Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (62756 Views)

Nigerian Pentecostals Believe That A Pastor Must Have A Spiritual Father / " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Proffdada: 1:31am On Oct 23, 2017
kinesis:
U must really know Jesus so well to know what he certifies and what he does not
because i read the bible not something else somebody cooked up to worship idols
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by PastorAIO: 1:37am On Oct 23, 2017
Proffdada:
why did mary offer burnt offerings for Jesus when he was born,wasn't she 'immaculate' as claimed?
Why does Jesus call mary 'woman' instead of blessed mother? grin

Doesn't this say more about Jesus than Mary. Why is it that Jahweh finds the acts of procreation so disgusting that it is considered defiling for a woman to give birth. The act of giving birth makes her so unclean that she has to offer a Sin offering along with a burnt offering.

What is the source of that sin which Mary had to be cleansed of? She was impregnated by the Holy Spirit, by no will of her own. She faithfully delivered the child, who is considered God, identical with Yahweh, and yet this compliance made her unclean and was a sin. She complied and it was considered a sin that she needed cleansing from.

Was Jesus that disgusting that he defiled Mary when she bore him?

What was the source of the sin that Mary needs to be cleansed from? Was the Holy spirit the sinner that put the sin on Mary?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Proffdada: 1:47am On Oct 23, 2017
PastorAIO:

Doesn't this say more about Jesus than Mary. Why is it that Jahweh finds the acts of procreation so disgusting that it is considered defiling for a woman to give birth. The act of giving birth makes her so unclean that she has to offer a Sin offering along with a burnt offering.

What is the source of that sin which Mary had to be cleansed of? She was impregnated by the Holy Spirit, by no will of her own. She faithfully delivered the child, who is considered God, identical with Yahweh, and yet this compliance made her unclean and was a sin. She complied and it was considered a sin that she needed cleansing from.

Was Jesus that disgusting that he defiled Mary when she bore him?

What was the source of the sin that Mary needs to be cleansed from? Was the Holy spirit the sinner that put the sin on Mary?
so mary was still a virgin after giving birth to other kids?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by ireneidiva(f): 1:51am On Oct 23, 2017
zaragoza:

U wld know if what they portray as doctrine is truly doctrine when the founder of the church dies and another takes over, that's if they survive the aftermath of the death of the founder. Imagine a winners chapel without Oyedepo or salvation ministries without Ibiyomie or Christ embassy without pastor Chris, OPM without pastor Chibuzor etc These pastors above are seen as the identity of their various churches, their standard bearer. When either of them is no more, and another takes over (after the fight and struggle and backbiting to be the successor) u wld see the new successor come up with new ideologies which wld be aimed at fully projecting him or her as the 'new icon' of the church. The bottom line is this, what u call doctrines are simply the ideologies of the man in charge. As for JW i don't even want to go there, just take a time out and read their history; they've been having different teachings with every new leader that assumes the helm of their affairs.
The new pope that changed a lot of prayers and other things in the catholic church nko?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by gemale(m): 1:51am On Oct 23, 2017
[quote author=Beey post=61680020][/quote]
Truly we are saved by grace through faith but remember the book of James says that faith without works is dead. The bible says that men would be judged by the works of their hands & that he would tell those who claim that don't do the will of His father to depart from Him because they were workers of iniquity & He didn't know them. The topic of grace has been so perverted today in the church that lawlessness & unrighteousness is now being applauded in its guise. Purgatory is a revelation by the Holy Spirit given to the church that is kind of encrypted in scripture (1 corinthians) where Paul talks about people who didn't build good structure on christ the sure foundation & each man's work being tested by fire & suffering little loss. Purgatory isn't a place where 1's fate is decided. All souls there are heaven-bound. It's just a waiting period of purification by the fire of God's love for things like forgotten sins or certain omissions which if every human is honest, is guilty of. Do you know if that time you refused alms to that beggar just because you wanted to buy credit was a sin? God's ways are not ours so we can't fully comprehend them. How would you like to go to hell for that? The bible says no sinner would go unpunished not unforgiven so Purgatory is something like ironing your white, spotless garments for that heavenly banquet. As for the crucifix thing, have you noticed that we catholics bow the head or kneel or curtsy when Jesus is mentioned or in affairs pertaining to Jesus. So basically what happens when you see catholics seemingly bowing to the crucifix is that the sight brings back the memory how He humbled Himself to die for us all & how God raised Him & gave Him a name above every other so because of that, we bow to fulfil this portion of scripture in philipians 2. It is the memory it elicits that makes us bow not because of some power in that particular image. That is what pentecostals can't figure out. What you see isn't always what it is eg an uneducated person who sees an eclipse for the first time would think the sun is being swallowed up or if I tell people I eat the body of Jesus Christ & drink His blood, someone uninformed might accuse me of cannibalism. Get informed before passing judgement & accept that you need a certain degree of enlightenment. The sign of the cross is something I do numerous times a day whether I'm working, playing, praying, sitting or whatever. Do you even know the words that accompany it? "in the name of the Father & of the Son & of the Holy Spirit. Amen". A reference to the Trinity isn't wrong, is it? The bible says not to bow to graven images & i've explained earlier why we bow. So even if the image isn't there & something reminds me, I would bow. Images are just better reminders because 1 can see them. The hail holy queen is obviously a passionate plea for the prayers of Mary by a child so in love with the mother. Men have been guilty of making more passionate pleas to other humans using deeper terms of endearment. A man calls his spouse obim, my life, my love, my everything & no one makes a fuss because it is spoken with love. Can any person says without lying that he/she never for once went crying to the mother about something? So also does 1 cry to Mary, a mother entrusted to us by Jesus on the cross.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by PastorAIO: 1:52am On Oct 23, 2017
Proffdada:
so mary was still a virgin after giving birth to other kids?

