Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,437 members, 7,823,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? (29154 Views)

How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu / Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? / My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:27am On Oct 18, 2017
pcguru1:

I don't care if he doesn't want to end with Igbo's but to go as far as to say sh.it, anyway am guessing it's a common thing here so you right not my biz.

Its not a common thing. Its a normal thing.

To uphold your tribe.

(not to insult another. that is disgraceful)
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:29am On Oct 18, 2017
EbuGeneral:
Even the bible said marry from your tribe. God warned Solomon.

it has nothing to do with bible. it is common sense. why would i marey someone who doesnt follow mu culture, doesnt speak my language, cook my food, follow my faith (I am traditionalist so it matters more here), shares my ideology, blood, etc.

This is the way of our ancestors. nations are new construct. when the idea of a nation falls it is our tribe that we kust fall back to in times of conflict.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:29am On Oct 18, 2017
EbuGeneral:
Even the bible said marry from your tribe. God warned Solomon.

it has nothing to do with bible. it is common sense. why would i marey someone who doesnt follow mu culture, doesnt speak my language, cook my food, follow my faith (I am traditionalist so it matters more here), shares my ideology, blood, etc.

This is the way of our ancestors. nations are new construct. when the idea of a nation falls it is our tribe that we must fall back to in times of conflict.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:34am On Oct 18, 2017
Horlufemi:

How is tribe important. As far as I am concerned there's no such thing as tribe. Igbo, Yoruba, black white are nothing but labels. We are all the same.

Only bigots and racists and tribalistic think labels are important. If it were inter unions won't be fruitful. We carry what is unimportant and dash it a "matter of life and death" meaning.

Before we labelled ourselves Igbo Hausa Yoruba black white we were human. We are Human and our mandate is to be fruitful and multiply.

You are wrong. dont make up bullshyt fairytales.

The evolution of tribes marks the natural evolution of man. the day the tribes will be destroyed is the day our societies and cultures will vanishm just like what hapoened to the native americans etc during the assimillation progroms. the tribes are tied to the natural functioning of this land.

The tribes have existed since eons.

can you tell whaat makes a Han Chinese man different from a Yoruba man. how can you just say its all labels when the difference is crystal clear right before your eyes!

Tribes are natural evolutionary traits of humans. unfortunately since the last 100 yrs , the world has been pushed into turmoil. thw changes were evident wver sinc ethe rise of abrahamic fiatha that are oushing our societies to doom.

And you cant call me racist for striving to protect my tribal blood unity amongst our brethren, my culture, my customs (food dress), my Language, My traditional tribal religion,etc.

Our societies function different from the west. here we have the concept of extended families and tribal kinships as well as long lasting marriages. unlike the nuclear families in the west.

here we look after our parents, grandparents, etc. unlike there were they leave their homes and run off.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:36am On Oct 18, 2017
Humility017:

some people are not just matured by brother...common sense should teach rhat there exist good and bad people in every tribe...
sometimes I see our Christian practises as rubbish and gross hypocrisy...if we still judge and relate wit people on the basis of their tribe or race....

what's the meaning of being a Christian then...claiming to walk in love...

love sees no tribe, no race or defect...it sees...no family background also...

christianity is a dirty weed planted on our soil to destroy our societies and culture. remember that.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:37am On Oct 18, 2017
OlaSpeaker:

what about orphans who as no parents

in the past an orphan would be adopted by the next in kin in tribes.

this was the advantage of belonging to a tribe.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:41am On Oct 18, 2017
everozone:
Tribe means nothing.Love and understanding are the crucial essentials for a successful marriage.

Yeah love. and then once that love fades it results in divorce.

love is bullshyt temptation. i fell in love more than a 100 times to date.

