Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? (21936 Views)

Tunde Onakoya's Parents Get A House As A Gift From Someone / Should I Start A Business First Or Should I Build A House First? / After Buying Land, How Do I Build A House On It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
chloride6:

Somebody should build a house because he wants to visit a place for 3 weeks in a year 3ce in 5 years

Answer my question first. Where will the family stay?
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Gerrard59(m): 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
My answer goes as thus:

Home is not where you come from, rather it's where you find happiness and make money.

InyinyaAgbaOku:

What happened to a hotel? It won't be more than a month's stay, so?

I find it economically ridiculous to use money that with a little top up can construct/buy a house in where you work or have your business to be used to do same in a place you visit once or twice annually.

2 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by 9japrof(m): 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Village first,
Then town later.

Because in the wise words of Zorro a.k.a SwagBag.
"A chuo gi na town, a ma-nchu gi na your villa"

"If you are driven away from the city, you will always be welcome in your village"

Do you know that sometimes u just make sense
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by jasmines(f): 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
RationalTV:
Where should a man build house first?
Village
Or
Township?
As for me township o because all this our red cap elders are too dangerous. I will first gain a ground at the city before coming back to flaunt wealth at the village should incase anything happens. My building at the city wil be my families Hope.
Please ur own openion is needed here

In Ojukwu's voice:
Ndigbo ndi nzuzu, kwenu..............
Ndigbo ndi isi kpuru nuo nu..........
Ndigbo odozi ala ndi ozo kwezuo nu oooooo

*drops mike and walks out of the thread*

3 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Engrr(m): 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
The truth is that this topic is a function of where you come from and the type of person you are.

In the type of village i came from, even if you are going to be there only once in your life time, if you don't have a befitting house then you are nobody!

7 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by aribisala0(m): 8:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
Not every one comes from a village my dear OP. Knew it had to be an Eboe asking this? Clannish villagers

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Deprofessional(m): 8:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
Those shouting house rent in town are missing the point.

I am not against building mansion in the city. But my point is, before you spend #5m building in the city, make sure you have spent #500,000.00 in securing, even if a room apartment, in the village.

Many igbos in Lagos and north don't know their village and even their people. Why, because they failed to build in the village.

That money you will spend in buying luxury car to impress women, better use it in building a room apartment in the village.

Let your children know where you came from and your people. Except. of course, if you are spirit.

4 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by jasmines(f): 8:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ppl like you just make me wish I were yoruba or another sensible tribe.
Another person's village is now town, while your ancestral home is village.

How many of those ppl advising you to build in their village has a mud house in your own village ?

Or your family aren't worth your first house well, in the end, it's your life your biz.

3 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by mmsen: 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

You are among those ones was referring to.
Village is where everything happens.
That's why some groups don't miss Xmas

What is that happens in a village that you cannot do in a city or wherever you happen to reside?
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by 9japrof(m): 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
Do what works for you,

if you stay in the northern part of Nigeria, abeg build for ur villa first ooo, cos this northerners no get joy at all, everything you build can come tumbling down any day anytime.

Buh if you stay in any stable part of naija outside the north, build there first to resist the exorbitant prices of rent
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by mmsen: 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
Deprofessional:

When they pursue you in the town, your village Is your last line of defence.

So village first.

Pursue you how?

Why would they pursue you?

When was the last time that happened to you?

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
Gerrard59:
My answer goes as thus:

Home is not where you come from, rather it's where you find happiness and make money.

What happened to a hotel? It won't be more than a month's stay, so?

I find it economically ridiculous to use money that with a little top up can construct/buy a house in where you work or have your business to be used to do same in a place you visit once or twice annually.

And village people will be visiting you at the hotel?
Igbo people travel more than you think, go to every bus park at the city where you live, it's usually full in the mornings .

One mustn't build first in the city but a village house no matter how small is good for the family.

4 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Deprofessional(m): 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
mmsen:

Pursue you how?
Why would they pursue you?
When was the last time that happened to you?

October 1 declaration

2 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by mmsen: 8:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
Deprofessional:

October 1 declaration

Were you actively pursued or did some useless Aboki run his mouth and do nothing to back up his actions?

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by RationalTV: 8:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
jasmines:

In Ojukwu's voice:
Ndigbo ndi nzuzu, kwenu..............
Ndigbo ndi isi kpuru nuo nu..........
Ndigbo odozi ala ndi ozo kwezuo nu oooooo

*drops mike and walks out of the thread*
Enough of recycled old politicians to continue to ruin our future as Nigerian youths.
We Nigerian youths are becoming so comfortable with mediocre and enjoying the meagre these old politicians dash us out of our collective Commonwealth they stole in the name of leadership.
Enough is enough! Join ''Rational Youth For Future Revolution Of Nigeria (RYFFRON)'' now and let's surprise these old politicians come 2019 by electing young, visionary Nigerians into key leadership positions to help us chart a new course for Nigeria. Yes we can do it.
Check us out here and indicate your interest to be a member of the revolution party!
Join here>>> https://www.nairaland.com/4132223/rational-youth-future-revolution-nigeria
Rational Youth For Future Revolution Of Nigeria (RYFFRON)
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by RationalTV: 8:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
KingSango:

Depends upon your livelihood, if you are farmer than there's way more land in the village, if you are shop keeper than there's way more customers in the city. If you are retired then its just a matter of which place suits your pleasure. Ase, Love Sango

Enough of recycled old politicians to continue to ruin our future as Nigerian youths.
We Nigerian youths are becoming so comfortable with mediocre and enjoying the meagre these old politicians dash us out of our collective Commonwealth they stole in the name of leadership.
Enough is enough! Join ''Rational Youth For Future Revolution Of Nigeria (RYFFRON)'' now and let's surprise these old politicians come 2019 by electing young, visionary Nigerians into key leadership positions to help us chart a new course for Nigeria. Yes we can do it.
Check us out here and indicate your interest to be a member of the revolution party!
Join here>>> https://www.nairaland.com/4132223/rational-youth-future-revolution-nigeria
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by chloride6: 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

If Xmas in Villa is so important, why don't you stay in the village all year?

