Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women (32776 Views)

Lagos’s Chequered History: How It Came To Be The Megacity It Is Today / Megacity Projects Buhari As Winner Of The Presidential Election / Nigerians Ranked 8th Most Hardworking Foreigners In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Lionessza(f): 7:29am On Oct 18, 2017
Godwin616:
Nonsense rating. Nae so so negative reports they like to portray Africa countries especially anything pertaining to Nigeria. Can you compare rate of crime in Lagos to South Africa, India,Bangladesh,South American countries. etc Mtcheew.

LMFAO, you have no statistics to speak of but the reports of the kind of crimes reported there are super scary . Which other country in Africa has mainstream media showing people holding human heads daily ? . SA is the most visited country in the continent which should tell you that the crime rate is exaggerated, if it was that high , why would millions from developed safe countries flock here for vacations? They take taxis like the citizens and they don't need drivers or bodyguards as they do in lagos. Pregnant women can deliver their kids without fearing their babies will die as is the case in lagos. Police respond rapidly to a crime scene and don't have to be bribed to do their jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Lionessza(f): 7:32am On Oct 18, 2017
Litmus:

Comparing Lagos to the places you mention is unfair to Lagos, you're too generous to the compilers of the statistic. No South African city on the list, Lagos is probably safer for women than it is for women of many European cities if there's honesty or objectivity involved

Chief zuma , come and help me lmfao.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 18, 2017
grandstar:
Do you know there are parts of Lagos where women are gang raped daily and the shameless police are doing absolutely nothing about it? It is so sad.

Prostitutes, They are.
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by poweredcom(m): 7:38am On Oct 18, 2017
hahah almost all females in Lagos are heavy Oloshos..by association
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 18, 2017
Lionessza:

LMFAO, you have no statistics to talk of but the reports of the kind of crimes reported there are super scary . Which other country in Africa has mainstream media showing people holding human heads daily ? . SA is the most visited country in the continent which should tell you that the crime rate is exaggerated, if it was that high , why would millions from developed safe countries flock here for vacations? They take taxis like the citizens and they don't need drivers or bodyguards as they do in lagos. Pregnant women can deliver their kids without fearing their babies will die as is the case in lagos. Police respond rapidly to a crime scene and don't have to be bribed to do their jobs.
I have seen American celebrities doing shopping in Sandton with no bodyguards around which just goes to show that the western bozos don't even believe the trash they spew when they say SA is the "crime capital of the world",hell they even walk around Soweto with no problem

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Lionessza(f): 8:14am On Oct 18, 2017
Jayceon:
I have seen American celebrities doing shopping in Sandton with no bodyguards around which just goes to show that the western bozos don't even believe the trash they spew when they say SA is the "crime capital of the world",hell they even walk around Soweto with no problem

Exactly! The likes of will smith own houses in south africa and shop in malls with locals with no bodyguards, and I have never heard them saying they are scared . The 2010 fifa world cup vindicated us , remember how we embarrassed the western haters and Nigerians? grin. All of them were left with an egg on their faces, people left praising SA and how safe they felt and what a great society we have, hence even today those people continue to visit the country yearly . Who is not scared of visiting lagos ? Even lagosians themselves can't wait to flee to any SA city grin. Have you noticed that the Nigerians who are fond of bad mouthing SA are the ones who have been declined visas or deportees grin. You can tell this by how bitter they sound grin. It's not our fault that their country is always on every bad list and we are always on the best lists cheesy, no amount of dragging us down can change the fact that they are fckd grin.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Chuksgeo: 8:35am On Oct 18, 2017
fvckme:
I can recount how I was raped in Lagos. Very bad experience
Sorry for such a psychological bad experience if not your name says otherwise
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 18, 2017
Lionessza:

Exactly! The likes of will smith own houses in south africa and shop in malls with locals with no bodyguards, and I have never heard them saying they are scared . The 2010 fifa world cup vindicated us , remember how we embarrassed the western haters and Nigerians? grin. All of them were left with an egg on their faces, people left praising SA and how safe they felt and what a great society we have, hence even today those people continue to visit the country yearly . Who is not scared of visiting lagos ? Even lagosians themselves can't wait to flee to any SA city grin. Have you noticed that the Nigerians who are fond of bad mouthing SA are the ones who have been declined visas or deportees grin. You can tell this by how bitter they sound grin. It's not our fault that their country is always on every bad list and we are always on the best lists cheesy, no amount of dragging us down can change the fact that they are fckd grin.
you speaketh the truth

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by darkhorizon: 10:06am On Oct 18, 2017
fvckme:

grin grin
I ask for ur solidarity?
No worry when ur sister get to be raped multiple times.. you go see wetin she go become.
Btw You F00L ooo for mentioning me

were you raped
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by LeSudAfricaine: 10:09am On Oct 18, 2017
I knew when I first saw this thread that it would degenarate into the usual Naija v RSA slugfest. If Lagos is shtty as they say leave us out of it please! Gosh! The obsession gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Lionessza(f): 10:11am On Oct 18, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
I knew when I first saw this thread that it would degenarate into the usual Naija v RSA slugfest. If Lagos is shtty as they say leave us out of it please! Gosh! The obsession gringrin

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by LeSudAfricaine: 10:16am On Oct 18, 2017
Lionessza:

grin grin grin
Honestly Lioness! We could be talking about outterspace Aliens but Nigerians will find a way to bring South Africa in it, yeye people, wetin concern us?gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Lionessza(f): 11:15am On Oct 18, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
Honestly Lioness! We could be talking about outterspace Aliens but Nigerians will find a way to bring South Africa in it, yeye people, wetin concern us?gringrin

LMFAO @ the bolded. The obsession with SA is getting scarier grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by LeSudAfricaine: 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
Lionessza:

[/b]

LMFAO @ the bolded. The obsession with SA is getting scarier grin
obsession is a form of admiration. Let's look at it that way gringrin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Lionessza(f): 1:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:

True grin grin
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 18, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
wow
You are also from South Africa grin grin
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by deomelo: 1:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
fvckme:
I can recount how I was raped in Lagos.
Very bad experience

.....but your username says fvckme./FUCKME
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by LeSudAfricaine: 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
giftq:
wow You are also from South Africa grin grin
Yes, but what's funny?
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
Yes, but what's funny?
Nothing, just very surprised.
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by LeSudAfricaine: 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
giftq:
Nothing, just very surprised.
suprised by?
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
suprised by?
same issue i raised with Lionessza (my sweetie): " I wonder how you manage with the so many discussions on Nairaland going in 1,000,000 different directions"
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by grandstar(m): 2:18am On Oct 20, 2017
tossie101:

Are u serious? undecided

Places like Fadeyi and Mile 2 are notoruous for rapes.
Re: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Megacity For Women by tossie101(f): 9:55am On Oct 20, 2017
grandstar:

Places like Fadeyi and Mile 2 are notoruous for rapes.

Jeez.. and police kno all these. Hm nawao.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Wins Tomorrow's Presidential Election In Nigeria? / Halima Ali Modu-sheriff Set To Wed (Photo) / Toyin Saraki Blast Police for Saying They Barricaded The Resident to Protect her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.