Tribe is everything. it is our blood, culture, religion, food, habits, thinking, socio-political views, society, customs, Language, etc.

this is why despite the number of attacks, religious conversions turmoils etc we have faced all over the world, our ancestors kept the concept of tribe intact. it is an unwritten bond of unity.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Humility017(m): 6:04am On Oct 18, 2017
tossie101:

U are talking rubbish we all know Yorubas ar the core tribalist..
Right from birth their parents train their daughters to hate igbo men ..

Igbo gals can marry from any tribe.. but u yorubas taught us to be tribalistic.
So we learnt very well smiley
dear....I am talking from experience...
I am not even a Yoruba...I am from south south...
though...my Yoruba female friends told me same thing...while in nysc...

I think...tribalism in marriages is paramount amongst the major ethnic groups...

for sure...In as much I love intertribal marriages...and over the years I have gone polish my mom's mind to see nothing wrong wit it...

but I have now ruled out the possibility of marryin from.either the south east or south west..

my auntie married an ibo man from anambra state...she went through hell
prior that marriage...even wit pregnancy the man was later made to change his mind by his people....who warned him not to Marry from elsewhere...it took the intervention of God...and my mom and uncle...
before he later returned to his senses

today they have been married for the past 15 years wit children to show for it...and houses they both built together...

they live in Benin where I hailed from...but my auntie speak ibo and that's the language they speak in the house..likewise the food they ate are mainly from the south east...

dear....please don't insult me...all what i wrote to you are mainly from my experience..I have meet more ibo ladies....but the response all turned out to be the same...few yorubas I have meant...and they have same belief too...
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Kayleb26(m): 8:00am On Oct 18, 2017
tosyne2much:
I still don't understand why A GROWN UP MAN will give his family members the chance to sit down to decide or discredit whom he should marry or what tribe he should marry, on the ground of stereotypes and tribalism . It's nauseating I must say

But it happens anyway!

We're only left with dealing with it.

The painful part is if the grown person is well educated and a self acclaimed 22nd century person.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tosyne2much(m): 8:53am On Oct 18, 2017
Kayleb26:

But it happens anyway!

We're only left with dealing with it.

The painful part is if the grown person is well educated and a self acclaimed 22nd century person.
Sometimes, it takes a little rebellion before your parents will give you amnesty to be in control of your own life
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Horlufemi(m): 9:01am On Oct 18, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

You are wrong. dont make up bullshyt fairytales.

The evolution of tribes marks the natural evolution of man. the day the tribes will be destroyed is the day our societies and cultures will vanishm just like what hapoened to the native americans etc during the assimillation progroms. the tribes are tied to the natural functioning of this land.

The tribes have existed since eons.

can you tell whaat makes a Han Chinese man different from a Yoruba man. how can you just say its all labels when the difference is crystal clear right before your eyes!

Tribes are natural evolutionary traits of humans. unfortunately since the last 100 yrs , the world has been pushed into turmoil. thw changes were evident wver sinc ethe rise of abrahamic fiatha that are oushing our societies to doom.

And you cant call me racist for striving to protect my tribal blood unity amongst our brethren, my culture, my customs (food dress), my Language, My traditional tribal religion,etc.

Our societies function different from the west. here we have the concept of extended families and tribal kinships as well as long lasting marriages. unlike the nuclear families in the west.

here we look after our parents, grandparents, etc. unlike there were they leave their homes and run off.

You are plain wrong and all you stated here are mere assertions.

The native Americans were invaded and a lot of them were killed. And I say tribes/culture is a hinderance to the unity of humanity. Tribes are still made up of humans

Tribes are not evolutionary changes there are no change in genetic material just a concentration.

Culture is the only thing that makes a group of peeps a tribe. Take an Igbo new born . Give him to Yoruba parents he become Yoruba. That a Yoruba guy right there no longer Igbo.

The difference between Chinese and Igbo or Hausa are just phenotypical the account to less than 0.02% of the human genome.