Did the guy make money to build house in Villa imediately he starmtwd working or hustling in Lagos?

There are people without houses who go to Villa for Xmas and have an awesome experience all the same.

Besides travelling to Villa sef no to dey like before.

wink

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by spy24(m): 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
The place that favoured him
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by jefy(m): 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
It's a no brainer when i see empty mansions in villages,especially in the east..,i see such as liability because its not yelding anything for the owner who is probably based abroad. Abeg,build for city and allow building make money for you and your family even after you are gone. A small house later on in the village could be considered.

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
chloride6:

Did the guy make money to build house in Villa imediately he starmtwd working or hustling in Lagos?

There are people without houses who go to Villa for Xmas and have an awesome experience all the same.

wink

Speak for yourself as per your last sentence.

Plus, people spend hundreds of thousands and millions to choice destinations annually.
Sb decides to be spending these vacations in the village by making his abode there comfortable, with the same swimming pool et al he would be enjoying in his faraway resort, and you are talking?

Abeg shift.
NOthing beats village experience. Festivities, ceremonies, etc.

4 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Deprofessional(m): 8:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
mmsen:

Were you actively pursued or did some useless Aboki run his mouth and do nothing to back up his actions?

Guy, if you are Igbo, better start thinking of building in your village.

Let your children have inheritance there first.

2 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by sparklezeee: 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
[quote author=Clean2016 post=61673539][/quote]
them too many, to the extent when dead body dey pay due.
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Deprofessional(m): 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
RationalTV:

Forget this your political move. Go and build in your village first

3 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Deprofessional(m): 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
chloride6:

wink

Bros, you can continue to console yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by mgbadike81: 8:34pm On Oct 22, 2017
babablogger:
you must be from the east right?
not likely, he's just pulling a trick based on earlier discussion.
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by InvertedHammer: 8:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
RationalTV:
Village
Or
Township?
As for me township o because all this our red cap elders are too dangerous. I will first gain a ground at the city before coming back to flaunt wealth at the village should incase anything happens. My building at the city wil be my families Hope.

Where should a man build a shelter first? Is it where he lives or where he seldom visits? Perhaps it is the term "house" that is confusing the OP.
A house is primarily for shelter and not something to impress other people who live in the village.
Harassment and embarrassment by landlords are enough to answer the question.
/

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Fingerprinter(m): 8:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

And village people will be visiting you at the hotel?
Igbo people travel more than you think, go to every bus park at the city where you live, it's usually full in the mornings .

One mustn't build first in the city but a village house no matter how small is good for the family.

Stop quoting that guy. He's a Yoruba man. They don't have values.
Imagine the nonsense that the guy is saying. Imagine coming home to bury a family member and staying in a hotel. Just imagine the stupidity. Well, let me just believe that he is an exuberant youth who doesn't know anything about life yet.
The truth is that a typical Yoruba village is a despicable place with thick bushes and thatched houses, that's why they always dread the idea of visiting village. They never know that it is not like that in the east. When they hear of village, they use their idea of village to draw conclusions and start saying rubbish.
Igbo villages are not like your typical Yoruba villages where only miserable people and "witches" stay.
My contribution to the thread: if you are an Igbo man and your parents don't already have a house in the village, by all means, build your first house in the village. There is no better way of showing appreciation to the people that were in charge of your upbringing than to do them that favor. However, if they already have a house, even it is just a three bedroom apartment, building your first house in the city won't be a bad idea either.
Me for instance, my parents already have a house in the village, if I'm going to be building in the village again, it will be a duplex and that will be towards my retirement because I want to retire to the village and early too.

6 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Exempted: 8:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Village first,
Then town later.

Because in the wise words of Zorro a.k.a SwagBag.
"A chuo gi na town, a ma-nchu gi na your villa"

"If you are driven away from the city, you will always be welcome in your village"

Who wan drive u commot from city kwanu

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by AleAirHub(m): 8:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
Township 1st because that is were I spend most of my time & I will build one in the village when am close to my grave because by then " I no get penny to loose to those bad Bella villagers red cap them" grin grin grin
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by meforyou1(m): 8:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:
The question I have for all these anti village house crew is this?

When you come for Xmas, will you squeeze all your family members inside your great grandfathers thatch house or what?

Don't follow all these ethnic groups whose members don't even travel to the village at all to discuss anything.
but the question is, will u build house in the village, that you travel once in a year to, first while paying rent in the town?
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by BAILMONEY: 8:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
RationalTV:
Village
Or
Township?
I DISAGREE WITH YOU EMPIRICALTV. VILLAGE FIRST, CHARITY THEY SAY BEGINS AT HOME
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by LegitGuy22: 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
As for me I prefer to build in my village in Abia State first.
What you call city is village to some people e.g Lagos, Abuja

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Understand Water Borehole Drilling In Nigeria N Important Of Geophysical Survey / How To Build A House On Swampy Land / Trying To Rent A Property In Lagos? Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.