I'm talking about the birth of Jesus, not the other children of Mary.

Please read my post and answer me, who committed the sin, and when, that required a sin offering from Mary?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Proffdada: 2:11am On Oct 23, 2017
PastorAIO:

I'm talking about the birth of Jesus, not the other children of Mary.

Please read my post and answer me, who committed the sin, and when, that required a sin offering from Mary?
you've answered your own questions na? Any question you want to deduce from that is rhetorical
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Kingspin(m): 2:17am On Oct 23, 2017
People should be free to practice whatever religion they choose and how they do it is not my business as long as they do not interfere, disrupt or endanger other faiths.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by gemale(m): 2:20am On Oct 23, 2017
Proffdada:
why doesn't Jesus call mary mother or blessed mother or hail her? Please follow Christ not catholic
I follow Christ, hence I'm a member of the church he founded whilst on earth not 1 movement formed when a man broke away from another movement claiming to be called sometimes taking a portion of the congregation along with him due to charisma that someone would tag 'anointing'. Is that not sowing discord among the brethren, something the book of proverbs states is an abomination to the Lord? To answer your question, if you study scripture well, you would see that the ministry of Jesus was 1st prophesied by God Himself in Genesis when cursing the serpent. He said that the seed of the woman would crush the serpent's head. That woman being referred to wasn't eve but Mary. As Jesus was the 2nd Adam, Mary was the 2nd eve only this time, the roles were reversed. 2nd Adam was taken from the flesh of 2nd eve. Jesus called her even as a12 year old boy by the title God called her when making the prophecy. We see in revelation 12 the vision of john, who also referred to Mary as "woman".

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by gemale(m): 2:36am On Oct 23, 2017
Proffdada:
if Jesus can condemn simple money exchange in temples then just hailing mary before God is sacrilege
Go & read luke chapter 1. That portion was the message of God delivered by angel Gabriel therefore it's part of Holy scripture. It was also what you call in English language reported speech. Therefore is repeating scripture in prayer now sacrilege? Beware lest the hatred you bear for the catholic church leads you to blasphemy.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by PastorAIO: 2:40am On Oct 23, 2017
Proffdada:
you've answered your own questions na? Any question you want to deduce from that is rhetorical

So giving birth to a child is a sin in your reckoning. Or you're just trying to Duck from the obvious implication of what you've said without thinking.

What sin did Mary commit? Simple kweshion.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 3:13am On Oct 23, 2017
dingbang:
by Pentecostals I mean the modern day people who attend Faith based churches..

They are known as protestants not pentecostals.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 3:25am On Oct 23, 2017
Proffdada:
what is christianity if it's not following Christ? Hailing mary? grin

You protestants think it is not right for catholics to hail Mary the mother of Jesus but it is okay for you to hail your G.Os' and their wives. Smh
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Askng(m): 4:23am On Oct 23, 2017
dingbang:
I decided to hit the nail right through its head and call out all pentecostals (Followers of Martin Luther) in Nairaland to tell the whole world why they think the Catholic Church is not a Bible Believing Church.

On what basis will a Church be termed "Non bible Believing"?

Let's have your Opinions ..

