Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace (56626 Views)

Kazaure Gudaji Amazed At Dino Melaye's Car During Visit (Photos) / El-Rufai Squats To Welcome President Buhari In Kaduna (Photos) / Corpses Litter In Taraba As Joseph Albasu Alkinjo kunini Weeps During Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by meforyou1(m): 7:07am On Oct 22, 2017
life2017:
The Onitcha chiefs dresses like benin chiefs. This is a clear proof that Onitsha is from Benin.
I noticed the dressing part. But don't agree with your theory of migration
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by meforyou1(m): 7:18am On Oct 22, 2017
darkhorizon:

Don't distort History, the Yorubas migrated from the Middle-East. And the ruling dynasty in Benin is an off-shoot of a Yoruba Prince, then King, Oranmiyan.

Moreover, the Yoruba language was the Official Palace language of the Benin Empire till the early 1900's
how do u know that? U guys have started lying again

1 Like

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by valirex: 7:31am On Oct 22, 2017
Amarabae:
why are you guys so desperate to force benin identity on onitsha?
Its now begging to appear funny, lols,
the children of Ezechime, an Igbo man who returned from benin where he was an immigrant are and will never be bini,
yes benin may have influced them a little bit,
that chinedu lived in ibadan for many years and then returned back to owerri does not make him a yoruba man,
chinedu's descendants remain Igbo.
enjoy this thread and stop derailing it,
go and develop edo state and remove your eyes from Onitsha city.

Three things am gonna correct about your comment are;

1. Bini set up the monarchy in present day onitsha
#ReadYourHistoryBooksWell

2. Bini is far more developed than onitsha
#Don'tConcludeUntilYouHaveBeenThere

3. And what makes you think Bini want to force themselves on others, if Binis wanted that they could have forced their language and culture on the west when they conquered the west
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by meforyou1(m): 7:35am On Oct 22, 2017
valirex:

Three things am gonna correct about your comment are;

1. Bini set up the monarchy in present day onitsha
#ReadYourHistoryBooksWell

2. Bini is far more developed than onitsha
#Don'tConcludeUntilYouHaveBeenThere

3. And what makes you think Bini want to force themselves on others, if Binis wanted that they could have forced their language and culture on the west when they conquered the west
let me correct your correction.
For 1, expatiate.
No 2 is an obvious lie. I have been to Benin and I have been to Onitsha. Onitsha is more developed than Benin by a thousand poles

5 Likes

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by sbashir10(m): 7:38am On Oct 22, 2017
Long live the chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria igwe Alfred

1 Like

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by jefcee: 7:40am On Oct 22, 2017
Casteilla Private Limited

How to get your books published, promoted and translated?
Casteilla.in:
The best website to publish your e-book is Casteilla.in, because along with e-publishing, you can also get free social media marketing and affordable translation for your e-books. Through Casteilla® You could publish your e-book in numerous e-publishing websites in a go. They have partnered with several international and national e-publishers, along with their own e-book store(work in progress). Following are the things that you have to do:
Publishing:
1. Get your manuscript ready in word or PDF format
2. Make sure you have the right to publish the book and there is no one else who would claim rights for the same
3. Contents of your book should not be present anywhere else in the internet and your books should pass plagiarism check
4. Send your manuscript to books@casteilla.in. Your manuscript will be checked for the above criteria and then be published in several international and Indian websites along with their own e-book store. Your book will be published with “Print on Demand” in websites that allow this option.
5. Once the checking process is done, you will receive a mail asking for some basic details and banking details for crediting your royalties for every book sold. Fill those details and reply back.
6. Once a copy of your book gets sold, it would be updated and 70% of the royalty amount received from other websites and 90% of the amount at which your book is sold in Casteilla book store would be credited to you every month.
Promotion:
1. All your e-books will be promoted in social media for free. If you require more advertisement through blogs or newspaper advertisements, mention “E-book promotion details” in the subject line and send an email to with your message to books@casteilla.in . You would get assistance on the payment details for such promotions. Make the necessary payment and publish your advertisements.
Translation:
1. Casteilla® provides one of the most affordable translation services for e-books. If you need to get your e-books translated, send a small sample of 100 words to books@casteilla.in and mention “E-book translation details” in the subject line. Once the translators send their sample translation, you could check the quality of their translation. Once if you are satisfied with the sample, you have to pay half the charges required for translating the book to Casteilla Private Limited (Through electronic bank transfer for Indian languages, and paypal for foreign language translations). You could pay the remaining amount after translation of the book is completed and you have checked the file for possible errors. Once you get the completed translation you could pay the remaining amount.
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by valirex: 7:40am On Oct 22, 2017
meforyou1:
For 1, expatiate.
No 2 is an obvious lie. I have been to Benin and I have been to Onitsha. Onitsha is more developed than Benin by a thousand poles

