm On Mar 23, 2010
When they were in a position of power, genocide was endorsed by God, an eye for an eye, etc. . . . when they were weak and oppressed the message became Love and do unto others as u will want done unto you. . . . . Seems to me that somebody learned a lesson the hard way.

We are a products/victims of our time and space. We react to what is going on around us. . . our  worldview should, IMO, change and evolve as we learn and experience more. Sticking to some 2000 year old worldview that causes one to "believe" ridiculous things is, IMO, unhealthy for us.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by toneyb: 3:18pm On Mar 23, 2010
Krayola:

When they were in a position of power, genocide was endorsed by God, an eye for an eye, etc. . . . when they were weak and oppressed the message became Love and do unto others as u will want done unto you. . . . . Seems to me that somebody learned a lesson the hard way.

grin grin. When they were completely powerless the message was turn the other cheek and live in peace with all men. Because their God will very soon come and take them out of their miserable living to a better place.

We are a products/victims of our time and space. We react to what is going on around us. . . our  worldview should, IMO, change and evolve as we learn and experience more. Sticking to some 2000 year old worldview that causes one to "believe" ridiculous things is, IMO, unhealthy for us.

That is why I just don't get what noetic is trying to justify the actions of ancient savages, Noetic is trying to justify the actions of ancient men that believed that it was right for parents to stone to death their children for talking back at them, people who believed it was right to stone to death another person just for picking sticks on a day of holiday, people who believed that it was right to kill others because they worship other gods. As people's morality evolves so does that of all their gods whom they all created in their own image and in accordance to their own culture and traditions.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by MyJoe: 3:58pm On Mar 23, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Eh hen, the preemptive strike argument.  The source of so many atrocities in the world.  It is okay to kill a child if that child is likely to grow up to become a mass murderer.  It is okay to kill a child if that child will one day have children that will grow up to be mass murderers.  In fact it is okay to kill a child if one of that child's grandchildren will one day befcome a mass murderer. 
God should havbe just killed ADam way back in the garden of Eden as that would have stopped a lot of mass murderers being born. 

THis is obviously the manner of thinking of the pathologically paranoid.  Sick people. Practicing  sick religion.

Now, this is how you do it in Sicily. The Don calls the hitman into his chamber and, consiglieri looking on, says a few words in low tones from the side of his mouth. In four hours, the hitman reports back to the consiglieri. That one looks at him bleakly. It was his first job, so he understands the mistake. He tells him something in low tones. The hitman quickly returns to the scene to find the kid who had run away when he shot its father and mother. . .
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 23, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

I seriously wonder how you cope in real life simple logic seems to elude you, I might as well sing for my dog than expect you to understand.

my post was meant for mudley123.

are you him or her?

muddled is good user name for the person regardless. Couldnt have said it better myself.

anyway, like i asked before- do you have any comment on my earlier posts.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 23, 2010
Pastor AIO:

THis is obviously the manner of thinking of the pathologically paranoid. Sick people. Practicing sick religion.

point out anywhere on this thread where i said what you're claiming here.

I really dont expect you to descend this low, although of course it is nairaland.

Now, if you'd like to set your fake sentiments aside and really give the matter some thought, you'll actually begin to acquire sense.

I dont know what kind of sick minds would pull up incidents that happened tens of thousands of years ago, and use it to justify the jos killings.

Which Nigerian Christian leaders have you heard justifying the jos killings? Kindly mention their names or forever prove yourself a born liar.

That also applies to your other cohorts on this thread.

and what part of the jos crisis is very tribal do you boneheads not understand? When Yoruba muslims are killed up by fellow muslims up north, is that also a religious thing?
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by noetic16(m): 9:14pm On Mar 23, 2010
Pastor AIO:

this is CLASSIC DUMB

1. The above scenario talks and make assumptions of a world order like now with civilizations, exposure and laws and order taken for granted. did the children of Israel simply invade neighbouring towns and start murdering their children?

