Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? (28993 Views)

How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu / Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? / My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
Both of u need ur parents blessing. Its very important oo..
If u cant convince them then move on and look for another
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by hmuhammad(m): 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
Bruno3000:
same here dear, am sad each time someone mistakes me for an IBO guy... very annoying set of homo sapiens
lol, stop the tribalism.... lets love onr another
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
hmuhammad:
lol, stop the tribalism

U didnt see the first peeson qho made the firat tribal comment abi undecided
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by PBundles(m): 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
Let the guy show a healthy bank account, dad will be calling him son in NO TIME. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Olabestonic001(m): 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2017
j1mmy:
The main tribalists in Nigeria are igbos and hausas.
I suspect the yoruba refused because igbo is involved, no one likes them at home and abroad! Another tribe and they might consider.

There will be another civil war in nigeria against igbos, marry one at your own risk!

Dumb post!

6 Likes

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tuniski: 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2017
selflessposhheart:
In this Biafra era una one dey marry any how if Biafra take its course who go follow who join country
So who dey follow who as igbos dey marry Europeans,Asians, Americans and what have you? Don't be an ethnic bigot. The world has moved beyond your type of bigotry!!

1 Like

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Horlufemi(m): 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2017
Love knows no tribe nor stereotype.

fvck parental blessings. I will run away and may my bride and they won't hear from us ever again.

Bunch of racists and tribalists. People like them have no space in my family.

1 Like

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2017
Positivepoint:

Bros those same family members are the ones u will disturb when things ain't going right. Who takes care of ur kids after u death or incapable?

Thank u. Thats what they dont understand.
I know a gal who made same mistake.
She flouted her parents orders not to marry the guy..
But later in the marriage the guy turned a violent woman beater and a serial cheater.

The gal had no option than to return home.
Buy the father r3jected her. And pusshed her out till today.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 17, 2017
ask your parents to call me. Im igbo married to my youruba prince for 10 years .

Only advise: Just be godly and remember thatyour parents only wish not necessarily want the best for you.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Horlufemi(m): 3:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
blackbeau1:
They shouldn't run away . It never solves anything . Try to get your parents to agree. Their blessings matter a lot . Besides , if they run away to get married, won't they ever come back ? If they do come back , they should know that their parents (especially the husbands parents ) will likely never forgive them.

What if both parents are late do dey still need blessings.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2017
TruePass:
We have something in common.

Same way I will never marry all this dirty Yoruba girls. cheesy

Haha yoruba girls aren't dirty. But better than igbo girls who are known to be sluts.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by dingbang(m): 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2017
tosyne2much:
I still don't understand why A GROWN UP MAN will give his family members the chance to sit down to decide or discredit whom he should marry or what tribe he should marry, on the ground of stereotypes and tribalism . It's nauseating I must say
very nauseating... Let me see any of my parents that will tell me that rubbish.. No support for them again
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by ireneidiva(f): 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2017
Ruthelia:
How would you feel knowing you will be taught how to make your dream dress ...... Especially for December!!
Will you be happy to know you can actually learn how to make that dream dress a reality?
Do you wish to learn how to make beautiful and head turning styles both for your amazing self and your clients?
Can you CUT but can't SOW?
Do you know the basics for making clothes but you need more illustrations on other styles as fashion is very wide?
Do you see your self as a professional but you still lack the ability to retain your clients?
....Then, this training is for you.
Ruthelia Couture presents a 6 SIX WEEKS intensive online training for fashion designers.
This training includes
1. Learning the craft.
2. Learning the mind behind the craft.
Date: 23rd of October - 8th of December 2017.
Time 5-7PM

Week 1: Blouse
1. Princess Bustier blouse (Princess Cut)
2. Three pieces bustier blouse
3. Peplum and Six pieces blouse
4.Off -shoulder blouse
5. One hand blouse.

Week 2: Skirt and Trouser
1. A-line and Circle Skirt
2. Panel Skirts (6 pieces skirt)
3. Fish tail Skirt
4. Standard female trouser
5. Jumpsuit

Week 3: Gown
1. Short gown
2. A-shape gown
3. Six pieces gown
4. Fish tail gown
5. High -low gown

Week 4: Sleeves
1. Quarter Sleeves
2. Cap Sleeves
3. Bishop Sleeves
4. Bell sleeves
5. Spaghetti Sleeves

Week Five: Necklines
1. Sweetheart neck
2. V. Neck
3. Peter Pan neck
4. Boat Neck
5. High Neck and Keyhole neck.

Week Six : The mind behind the craft
1. The mind of an entrepreneur
2.How not to compete but to add value.
3. Techniques for retaining clients
4. Writing a business plan.
5. What to do to get investors for your company.
N:B: Each class comes with a detailed paper and video illustrations.
Fee:#,1000

Join our WhatsApp group via this link:
https:///GT1LEdYReYO2nozs7VTXNr

Here's a golden opportunity you don't want to miss!!!
'sew' not 'sow'.

