Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:55 AM

Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him (7791 Views)

Nnamdi Azikiwe With His Car In 1959 (Throwback Photos) / Nnamdi Azikiwe & Obafemi Awolowo And Their Cars (Photos) / Buhari Completes Nnamdi Azikiwe Mausoleum In Anambra State - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 1:19pm On Oct 17, 2017
Marcelo290:
The way you guys peddle falsehood here and comfortably sleep at night still beats my imaginations. There is a difference between speaking the fact from saying what you know or feel, and in a large forum like NL you should know not everyone is dumb where you can bring in watery claims without any factual analysis and expect people to believe you.

Firstly, Herbert Macaulay never handed any power to anyone, Zik who was his vice took over power from him as was expected in 1947 or so after his death. Again Awo was never a member of NCNC, so I don't know we're you got that from.

Cry and wail any how you want you can't distort history and a well known fact that Awolowo brought in tribal politics into Nigeria.

What do you know. The lies they told you at home to infect you with hate for Yoruba people, just the same way Ojukwu kept lying to the Igbos that Ibadan had been captured by the Biafrian forces when he was actually preparing to flee the country.

Most of what you people have been taught about us are pure lies. They were meant to keep hatred in your hearts against us because of the outcome of the civil war.

4 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by 7lives: 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2017
bounty007:

willing slavery is borne out of inferiority complex.

thats all.. all talks of sophistication and trashy trash above is cos your comfortable with your masters..

slave don't complain or react.. everything to them is in good faith.

Look who's talking now, between THOSE WHO HAVE WILLINGLY SERVED AS SLAVES FOR 54 YEARS and those WHO were persuaded way back in 2011 and only recently decided to WORK with the NORTH, WHO ARE THE SLAVES?.
I NEVER knew you guys LOVED that SUBSERVIENT POSITION SO MUCH, until of recent.

4 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2017
rlauncher:

Revisionists history again.

There was never a time in history when Igbos were more educated than Yorubas. That was why we scored most of the firsts in social, economic and political achievements at the time and even now.

That's where you failed it.
Igbos dominated all sectors then.

Now, Igbos still lead in education.

2 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 1:31pm On Oct 17, 2017
7lives:

Look who's talking now, between THOSE WHO HAVE WILLINGLY SERVED AS SLAVES FOR 54 YEARS and those WHO were persuaded way back in 2011 and only recently decided to WORK with the NORTH, WHO ARE THE SLAVES?.
I NEVER knew you guys LOVED that SUBSERVIENT POSITION SO MUCH, until of recent.

They have forgotten how Azikiwe dumped Awolowo who advised him to take the post of the Prime Minister while Awolowo settles for the post of finance minister, to go form alliance with Sir Ahmadu Bello ,which enabled the northerners to take the Prime Ministership while the northerners made him a figurehead governor general who have no real authority. His hatred for Awolowo and Yoruba people cost the Igbos the opportunity to first rule Nigeria.

Let any Igbo refute this!.

8 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Marcelo290(m): 2:00pm On Oct 17, 2017
rlauncher:

What do you know. The lies they told you at home to infect you with hate for Yoruba people, just the same way Ojukwu kept lying to the Igbos that Ibadan had been captured by the Biafrian forces when he was actually preparing to flee the country.

Most of what you people have been taught about us are pure lies. They were meant to keep hatred in your hearts against us because of the outcome of the civil war.
It's not about what I was told, but what I factually discern to be the truth after a thorough study of history. I'm not among those who carry falsehood around out of emotions and sentiments.

Be like me, it would help you make neutral judgements without tribal affiliations.

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by dexentity: 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
What was Nnamdi Azikiwe able to achieve in the Southeast as their premier compared to what Obafemi Awolowo achieved in the Southwest, Southwest dodged a bullet with what happened to Azikiwe in the west as far as I am concerned.

7 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2017
igbodefender:

You are talking of the cross carpeting. Why didn't Awolowo just let the parties alone after the election?! Awolowo usurped the mandate of the Yoruba people by breaking Zik's coalition.

Yoruba that voted for Zik's list were not fools. They knew they could easily vote him out him if he tried any nonsense.

He had been trying nonsense secretly. We found out before it was too late.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Igbos don't lead in education. Most Yoruba people of my generation are sending their children off abroad to study in world class Universities.That is what JAMB statistics don't tell you.

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2017
Marcelo290:
It's not about what I was told, but what I factually discern to be the truth after a thorough study of history. I'm not among those who carry falsehood around out of emotions and sentiments.

Be like me, it would help you make neutral judgements without tribal affiliations.

You've been studying revisionists history. I've come across them too!
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Uglyojuku: 3:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
rlauncher:

You people thought we are slaves because you consider yourselves as one. Afterall, you are the ones who calls Nigeria a zoo, and you people one of the animals in it.

Igbos are permanent slaves of all Nigerians because they are booties of the civil war and had never been executive president.Who would vote for slaves?

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:58pm On Oct 17, 2017
rlauncher:

Igbos don't lead in education. Most Yoruba people of my generation are sending their children off abroad to study in world class Universities.That is what JAMB statistics don't tell you.
Igbos dominate that scene even more.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Igbos dominate that scene even more.

We don't make noise about our achievements.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Michael004: 5:30pm On Oct 17, 2017
bounty007:

God really had time to distribute stupidly and foolishness among you people.

see why God created you people slaves" for life slaves without option of redemption.

explain why Oduduwa was kicked out..and fell from the sky.. only to slave forever.
I will explain when you explain why you and your ancestors lived in the forest before you were discovered.