2. it is simply ridiculous how u criticise policies taken to safe guard a nation from external or annihilative attacks. would u not justify counter-reactions from the FG if cameroon were to attack Nigeria? . . . .of course u will but will be foolishly unable to reconcile such with the plight of the COS under the leadership of moses.

3. is it not totally ridiculous to use the perceived inactions of the COS to ridicule an entire religion, . . . .how many xtians today carry guns to kill their neighbours?. . . or indulge in terrorist acts?. . . . .would I be wrong now to call u an unfortunate illiterate?
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by PastorAIO: 12:11am On Mar 24, 2010
tpia.:

point out anywhere on this thread where i said what you're claiming here.

Going by your logic, the jews in the bible should have just sat down quietly and waited for death instead of defending themselves.
- tpia

Where did the bible say that the people of Jericho attacked or were going to attack the jews? Even the muslims claimed that Muhammed only fought in self defence, but you saw through that one. abi?

tpia.:

I really dont expect you to descend this low, although of course it is nairaland.

Now, if you'd like to set your fake sentiments aside and really give the matter some thought, you'll actually begin to acquire sense.

I don't recall expressing any sentiments. All I expressed were ridiculous notions to parody your ridiculous reasoning. Perhaps that's low, perhaps that's just Nairaland, but ultimately it is accurate.
tpia.:

Which Nigerian Christian leaders have you heard justifying the jos killings? Kindly mention their names or forever prove yourself a born liar.

How desperate is that? What we are talking about is whether or not the Jos killings are like the sanctioned genocide in the bible which indeed 'christians' such as yourself support.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by PastorAIO: 12:16am On Mar 24, 2010
noetic16:

this is CLASSIC DUMB

1. The above scenario talks and make assumptions of a world order like now with civilizations, exposure and laws and order taken for granted. did the children of Israel simply invade neighbouring towns and start murdering their children?

2. it is simply ridiculous how u criticise policies taken to safe guard a nation from external or annihilative attacks. would u not justify counter-reactions from the FG if cameroon were to attack Nigeria? . . . .of course u will but will be foolishly unable to reconcile such with the plight of the COS under the leadership of moses.

3. is it not totally ridiculous to use the perceived inactions of the COS to ridicule an entire religion, . . . .how many xtians today carry guns to kill their neighbours?. . . or indulge in terrorist acts?. . . . .would I be wrong now to call u an unfortunate illiterate?

God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Abi no be so? Yes the children of Israel simply invaded neighbouring towns and started murdering their children. Do you want the chapter and verse?

CLASSIC DUMBER
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 1:39am On Mar 24, 2010
Pastor AIO:

- tpia

Where did the bible say that the people of Jericho attacked or were going to attack the jews? Even the muslims claimed that Muhammed only fought in self defence, but you saw through that one. abi?

I don't recall expressing any sentiments. All I expressed were ridiculous notions to parody your ridiculous reasoning. Perhaps that's low, perhaps that's just Nairaland, but ultimately it is accurate.
How desperate is that? What we are talking about is whether or not the Jos killings are like the sanctioned genocide in the bible which indeed 'christians' such as yourself support.

I hate arguing with brick walls.

1. Show me anywhere on this thread where i sanctioned genocide, or prove yourself a liar.

2. which part of read the new testament for the Christian view do you not understand?

3. Which part of orthodox jews are the ones who strictly follow the Mosaic code outlined in the old testament, is so hard for you to grasp?

4. What part of the jos killings are fueled by tribal hatreds, is beyond your comprehension?

5. abeg stop giving Nigeria a bad name and show some common sense when you type.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Mudley313: 5:58am On Mar 24, 2010
1. Show me anywhere on this thread where i sanctioned genocide, or prove yourself a liar.

in (fruitlessly) attempting to bring u back to reality n the now more ethical/modern world we live in (as opposed to your unethical defense of the unethical deeds writen by ancient savages of their tribal/your god), i will attempt to use some modern day examples in comparison to some of your earlier post to show how u inadvertently sanctioned(?) or defended acts of genocide just becos it came out your supposedly infallible holy book.

n pls dont be getting your panties in a bunch, getting all worked up, name calling n throwing out insults wen u reply. try n be christ-like

then do you know if the people involved wouldnt have been wiped out the same way, by their enemies who would also be acting on instructions from their own gods?

example 1: osama bin laden n all his terrorist co-horts would love d US wiped out if possible (supposedly on instructions from their god). using your own logic, america (especially with their nuclear capacity) should wipe out everyone of these people (both the innocent, children n women) for having such thoughts n utterances to wipe them out. from the story above, i think your god (before he repented) would

^^ what you fail to grasp is everywhere has similar stories.