We look dark because there is a concentration of dark genes in our area. This is what is called gene pool. Major cause is migration and adaptation. In the creation of humans when there wasn't much science, a light skin person would easily die before they reach reporductive age in the a continent like Africa (no protection from the UV rays of the sun "cancer"wink and vice versa in the temperate regions they don't have enough sunlight there and people with dark skin will lack a a vital vitamin "sun vitamin" and die young. The red Indians have brown skin despite living in the tropics but because of the forests they didn't really adapt to be dark.

Let me even shock you. There is no pure race. Do a proper research. A white supremacists leader did a gene test and found that 35% of his genes come from sub Saharan Africa. His house was destroyed by his followers. they say he wasn't pure. They called him black.

You see the human genome is wide for each part of the world some of it were filtered out by migration and adaptation. I didn't mention migration meeting each other and mixing. As you are you are genetically closer to one white guy somewhere than you tribes man. Who knows we could be genetical twins.

During the course of migration cultures (a set of beliefs) develop. So therefore culture ain't genetic. It's just a belief.

When it comes to Science and facts kick belief, tradition, tribe out the door. They are useless

1 Like

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by hmuhammad(m): 10:20am On Oct 18, 2017
NIGHTMAREOO7:

U didnt see the first peeson qho made the firat tribal comment abi undecided
just free am, let there be love from you smiley
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:39am On Oct 18, 2017
Horlufemi:

You are plain wrong and all you stated here are mere assertions.

The native Americans were invaded and a lot of them were killed. And I say tribes/culture is a hinderance to the unity of humanity. Tribes are still made up of humans

Tribes are not evolutionary changes there are no change in genetic material just a concentration.

Culture is the only thing that makes a group of peeps a tribe. Take an Igbo new born . Give him to Yoruba parents he become Yoruba. That a Yoruba guy right there no longer Igbo.

The difference between Chinese and Igbo or Hausa are just phenotypical the account to less than 0.02% of the human genome.

We look dark because there is a concentration of dark genes in our area. This is what is called gene pool. Major cause is migration and adaptation. In the creation of humans when there wasn't much science, a light skin person would easily die before they reach reporductive age in the a continent like Africa (no protection from the UV rays of the sun "cancer"wink and vice versa in the temperate regions they don't have enough sunlight there and people with dark skin will lack a a vital vitamin "sun vitamin" and die young. The red Indians have brown skin despite living in the tropics but because of the forests they didn't really adapt to be dark.

Let me even shock you. There is no pure race. Do a proper research. A white supremacists leader did a gene test and found that 35% of his genes come from sub Saharan Africa. His house was destroyed by his followers. they say he wasn't pure. They called him black.

You see the human genome is wide for each part of the world some of it were filtered out by migration and adaptation. I didn't mention migration meeting each other and mixing. As you are you are genetically closer to one white guy somewhere than you tribes man. Who knows we could be genetical twins.

During the course of migration cultures (a set of beliefs) develop. So therefore culture ain't genetic. It's just a belief.

When it comes to Science and facts kick belief, tradition, tribe out the door. They are useless

There is no such thing as humanity. Your version of humanity maybe diifferent from someone elses version of humanity.
in one culture killing animals may be the norm. in another tribe killing animals may be a grave taboo. in one culture polygamy might be the norm. in another it might be the opposite.

put a bunch of detribalized people in a room and they will still find reasons to kill each other.

Tribes are exactly what humanity is all about. Tribes are the natural laws of human society shaped by the geography, environment, human movement etc throughout the course of history. The tribes are nothing but real live examples of human evolution in motion. Humans like animals also are not immune to evolution. the development of human anthropology independent of each other based on their natural adaptations is an ongoing process which the early Pagan ancestors realised. therefore despite all odds they have maintained the tribal structure to date.

if you notice throughout the pages of history , the only destructive forces to the natural existence of tribal units has been abrahamic religion.

