Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (62791 Views)

Nigerian Pentecostals Believe That A Pastor Must Have A Spiritual Father / " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by sorepco(m): 8:29am On Oct 23, 2017
We honour mary.we do not worship her
Chexk ur dictionary

crazygod:
When u start worshipping Mary and praying to her, I think bible considers that as idolatry
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by spacohill3(m): 8:30am On Oct 23, 2017
Pastors worshippers are saying that Catholics worship Mary, you wear your pastor's picture for protection yet the Mother Of God deserves no Honor. Elizabeth was filled with Holy Spirit just by hearing her greeting alone.
People shiver with encounters with Angels but the Mighty Angel Gabriel humbles in her presence!

Please celebrate GRACE ON BLESSED MOTHER and Grace will locate you(honour and not worship).
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by monex(m): 8:34am On Oct 23, 2017
Sanchez01:
I taught in a Catholic school during my service year and one funny thing happened while I was supervising a particular class during examination. Without informing/regard, the entire class rose like programmed robots to chant something. Interestingly, their action was triggered by the sound of some distant clock strikes.

lol that was the angelus

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by blackbriar: 8:34am On Oct 23, 2017
ireneidiva:

Are you kidding me?
no , i ask question
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Proffdada: 8:34am On Oct 23, 2017
PastorAIO:

So when you give birth to a child the sin of Adam is multiplied. What about the other sin offerings before?

What about Jesus? Did he have sins of Adam on his head?

why do you think Jesus came as a man not a spirit? To end the sins of adam which is inherited. To give life which was lost after adam ate the fruit or what are you thinking? What is the essence of His sacrifice?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:35am On Oct 23, 2017
DeYoungJoe:

What abt the image of snake that saved israelites from dying of snake bite?

Is that the evidence for them to start bowing, genuflecting and kneeling for images?

Deut. 5 vs 8 "You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

Exo. 20: 4 "You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

And what does "Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you,....Hail Mary, mother of God Pray for us sinners now and the hour of our death" and others that are chanted on the rosary mean?

And all the "Saint so and so" pray for us....
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by blackbriar: 8:35am On Oct 23, 2017
ireneidiva:

Nah. i can't have this discussion abeg.

no abeg you can afford to have this discussion, a mans honour is in question here.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by blackbriar: 8:36am On Oct 23, 2017
analice107:

First, Catholicism is a distinct religion just like islam. It's out look appears like it's a Christian church, but, it's not, as 80% of her doctrines are opposed to the Scriptures of the Christian faith.

you have brought your lies here again....pls itemise 80 percent of those doctrines
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by PastorAIO: 8:37am On Oct 23, 2017
Proffdada:
why do you think Jesus came as a man not a spirit? To end the sins of adam which is inherited. To give life which was lost after adam ate the fruit or what are you thinking? What is the essence of His sacrifice?

You have a funny way of completely ducking a question and writing extensive nonsense instead.

The same way Mary has sin of Adam it follows that jesus must have sin of Adam too.

Obviously.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by monex(m): 8:38am On Oct 23, 2017
Sanchez01:

SOME. Those who have their brains formatted and are lazy to read would forever end up believing Pastors rather than God and His Word.

For the Catholic community, it is worse, doctrine is Unscriptural as well as its teachings. Is there a Catholic 'church' that teaches one should pray to God in Jesus' Name rather than go through Mary?

you are quite right in what you consider as differences.

Doctrine of "Communion with Saints) / "Intercession of Saints"
Purgatory

the Mary one however is usually not true as the Church considers worship of Mary (Mariolatory) to be a very grave sin
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by nokingasgod: 8:38am On Oct 23, 2017
I believe we all have access to God and do not need intercession by another mortal dead or alive because such mortals are in themselves saddled with their own crosses and can hardly to assist in carrying yours. We all are going to stand alone before God in judgement. Popes, Bishops, G.Os, Imams etc, to each man, his cross. There are no two ways about it.

But if I have to choose between the two, I'd chose to be a Catholic where I know my little monetary contributions which I offered without compulsion and or blackmail will be channeled to further good humanitarian courses which the Catholic Church is known for over the years. Courses like education, healthcare etc. These are Goldly, Biblical and morally upright courses.