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 17, 2017
rlauncher:

He had been trying nonsense secretly. We found out before it was too late.

Lol. Which nonsense? The nonsense no get name? For instance, when Awolowo was arrested for arrested and prosecuted 1962 he was prosecuted for coup plotting. What was Zik's crime?

2 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by T9ksy(m): 6:21pm On Oct 17, 2017
igbodefender:

Lol. Which nonsense? The nonsense no get name? For instance, when Awolowo was arrested for arrested and prosecuted 1962 he was prosecuted for coup plotting. What was Zik's crime?

Yes o! Awo and his civilian colleagues in the AG were arrested for coup plotting by the coalition of the NPC and the NCNC govt.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 9:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
igbodefender:

Awolowo was framed-up. Everyone knows about that.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 18, 2017
rlauncher:

Awolowo was framed-up. Everyone knows about that.

Awo is the best President Nigeria never had. But for this your assertion, kindly provide proof.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 18, 2017
T9ksy:

Yes o! Awo and his civilian colleagues in the AG were arrested for coup plotting by the coalition of the NPC and the NCNC govt.

Awo is the best President Nigeria never had. But for your assertion above, kindly provide proof.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 9:14am On Oct 18, 2017
igbodefender:

Awo is the best President Nigeria never had. But for this your assertion, kindly provide proof.

During Awolowo's trial the trial judge said, " my hands are tied ", meaning that the powers that be wants him jailed at all cost. Don't you remember that. Of course you won't since all you've been taught are revisionists history.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by manuelzz(m): 9:29am On Oct 18, 2017
What is even wrong with you lots? A northerner said something about your tribesman, all you dumbos can come up with is to blame Azikiwe?

What sort of cowardice and hopelessness is this?

Tufiakwa!!

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 9:31am On Oct 18, 2017
manuelzz:
What is even wrong with you lots? A northerner said something about your tribesman, all you dumbos can come up with is to blame Azikiwe?

Tufiakwa!!

Why didn't you people keep your distance away from the write-up.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Saintsquare(m): 9:59am On Oct 18, 2017
rlauncher:

good question
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Ayor93(m): 10:01am On Oct 18, 2017
rlauncher:

abi jare. Maybe he hard for am
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 18, 2017
rlauncher:

During Awolowo's trial the trial judge said, " my hands are tied ", meaning that the powers that be wants him jailed at all cost. Don't you remember that. Of course you won't since all you've been taught are revisionists history.

Don't jump to conclusions. Were you in the judge's mind?

What if the judge meant, "My hands are tied", as in, "No matter how how highly I esteem you, justice must take its course?"

You were not there, and the judge did not clarify his statement to you. So, stop trying to put your own spin on history. Seek truth instead. Yorubas were not fools to vote for Zik. Neither you nor I forced them to do so.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 11:35am On Oct 18, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

That was a time Igbos nepotism and clannishness knew no bounds. They promote their own interests above that of other people groups. When a vacancy shows up anywhere, they work hard to fill it with Igbos. It was not uncommon at that time for them to threaten even their hosts with hostile takeover of their land.

The situation is still the same today. They generally employs only their own people while you can see them working freely in establishments owned by Yoruba people and other people groups.

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 11:37am On Oct 18, 2017
igbodefender:

Don't jump to conclusions. Were you in the judge's mind?

What if the judge meant, "My hands are tied", as in, "No matter how how highly I esteem you, justice must take its course?"

You were not there, and the judge did not clarify his statement to you. So, stop trying to put your own spin on history. Seek truth instead. Yorubas were not fools to vote for Zik. Neither you nor I forced them to do so.

Was that what actual happened. Everyone in this country now's the truth including your very self.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 11:47am On Oct 18, 2017
T9ksy:

Trumped up charges. This was supposedly against a northern led government. The northerners knowing what actually happened compensated Awolowo with the post of finance minister in Gowon's government.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 11:50am On Oct 18, 2017
manuelzz:

Tufiakwa!!

To set the record straight!
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2017
igbodefender:

Zip's crime?

Nepotism. Using his power and influence as Governor general and later as president to corner most Federal civil service posts for Igbos.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Ngozi123(f): 6:44pm On Oct 18, 2017
People are agreeing with the op without actually asking him which "strategic positions" Zik was alleged to have filled with Igbos.

rlauncher do go on, we are waiting... undecided

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Ngozi123(f): 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2017
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 8:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
Ngozi123:
People are agreeing with the op without actually asking him which "strategic positions" Zik was alleged to have filled with Igbos.

rlauncher do go on, we are waiting... undecided

When Azikiwe became governor-general and later on president in alliance with the north, the Yorubas suddenly find out that it was extremely difficult for them to find employment in the civil service, while it was much easier for Igbo people, leaving the Igbo people in absolute control of the Federal civil service. We understood that to be the actual reason Azikiwe dumped alliance with Awolowo's party for Sir Ahmadu Bello's party-opportunity to dominate at the federal level.

Never believe it when some historians tell you that Igbo dominance in the 60's was on merit. There was nothing statistically or scientific in any way, going by the demography and social mileuo of the nation to justify or prove that assertion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

1,570 Nigerians Abducted In 11 Months / Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ / Peter Obi Wins Kosofe LGA/ Ogudu Lagos With Wide Margin - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.