1 Like

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Adebowale89(m): 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nigerian parent with their mentality but if we bring oyinbo wife/husband they we welcome it warmly even if they are old

my dad always state this fact, if u like marry Hausa, igede, Igbo, efik or nupe but at least she must possessed a degree in a tertiary institution

I know it will definitely be the mother that will oppose it, men hardly have problem when it comes to marriage. my Mom once oppose to getting married to Igbo but when she meet my girl and having close relation, she agreed and fall in love with her

for the fact that some Yoruba has done sth wrong to u, doesn't mean they're all bad and samething as Igbo. different people with different character&different
background

op, am sure the both awaiting bride and groom didn't have any close relations with the parent before proposing a marriage. in a inter tribal marriage, longtime close relation is important to the parents of both parties

4 Likes

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by dingbang(m): 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nazeren:
Tribe matters to me. Can never marry an igbo shiit.
because of this... I decree that you will end up marrying an Igbo man...

3 Likes

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by sirxbit(m): 3:50pm On Oct 17, 2017
Ain't convincing any shit.
If your reason for me not marrying the luv of my life in the name of tribe difference. Then u can go to hell for all I care.if she's willing I will marry her and they can Bleep off.

2 Likes

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by blackbeau1(f): 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2017
Horlufemi:

What if both parents are late do dey still need blessings.
then there are people who will stand in their place and bless the marriage .

1 Like

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Uhomanbulus110(f): 3:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
Let them seek the face of God

1 Like

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by mrtenixco1984(m): 3:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
Make up for your white weddings,traditional weddings,birthday,dinner party and any other event.we also train people who wants to learn how to acquire the skill on make up.call us today on 07060405757Make up for your white weddings,traditional weddings,birthday,dinner party and any other event.we also train people who wants to learn how to acquire the skill on make up.call us today on 07060405757Make up for your white weddings,traditional weddings,birthday,dinner party and any other event.we also train people who wants to learn how to acquire the skill on make up.call us today on 07060405757
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 3:53pm On Oct 17, 2017
it is not just tribe that matters in marriage both faith counts, hardly for a catholic to marry none catholic or for Jehovah witness to marry none member. but for tribe, i think it depends on family concern. some families dont just bother. but all the same Love wins at the end
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by enemyofprogress: 3:56pm On Oct 17, 2017
ALOWONLE419:
.TRIBE MATTERS A LOT TO ME O angry AS A MUSLIM, I CAN NEVER MARRY OFF MY DAUGHTER TO MY TRIBES MAN WHO IS A CHRISTIAN OR IPODS MEMBERS angry
we are talking about humans beings and not you,your daughter or religion
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Amhappy(f): 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2017
Love is never enough. If the family you are marrying into give you hell eeeh,you go renounce love by force. Family support is needed in marriage especially for the lady because men too dey Bleep up. And if you add the difference in language,custom;prostrate, call a boy/girl you fit born uncle/auntie, Omo Ibo nickname etc. It doesn't worth the stress. Convince your parents or find another person. Or you can wait,after like 3-5 years they may agree as they see their daughter aging without getting married.

8 Likes

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by ALOWONLE419(m): 3:58pm On Oct 17, 2017
thunderbabs:

If the IBO man na Muslim nkor? undecided
WETIN CONCERN ME WITH IBO
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by DebateNigeria: 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
Dearlord:
they should know the reason behind their objections and if found to be of greater help or importance to their future then, they should desist from the attempts and if the reasons are insufficient to their conviction, then they should be responsible for their future and build on a solid marriage anchored with positive mind.
Best response. God bless you. The reason must be genuine, otherwise go ahead and marry her. With parental consent marriages still crash, without parental consent marriages last long. It depends on the two people involved.
As a country (black people), we are too stereotyped. In western worlds, two adult usually makes the decision without parental influence. Parental blessing and family support is overrated.

3 Likes

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tommynico(m): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
Ondo state yorubas are more liberal than those of osun, oyo and oguns......they even encourage such inter-tribal marriages between themselves and other tribes especially igbos, edos, but not with Hausa and fulanis, if you try ahm, na your own wahala be that.

4 Likes

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Nobodys(f): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
jizzz ...... So tribalism is still high in naija like dis.. Wow see comments ... Sooo irritating..smh.. We have a long way to go..
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Icon79(m): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
As the Spanish people would say, 'the couple owns the marriage, the family owns the wedding'. So just tell them, "It's your wedding, our marriage". Their job in the whole thing was to plan the wedding .... everything about whom to marry and when to marry should be left for the couple to decide.

O pari

1 Like

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tossie101(f): 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2017
Me marry yoruba man?.
Hmm odikwa egwu.
IT CAN NEVA HAPPEN..
I neva even consider edo na yoruba.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by AZeD1(m): 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2017
Let them tell their folks in actions and in words that they(the couple) are not seeking anyone's permission to get married, they are only informing family members because courtesy demands they do so.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Andy2274: 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nazeren:
Tribe matters to me. Can never marry an igbo shiit.
. And you call yourself an educated person abi? If she is 50yrs white lady you will tell your parents that race doesn't matter....
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Nobodys(f): 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nazeren:

Haha yoruba girls aren't dirty. But better than igbo girls who are known to be sluts.
is this really necessary?

5 Likes

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Dutchey(m): 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2017
blackbeau1:
They shouldn't run away . It never solves anything . Try to get your parents to agree. Their blessings matter a lot . Besides , if they run away to get married, won't they ever come back ? If they do come back , they should know that their parents (especially the husbands parents ) will likely never forgive them.
thats why they are our parent, they will always forgive us no matter what...learnt that so many times

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Couple Files $650,000 Suit Against Their Son For Not Giving Them Grandchildren / Why Are Men Outraged Over Paternity Fraud? / With ₦400 your wife can prepare soup that would last two days — Pastor says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.