I can't imagine myself in a church where I will be blackmailed into dropping more money than I could afford, where my insufficies of mundane things like money etc are made to be staring me in the face every now and then as if I'm a descendant of Judas, where moneybags are given preferential treatment without concern for the sources of such money, where the man on the pulpit and his family are the ''first family'', living in opulence and the rest of us remained cowered under them all in the name of the so called anointing which I know should be made available to all. Where the economy of the man of God grows astronomically and that of the members dwindles astronomically. Where the church in words, deeds and actions belong to one man who is the only ''anointed'' in the party and the rest will forever will remain striving for that annointing.....

Most pentecostal churches I know, if not all, are nothing but SPIRITUAL FRAUD!
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Proffdada: 8:38am On Oct 23, 2017
SalC:

Well it depends on what you mean, if you are asking if Mary existed before Jesus on earth, the answer is yes. But if you are referring to Jesus' spiritual existence as God, I would say no. But the thing here is, from the day this God took flesh and dwelt among men, he chose a mother and that mother is Mary. So except you will argue that Jesus wasn't God when he was in Mary's womb, which by implication means that at some point Jesus lost his divinity, then you can't argue against Mary being the Mother of God.
who was in heaven when Jesus was on earth?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by blackbriar: 8:39am On Oct 23, 2017
analice107:

And paying money to the Pope for our dead loved ones in purgatory to be allowed into heaven. Also, paying money for our sins to be forgiven.

There's alot of things people pay money for in Catholic church, but they cover those up and project tithes paid my pentecostal churches as tho it's a sin.

At least we see Tithing in the Bible, where can we fine Absolution in the Bible?

Paying money or booking mass which one cos i am confused.
confession is free, anytime ,anywhere......just with this magical words....."father hear my confession" the priest will simply live anything else he his doing.
PURGATORY is not for damned souls(thats hell), it is for saved souls which still need cleansing before beholding Gods glory.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by blackbriar: 8:40am On Oct 23, 2017
Tellemall:

But were the Catholics instructed to make images of Mary and Jesus by God as Moses was?

That was a symbolic commandment from God. Study your Bible more to see the link with That and the New testament.

but same God asked for the ark of the convenant to be made and for images of palm trees to adorned the temple
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by PaddyX: 8:41am On Oct 23, 2017
thorpido:
There's no scriptural background in the bible that says Mary can answer or make supplications in prayer.The Bible made it clear you pray to God in the Name of Jesus.
There's nothing like mother of God.God has no mother. No scripture in the bible backs that up.Mary was the mother of Jesus the man while He was on the earth.
But Jesus is God, isn't he. There is no separation of God and man in Jesus because he is fully man and fully God.
Luke 1 vs 43 spells it out clearly when Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit said
Why should the mother of my LORD come to visit me.
If the Holy Spirit, speaking through Elizabeth can say this, then who are you to say that Mary is not he mother of God?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by mccoyelectric: 8:42am On Oct 23, 2017
Let me say my own.... Most of these Catholics claim to know god... And pray to holy mother Mary as they claim... Yet wen one thing happens to them on their leg they don't go to father they call it a poison so they go to one native doctor in their villa... U see even Christ embassy members can Neva take their problem to a native doctor they will present it to the god they worship... Secondly all the blood money guys are knights in d Catholic church because of their big donations.... Y can an occultic man stay in mfm, or redeem... Because the fire is there... So to me Catholic churches has no fire burning in dem anymore... Bible say light n darkness v nothing in common
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Proffdada: 8:42am On Oct 23, 2017
PastorAIO:

You have a funny way of completely ducking a question and writing extensive nonsense instead.

The same way Mary has sin of Adam it follows that jesus must have sin of Adam too.

Obviously.
if i answer you without explaining you'll be confused
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Joemetry(m): 8:44am On Oct 23, 2017
Let's start here:

you can read the entire book of Ezra too, it has good information regarding confession.

though a whole lot of other books have too...