This link will answer your questions properly
David Guzik did a concise lecture on the Church history. It is so rich and his details on the drift of Rome and Roman Catholic is one that I found to have explained your question in details

See link
https://enduringword.com/media/lectures-on-christian-history/

https://enduringword.com/media/roman-catholic-church-papacy/
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Beey(f): 4:47am On Oct 23, 2017
gemale:

Truly we are saved by grace through faith but remember the book of James says that faith without works is dead. The bible says that men would be judged by the works of their hands & that he would tell those who claim that don't do the will of His father to depart from Him because they were workers of iniquity & He didn't know them. The topic of grace has been so perverted today in the church that lawlessness & unrighteousness is now being applauded in its guise. Purgatory is a revelation by the Holy Spirit given to the church that is kind of encrypted in scripture (1 corinthians) where Paul talks about people who didn't build good structure on christ the sure foundation & each man's work being tested by fire & suffering little loss. Purgatory isn't a place where 1's fate is decided. All souls there are heaven-bound. It's just a waiting period of purification by the fire of God's love for things like forgotten sins or certain omissions which if every human is honest, is guilty of. Do you know if that time you refused alms to that beggar just because you wanted to buy credit was a sin? God's ways are not ours so we can't fully comprehend them. How would you like to go to hell for that? The bible says no sinner would go unpunished not unforgiven so Purgatory is something like ironing your white, spotless garments for that heavenly banquet. As for the crucifix thing, have you noticed that we catholics bow the head or kneel or curtsy when Jesus is mentioned or in affairs pertaining to Jesus. So basically what happens when you see catholics seemingly bowing to the crucifix is that the sight brings back the memory how He humbled Himself to die for us all & how God raised Him & gave Him a name above every other so because of that, we bow to fulfil this portion of scripture in philipians 2. It is the memory it elicits that makes us bow not because of some power in that particular image. That is what pentecostals can't figure out. What you see isn't always what it is eg an uneducated person who sees an eclipse for the first time would think the sun is being swallowed up or if I tell people I eat the body of Jesus Christ & drink His blood, someone uninformed might accuse me of cannibalism. Get informed before passing judgement & accept that you need a certain degree of enlightenment. The sign of the cross is something I do numerous times a day whether I'm working, playing, praying, sitting or whatever. Do you even know the words that accompany it? "in the name of the Father & of the Son & of the Holy Spirit. Amen". A reference to the Trinity isn't wrong, is it? The bible says not to bow to graven images & i've explained earlier why we bow. So even if the image isn't there & something reminds me, I would bow. Images are just better reminders because 1 can see them. The hail holy queen is obviously a passionate plea for the prayers of Mary by a child so in love with the mother. Men have been guilty of making more passionate pleas to other humans using deeper terms of endearment. A man calls his spouse obim, my life, my love, my everything & no one makes a fuss because it is spoken with love. Can any person says without lying that he/she never for once went crying to the mother about something? So also does 1 cry to Mary, a mother entrusted to us by Jesus on the cross.
I agree that the topic of grace has been misinterpreted & overemphasized by some preachers.However when we talk about being saved by grace through faith & not works, I think of many things.Some churches believe they can earn salvation by dressing a certain way or not eating meat on Friday or probably praying a certain number of times daily or because they fed the poor.Those are works.They are all good in their respective place but truth is that they cannot earn one salvation.For Jesus said "No one comes to the father, except by me." It's good to do good deeds & certainly God loves good deeds but those alone cannot earn one salvation.I still don't understand the topic of purgatory and the revelation received by your church.Where in the Bible does it say that after death souls go through purification before getting to heaven?Teach me these things.Because the Bible in 1John 2:2 is clear that Christ became the atonement for our sins.2nd Cor 5:21, God made Him who knew no sin become sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God.To atone means to pay.So Jesus already became an atonement for our sins and so purgatory has nothing left to do that Christ didn't accomplish through death & resurrection.As for the crucifix, I don't understand why some piece of wood is needed to remind you about Christ.God lives in our hearts.He lives in our hearts and it shouldn't take to bowing before an image which supposedly reminds you of Christ.He died yes, but he is no longer nailed, He is risen.Mary was just a human being who was favored to carry the savior and be His earthly mother.But the Catholic Church has exalted her almost as an equal to God.Yes we tell the ones we love sweet words.But we don't literally worship them.The worship of Mary by Catholics is what I don't understand.She is not God.Asking the dead saints to pray for you?This is another one that beats my understanding.The dead cannot pray for you, it's just like those who practice traditional religion asking the ancestors to pray for them.By the way, saints are not just dead people as ordained by the pope.The Bible is clear that all believers of Jesus are saints. Rom. 1:7, 1Cor 1:7,2Cor1:1.These verses & more prove that saints are not just dead believers but all the living believers as well.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by blackbriar: 5:02am On Oct 23, 2017
ireneidiva:

The new pope that changed a lot of prayers and other things in the catholic church nko?

please what prayers and things did pope francis change?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by rhektor(m): 5:13am On Oct 23, 2017
Kenerd:
I think one reason is that they use the missal. It's basically the same thing they do IMO; cherry picking. The missal eliminated the need to carry the Bible since the church has done all their homework and removed the parts they don't want. e.g. The second set of ten commandments(that's if you know they exist).

