Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? (21935 Views)

Tunde Onakoya's Parents Get A House As A Gift From Someone / Should I Start A Business First Or Should I Build A House First? / After Buying Land, How Do I Build A House On It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Elthugnificent(m): 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
What's the main purpose of building in the village in the he first place if not show off.
It is better to build even if it is one room in town just to stop paying the exorbitant rent in the city, after which if you like you can go back to the village and show them that you have arrive by building a sky scrapper.
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by illicit(m): 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
you might have to build your house where you live or spend most time, either town or village.
Building a house in the village and Paying high rent in town is almost senseless only if one considers that you might do that to accommodate your parents or folks.
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by ruffDiamond: 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
Na wa o OK
Go develope yr village first ,if your village people let you retire there in peace
Then you are lucky man cool
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
The question I have for all these anti village house crew is this?

When you come for Xmas, will you squeeze all your family members inside your great grandfathers thatch house or what?

Don't follow all these ethnic groups whose members don't even travel to the village at all to discuss anything.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Parable007: 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
Mak4web:
Heaven
best answer so far, let think on building in heaven than on earth

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by babablogger: 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
RationalTV:
Where should a man build house first?
Village
Or
Township?

As for me township o because all this our red cap elders are too dangerous I will first gain a ground at the city before coming back to flaunt wealth at the village should incase anything happens. My building at the city wil be my families Hope.
Please ur own openion is needed here
you must be from the east right?
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Sheunma: 7:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
RationalTV:
Village
Or
Township?
As for me township o because all this our red cap elders are too dangerous. I will first gain a ground at the city before coming back to flaunt wealth at the village should incase anything happens. My building at the city wil be my families Hope.
village township
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by kingjoe(m): 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
if u don't have any place u can manage in the village. u can build a small building in the village because it can be very disgraceful not having a place to stay not to talk of occasions. but if your Dad or close relatives have a place u can stay.my dear common sence tells u to build where u can save rent.that is in the town.but like I said earlier if what u have in the village is mud house please to avoid disgrace put up something. however I don't buy the idea of building magnificent buildings in the village. it has no financial value.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by manci(m): 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
village for your own good for better for worst village will accept you unlike city
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by MChaze25(m): 7:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
Well my Dad built first in the village and we all relocated to the village!
It was a game plan.
You can't harm a man you think he is falling even if you are a red cap chief.
We made it look like we re tired of the city and can't pay the bills of rent anymore..
They bought it hook, line and sinker.
Today we re buying all their lands and building industries to develop the village.
Even doing bigger things in the cities codedly..
Always use your brain in Life..that's all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by ebuk4real(m): 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
It depends on the location. If its in the South-south, east or west, township remains the best. But in the north, the reverse is the beginning of wisdom... grin grin grin
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Deprofessional(m): 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
I will advice the village.

It is very shameful for a married man not to have a place of his own to lay his head.

You and your family members will never visit village in 10 years or more if they have no where to stay.

Building a three room boys quarter in the village is better than having mansion in the town with no where to stay in the villa.

Do you ever think of where you will be buried when you die?

I am an Igbo man and I believe in 'aku rue ulo'.

8 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by asawanathegreat(m): 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
My people na town first oo house rent don tire me to pay abegi
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by dedunji: 7:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
I have a testimony to give my young brothers here ,I used to think that building in the vallege is the best thing but until I fall a victim ,I made my first money 2001 then I traveled to village start my village house I spent 10 m to build the house as am typing to you now the house is still there no tenants ,I keep paying for NEPA bills not used I cut glasses every months .but in Abuja I pay 750 000 every year for rent ,my pain is this my friend who invested his 4 m in an estate in Abj latter build the house with 7m sold it 30m and he is doing well in his business while am still struggling. To pay rent in Abj ,pls copy from me and edit your life ,thanks .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Clean2016: 7:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
[quote author=sparklezeee post=61668994]It depends on the need of the individual. Build first in your village and keep on paying high rent while living in the city to me it doesn't make sense. As for the red cap men you talked about they are everywhere.

But if you don't have a building in your village and you know you will soon die abeg go build o

Bros you Don hear plenty stories,of our villages across Nigeria
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by idonhammer: 7:45pm On Oct 22, 2017
F' for Bleep
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by chloride6: 7:47pm On Oct 22, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

When you come for Xmas, will you squeeze all your family members inside your great grandfathers thatch house or what?

Don't follow all these ethnic groups whose members don't even travel to the village at all to discuss anything.