Question #1. Why do Catholics believe that they need to confess their sins to a priest rather than just pray over it?
A: We Catholics confess to a priest for a few reasons--. I will start with Scripture and say that in John 20:21-23- Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you."
And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained."
Jesus is commissioning his Apostles to continue His work. He is giving them authority to mediate between God and humankind. The Latin phrase "In Persona Christi" translates to "In the person of Christ". Therefore, the priests are acting through Christ. They are not another Christ, but they are doing what was instructed of the Apostles by Jesus Christ before His Ascension into Heaven.
The Apostles being the first priests of the Church, passed this on to the priests throughout time. While the forgiveness of sins comes fully from the sacrifice of Jesus at Calvary, confession to a priest is important because we are asking Jesus directly, through the priest, who is in Persona Christi, and mediating between us and the Lord.
-- Humility is another strong reason to go Confession with the Catholic priest. I know as a Catholic, that my Confession is between me and God, but having the priest there, hearing me and responding and advising, just as Jesus would do, makes the Confession so much more spiritually deep. Not only am I face to face, but I am embarrassed and I am ashamed. It is in this moment of total humility and penitence, that I can open my heart and soul to the Lord Jesus Christ and all my sin is wiped clean. This overwhelming feeling of purity and closeness to God, leads me to receive Sacramental Grace.
-- Sacramental Grace is the grace that is bestowed upon someone who is receiving a particular Sacrament. It is a sanctifying grace in which a person becomes closer to God by fully accepting, with a pure heart, the divinity of the Sacrament. The Sacraments are "Instituted by Christ" and that is why when we receive our Sacraments in a devout and honest way, there is a grace that is bestowed on us that is distinctly "sacramental" . The sacramental grace that is given during the Sacrament of Reconciliation is a protection against sin. It is there to erase sin and help to resist the occasion of sin.
So, Catholics confess to a priest because of the Sacrament of Reconciliation which was one of seven Sacraments that Jesus Christ instructed the Church to provide for His followers.
This is referenced in this Scripture passage:
John 20:21-23- Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you." And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, " Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained."
Jesus is asking His apostles to take up where he left off. He is asking this after being Resurrected from the dead. Also, it is stated here that the Apostles are to hear and discern what is a sin worthy of forgiveness. We are only going to be forgiven if we are truly penitent and sorry. He is wanting the intercession of the Apostles (i.e. first priest of the Church) acting through Christ.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Kenerd: 8:46am On Oct 23, 2017
Kenerd:
2nd set:1. For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
2. Thou shalt make theeno molten gods.
3. The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep.
4. All that openeth the matrix is mine; and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male.
5. Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventhday thou shalt rest: in earing time and in harvest thou shalt rest.
6. And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the first fruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end.7. Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the LORD God, the God of Israel.
8. Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the feast of the Passover be left until the morning.
9. The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God.
10. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.
Exodus 34.
I already did rhektor.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by thorpido(m): 8:47am On Oct 23, 2017
gemale:

Mary interceded at the wedding at Cana, Galilee & Jesus obeyed even though it wasn't His time. What I noticed was that even when Jesus stated that it wasn't His time, Mary knew that He would help hence she told the servants to do whatever Jesus told them. She knew who Jesus was & long believed in Him without asking for signs & wonders to convince her. The catholic church doesn't teach that Mary answers prayers; God does. She only intercedes (similar to what pentecostals call standing in the gap). I'm catholic & never have i heard us say "in Mary's name we pray". We pray in Jesus name or "through Jesus Christ our Lord". Finally John 1:1 says "in the beginning was the word & the word was with God & the word was God" verse 14 says "& the word was made flesh (became man) & dwelt among us". The word that was God became man. Who was that man? Jesus Christ. Who was His mother? Mary. The only way you can have issues with that is if you say Jesus isn't God. In the apostles' Creed we recite in every mass, we affirm our belief in Jesus Christ "true God & true man". Take some advice. Learn to be humble in knowledge. You don't know it all. The books of proverbs says to get understanding in all your getting. The problem a lot of pentecostals have is that they read the surface & think that is all. No, in depth study & research is needed most times by numerous individuals. That's why the field of theology exists. Yes the Holy Spirit gives revelations but an ill prepared mind might misinterpret the revelation. Regular mastication & chewing the cud of the word is needed. Grow more chambers in your spiritual stomach instead of just being monogastric.
Refuse to be ignorant!
When Mary dwelth on the earth,she played the role of Jesus'(the man) mother and could physically relate with Him and intercede or advise as it were.Jesus has been called to glory and Mary also dead.In heaven,it's a different ball game.
Jesus taught about heavenly order when some Sadducees came asking Him about marriage in heaven.See below;

Then the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 19 “Teacher,, “Moses wrote for us that if a man’s brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and raise up offspring for his brother. 20 Now there were seven brothers. The first one married and died without leaving any children. 21 The second one married the widow, but he also died, leaving no child. It was the same with the third. 22 In fact, none of the seven left any children. Last of all, the woman died too. 23 At the resurrection[c] whose wife will she be, since the seven were married to her?”

