Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,220 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA (1857 Views)

Intels: NPA Explains Sack Of Atiku’s Company / APC Reacts To Termination Of Ibom Air Worker's Appointment Over Links With Party / Democracy Coalition Reacts To NPA Contract Termination Of Atiku's Intels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by erunz(m): 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
The house of representatives has resolved to set up an ad hoc committee to probe the termination of the contract between Integrated Logistics Services (Intels) by the federal government.

Last week, the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) voided the boats pilotage agreement it had with Intels.

Discussing the development on Wednesday, the lower legislative asked the government to return to “status quo” to avoid “injury” to the workers of the company.

The resolution by the house followed a motion sponsored by Diri Douye, a lawmaker from Bayelsa.

Moving the motion on the floor of the house, Douye expressed concern that over 7000 Nigerians work for Intels and terminating the contract would have negative effects.

The lawmaker said there is a need to ascertain the process of termination of contracts between Nigeria Ports Authority and Intels.

Contributing to the debate, Ekpo Attah, a lawmaker from Akwa Ibom, said the motion is important and “status quo” should be maintained.

“Intels employs a lot of people. I submit that this motion is very pertinent and Intels should be returned to status quo,” She said.

Opposing the motion, Rotimi Agunsoye, a lawmaker from Lagos, said Intels should go to court to seek redress.

He said the house had no business looking into the issue.

“If they have any problem with government they should go to court. The motion should not come here,” Agunsoye said.

Rita Orji, a lawmaker from Lagos, said there is the need to probe the matter to provide a fair and hear both sides.

“If you want to terminate a contract there are ways of going about it. I’m supporting the investigation – we are talking about 7,000 workers and we complain about unemployment,” Orji said.

“Do we have a Nigerian company that is ready to take over what Intels is doing. We should hear both sides so that there be fair hearing on both sides.”

The motion was adopted by the house after Yakubu Dogara, the speaker, put the motion to a voice vote.

The committee is expected submit its report in two weeks.

1 Like

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by iyblaq(m): 2:00pm On Oct 18, 2017
Source!
Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by erunz(m): 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by biacan(f): 2:08pm On Oct 18, 2017
They should prob themselves instead

1 Like

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by slimghost(m): 2:09pm On Oct 18, 2017
This useless government can't create jobs and yet it wants to render 7,000 people jobless because of witch hunting.

It shall not be well with anybody that voted for this useless government.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by aolawale025: 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2017
Am with the Reps on this! Contract is contract. If this matter gets to international arbitration intels has a bigger chance of prevailing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by Hofbrauhaus(m): 2:14pm On Oct 18, 2017
I laff
Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by Throwback: 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
I am happy the same people that used to condemn Atiku for his ownership of Intels and the domination of the ports, are the same ones championing his defence.

If Atiku has been wronged let him go to court.

No company is too strategic to be above the laws of Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by DozieInc(m): 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2017
The same Govt that promised to create 3m job for Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
Impeachment looms
Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by Oloripelebe: 2:40pm On Oct 18, 2017
grin grin grin grin

The d ullard inho wants people to be jobless again

U can't give what u don't have undecided undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by Clerverly: 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
Exercise in futility! These Useless Reps, dont know where their functions stop! They want to do their legilooting and at the same time the works of the executive!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2017
grin
Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by fyneguy: 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2017
7,000 people piloted ships for Intel? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by bkool7(m): 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
aolawale025:
Am with the Reps on this! Contract is contract. If this matter gets to international arbitration intels has a bigger chance of prevailing

What if the contract has a termination clause ?

The best place to address this is the Industrial Court

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by bkool7(m): 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
Another man's doom is another man's boom

If Intel is going to lose staff I'm sure the new contractors will employ staff too
If there's is a clause in the terminated contract Intel should simply go to court to seek redress

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by freshboi88: 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
All these politicians no just get sense....let d rep go and uphold d status quo now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by aolawale025: 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2017
bkool7:

What if the contract has a termination clause ?

The best place to address this is the Industrial Court

Every standard contract has a termination clause. And that's what NPA should have triggered not to resort to self help via the AGF

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by SalamRushdie: 5:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
Throwback:
I am happy the same people that used to condemn Atiku for his ownership of Intels and the domination of the ports, are the same ones championing his defence.

The only person behaving above the law in this case is Buhari because Intel hasn't broken any single law to warrant an breach but I am not surprised that as a sadist you don't know
Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by Throwback: 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:

The only person behaving above the law in this case is Buhari because Intel hasn't broken any single law to warrant an breach but I am not surprised that as a sadist you don't know

Like I already said, I am happy the same people who never tire to remind us of how Atiku has taken over the ports, are the same one choking on their vomit.

