Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service (45654 Views)

Abdulrasheed Maina Released From Kuje Prison / Faisal Abdulrasheed, Maina’s Son Pulled A Pistol Against DSS - EFCC Agents / Reports Regarding Disengagement Of Mr. Maina From Service (2) (3) (4)

Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
i see so much bitterness on this thread. its just a pity. So do you guys honestly think that Buhari should be aware of every single thing that happens in this country. Its his reaction that matters most in cases like this and i like his reaction period. lets hope its duly followed through.
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by Penalty82(m): 2:50pm On Oct 23, 2017
omenka:
Now, that is the President I voted for! smiley

Do not stop there sir, go the full hog, prosecute the thief and make sure he gets what he deserves! cool

Pyhon1, you seeing this?

Hmmm... you forgot to ask your president where he was when this criminal was appointed.

Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by Ttalk: 2:51pm On Oct 23, 2017
Where is EFCC that declared him wanted in the first place. There is no doubt that EFCC under this government is selective. That reminds me of Larmorde, must this toothless dog wait for him to become governor of his state before they start making noise?

Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by python1: 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2017
omenka:

Do not stop there sir, go the full hog, prosecute the thief and make sure he gets what he deserves! cool

Pyhon1, you seeing this?
I don see am but I no want talk anything because I was hearing so much grunts on the thread. grin

Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by cyrilamx(m): 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2017
Sadly, the head of service is available southerner from cross river state. She is the one perpetrating this evil act. I guess she is a mole and wanted to use Maina's reinstatement to further the hatred against PMB with with view to wrecking his government.
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by Penalty82(m): 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
silastemplar:
i see so much bitterness on this thread. its just a pity. So do you guys honestly think that Buhari should be aware of every single thing that happens in this country. Its his reaction that matters most in cases like this and i like his reaction period. lets hope its duly followed through.

Are you saying that GEJ should be exonerated of all the looting under him?.

Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by SalamRushdie: 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2017
Buhari should have also disengaged himself from power abeg ..He cannot claim to be ignorant about matters surrounding the readsorption of Mr Maina ..

Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2017
...every official involved in his re-appoinment into the civil service should be suspended without pay.
...actually, we are the architect of corrupt practises in Nigeria...
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by onatisi(m): 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2017
Desyner:
Reactionary propaganda.

dont mind them .
if Nigerians had keep quiet , the dullard wouldn't have done anything

Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by amunkita(m): 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2017
Reinstated to enable him collect his gratuity...

APC - Alliance of Progressive Criminal..
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by Desyner: 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2017
kokoA:
if you don't know how government works then shut up! Buhari is president does not mean he knows everything. There is the head of service who is responsible for all civil servants, she is the one that has an explanation to give as to why/how the fugitive was reinstated.

Meanwhile, kudos to premium times who exposed this evil move. This is the kind of journalism we require to move this country forward.
Ha ha ha . . . I know how govt works (Buhari's inclusive). Since you subtly pass the blaim to C.O.S. Lets see what happens to him.
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by onatisi(m): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Buhari should have also disengaged himself from power abeg ..He cannot claim ti be ignorant about matter surrounding the readsorption of Mr Maina ..
God bless you more than your parents .
only fools will be easily fooled by all these crisis management reactions of the dullard
if truly such an appointment and reinstatement took place without the knowledge of the president, then it simply means buhari isnt capable of been the president and that definitely actions been taken by this government arent always on his orders . he has no business been the president if that is the case

Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by AntiWailer: 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2017
seunmsg:
This is the kind of reaction we expected. Sacking him is not enough, he should be handed over to EFCC immediately for prosecution. In addition, the president should order an investigation into the circumstances surrounding his initial reinstatement. Everyone found culpable should be punished seriously. He should also in this spirit act on the investigation he ordered into the Babachir and NIA DG scandals. Corruption must not be allowed to win this battle.

Seconded.
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by fyneguy: 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2017
People just like to post nonsense on threads.

You expected the President to monitor civil service appointments? Are you kidding?

We have so many educated illiterates!
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by Desyner: 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2017
onatisi:

dont mind them .
if Nigerians had keep quiet , the dullard wouldst have done anything
He only fronts with anything that won't disrupt his second term. Herdsmen move openly with arms against the law but he is quiet about it.
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by oglalasioux(m): 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2017
efighter:

You are mad. People that were accused of corruption during Goatluck Jonaddaft's regime were elevated e.g. Princess Stealer Oduah, Ms Aruma Oteh, Ms Deizaini, Mrs imPatience Jonaddaft e.t.c. Buhari has done the needful, the appointment was done by the body in charge, so Buhari need not be aware. Now that Buhari has been called upon to the injustice, Buhari has done what is expected.