24 Jesus replied, “Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God? 25 When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 26 Now about the dead rising—have you not read in the Book of Moses, in the account of the burning bush, how God said to him, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[d]? 27 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!”
Mark 12 vs 18-27

Take note of the part in bold.People in heaven do not play roles of wives or husbands.Similarly,they do not play roles of mothers or sons.
Mary plays NO ROLE of mother to Jesus in Heaven.Like you said,'get understanding' according to the book of Proverbs.
Quit emotions,sentiments or outright ignorance and embrace Scriptures!Don't be like Muslims who think of wives and virgins in heaven.It's a different order in heaven.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nosikebit(m): 8:49am On Oct 23, 2017
Proffdada:
i guess you don't know the history of catholics. The catholics robbed the world of the gospel for many centuries forbidding the bible and killing those who possess copies. They also kill anyone who doesn't agree with their twisted and manipulative doctrines (heresy) which the muslims are emulating now.
what do you know? The catholic birthed other dominations, so ask ur dull self if not for catholics dont u think u would hv been a muslim or pegan
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 8:49am On Oct 23, 2017
ashawopikin:
check bible

Thus is dumb....pls show me and I'll show u plenty other places immersion was not used
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by tete7000(m): 8:51am On Oct 23, 2017
femi4:
While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said: set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them... So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia ... to Cyprus" (Acts 13:2-4). These missionaries (Apostles) as a first church planting team were sent out by the Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit used them to "make disciples" and to "plant churches" in different towns (Acts 13:52; 14:22).

They planted as part of an existing church, not as individual free enterprise.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by analice107: 8:52am On Oct 23, 2017
blackbriar:

Paying money or booking mass which one cos i am confused.
confession is free, anytime ,anywhere......just with this magical words....."father hear my confession" the priest will simply live anything else he his doing.
PURGATORY is not for damned souls(thats hell), it is for saved souls which still need cleansing before beholding Gods glory.
Paying money for guys in purgatory to enter heaven.

And i had to really research and find out where the Catholic Church got that doctrine from, I saw it. I'm sure you don't even know it's origin but you go on propagating it.

We need to investigate our doctrines else we'll be worshiping satan in disguise.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Proffdada: 8:52am On Oct 23, 2017
PaddyX:

But Jesus is God, isn't he. There is no separation of God and man in Jesus because he is fully man and fully God.
Luke 1 vs 43 spells it out clearly when Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit said
Why should the mother of my LORD come to visit me.
If the Holy Spirit, speaking through Elizabeth can say this, then who are you to say that Mary is not he mother of God?
who was on the throne in heaven when Jesus was on earth? If Jesus is God why does He have to sit on the right hand side of God? Where in the Bible Jesus called Himself God? Why did God call Jesus His begotten Son? Support you claim with bible evidence and not what you think.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by PastorAIO: 8:53am On Oct 23, 2017
Proffdada:
if i answer you without explaining you'll be confused

I didn't say you shouldn't explain, all I ask is that you answer the question.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 8:53am On Oct 23, 2017
thorpido:
Refuse to be ignorant!
When Mary dwelth on the earth,she played the role of Jesus'(the man) mother and could physically relate with Him and intercede or advise as it were.Jesus has been called to glory and Mary also dead.In heaven,it's a different ball game.
Jesus taught about heavenly order when some Sadducees came asking Him about marriage in heaven.See below;

Then the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 19 “Teacher,, “Moses wrote for us that if a man’s brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and raise up offspring for his brother. 20 Now there were seven brothers. The first one married and died without leaving any children. 21 The second one married the widow, but he also died, leaving no child. It was the same with the third. 22 In fact, none of the seven left any children. Last of all, the woman died too. 23 At the resurrection[c] whose wife will she be, since the seven were married to her?”

24 Jesus replied, “Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God? 25 When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 26 Now about the dead rising—have you not read in the Book of Moses, in the account of the burning bush, how God said to him, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[d]? 27 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!”

Take note of the part in bold.People in heaven do not play roles of wives or husbands.Similarly,they do not play roles of mothers or sons.
Mary plays NO ROLE of mother to Jesus in Heaven.
Quit emotions,sentiments or outright ignorance a d embrace Scriptures!