If Intels feels the federal government breached the contract entered with it, they should go to court. If there are requirements and regulations they refused to comply with, now they know that no one or firm is indispensable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by SalamRushdie: 6:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
Throwback:

Like I already said, I am happy the same people who never tire to remind us of how Atiku has taken over the ports, are the same one choking on their vomit.

If Intels feels the federal government breached the contract entered with it, they should go to court. If there are requirements and regulations they refused to comply with, now they know that no one or firm is indispensable.

It is purely a political witch hunt so let's not waste our thoughts..this is not the first time Intel is getting into a political situation courtesy the co founder Atiku , the last time was with Abacha but Abacha handled the political witch hunt with much more class than the Dillard we now have as President..I will advise Buhari to go back and study how Abacha handled Intels when he needed to cut funding to The Musa Yaradua political group
Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by Atiku2019: 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
wink
Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by NwaAmaikpe: 7:44am On Oct 19, 2017
shocked

For once, I'm starting to believe Buhari really has the good of this country at heart.

He has crippled Intel
Now he is stifling Oando,

That is his own way of ensuring this country is not ruled by people more corrupt and duller than he is.

Tinubu is not an option
Atiku is a NO for me,
And should be a NO for you too if we must not return to Egypt.

The real solution to our leadership lacuna is the elimination of zoning.
Nigeria does not belong to North, East or West...it belongs to Nigerians.

We have suffered so much, zoning eliminates the best possible options.
Our Messiah might be an Ndifreke from Eket, but we lose that opportunity for life because it's been zoned to an Adamu.

Say no to Zoning.
Only then can leaders truly emerge...while we are at it, all hands must be on deck to push out the dullard in 2019.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by ChangetheChange: 8:02am On Oct 19, 2017
grin grin grin

Buhari is a bastard

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by MaziOmenuko: 8:04am On Oct 19, 2017
Reps again? Are these guys so jobless that they now pry on matters unrelating to them? They are the same people giving instructions to banks to unfreeze PEJ accounts after EFCC had done their constitutionally duty of freezing it. Why do we even have two legislative chambers in this country? Can't we just have 1 house of assembly so that these jobless people can go and farm?

If Intels feel shortchanged, let them head to the court to get a redress. They initially felt above the law by refusing to adhere to presidential instruction on single treasury account. Big banks had been sanctioned by the cbn for this same offence. No company is above the law. If they can't function within the laws of the country, they can go to Italy and flount their laws.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by Nbote(m): 8:06am On Oct 19, 2017
Clerverly:
Exercise in futility! These Useless Reps, dont know where their functions stop! They want to do their legilooting and at the same time the works of the executive!

Can u ever make a reasonable comment without throwing tantrums as usual? Oh I forgot U probably don't know what reasonable means.

Throwback:

D problem isn't about intels going to court.. We all know how well d govt does in delaying and frustrating court cases and it's abuse for d rule of law.. I'm with d lawmakers on dis. There are legal and tactically ways d govt could have gone about it without its flagrant abuse of power. This is merely a poorly planned witch hunt
Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by MaziOmenuko: 8:13am On Oct 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Intels breached the single treasury account instruction. The NPA boss warned and threatened them but they felt above the law becuase their co-chairman was an APC chieftain. The PDP government would have tolerated them but not this govt. Nobody is above the law. Breaching the instruction was a force majeure in which the contract was terminated.

But then, I suspect you already know it but would rather prefer playing the ostritch so as to make your point which you have been shouting all over the forum of late.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:

It is purely a political witch hunt so let's not waste our thoughts..this is not the first time Intel is getting into a political situation courtesy the co founder Atiku , the last time was with Abacha but Abacha handled the political witch hunt with much more class than the Dillard we now have as President..I will advise Buhari to go back and study how Abacha handled Intels when he needed to cut funding to The Musa Yaradua political group
you have interest in Atiku or you decided to turn your blind eye to what intels did before it was sanctioned

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by SalamRushdie: 8:31am On Oct 19, 2017
bamidelee:

you have interest in Atiku or you decided to turn your blind eye to what intels did before it was sanctioned

What exactly did Intel do ? Please respond so we can discuss this in-depth when I close for the day
Re: Reps Ask FG To Reverse Termination Of Intels Agreement With NPA by GavelSlam: 9:08am On Oct 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Stop quoting Abacha.

Abacha was widely considered and condemned as a corrupt leader.

You cannot begin to use the same individual as the yardstick for measuring course of action.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: I’ll Appoint More Ministers Soon – Buhari / Please Tone To AIT And Hear Fayose Out / More Apc Members To Die Cos Of Gov.fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.