So, because everywhere (islam, atheism or whatever) have similar stories now makes urs normal or justified? Or wats the basis for this your argument

The atheism ones are even more recent than these ten thousand year old analogies you're pulling up.

Does how old the story is justify the “act” or what?

did the jews themselves have it easy?

Example 2: does the palestines in Israel have it easy? Did the igbos have it easy? Gosh, did the hutus have it easy in Rwanda prior to their genocidal massacre of the hutsi’s? so, does this justify, genocidal acts of murdering innocent women n children just cos u didn’t have it easy?

and before that the Isrealites were dying from a plague which was the result of their disobedience and rebellion using these women.

example 3: Terrorist used young men posing as students to the U.S to commit the heinous terrorist act of 9/11. With your logic, should the U.S have retaliated by slaughtering all young males of muslim decent aspiring to be students in the U.S?

The women were specifically sent to turn them away from God, so I doubt it's a matter of "a few women causing people to sin"

Seems more like an all out and calculated attempt by their enemies to destroy them, imo.

example 4: same as example 3. These terrorist were specifically sent (using student visa) to kill thousands, which they succeeded; an all out n calculated attempt by enemies of the U.S to destroy them. But (unlike your unethical god) the US didn’t even totally stop issuing student visa to muslims talkless of wiping out the entire muslim nations.

How many times must it be hammered into your brains that the Mosaic code from eons ago, was modified and clarified in the New Testament.

Understood. But that still does not justify the “act” commanded by your god in the old testament. Or are we talking bout a different god here? Pls clarify if im getting things mixed up

n by the way, here's a verse from ur new testament

“But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and kill them in front of me.” (Luke 19:27)

Example 5: so, some women sleep wit some men in order to tempt them to switch religion. Even in this modern/more ethical day n age they wont get the death penalty for it but your god (n from your logic) they would not just get the death penalty but their children n other women of the same faith as thiers (that are not virgins) would also be put to death

I dont know what kind of sick minds would pull up incidents that happened tens of thousands of years ago, and use it to justify the jos killings.

No one is justifying the jos killings, just comparing similar event, which u are here justifying, thus, inadvertently justifying the jos killing urself

bottom line:
1. from my examples above, its pretty clear to see dat modern humans have more moral ethic than your god (before he repented of his evil ways)
2. religion would make u vigorously defend the absurd
3. there’s clearly no difference whatsoever between the recent jos massacre n wat your god commanded in dat chapter (how u can see it any differently is beyond me)

case closed
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:46am On Mar 24, 2010
^^^^closed bo my brother.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by toneyb: 1:27pm On Mar 24, 2010
Mudley313:

2. religion would make u vigorously defend the absurd

Religion most definitely makes people defend absurd stuffs that makes no sense even to them. Once in the bubble you have to keep defending and holding on tightly to the bubble.

case closed

Case closed my brother.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Krayola(m): 1:43pm On Mar 24, 2010
haha. I agree with u guys for the most part. But tbh I think Tpia has a valid point. 5 thousand years ago there was nothing absurd about genocide and all that . . . I think we should acknowledge that much. If u wanted to survive back then, at some point you would most likely have had to massacre somebody else. That doesn't change the fact that God endorsed it tho, but he wasn't endorsing the absurd, IMO. Unless we are judging by 2010 standards. . .
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by toneyb: 2:31pm On Mar 24, 2010
Krayola:

haha. I agree with u guys for the most part. But tbh I think Tpia has a valid point. 5 thousand years ago there was nothing absurd about genocide and all that . . . I think we should acknowledge that much. If u wanted to survive back then, at some point you would most likely have had to massacre somebody else. That doesn't change the fact that God endorsed it tho, but he wasn't endorsing the absurd, IMO. Unless we are judging by 2010 standards. . .

