Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible (4290 Views)

Killings In The Bible Are Not The Same As Killings By Muslims / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Mudley313: 8:19pm On Mar 24, 2010
so you're sitting down typing all kinds of rubbish in the expectation I should be Christ like and meekly accept whatever jargon you feel like spewing?

so u blatantly refuse to be christ-like (a christain) for ur own self-aggrandizement. dont make u any different from d atheists u so despise since all of u (you included) are all eventually gonna be ending up in the same everlasting burning hell espoused by ur religious belief

i see u're not just a religous fanatic but a religious hypocrite as well

Like I said, if you and your cohorts cant distinguish between events of tens of thousands of years ago, and the modern world, then I cant help you.

To you, aeons ago is like two minutes ago, and since you lack that critical ability to comprehend time, I must leave you to your alternate universe since I'm not God who can give understanding and neither am I a magician or miracle worker who can say open sesame and immediately have your brick head turn to a normal one.

u still dont get it, do ya?
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2010
^^ grab a bible and look for the part that says answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes.

If you want people to harass who wont answer you back, then find the saintly nairalanders and dont let bad luck bring you my way.

because you will get what you're looking for.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:33pm On Mar 24, 2010
toba:

May be u follow threads on NL unconsciously for u to av concluded with the above quoted.
Atheists are d most guilty of answering questns wit questns,especially when chatting with christians.I find that amazing.
What is all this your people are doing it more than my people arguments eh? I said tpia answers questions with questions do you have to jump in and defend her just because you are a christian? eh? abeg go sidon jo!
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2010
tpia.:

^^ grab a bible and look for the part that says answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes.

If you want people to harass who wont answer you back, then find the saintly nairalanders and dont let bad luck bring you my way.

I told commander viaro not to chat with atheists couple of days back&he obliged.I offer u same advice,cus they will get u worked up with frivolous queries.I took time to read ur posts,i ve seen that the thread has been derailed abit.I wouldnt blame u for that,cus u were provoked to doing so.The tpia i know is gentle.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 24, 2010
^^ sorry, you have me confused with someone else, because nobody who knows me calls me gentle.

The thread was not derailed by me, and as far as I know, is still on track, since we're still discussing the issues raised in the original post.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 24, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

What is all this your people are doing it more than my people arguments eh? I said tpia answers questions with questions do you have to jump in and defend her just because you are a christian? eh? abeg go sidon jo!

my questions are supposed to be answers to your own questions.

Dont feel intimidated just because you're afraid to answer questions whose answers elude you.

This isnt jamb. cheesy

and @ the bolded: where was this logic when mudley101 jumped in to give you his/her muddled support? You were applauding and clapping because other atheists showed up, not so?
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:39pm On Mar 24, 2010
toba:

[b]I told commander viaro not to chat with atheists couple of days back&he obliged.[/b]I offer u same advice,cus they will get u worked up with frivolous queries.I took time to read your posts,i ve seen that the thread has been derailed abit.I wouldnt blame u for that,cus u were provoked to doing so.The tpia i know is gentle.
If he actually did because of what you said then he is a wuss  shocked shocked shocked
tpia gentle ko you must be smoking something, I think I like her though she is just on the other side of the fence when it comes to religious matter maybe we will get along in others who knows.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:40pm On Mar 24, 2010
tpia.:

my questions are supposed to be answers to your own questions.

Dont feel intimidated just because you're afraid to answer questions whose answers elude you.

This isnt jamb. cheesy
Dearie when I ask you answer,then you ask and I answer, life works easier that way no?
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:43pm On Mar 24, 2010
tpia.:

and @ the bolded: where was this logic when mudley101 jumped in to give you his/her muddled support? You were applauding and clapping because other atheists showed up, not so?
I applauded because he dealt with the issue at hand. Look I dont intend to get you to say it was wrong, all I want you to see is that if what happened was not wrong to you then someone like me sees no reason why the killings in jos should be wrong to you, capisce?
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 24, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

Dearie when I ask you answer,then you ask and I answer, life works easier that way no?

^^ life isnt black and white, sweetie.

Not all questions have yes or no answers, and even if they did, you can lead a horse to water but you cant force it to drink.

So if you refuse to accept the answers people are giving you, it could be because of previous bias about the subject matter, not so?

You refuse to accept other opinions that dont agree with your preconceived war on the Christian God.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Remii(m): 8:46pm On Mar 24, 2010
Now lets put the trend back on track. Lets begin again

Chrisbenogor:

Numbers 31:17-18

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man,
18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.
Numbers 31:17-18.

By the way, the "boys" in verse 17 are children. Here god doesn't just ignore the murder of children; he orders it.

Can someone tell us the the difference between God and the crazy men that killed the women and children?
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 24, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

The numbers of ? in ur post have justified my assertions made about atheists in my post.Asking too many questns
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Mudley313: 8:47pm On Mar 24, 2010

ooooh, i'm sooooo scurred !!!

ok mr. e-thug. wasn't looking for anything but civility. dont got a problem wit u being anti-saintly, just wondering why u would wanna keep bringing up the new testament when its pretty evident dat d radicalism of the old testament suits u better. have a nice e-religious fanaticism life, like ur fellow zealots, the savage fulani herdmen of jos
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 24, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

I applauded because he dealt with the issue at hand. Look I dont intend to get you to say it was wrong, all I want you to see is that if what happened was not wrong to you then someone like me sees no reason why the killings in jos should be wrong to you, capisce?