The native americans were invaded , killed AND Forcefullly assimilated. white spaniards were ordered to forcibly rape and marry native american tribal women. this was done in order to assimilate them and destroy their culture and bloodlines which was connected to their Pagan faith and roots. thus paving the way to further destroy nature and the world with the creation of modern usa. but thats all another matter.
this systematic assimilation and detribalization of aboriginal natives continued way into the last centuryby the us govt.
the Roman catholic paoacy centred in Rome also drafted laws for the detribalization of europe, the destruction of extended families and the promotion of nuclear families. this was all done with a sole aim to destroy their society their culture and most importantly their PAGANISM. their humanity. what happened later you all know. colonialism etc. and once the tribes were destroyed , the aboriginal europeans could not return to their Pagan roots. the sending of Norman forces to Angles Saxon britain etc .all these are phased events. Moreover you will notice to date the ripple effects of these moves by observing the stark difference between West Europe and East Europe. why one was the driver of colonialism while the other is largely poor/isolated. etc.

Tribes preserve their genopool. They keep their dominant genopool intact. this is why despite occassional stray cases of assimilation that may have occured, the dominant genopool remains intact in tribes.

Take an Igbo person and leave him amongst Yorubas. he may adobt their customs but he doesnt lose his hummanity. he still holds his Igboness. he still has a flat head. you can cover a wolf in sheep skin but it will still remain a wolf.

One more thing of note. Yorubas and Igbos are still of the same Greater Ethnic group. Congoid people. the difference will be greater once you put a semitic/Chadic person into the equation.

Yes again thanks for explaining the evolution of humans. I have not contradicted you there. infact I use that conclusion as a support for my argument. Human evolution is ongoing and a natural process. the turn of the 20th century certainly brought large changes in the natural diet and lifestyle of people (thus you see a rise in health complications etc)

However i am sure that if the diverse human ethnic groups were further allowed to follow the process of evolution and natural selection we wiuld see the rise of new species.

Again you have just ignored a very vital piece of information . "white" supermacist. the whites have been long detribalized by christianity. the whites of today especially the white americans are a mix of diverse races. heck you are very likely to find native american and creole-black in them.

but the same cannot be applied on a subsaharan african ,e.g. or one of the other true Pagan tribes. you wont find such a high percentage of admixture. This is what the tribe is all about. it is more than just culture. it is genetics too.

A belief doesnt just randomly develop.Amongst the millions of tribes existant on Earth, Show me one true Pagan tribal religion that has a man founder or a prophet and i will renounce my Pagan faith. These beliefs are itself from the early stages of evolution of humanity.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Horlufemi(m): 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

There is no such thing as humanity. Your version of humanity maybe diifferent from someone elses version of humanity.
in one culture killing animals may be the norm. in another tribe killing animals may be a grave taboo. in one culture polygamy might be the norm. in another it might be the opposite.

put a bunch of detribalized people in a room and they will still find reasons to kill each other.

Tribes are exactly what humanity is all about. Tribes are the natural laws of human society shaoed by the geography, environment, human movement etc throughout the course of history. The tribes are nothing but real live examples of human evolution in motion. Humans like animals also are not immune to evolution. the devlopment of human anthropology inependent o each other based on their natural adaptations is an ongoing process which the early Pagan ancestors realised. therefore despite all odds they have maintained the tribal structure to date.

if you notice throughout the pages of history , the onky destructive forces to the natural existence of tribal units has been abrahamic religion.

The native americans were invaded , killed AND Forcefullly assimilated. white spaniards were ordered to forcibly rape and marry native american tribal women. this was done in order to assimilate them and destroy their culture and bloodlines which was connected to their Pagan faith and roots. thus paving the way to further destroy nature and the world with the creation of modern usa. but thats all another matter.
this systematic assimilation and detribalization of aboriginal natives continued way into the last centuryby the us govt.
the Roman catholic paoacy centred in Rome also drafted laws for the detribalization of europe, the destruction of extended families and the promotion of nuclear families. this was all done with a sole aim to destroy their society their culture and most importantly their PAGANISM. their humanity. what happened later you all know. colonialism etc. and once the tribes were destroyed , the aboriginal europeans could not return to their Pagan roots. the sending of Norman forces to Angles Saxon britain etc .all these are phased events. Moreover you will notice to date the ripple effects of these moves by observing the stark difference between West Europe and East Europe. why one was the driver of colonialism while the other is largely poor/isolated. etc.

