Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,400 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women (32784 Views)

Lagos’s Chequered History: How It Came To Be The Megacity It Is Today / Megacity Projects Buhari As Winner Of The Presidential Election / Nigerians Ranked 8th Most Hardworking Foreigners In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Kendroid: 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
I would labeled any list incomplete without the mention of NIGERIA.
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by passyhansome(m): 3:27pm On Oct 17, 2017
ALLEN AVENUE IKEJA
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by seguno2: 3:29pm On Oct 17, 2017
Ambode is working.
Eko o ni baje.
Where are the suffering and smiling mumu praise singers
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by ivolt: 3:29pm On Oct 17, 2017
All thanks to jobless area boys.
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Leez(m): 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2017
passyhansome:
ALLEN AVENUE IKEJA
in weird mc voice allen what??
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2017
activistjohnny:
Lagos is the eighth most dangerous megacity for women to live in, according to a Thompson Reuters survey. Cairo, capital of Egypt, was rated the world’s most dangerous megacity for women while London, the best.

The poll which sought the opinion from some 380 experts in women’s issues, was conducted in 19 of the world’s biggest megacities (as ranked by the United Nations) between June and July 2017.

The cities were ranked based on four major factors – sexual violence, access to healthcare, cultural practices and economic opportunities. Karachi in Pakistan followed Cairo, and next in line was Kinshasa in Democratic Republic of the Congo, then the Indian capital New Delhi.

Women’s rights campaigners in Cairo said traditions dating back centuries made it a tough city, with discrimination rife. Delhi and Sao Paulo emerged as the worst cities when respondents were asked if women could live there without the risk of sexual violence, including rape, attacks or harassment. Via: TheCable

source:http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/10/lagos-ranked-8th-most-dangerous_77.html

Lagos is the worse city in the world by a large margin. grin. (give or take).
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Sunkyphil(m): 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2017
No us city dey there

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by ssogundele(m): 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
Kennedymac:
them dey rape ashawo?
That too bad to say! Your sisters or daughters could be victims too so don't trivialize it please. May God heal her wound.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by khalids: 3:37pm On Oct 17, 2017
Last time I checked, Nigeria does not keep any good statistics....so how on earth did they come up with this evaluation

it appears to me, that some lazy ass researcher, just sits in their cushy chair, props up a list of the usual suspects, and tables what ever evil data they wish to table.......

Errant nonsense....and the usual Africans will just accept and be nodding their head with out questioning the authenticity...in other climes someone would have being suing someone to court over this ish

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 17, 2017
fvckme:
I can recount how I was raped in Lagos.
Very bad experience

With your moniker anyday i see u and i dont raPE you
I'll faint dat day grin

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by PBundles(m): 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
EzeEbira:
Lagos ke
It should be replaced by bangkok(capital of prostituton).

But since they said megacity,I don't think bangkok is a mega city.

Bangkok is certainly a megacity, but they were talking of dangerous and if you have ever been there you know that yes there is prostitution like any other major city, though Patong is worse, its certainly not dangerous for women. Infact its normal to see women backpackers in Bangkok, no issues what so ever. Talking from experience as I vacate in Asia all the time.
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by brownhawk: 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
fvckme:

grin grin
I ask for ur solidarity?
No worry when ur sister get to be raped multiple times.. you go see wetin she go become.
Btw You F00L ooo for mentioning me
my sister is decent and if she's to join nairaland she wouldn't be mad enough to adopt your personality and use your kind of moniker

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2017
Ambode sef embarassed cry
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by faheez(m): 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2017
christejames:
Lagos? and no Saudi Arabian city made the list?
yes! oppression of women also pose a great danger to them.
you are not intelligent, how will you call what's happening in Saudi Arabia oppression? did their females complain to you? their law that they all agreed to?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
i jus weak
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by cooltola(m): 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by tossie101(f): 3:50pm On Oct 17, 2017
grandstar:
Do you know there are parts of Lagos where women are gang raped daily and the shameless police are doing absolutely nothing about it? It is so sad.

Are u serious? undecided
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by tintall(m): 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2017
EzeEbira:
Lagos ke
It should be replaced by bangkok(capital of prostituton).

But since they said megacity,I don't think bangkok is a mega city.

You sef hear the name... Bang co.ck...lol grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by KKKWHITE(m): 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2017
fvckme:
I can recount how I was raped in Lagos. Very bad experience
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
So only 19 cities were sampled? That's not too bad then, but I still don't believe it
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by tossie101(f): 3:53pm On Oct 17, 2017
passyhansome:
ALLEN AVENUE IKEJA

Weting dey happen there? smiley lol
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by MarilynNash(f): 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2017
Kennedymac:
them dey rape ashawo?
Yes, you misogynistic pig.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Humanistme: 3:58pm On Oct 17, 2017
faheez:

you are not intelligent, how will you call what's happening in Saudi Arabia oppression? did their females complain to you? their law that they all agreed to?

Actually their women protested the ban on driving. now they have achieved their goal the are protesting the guardianship law.

They definitely complain.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2017
fvckme:
Very bad experience
rape ile e wo? you will be raped and you will let people know,mtchw
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by tollytexy(m): 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2017
fvckme:
Very bad experience

with your user name .. lol

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by DonCandido(f): 4:12pm On Oct 17, 2017
This can only be the outcome of research conducted by an armchair analyst in London. Any analysis based data collected from fictitious people who have never been to Nigeria would only result in such jaundiced and laughable conclusion.

Based on objective analysis, ladies let us be honest, Lagos affords women more security than capitals like Mogadishu in Somalia; Damascus in Syria; Baghdad in Iraq; Riyadh in Saudi Arabia; Nouakchott in Mauritania; Juba in Southern Sudan; Khartoum in Sudan etc.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by msbbash(m): 4:18pm On Oct 17, 2017
fvckme:
na lie, u dey people wey go tell u sorry !
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Agbator: 4:24pm On Oct 17, 2017
MY PEOPLE NA YOUR ELLIOT,AM CONTESTING FOR FACE OF IMAGES HOUSE MATE SEASON2.PLS I NEED YOUR VOTES,LETS DO THIS 2GEDA.PLS FOLLOW THE STEPS TO VOTE FOR ME.GOD BLESS YOU GUYS RICHLY.PLS REBROADCAST,THANKS.FOR ENQUIRIES CALL 08068099455
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Bhoomy(f): 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2017
soloisty:
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim
lie lie
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by fvckme(f): 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
brownhawk:
my sister is decent and if she's to join nairaland she wouldn't be mad enough to adopt your personality and use your kind of moniker
Like u know how many d1ck she has been forking..
You still a fo0l for mentioning me

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by bigpastor(m): 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2017
fvckme:
Very bad experience
Ur username gives you out

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by fineyemi(m): 4:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
fvckme:
ur name says it all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obi Plans To Stage-manage Fake Assassination Attempt – Keyamo / President Tinubu Attended Friday Prayers With Sultan Of Sokoto (Pictures) / Ondo Residents Overpower Truck Driver; Loot Food Items Branded In Tinubu Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.