I asked you, pastor Aio and your other supporters, to show me anywhere on this thread where I supported the jos killings.

You refused to do so.

I asked for the names of any Christian Nigerian leaders who endorsed the murders. Nobody supplied any.

Instead, you keep ranting about how the killings in jos are supposed to be acceptable to Christians because of your misreading of Numbers 31.

what's your definition of confusion?

i also pointed out the fact that many Israelites themselves died from plagues brought in by the people in question.

Some were also killed together with the midianites for idolatry. Do you have anything to say about this?
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2010
Remii:

To me the Jos crises looks more like a jihad,cus the killers practised the jihadist's Religion.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 24, 2010
Mudley313:

ooooh, i'm sooooo scurred !!!

ok mr. e-thug. wasn't looking for anything but civility. dont got a problem wit u being anti-saintly, just wondering why u would wanna keep bringing up the new testament when its pretty evident dat d radicalism of the old testament suits u better. have a nice e-religious fanaticism life, like your fellow zealots, the savage fulani herdmen of jos

for the last time, all I'm telling you is dont start none and you wont get none.

If you need more scary stuff from the new testament then let me oblige you:

5When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart[a] of wheat for a day's wages,[b] and three quarts of barley for a day's wages,[c] and do not damage the oil and the wine!"
7When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" 8I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 24, 2010
Remii:

as a muslim extremist, what is your interest in this thread?
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Remii(m): 9:22pm On Mar 24, 2010
Recurring Jos crisis has nothing to do with religion, until we start seeing things from clear angle devoid of religious bias, solution would be far fetch. Those cattle herdsmen value their herds more than babies, and the fight every where over it. It has happened in Ogbomoso before when the cows were fed on farmers crop, the farmers drove away the cattle and some them died in the process, the Fulani's attacked the villages, I think that was in 1988, during IBB era.
Another dimension is government handling of issues, after each crisis, govt would set up panel after panel, white paper after white paper, after all said and done nothing would happen. People now erroneously feel revenge is better than waiting on govt.
Those who call it jihadist act, what did the Fulani leaders call the aim of their aggression? Did they say they are fighting to wipe out non Muslims? We all read that those killed in January crisis were mostly Muslims, were the Xtians on crusade that time too.

Some elites both Muslims and Xtians alike, are to blame too, remember Obasanjo publicly blamed CAN, Jos chapter for their actions during the crisis that occurred while he was in govt. Why did army,destroyed Victor Malu house during one of the communal crises.
Let us look for cause and cure of crisis objectively, instead of jumping to conclusion. Ijaws and Itshekiri fought each other for so many years, if one side was Muslim, it would have been tagged Jihad too, What about Ife Modakeke, or Umueleri Aguleri.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2010
I trust a typical muslim to turn it around.To be candid most of d fulanis that were killing muslims/xtian children&women are muslims.Can u refute that?
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Remii(m): 10:06pm On Mar 24, 2010
@toba, were you at the scene or reading the news papers? try for once to evaluate human beings actions without religious coluoration.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Krayola(m): 10:14pm On Mar 24, 2010
In the words of Rodney King. . . "Can't we all just get along?"
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Remii(m): 10:23pm On Mar 24, 2010
Krayola:

my point exactly, instead of jumping to conclusion all the time and nothing changes, why not look for cause of the issues and take appropriate cure. Is Jos the only Muslim/Xtian community in Nigeria?.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 24, 2010
Krayola:

yes we can.It begin with atheists.
Imagind the reply of mudley,it shows hes not interested in ur questn
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 24, 2010
Remii:

my point exactly, instead of jumping to conclusion all the time and nothing changes, why not look for cause of the issues and take appropriate cure. Is Jos the only Muslim/Xtian community in Nigeria?.
Anticidence matters alot in passing judgement.If any1 falls ill with madness,we would say se oti se eniyan kan ri ni ile won? Same applies to islam
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Remii(m): 10:47pm On Mar 24, 2010
toba:

Anticidence matters alot in passing judgement.If any1 falls ill with madness,we would say se oti se eniyan kan ri ni ile won? Same applies to islam

everyone has anticidents, if you consider time range long enough,  do not think of less than 50 yrs, most religions have been violent at one time in its history, what is the history behind crusade, tell me if that is not violence. you have to do something different to get a different result. simple.
Re: The Story Of Jos Killings In The Bible by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 24, 2010
Remii:

everyone has anticidents, if you consider time range long enough,  do not think of less than 50 yrs, most religions have been violent at one time in its history, what is the history behind crusade, tell me if that is not violence. you have to do something different to get a different result. simple.
I agree.But in the last 10yrs or there about,which religion has the worst anticidents in Ngr& the world over?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Prayer Mode Activated: / Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap / "Why Are There So Many Denominations?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.