Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,767 members, 7,813,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? (21930 Views)

Tunde Onakoya's Parents Get A House As A Gift From Someone / Should I Start A Business First Or Should I Build A House First? / After Buying Land, How Do I Build A House On It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by meforyou1(m): 8:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
dedunji:
I have a testimony to give my young brothers here ,I used to think that building in the vallege is the best thing but until I fall a victim ,I made my first money 2001 then I traveled to village start my village house I spent 10 m to build the house as am typing to you now the house is still there no tenants ,I keep paying for NEPA bills not used I cut glasses every months .but in Abuja I pay 750 000 every year for rent ,my pain is this my friend who invested his 4 m in an estate in Abj latter build the house with 7m sold it 30m and he is doing well in his business while am still struggling. To pay rent in Abj ,pls copy from me and edit your life ,thanks .
I can't believe u live in Abuja here and decide to build a house in the village 1st.
After my rent was increased from 500k to 750k and then to 900k within 4 years, nobody told me to go and build my own house.
Village own will come later. I'm not one bit bothered

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by DivneFavour(m): 8:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
Where you are base should be first. It is kinda foolish to build a house in the village while you are paying huge some of money to another landlord.

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by meforyou1(m): 8:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
mmsen:

Why do they have to travel to the village?

If the entire family is already in Abuja, Lagos or abroad what sense does it make?
they will still pack themselves and go home during Xmas to see village people

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Apipia: 9:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Village first,
Then town later.

Because in the wise words of Zorro a.k.a SwagBag.
"A chuo gi na town, a ma-nchu gi na your villa"

"If you are driven away from the city, you will always be welcome in your village"
You are reasonable, myopic minds may not understand.
Vilage is where great men head to roost, They Buharis,Gaddaffs, Blairs,Obamas, Trumps, Che Guverras, Chairman Moe, Ekweremadus etc,whenever i am visiting my village with my family, i felt nostalgic, the sweet and fragrance of midews, the quietness and been woke up by the cock crow, the rejuvenating of mind, its like a retreat time after time. I love my village through and through. One who has a home either in the village or in a city have the full right to fart.

2 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Josh44s(m): 9:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Village first,
Then town later.

Because in the wise words of Zorro a.k.a SwagBag.
"A chuo gi na town, a ma-nchu gi na your villa"

"If you are driven away from the city, you will always be welcome in your village"

Why will you be driven away from your own house in the city? Or you think if you owe bank and run to your house in the village they won’t find you and seize that property too? Very shallow thinking Young man. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by TheArchangel(f): 9:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
Josh44s:

Why will you be driven away from your own house in the city? Or you think if you owe bank and run to your house in the village they won’t find you and seize that property too? Very shallow thinking Young man. cheesy
You are the myopic guy here.

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by WeirdWolf: 9:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
Wherever he spends most of his time. Not village, if not village.
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by babyfaceafrica: 10:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
Apipia:

You are reasonable, myopic minds may not understand.
Vilage is where great men head to roost, They Buharis,Gaddaffs, Blairs,Obamas, Trumps, Che Guverras, Chairman Moe, Ekweremadus etc,whenever i am visiting my village with my family, i felt nostalgic, the sweet and fragrance of midews, the quietness and been woke up by the cock crow, the rejuvenating of mind, its like a retreat time after time. I love my village through and through. One who has a home either in the village or in a city have the full right to fart.
not all of us are into this village thing..abeg. Everyman for himself... Who village EPP?
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by gabe: 10:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
With the high rate of rents in towns, it makes more sense to build in town before village. In many towns/ cities in Nigeria, a 2 bedroom flat goes for at least N250,000. Of course it's a lot more in Lagos and Abuja. In fact, if you know Abuja, you know if you have a house there 50% of your problems are solved. Your first task in any town in which you'll be staying for the foreseeable future is to start hunting for affordable land in a good neighbourhood to build. Your village house can always come later.

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
meforyou1:
but the question is, will u build house in the village, that you travel once in a year to, first while paying rent in the town?

Yes.
And who told you it's just once?
And who told you the visit isn't worth making memorable?

My dad did it with us and we can't ask for better.
Yes And yes.
Cos your village is dry And uninhabitable doesn't make everyone's like that

2 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by janykute: 10:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Where should a man build a shelter first? Is it where he lives or where he seldom visits? Perhaps it is the term "house" that is confusing the OP.
A house is primarily for shelter and not something to impress other people who live in the village.
Harassment and embarrassment by landlords are enough to answer the question.
/
And you think the recent quit notice and regular deportation are not enough to answer the question?

3 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Apipia: 10:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
not all of us are into this village thing..abeg. Everyman for himself... Who village EPP?
You will never know. I repeat Villages are where great men head to roost, You are not a part of it. When a lizard ran and passed a tree trunk, kids will use it as an afternoon meat.

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by meforyou1(m): 10:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Yes.
And who told you it's just once?
And who told you the visit isn't worth making memorable?

My dad did it with us and we can't ask for better.
Yes And yes.
Cos your village is dry And uninhabitable doesn't make everyone's like that
do u know my village? I am from arondizuogu in imo state. And there's nothing dry about my village. I go to village at least twice every year.
So I know what I'm talking about.

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Deo1986(m): 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
number5:
are we still asking this sort of questions in a country like ours were "your village people" are waiting for any sign of progress in your life so they can pounce on you and make ur children orphans.? Nada , if u're not staying in d village and u have no people there who really need an abode, my broda pack well for town to avoid stories that touch
You are still scared of such stuff in these 21st century? And you are a christian. Jesus!