Tribes preserve their genopool. They keep their dominant genopool intact. this is why despite occassional stray cases of assimilation that may have occured, the dominant genopool remains intact in tribes.

Take an Igbo person and leave him amongst Yorubas. he may adobt their customs but he doesnt lose his hummanity. he still holds his Igboness. he still has a flat head. you can cover a wolf in sheep skin but it will still remain a wolf.

One more thing of note. Yorubas and Igbos are still of the same Greater Ethnic group. Congoid people. the difference will be greater once you put a semitic/Chadic person into the equation.

Yes again thanks for explaining the evolution of humans. I have not contradicted you there. infact I use that conclusion as a support for my argument. Human evolution is ongoing and a natural process. the turn of the 20th century certainly brought large changes in the natural diet and lifestyle of people (thus you see a rise in health complications etc)

However i am sure that if the diverse human ethnic groups were further allowed to follow the process of evolution and natural selection we wiuld see the rise of new species.

Again you have just ignored a very vital piece of information . "white" supermacist. the whites have been long detribalized by christianity. the whites of today especially the white americans are a mix of diverse races. heck you are very likely to find native american and creole-black in them.

but the same cannot be applied on a subsaharan african ,e.g. or one of the other true Pagan tribes. you wont find such a high percentage of admixture. This is what the tribe is all about. it is more than just culture. it is genetics too.

A belief doesnt just randomly develop.Amongst the millions of tribes existant on Earth, Show me one true Pagan tribal religion that has a man founder or a prophet and i will renounce my Pagan faith. These beliefs are itself from the early stages of evolution of humanity.

Recent studies in the Human genome suggests that we are all related and the best way to describe how closely related we are is that we are all cousins. Genetically you and I are cousins. we are not discussing religion or pagan faith here. I'm explaining to you why the whole humanity is one race.

1 Like

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by everozone: 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
They say marriage knows no boundary.Therefore,in marriage,tribe doesn't matter.OBJ,IBB,Atiku,Oshowmole,GEJ,Peter of P-square,Tu-baba and host of others married from outside their tribes.So,in marriage tribe doesn't matter.Let's be wise.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tommynico(m): 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2017
tossie101:

Thats not the point.
Tell urself the truth
I tire for you oooo, na which truth you wan hear again abi you want make I tell you lie?
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Nword22: 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
Bruno3000:
Shey u see what I mean? Very annoying set of people.

What is even talking, the same ape?
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Nword22: 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
Olabestonic001:

Proof that its a lie. Otherwise, keep quiet forever.

Will you keep quiet?
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
Horlufemi:

Recent studies in the Human genome suggests that we are all related and the best way to describe how closely related we are is that we are all cousins. Genetically you and I are cousins. we are not discussing religion or pagan faith here. I'm explaining to you why the whole humanity is one race.

We are related to Chimpanzee and bananas too you know. We share 98% similar DNA to chimps. yet we are so different. even a small change in DNA can cause a huge difference.

Evolution is diversionary. Not conversionary. its an ongoing process.

How do you think horses and zebras developed. they dont interbreed now because by nature they have evolved and gradually distanced into separate species.

some very close cousins such as tigers and lions are now two different species. Infact they produce sterile offsprijg if forced to breed together.

The point here is there is no such thing as humanity or a single human "race". We are such a diverse specie.

And btw its everyones choice to marry whomsover they wish. But as traditionalist Pagans we have very strong reasons to have our views which are based on multiple reasons. you wont believe the kind of diverse factors which are associated to this issue.