You said that Buahri is not in control of his goernment, now tell me who was in control of Jonaddaft's government while he drank away his life?

a. Ms Diezaini Alison-Madueke
b. Mama Piss Sheppopo the grammarian
c. Puff-puff cheeked world bank house-girl called Ngozi Okono-Iwealla
d. ATM Dasuki Sambo
e. All of of the above

I'm not mad. Don't let bigotry becloud your judgement on my person. Keep your mention on the topic which you are entitled to. Calling me mad will not make you more right or wrong.
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by Nebuzaradan: 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2017
omenka:

Pyhon1, you seeing this?
Buhari is a terrorist
aisha is a shameless corrupt prostitute
kiss the truth
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by SalamRushdie: 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2017
Throwback:
Even the APC government should spare Nigeria this mockery and disengage themselves from power.

This is too shameful. This is sacrilegious. This is the end.

Why asking for a full report when the report from the Osinbajo panel on SGF and NIA Director are still gathering dust on your table? How long does it take to study a report that has already proffered recommendations?

If I was a member of this government, I would resign immediately this morning to save the little that is left of my integrity that has been slowly eroding over the past 2 yrs.

Do we need oil prices to rise before we convincingly fight corruption?

How does a corrupt judiciary affect corruption existing at the presidency that requires only presidential will to expunge?

Who will provide this new report? Will the same VP be tasked with this same useless panel assignment? If I was Osinbajo and tasked with this new panel job, I will demand for the implementation of my previous effort.

I fight everyday trying to save this government from a disgrace it readily embraces. Trying to keep anarchists like FFK at bay, yet they easily provide them fodder to work with. Now I can see this government must also be sacked from power.

Respect ..I respect men who stand for the truth when called upon ..
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by Toketimt: 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
Penalty82:

Are you saying that GEJ should be exonerated of all the looting under him?.

Surely not the thievery of his wife.
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by Tunjido: 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
Penalty82:
He didn't order for his immediate arrest. Asking for full report on circumstances of his recall shows that Buhari has lost total control of his government. Cabals are the ones that are running things in this government. How can a President be sleeping on duty like this? May God help us.
and you are also part of the cabals. Isokuso
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by moffat(m): 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2017
Buhar hypocrit president so if Nigerian no shout Mr do nothing go say ope oo
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by tonio2wo: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
efighter:

You are mad. People that were accused of corruption during Goatluck Jonaddaft's regime were elevated e.g. Princess Stealer Oduah, Ms Aruma Oteh, Ms Deizaini, Mrs imPatience Jonaddaft e.t.c. Buhari has done the needful, the appointment was done by the body in charge, so Buhari need not be aware. Now that Buhari has been called upon to the injustice, Buhari has done what is expected.

You said that Buahri is not in control of his goernment, now tell me who was in control of Jonaddaft's government while he drank away his life?

d. ATM Dasuki Sambo
e. All of of the above

is that not why you kicked gej/pdp out?

why is buhari trailing same as gej/pdp?
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by Toketimt: 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
efighter:

d. ATM Dasuki Sambo
e. All of of the above

Wellsaid. Fools are even asking why not arrest him as if they don't know that like Tompolo, like kanu, like maina. These three are missing.
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by devour129: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2017
Spylord48:
Does it mean that he was absolved back into the civil service after stealing people's sweats and money without the president knowing.
In a civilized society, the person that engaged him back,the person that signed it,the person that approve his allowances and salaries and the person that included his name in the payroll need to resign honourable and gently demand for rooms in kuje prison because that what they merit.
Buhari needs to start using some of these people as scape goat unless the same thing will keep happening and His media team will keep denying just save face.
2019 is around the corner. A lots of things van happen between now and then and this administration need to do something tangible to show us that they really deserve another chance come 2019.
I have this feeling buhari doesn’t plan to come back 2019 and also don’t give a shit how Nigeria ends . He just wanted to get enough National cake for his generation and one tenure is enough .
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by tonio2wo: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2017
omenka:

Pyhon1, you seeing this?

cheesy yes oh! pls dont forget to tell the president you voted for to do same to oke and lawal.
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by DedeNkem: 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2017
seunmsg:
This is the kind of reaction we expected. Sacking him is not enough, he should be handed over to EFCC immediately for prosecution. In addition, the president should order an investigation into the circumstances surrounding his initial reinstatement. Everyone found culpable should be punished seriously. He should also in this spirit act on the investigation he ordered into the Babachir and NIA DG scandals. Corruption must not be allowed to win this battle.