Mr. Corrector of correction if you read properly you would have read where I said read your history books properly, you expect me to type an entire history book here? undecided
#ReadBeforeTyping
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by Almaiga: 7:43am On Oct 22, 2017
life2017:
The Onitcha chiefs dresses like benin chiefs. This is a clear proof that Onitsha is from Benin.

Your right, Benin are waiting for the right timing to reclaim their land.
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by Kendrick80(m): 7:54am On Oct 22, 2017
So many armed personnel
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by Bullhari007(m): 8:00am On Oct 22, 2017
this people should understand that going to Achebe palace will not make them to win, Igbo's are wiser than those mallams that only do what the emirs and imans ordered them, Achebe is a Royal father but he is just like ordinary man in Igbo land he does not speak or represent the minds of Anambra people, his influence stands for only one vote. Election boycott in progress

1 Like

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by mu2sa2: 8:01am On Oct 22, 2017
venai:
That one na politics. He did the same thing to El-zakyzaky but later destroyed him after using his influence to gather shiite muslims votes. Apc will fail in Anambra state. Obiano will rather be re-elected than blood-thirsty apc rulling Anambra state.
The Shia issue is complex. Those guys don't recognize Nigerian authorities and don't even register to vote. El-Rufai visited their leader to commiserate with him over the killing of 3 of his sons by the security forces, but political opponents insinuated that he went to win his political support!
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by thedondada(m): 8:19am On Oct 22, 2017
Spylord48:
Lol see how Rochas is sitting like a moulded Buddha sculpture.
This man is a clown eh

U be goat I swear. See as i go back look the picture wan choke. Lol.
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by Spylord48: 8:20am On Oct 22, 2017
thedondada:

U be goat I swear. See as i go back look the picture wan choke. Lol.
hahahaha but it is true Na...that exactly how Buddha pic is.

1 Like

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by Decryptor(m): 9:16am On Oct 22, 2017
I swear...many northerners will not like that first picture grin grin
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by Rahym001(m): 9:34am On Oct 22, 2017
juman:
El rufai is a devil.
yes the devil in human form
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by degamemaster(m): 10:00am On Oct 22, 2017
Fake respect and eye service. But believe me, these people are all united I one secret cult.
Useless people .
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by degamemaster(m): 10:03am On Oct 22, 2017
Almaiga:

Land grabbers , una don land here with una false claims?

2 Likes

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by mechanics(m): 10:27am On Oct 22, 2017
A sign of respect.
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by Nebuzaradan: 10:42am On Oct 22, 2017
gozzlin:

M_a grin

He was my class mate in St Charley.
shiiiiiii lipsrsealed cheesy

your class mate?
wow that's cool
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by samuk: 10:52am On Oct 22, 2017
meforyou1:
For 1, expatiate.

Somebody already told you the meaning of Agbogidi in Benin, you are still asking questions. The title of Olu of Warri Ogiamen (ruler of the water..sea, ocean, river etc) is also a Benin word. The title of Obi of Agbor "Dien" is also a Benin word meaning senior amongst equals. A lot of these monarchs have identical chieftaincy titles as Benin. If you want to know more about Benin Onitsha connection read Nnamdi Azikiwe autobiography.
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by samuk: 11:01am On Oct 22, 2017
Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Genealogy and Nativity