It is a very controversial topic.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Bruno3000(m): 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
Nword22:

What is even talking, the same ape?
Very stupit set of people. See d baboon calling someone an ape. Stupit annoying baboon. Mention me again and be cursed for life. Idiot.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Horlufemi(m): 11:54pm On Oct 18, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

We are related to Chimpanzee and bananas too you know. We share 98% similar DNA to chimps. yet we are so different. even a small change in DNA can cause a huge difference.

Evolution is diversionary. Not conversionary. its an ongoing process.

How do you think horses and zebras developed. they dont interbreed now because by nature they have evolved and gradually distanced into separate species.

some very close cousins such as tigers and lions are now two different species. Infact they produce sterile offsprijg if forced to breed together.

The point here is there is no such thing as humanity or a single human "race". We are such a diverse specie.

And btw its everyones choice to marry whomsover they wish. But as traditionalist Pagans we have very strong reasons to have our views which are based on multiple reasons. you wont believe the kind of diverse factors which are associated to this issue.

It is a very controversial topic.

Oh no. When next you board a plane or perhaps you want to go for surgery please make sure you specifically ask for someone of your own tribe and not a competent human. Ooonkayn!

You obviously know nothing about genetics. A chimp is a chimp despite the similarities of "known" genes with Human. A chimp can't produce viable offspring with humans for genetical reasons. One of those reasons is why a chimp will beget a chimp, dog a dog, goat a goat.

Peace
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tossie101(f): 2:45am On Oct 19, 2017
Humility017:

dear....I am talking from experience...
I am not even a Yoruba...I am from south south...
though...my Yoruba female friends told me same thing...while in nysc...

I think...tribalism in marriages is paramount amongst the major ethnic groups...

for sure...In as much I love intertribal marriages...and over the years I have gone polish my mom's mind to see nothing wrong wit it...

but I have now ruled out the possibility of marryin from.either the south east or south west..

my auntie married an ibo man from anambra state...she went through hell
prior that marriage...even wit pregnancy the man was later made to change his mind by his people....who warned him not to Marry from elsewhere...it took the intervention of God...and my mom and uncle...
before he later returned to his senses

today they have been married for the past 15 years wit children to show for it...and houses they both built together...

they live in Benin where I hailed from...but my auntie speak ibo and that's the language they speak in the house..likewise the food they ate are mainly from the south east...

dear....please don't insult me...all what i wrote to you are mainly from my experience..I have meet more ibo ladies....but the response all turned out to be the same...few yorubas I have meant...and they have same belief too...

You know yorubas u met told u the same thing yet u only singled out igbos to say ur poo.

But we all know igbo gals ar more married outside side any other tribe.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by GoldenChiddy: 5:34am On Oct 19, 2017
Okwu ID is an Igbo Cultural group from the UK. Trying to keep Igbo culture alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ae1OHJMJQo&t=10s
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:47am On Oct 19, 2017
Horlufemi:

Oh no. When next you board a plane or perhaps you want to go for surgery please make sure you specifically ask for someone of your own tribe and not a competent human. Ooonkayn!

You obviously know nothing about genetics. A chimp is a chimp despite the similarities of "known" genes with Human. A chimp can't produce viable offspring with humans for genetical reasons. One of those reasons is why a chimp will beget a chimp, dog a dog, goat a goat.

Peace

I believe you lack the power to reason and speak logically.

Did I ever mention anything about discriminating between different tribal or ethnic groups? Don't divert the topic.

Neither have I mentioned my tribe here or spoken of any superiority complex.

This is the problem with pseudo-liberals. They have the tendency to create a race/sectarian issue out of a non existent one.

I am proud of my tribe. That doesnt mean I should discriminate others. Neither does that mean I should force myself to fvck them ane breed offspring with them. Be aware of the difference.