You that knows that second set of ten commandments post it here
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 5:18am On Oct 23, 2017
TheArchangel:
and bracelets with daddy GO pictures too?
Isn't scriptural
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:
you run away from those rooms when you wish to pray?
Why would I runaway? Are there demons there
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by dingbang(m): 5:20am On Oct 23, 2017
What is the greatest commandment?

@ beey
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by tuk2ato(m): 5:21am On Oct 23, 2017
One shouldn't shy away from a good debate, every religion has its own divide, in Islam there is the Shi'a- Sunni divide as well, where one believes the other is heretical.
Didov1:
haaa,jst look at the way our socalled christians are disgracing themself on a public forume,m very sure athiest and muslims are laughing their heartout at ur guys stupidity,those that claimed they attend a BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH doesnt even know the verse that jesus said DO NOT JUDGE,i even read one saying that its in mfm church that true worship takes place,jst imagine, jst note this:GOD WNT ASK FOR THE NAME OF YOUR CHURCH ON JUDGEMENT DAY!!,live right and leave the rest for God to judge.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by dingbang(m): 5:24am On Oct 23, 2017
Proffdada:
i'm waiting for just a simple truth. Did Jesus ever hailed mary or called her blessed?
the angel did.. He Gave her the message from God almighty direct. Hail Mary, You are highly favored.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 5:24am On Oct 23, 2017
Xda59:

You protestants think it is not right for catholics to hail Mary the mother of Jesus but it is okay for you to hail your G.Os' and their wives. Smh
It's wrong to hail both.it's only Jesus that should be exhalted not Mary, not Daddy G.O. You can show respect to your pastor but don't worship them or let them take the place of Jesus
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by dingbang(m): 5:25am On Oct 23, 2017
Happy birthday switkaka

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 5:27am On Oct 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Catholic doctrine are Christ based,and sorry we don't worship idols
Your doctrine ought to be Bible base not just Christ based. The Bible is a guide Christians should follow.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by ireneidiva(f): 5:36am On Oct 23, 2017
blackbriar:

please what prayers and things did pope francis change?
Are you kidding me?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by jaychubi: 6:26am On Oct 23, 2017
crazygod:
When u start worshipping Mary and praying to her, I think bible considers that as idolatry

Dnt say what u dnt kw we honour Mary never worshipping
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nosikebit(m): 6:42am On Oct 23, 2017
If only these people know what catholic hv done for christianity they would be respecting catholic .. the sacrifices the catholic church hv made for the survival of christianity no other domination can match it in a million years. Perhaps if not for catholic nearly the whole world would hv been muslims. Go back to ur history books and read how the catholics marched thousands of miles to the holy land jerusalem to ensure it wasnt fully islamized by saladin of the ottoman empire. If only you people know the sacrifices the catholics hv made for christianity, you wouldnt be talking trash. Even the chosen people, israel dont believe in jesus christ. How did you think the gospel survived and reach the whole world. Do you think it was by buying private jets and living lavish? Answering papa and mama g.o. i am a protestant by birth but i am very proud of the catholics and the role they played in strengthening the hold of christianity throughout the world. If not for catholics am pretty sure some of ur g.os would hv been muslims today.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 6:51am On Oct 23, 2017
Proffdada:
so you never called your mother mummy or mamma? grin
Jesus knew some bunch of deceivers will come up with the idea of affiliation to worship something else that's why He never lost to the devil nor call mary mother.

If he didn't refer to Jesus as mother..didnt he ask John to refer to her as mother??
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by SalC: 6:57am On Oct 23, 2017
ireneidiva:

Are you kidding me?

Am sure he/ she isn't kidding, I too would like to know the prayers that Pope Francis changed.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by SalC: 7:00am On Oct 23, 2017
freshboi88:

If he didn't refer to Jesus as mother..didnt he ask John to refer to her as mother??

You are even trying to pamper him with your answers.

Jesus didn't even ask John to refer to her as mother. Jesus himself called her mother in that very verse.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 7:03am On Oct 23, 2017
SalC:

You are even trying to pamper him with your answers.

Jesus didn't even ask John to refer to her as mother. Jesus himself called her mother in that very verse.

Tank u my brother.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (30) (Reply)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / Bishop Tom Samson Wins "Best Pastor Of The Year" Award, Poses In His Limousine / Members Beat Pastor James Mugo After He Asked Them To Pay ₦16,000 To Unlock 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.