Your ignorance is legendary...First u say God refers to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as living and yet u refer to Mary as dead....can u reconcile this
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by analice107: 8:54am On Oct 23, 2017
blackbriar:

you have brought your lies here again....pls itemise 80 percent of those doctrines
You are quick to call people names even when you are in the wrong.

What in Catholicism is Biblical? Is it the mentioning of the name Jesus or what? Olumba mentions Jesus, but we know it's a charade.

Catholicism is a distinct religion and not Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by pahzz(m): 8:55am On Oct 23, 2017
Sanchez01:

SOME. Those who have their brains formatted and are lazy to read would forever end up believing Pastors rather than God and His Word.

For the Catholic community, it is worse, doctrine is Unscriptural as well as its teachings. Is there a Catholic 'church' that teaches one should pray to God in Jesus' Name rather than go through Mary?
Have you ever heard a catholic say "In Mary's name we pray", I doubt. It's always "In Jesus name we pray".
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Proffdada: 8:57am On Oct 23, 2017
Nosikebit:
what do you know? The catholic birthed other dominations, so ask ur dull self if not for catholics dont u think u would hv been a muslim or pegan
lol! Why were people burned at stake by the catholic?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by analice107: 8:57am On Oct 23, 2017
Dnaz:

Hahaha revelation 22: 19 written by Apostle John about the bible? John wrote a book called revelations, prophecy abt a book called revelation. Unless u give me proof that john actually knew the canon of the Christian bible , u have nothing to say.
Did u know that martin Luther wanted to remove the book of revelations?
You are a funny little guy full of assumptions.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by PaddyX: 9:00am On Oct 23, 2017
HungerBAD:
The Catholic right?

I am a Christian, and attend a Pentecostal Church. Churches, just like Christianity, is open to individual definition on how they see it and it has no one clear definition. so your question on why people consider the Catholic something else, will get you a lot of different answers, even if majority it will be shrouded in ambiguity.

The Catholic Church did not start getting heat today from people. It started from the time the Church deviated from the Bible, and became a POLITICAL PARTY in the 14th and 15th Century.

The Catholic Church became too powerful.

There was a time in Europe, the Catholic Church had their hands in the choosing of Monarchs, and was heavily into financial racketeering. And it is on record that most Pope from that Era were Closet/Open Gays, who liked little boys, and that problem still persists with the amount the Catholic Church around the World keep paying money yearly to little boys molested by Catholic Priests.

And that is why Martin Luther lead the revolt, that nearly saw the collapse of the Catholic. God bless him.

As an individual, my problem with the Catholic has to do with the way they worship, as it is almost idolatry. Why can't i as a Christian pray to God directly?why do i need one statue, picture or something to intercede for me?why do i need to be calling the name of this Saint or that Saint to intercede on my behalf?

Why do i need to confess my sins in a Booth to another man(Reverend Father) when i can talk to God directly?is the Reverend Father now a gate keeper to God or Heaven?

Jesus gave his disciples the power to forgive sins in John 20: 23 telling them whoever's sins you forgive are forgiven and whoever's you retain are retained. The Catholic priests are representatives of the he apostles in today's world, just like the Pope is the representative of St. Peter. If Jesus wanted his people to simply 'talk to God directly', he would not have done this

But all these pale in comparison to one SIN i will never forgive the Catholic for. And that SIN is to make ABLE MEN with WORKING PRIVATE PARTS not be able to MAKE LOVE, or have babies just because they want to be Catholic Priests. Who made that DAMN LAW? God put a D--K on a man's body for a reason, but the Catholic, who in some way are claiming GOD are forcing MEN not to use it, because they want to serve God.

Can you imagine a priest balancing God's work and his family appropriately, celebrating mass every day and caring for his family
Even in the same Bible that you accuse us of not beleiving tells us in Luke 14 vs 26 when Jesus clearly spell out to the crowd the cost of becoming a disciple : to forsake his father mother wife and siblings and follow him

God, when he created MAN in the Garden of EDEN noticed after some days he had KONJI. And so he created EVE to be his helper,both in that Department(KONJI) and other Departments. So why is the Catholic Church reversing God's law?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (30) (Reply)

Members Beat Pastor James Mugo After He Asked Them To Pay ₦16,000 To Unlock 2022 / Mummy GO Spotted Grabbing Pizza (Photo, Video) / Before And Now Pictures Of Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Was Shared Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.