Bookmark and Share
"Thus, in tracing my paternal lineage, I could say that both parents of my father are direct descendants of Eze Chima. As for me, I can trace my paternal ancestry in this wise: I am the first son of Chukwuemeka, who was the third child and first son of Azikiwe, who was the second son of Molokwu, who was the third son of Ozomaocha, who was the second son of Inosi Onira, who was the fourth son of Dei, the second son of Eze Chima, the founder of Onitsha." SOURCE - Nnamdi A zikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" p4 "I can trace my maternal ancestry thus: I am the first son of Nwanonaku Rachel Chinwe Ogbenyeanu (Aghadiuno)Azikiwe, who was third daughter of Aghadiuno Ajie, the fifth son of Onowu Agbani, first daughter of Obi Udokwu, the son who descended from five Kings of Onitsha. Five of these rulers of Onitsha were direct lineal descendants of Eze Chima, who led his warrior adventurers when they left Benin to establish the Onitsha city state in about 1748 AD." SOURCE - Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" p5 "One day I asked her (grandmother) the meaning of the word 'Onitsha'. She explained that it had historical significance. The terminology meant one who despised another. It is a contraction of two words, Onini to despise, and Ncha meaning others. So that the two words when joined together mean one who despises others. Then I asked her why we despised others. She patted me on the back and told me that it was due to our aristocratic background and tradition. I insisted that she should explain to me the basis of this supercilious social attitude. She told me that we despised others because we descended from the Royal House of Benin and so regarded ourselves as the superiors of other tribes who had no royal blood in their veins....." "I continued to belabor my grandmother to tell me more of the history and origins of the Onitsha people. She narrated that many many years ago, there lived at Idu (Benin) a great Oba who had many children. Due to a power struggle regarding the right of precedence among princes of the blood and other altercations, there was a civil war in Benin. One day, the supporters of one of the princes insulted and assaulted Queen Asije, the mother of of the Oba of Benin, who was accused of having trespassed on their farmland. Enraged at this evidence of indiscipline and lawlessness, the Oba ordered his war chief and brother, Gbunwala Asije to apprehend and punish the insurgents. In the attempt to penalise them, Chima, the ultimate founder of the Onitsha city-state, a prince of the blood in his own right, led the recalcitrants against his Uncle, Gbunwala. This intensified the civil war which rent the kingdom of Benin in two and led to the founding of Onitsha Ado N'Idu....... ..." "As the great trek from Benin progressed, some did not have the stout heart of the pioneer-warrior, and decided to settle at different places, known today as Onitsha -Ugbo, Onitsha-Olona, Onitsha-Mili, Obior, Issele Ukwu, Ossomari, Aboh, etc..." SOURCE - Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by shallysgirl: 11:06am On Oct 22, 2017
OK, good to know.
Nebuzaradan:
ok no problem
he's the current onitsha north lga chairman

1 Like

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by guvna(m): 11:18am On Oct 22, 2017
Amarabae:
why are you guys so desperate to force benin identity on onitsha?
Its now begging to appear funny, lols,
the children of Ezechime, an Igbo man who returned from benin where he was an immigrant are and will never be bini,
yes benin may have influced them a little bit,
that chinedu lived in ibadan for many years and then returned back to owerri does not make him a yoruba man,
chinedu's descendants remain Igbo.
enjoy this thread and stop derailing it,
go and develop edo state and remove your eyes from Onitsha city.

Nah wah oh! We are all Nigerians at the end of the day, there may be historic fact be behind the claim and there may Not Be. It doesn't matter!! Think ahead and make yourself and your community great.

One
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by tsdarkside(m): 12:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
who says hausa fulani dont respect igbos??...the difference is,they know who your true leaders are....but you dont......

you were even ready to place a halfcast over your king....that was a hugh insult....
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by dreamworld: 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
darkhorizon:

Don't distort History, the Yorubas migrated from the Middle-East. And the ruling dynasty in Benin is an off-shoot of a Yoruba Prince, then King, Oranmiyan.

Moreover, the Yoruba language was the Official Palace language of the Benin Empire till the early 1900's
Fabricate history to please ur aass, so yorubas didnt fall from heaven after committing crime and mining skull in heaven grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by EdoNation(f): 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
[[s]quote author=darkhorizon post=61653294]

I have noticed that people of Benin descent on this forum are quite arrogant, coupled with ignorance when talking about the History of their people. Young woman, Oduduwa is not from Benin.

The Benin even claim the Yoruba language was/is theirs, these are incorrect, coupled with a lot of exaggeration passing on as History from the Benin.

And do your research well, Yoruba language was the official palace language of Benin. Oba Akenzua changed this in the 1930's.

And if you want to reply me next time, please do so politely.[/quote][/s]

Get ur smelling lying mouth out of here , wat stupid language ..... U ppl are just lost , if u ppl dnt lie in a day can't u breathe .... Gosh

1 Like

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by meforyou1(m): 2:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
Almaiga:

comedy. I know Benin people shaa, they are not stupid.
Benin can't even claim warri not to talk of onitsha
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by jevic(m): 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
And so?
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by bewla(m): 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
IamPatriotic:
Food for thought
this man sort oo in Yoruba man voice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Muhammadu Buhari Operating An Apple Laptop / The Most Underrated State In Nigeria Goes To Who? / FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.