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by cimag: 10:32pm On Oct 22, 2017
A young man who had lived most of his life in the village regard all village people as witches just a year or two after migrating to township for greener pasture.Why?

2 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Deo1986(m): 10:34pm On Oct 22, 2017
All of you announcing build in town should be ashamed of yourselves, the town you are talking of is either Lagos owned by the Eko people, Abuja owned by the Bwari people or Portharcourt owned by my people the Ikwerres. Shame no catch una. We go soon pursue all strangers for our land. cool

3 Likes

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by mechanics(m): 10:45pm On Oct 22, 2017
You build the house where you are working.
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
Town o, who village don help, village that we go only on December and stay for just one week, if I see a way I can avoid going to village totally, I will.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
alt3r3g0:
You better build in town before advertising yourself to your village members. grin

As in eh, immediately you start your house foundation, your village witches will just remember you and start fanning themselves with your picture grin.

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by stanleyazo(m): 11:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
Village!!!! Keep your opinion it's my money
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by bahaushe1: 11:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
Where he pays rent.
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 23, 2017
RationalTV:
Where should a man build house first?
Village
Or
Township?
As for me township o because all this our red cap elders are too dangerous. I will first gain a ground at the city before coming back to flaunt wealth at the village should incase anything happens. My building at the city wil be my families Hope.
Please ur own openion is needed here

Which state do u come from?
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by InvertedHammer: 12:18am On Oct 23, 2017
janykute:

And you think the recent quit notice and regular deportation are not enough to answer the question?

Quit notice in Kano is not quit notice in Enugu.

Village house is a vacation/retirement home for most urban dwellers. Who said that you cannot build in both places? The OP wants to know which one takes higher priority? Build a house in the city and the rent to be saved thereafter can be used to build a decent vacation home in the village.
Some pensioners with even a "face-me-I-face-you" property in the city are living better on their own than those who retired to their mansions in the village especially considering the way pension funds grow wings in Nigeria. Positive cash flow is the key. One can even sell the house in the city and retire comfortably to a small house and a petty business in the village.
/

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Emyogalanya: 1:53am On Oct 23, 2017
RationalTV:
Village
Or
Township?
As for me township o because all this our red cap elders are too dangerous. I will first gain a ground at the city before coming back to flaunt wealth at the village should incase anything happens. My building at the city wil be my families Hope.
I v
did u just insult Igbo? what's d red cap dia? insert Igbo in topic na make we know

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Nobody: 2:28am On Oct 23, 2017
meforyou1:
do u know my village? I am from arondizuogu in imo state. And there's nothing dry about my village. I go to village at least twice every year.
So I know what I'm talking about.

You for ask the girl or whomever it is if she has heard of Ikeji. The person is nuts. Guaranteed Izuogu is dry on xmas but Easter and Ikeji is the bomb.

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Askng(m): 4:14am On Oct 23, 2017
RationalTV:
Village
Or
Township?

As good as it is to build a house in an unsecure world, where all our investment is but little compared to an endless eternity
It is very important to consider the futility of all human endeavours for which men are in a rat race,
Our life is a lease, the owner of our lives is God, a man may be planning to build a house without knowing how many more years or days is left of his life. It is not a bad idea to build
Proverb 16:3 is the proper way to begin

Men are used to major the minor and minor the major
The major in a man's life is his soul

Jesus said "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Mathew 6:33

A house in the village or in the city is little compared to the matter of eternal life, You certainly will not be the first to achieve that, but where are all the people who lived for this world and dreamed of this same investment many years ago?
Many of them have bowed to the power of time and so shall all men

Seek Christ first
Let Him build your soul by coming into your life and then he will direct all other plans of your life.
Build if you have the opportunity but build a relationship with Christ and you will discover what is truly essential

Accept Jesus Christ.
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Rubbiish(m): 6:57am On Oct 23, 2017
LOVEGINO:
My brother it all depends where you spend most of your time.
Very true
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Philbobo: 7:02am On Oct 23, 2017
Town of course... or do you wanna build house

In your Village grin
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by IamLaura(f): 7:13am On Oct 23, 2017
jasmines:
Ppl like you just make me wish I were yoruba or another sensible tribe.
Another person's village is now town, while your ancestral home is village.

How many of those ppl advising you to build in their village has a mud house in your own village ?

Or your family aren't worth your first house well, in the end, it's your life your biz.
You're first line is shameful but I understand your grievances.
Our people need to sit down and discuss some serious issues

1 Like

Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by jasmines(f): 7:18am On Oct 23, 2017
IamLaura:

You're first line is shameful but I understand your grievances.
Our people need to sit down and discuss some serious issues

Nothing shameful here.........
It's the honest truth.

Everyone on this forum will attest that before opening this thread they knew the op was igbo including you. Why won't I be ashamed ?

If the Igbos owned lagos, do you think lagos will be what it is today ? A big no and let me tell you why.
The moment the capital waas moved to Abuja, Igbos will rush to move their families and investments to the "capital"
Re: Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? by Cfan: 7:22am On Oct 23, 2017
Is not wise to own a building in villa and be paying rent in the city na. Be it private resident or commercial/business purposes use your tongue to count your teeth my guy township first village na latter things

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Understand Water Borehole Drilling In Nigeria N Important Of Geophysical Survey / How To Build A House On Swampy Land / Trying To Rent A Property In Lagos? Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.