When people choose to live their lives bowing down to or constantly beating and revering 5000 year old mythical stories and presenting them as their source of morals which makes them special, then its very right to point to them that they are not. Tapiah was tacitly trying to say that he wanna be Jewish ancestors did the right thing by killing women and children because they worshiped other gods. There is no need defending 5000 years old myths and stories of men who believed that it was  right for fathers to sell their daughters in to slavery or men who believed that a man that despoils a woman must marry her. No sense defending of Justifying these absurd stories.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by toneyb: 3:19pm On Mar 24, 2010
noetic16:

this is CLASSIC DUMB 

YES. Please read your bible. According to the bible the ancient jews were traveling in the wilderness with no were to go to and their tribalGod told them to attack and invade, It did not even say that they were provoked, they the land's of other people which was supposedly flowing with milk and honey because he had already given it to them as their own. It did not even say that they were provoked at all.

2. it is simply ridiculous how u criticise policies taken to safe guard a nation from external or annihilative attacks. would u not justify counter-reactions from the FG if cameroon were to attack Nigeria?  . . .  .of course u will but will be foolishly unable to reconcile such with the plight of the COS under the leadership of moses.

Noetic is all over the place as usual making a mockery of himself grin grin. Where does it say that the people of Israel were under attack? It says that they attacked others because they worshiped other gods,How does worshiping other gods equate to attack? grin. Please stop defending the absurd sIt only makes you look ridiculous. I have had this debate with honest people like Jesoul and her response was that she could not understand why Yahweh commanded all the unnecessary bloodbath. Even daivdylan just says that was how thing were during those days and rounds off with his usual allah did the same in the koran too why arent we criticizing allah mantra. These are honest people who see the actions for what they are and don't even try to justify them because they know that it is a waste of time to do so.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:37pm On Mar 24, 2010
Krayola:

Me I totally disagree, we as human beings know now that it is injustice to kill harmless people our morality has evolved that far, if you were God now and I plugged you back 5 thousand years ago would you order that the women and children be killed? Would you order for kids to be stoned to death for talking back at their mums? no? Yes I am judging their actions, and even with their standards I do not think it was always the norm to kill women and children in a war.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by noetic16(m): 7:22pm On Mar 24, 2010
toneyb:

YES. Please read your bible. According to the bible the ancient jews were traveling in the wilderness with no were to go to and their tribalGod told them to attack and invade, It did not even say that they were provoked, they the land's of other people which was supposedly flowing with milk and honey because he had already given it to them as their own. It did not even say that they were provoked at all.

Noetic is all over the place as usual making a mockery of himself grin grin. Where does it say that the people of Israel were under attack? It says that they attacked others because they worshiped other gods,How does worshiping other gods equate to attack? grin. Please stop defending the absurd sIt only makes you look ridiculous. I have had this debate with honest people like Jesoul and her response was that she could not understand why Yahweh commanded all the unnecessary bloodbath. Even daivdylan just says that was how thing were during those days and rounds off with his usual allah did the same in the koran too why arent we criticizing allah mantra. These are honest people who see the actions for what they are and don't even try to justify them because they know that it is a waste of time to do so.

1. u need to to respect the difference in views. . . .I am NOT david neither am I Jesoul. . . .my views REMAIN my views, .that I do not agree with u or them does NOT make me dishonest.

2. what do u think Jesus is coming back to do? . . . , . to fight amageddon? that should rationally tell u, that what we perceive to be "wrong" in human context is JUDGEMENT in God's view. judgement has NEVER been pleasant.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

^^^^closed bo my brother.

toneyb:

Religion most definitely makes people defend absurd stuffs that makes no sense even to them. Once in the bubble you have to keep defending and holding on tightly to the bubble.

Case closed my brother.

its quite absurd how people like you will bow to even a baboon as long as it shares your views.