I know the difference. Read what I wrote again. A chimp didnt just drop from the sky and become a chimp in one day. A chimp is the result of thousands of years of evolution and divergence of species from a parent group.
Same with humans.

War.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Horlufemi(m): 9:54am On Oct 19, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

I believe you lack the power to reason and speak logically.

Did I ever mention anything about discriminating between different tribal or ethnic groups? Don't divert the topic.

Neither have I mentioned my tribe here or spoken of any superiority complex.

This is the problem with pseudo-liberals. They have the tendency to create a race/sectarian issue out of a non existent one.

I am proud of my tribe. That doesnt mean I should discriminate others. Neither does that mean I should force myself to fvck them ane breed offspring with them. Be aware of the difference.

I know the difference. Read what I wrote again. A chimp didnt just drop from the sky and become a chimp in one day. A chimp is the result of thousands of years of evolution and divergence of species from a parent group.
Same with humans.

War.

What ever you're proud of it doesn't change the scientific logic that tribe is inconsequential when it comes to humans being fruitful and multiplying.

I'm talking from the angle of science. You should have dechipered that. Culture, tribe and religion are unimportant when it comes to love, sex, kindness, fruitfulness. Tribe, belief is the basis of "us against them" and the general knowledge that we are all the same and just trying to survive can lead to a better world.

Clan based thinking does more harm than good.

Evolution is a fable and despite it being widely supported by scientists who desperately want to kick out a creator.

Yes animals change overtime but they can't change to another species by Natural selection. Evolution theory is as good as Larmacks theory. Recent microbiology, information theory, is incompatible with your theory of evolution.

The theory of evolution has never answered the age long question of the origin of species. It belongs in the trash.

Try to see the bigger picture outside your tribe.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Nword22: 10:55am On Oct 19, 2017
Bruno3000:
Very stupit set of people. See d baboon calling someone an ape. Stupit annoying baboon. Mention me again and be cursed for life. Idiot.

Primitive ape, do you think that I give a shiit about black man's curse.

Ape is what you are, now go and die.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Bruno3000(m): 6:42pm On Oct 19, 2017
Nword22:

Believe what u want to believe u igbotic baboon. I repeat most igbos are Very annoying set of homo sapiens. Now go and hug transformer. Stupit man.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Bruno3000(m): 6:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
Nword22:

Believe what u want to believe u cursed igbotic baboon! I repeat MOST IGBO PEOPLE ARE VERY ANNOYING SET OF HOMO SAPIENS. Now go and hug transformer.

STUPIT MAN.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Bruno3000(m): 6:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
Nword22:

Believe what u want to believe u cursed igbotic baboon. I repeat MOST IGBO PEOPLE ARE VERY ANNOYING SET OF HOMO SAPIENS. U CAN NOW GO AND COMMIT SUICIDE.

STUPIT MAN.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Humility017(m): 5:14am On Oct 20, 2017
tossie101:

You know yorubas u met told u the same thing yet u only singled out igbos to say ur poo.

But we all know igbo gals ar more married outside side any other tribe.

can't you just be polite....and talk more reasonably....
I have tried not toil your line....
I am more particular about ibos....
because they have been the ones...I have showed interest towards moreover my auntie married an ibo man and I know what she went thru prior her acceptance by husband's family..the Yoruba ladies were just my friends...
I had not emotional feelings towards them...
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Humility017(m): 5:15am On Oct 20, 2017
everozone:
They say marriage knows no boundary.Therefore,in marriage,tribe doesn't matter.OBJ,IBB,Atiku,Oshowmole,GEJ,Peter of P-square,Tu-baba and host of others married from outside their tribes.So,in marriage tribe doesn't matter.Let's be wise.
unfortunately many are not wise even some parents as well
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Freedomforall: 8:54am On Oct 20, 2017
The only problem I have about marring someone outside my tribe is language. If I can understand that then, no problem.( don't wanna look dum and stupid when discussion is going in their native LAN. I wanna contribute too.)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? / Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? / Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.