Somebody should build a house because he wants to visit a place for 3 weeks in a year 3ce in 5 years
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by VocalWalls: 7:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
My state capital.

Not after the complete los of properties after the war, especially in a country like Nigeria.

Just last month people were already waiting for easterners to run away so they can take their assets over.

I'm building in my state's capital. Where I am a son of the soil and cannot be bullied.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Wisebisho: 7:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Village first,
Then town later.

Because in the wise words of Zorro a.k.a SwagBag.
"A chuo gi na town, a ma-nchu gi na your villa"

"If you are driven away from the city, you will always be welcome in your village"
Some village's now just dey banish people anyhow... You go carry house join?

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Deprofessional(m): 7:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
dedunji:
I have a testimony to give my young brothers here ,I used to think that building in the vallege is the best thing but until I fall a victim ,I made my first money 2001 then I traveled to village start my village house I spent 10 m to build the house as am typing to you now the house is still there no tenants ,I keep paying for NEPA bills not used I cut glasses every months .but in Abuja I pay 750 000 every year for rent ,my pain is this my friend who invested his 4 m in an estate in Abj latter build the house with 7m sold it 30m and he is doing well in his business while am still struggling. To pay rent in Abj ,pls copy from me and edit your life ,thanks .

Why would a normal human being, who is not an armed robber, spend 10m in building a house in the village in 2001?

Bros. you made a mistake big time. In 2001, #3m would have given you a modest 4 bedroom bungalow and the rest can be invested.

It is better to have a thatched house, or even one room in the village before building anything in the city.

A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by mmsen: 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
Build where you live.

I will never understand the culture of spending silly amounts of money on a house that you won't see for 50 weeks of the year. Meanwhile you live in a crappy apartment for most of the year because of stupid local custom.

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by highchief1: 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
RationalTV:
Village
Or
Township?
As for me township o because all this our red cap elders are too dangerous. I will first gain a ground at the city before coming back to flaunt wealth at the village should incase anything happens. My building at the city wil be my families Hope.
i built my two houses simultaneously in villa and town same design

2 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by mmsen: 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Why do they have to travel to the village?

If the entire family is already in Abuja, Lagos or abroad what sense does it make?

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
RationalTV:
Village
Or
Township?

Charity begins at home, but should not end there. I am not saying you should take my advise, if you are traditional in your approach to life then its village first, but if you are businessman desirous of profits and prosperity, then your first house shouldnt be a residence. It should be income generating building. Then that will generate resources for you build more houses at village and city.

Stay blessed.

3 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Deprofessional(m): 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
mmsen:
Build where you live.

I will never understand the culture of spending silly amounts of money on a house that you won't see for 50 weeks of the year. Meanwhile you live in a crappy apartment for most of the year because of stupid local custom.

When they pursue you in the town, your village Is your last line of defence.

So village first.
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by mgbadike81: 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

thank you my brother, this topic is tribally biased and have made front-page several times before. this thread was opened and moved to the front-page within ten minutes.every right thinking Igbo man,especially those living outside igboland should as a matter of necessity build the biggest house he can possibly build anywhere in the east first before building a modest one elsewhere. many of the people who fled from the northeast came back to inconvenient an squat with relatives at home while telling stories of their mansions that they abandoned in the Northeast. the same thing happened during the 2015 presidential election, the arewa quit notice and the oso Abiola saga (June 12). red cap chiefs don't live in the village alone and are not specification evil. the only property I own in Lagos is a Shop at the tradefair complex. why should I waste money to build on the waterlogged soils of Lagos with it's expensive raft foundation when I can use the same money to build almost two of the same design in the east.

5 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
mmsen:

Why do they have to travel to the village?

If the entire family is already in Abuja, Lagos or abroad what sense does it make?

You are among those ones was referring to.
Village is where everything happens.
That's why some groups don't miss Xmas

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by solexybaba(m): 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
I concur wt dos who says Wea u spend most of ur time.if u like go build for ur village make winch pple de stay inside wait for u.as for me city first men.dats wots up.dos tinz r jst for ur comfortability.
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
Town mehn
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by KingSango(m): 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
RationalTV:
Village
Or
Township?

Depends upon your livelihood, if you are farmer than there's way more land in the village, if you are shop keeper than there's way more customers in the city. If you are retired then its just a matter of which place suits your pleasure. Ase, Love Sango

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Understand Water Borehole Drilling In Nigeria N Important Of Geophysical Survey / How To Build A House On Swampy Land / Trying To Rent A Property In Lagos? Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.