So all the mishmash typed by muddled 101, is now your gospel?

typical naija mentality.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2010
@ mudley101

1. the sept 11 bombers were working towards what exactly? World peace?

Immediately after sept 11, what happened to the general population of the US? Ever heard of the patriot act? You probably havent, and no be me go educate you. Wallow in ignorance there.

How many terrorists were there, and how many people are covered by this patriot act? Only 12?

How many people have been affected by the US invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq? Only 12?

all this abstract reasoning may be above your pay grade, I know.

in (fruitlessly) attempting to bring u back to reality n the now more ethical/modern world we live in (as opposed to your unethical defense of the unethical deeds writen by ancient savages of their tribal/your god), i will attempt to use some modern day examples in comparison to some of your earlier post to show how u inadvertently sanctioned(?) or defended acts of genocide just becos it came out your supposedly infallible holy book.

n pls dont be getting your panties in a bunch, getting all worked up, name calling n throwing out insults wen u reply. try n be christ-like

so you're sitting down typing all kinds of rubbish in the expectation I should be Christ like and meekly accept whatever jargon you feel like spewing?

You have the wrong person, sweetie. Try one of the saintly Nlers- whoever told you I was one of them, gave you bad information.

3. As per the rest of the meaningless hoopla you posted, - where are you from?

Now go back far enough in time and check to see how your ancestors got there. Did they meet nobody? What happened to the original inhabitants of that land?

Like I said, if you and your cohorts cant distinguish between events of tens of thousands of years ago, and the modern world, then I cant help you.

To you, aeons ago is like two minutes ago, and since you lack that critical ability to comprehend time, I must leave you to your alternate universe since I'm not God who can give understanding and neither am I a magician or miracle worker who can say open sesame and immediately have your brick head turn to a normal one.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:48pm On Mar 24, 2010
tpia.:

its quite absurd how people like you will bow to even a baboon as long as it shares your views.

So all the mishmash typed by muddled 101, is now your gospel?

typical naija mentality.
Just because something happend ages ago does not make it right, the jews were gassed about 60 years ago by hitler does it make it less of a war crime?
Talking about naija mentality I never seen anyone in my entire time on this forum answer questions with questions like you do.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 24, 2010
gosh, I do not get paid to educate the many semi literates and full illiterates in this place. undecided

Luke 19
He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

13And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

14But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.

15And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

16Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.

17And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

18And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.

20And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:

21For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.

22And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:

23Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?

24And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.

25(And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)

26For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.

27But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

if you rebel against a king, better know you're gambling with death, and as such plan yourself accordingly, because if your rebellion fails, there's no king in this world who wont deal with you.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 24, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

Just because something happend ages ago does not make it right, the jews were gassed about 60 years ago by hitler does it make it less of a war crime?
Talking about naija mentality I never seen anyone in my entire time on this forum answer questions with questions like you do.

look, I think you should be done sounding silly by now.

I asked you to tackle the communist and atheist equivalent of what you're screaming about on this thread.

You refused to do so but would rather run about the barn yelling chickens are attacking you.

are the victims of atheistic purges less important to you than faceless people from tens of thousands of years past who you dont even believe exist?
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:53pm On Mar 24, 2010
tpia.:

look, I think you should be done sounding silly by now.

I asked you to tackle the communist and atheist equivalent of what you're screaming about on this thread.

You refused to do so but would rather run about the barn yelling chickens are attacking you.

are the victims of atheistic purges less important to you than faceless people from tens of thousands of years past who you dont even believe exist?
Look who is talking about literacy, I told you to open a thread on how communists and atheists have been bad people and I will oblige you all these your dodging tactics will not help you, this thread is about how innocent women and children were murdered in your bible, lets focus on that shall we?
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 24, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

May be u follow threads on NL unconsciously for u to av concluded with the above quoted.
Atheists are d most guilty of answering questns wit questns,especially when chatting with christians.I find that amazing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

"Why Are There So Many Denominations?" / Selling 'annointing' Water At USD $360 A Bottle (FRAUD ALERT) / Rising Atheism By Deji Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.