Corruption has already win!
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by Blue3k(m): 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
Good arrest him now. Then fire anyone involved. If you care anything about your image. The guys who approved him should have resigned but shame doesn't exist in Nigeria.

Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by MrKaplan: 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2017
Ballmer:
Not good enough but a lot beta than Jonathan's reaction when he was told Abba Moro slaughtered 100's of your corp members after defrauding them. This is still a lot beta than Ebele's reaction after learning of Oduahgate, Allison jet scandal n many more. This is the beauty of opposition politics Buhari now understand he will not be getting APC presidential ticket on a platter the exigency to shore up his nauseating lackadaisical image.
I pity you son. God help you.
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by tsdarkside(m): 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
Throwback:
Even the APC government should spare Nigeria this mockery and disengage themselves from power.

This is too shameful. This is sacrilegious. This is the end.

Why asking for a full report when the report from the Osinbajo panel on SGF and NIA Director are still gathering dust on your table? How long does it take to study a report that has already proffered recommendations?

If I was a member of this government, I would resign immediately this morning to save the little that is left of my integrity that has been slowly eroding over the past 2 yrs.

Do we need oil prices to rise before we convincingly fight corruption?

How does a corrupt judiciary affect corruption existing at the presidency that requires only presidential will to expunge?

Who will provide this new report? Will the same VP be tasked with this same useless panel assignment? If I was Osinbajo and tasked with this new panel job, I will demand for the implementation of my previous effort.

I fight everyday trying to save this government from a disgrace it readily embraces. Trying to keep anarchists like FFK at bay, yet they easily provide them fodder to work with. Now I can see this government must also be sacked from power.

return to military rule.....
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by smileyoo: 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2017
disengagement is not enough, the man need to be arrested, prosecuted and if found guilty, the money recovered, and himself jailed, because many pensioners may 've died through his evil greediness. evil rain fall on him.
Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by onatisi(m): 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2017
fyneguy:
People just like to post nonsense on threads.

You expected the President to monitor civil service appointments? Are you kidding?

We have so many educated illiterates!
just keep quiet . in a normal country where ppl think normally , the minister and everyone involved would have been picked up for questioning and if you dont know , this is the last ppl will hear about this case .
the bastard was even reinstated with promotion

[b]The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has launched a fresh manhunt for a former head of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms, Abdulrasheed Maina.

Mr. Maina was sacked from the civil service in 2013 and was in 2015 placed on the wanted list of International Police (INTERPOL) by the EFCC.

PREMIUM TIMES on Friday reported how Mr. Maina was secretly reinstated to the civil service, with promotion, despite being wanted for alleged corruption.

Additional Details obtained by this newspaper show that the embattled civil servant was issued a letter of reinstatement dated October 2 by the Office of the Head of Service of the Federation.

The Minister of Interior, Abdurahman Dambazau, earlier on Sunday absolved himself of any culpability in Mr. Maina’s reinstatement, saying it was done by the Head of Service.

The October 2 letter claimed that Mr. Maina’s case was reviewed and that a decision was taken that he be reinstated.

The same letter also gave his new posting as acting director of the Department of Human Resources at the Ministry of Interior.

PREMIUM TIMES learnt that the reinstatement was at the behest of the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, who gave a favourable legal advice on the case.

Mr. Malami’s spokesperson, Salihu Othman, however said he was unaware of his boss’s role in the deal.

Irked by the news of Mr. Maina’s silent re-entry into the country, the EFCC leadership convened an emergency meeting on Sunday to strategize on the case.

A source, who was part of the meeting, said the commission’s boss, Ibrahim Magu, who was out of Abuja when PREMIUM TIMES broke the Maina story, convened a meeting of operatives working on the case.

As part of the fallouts of the meeting, according to our source, operatives were detailed “to smoke out Mr. Maina wherever he might be”.

Mr. Maina is said to be shuttling between Kaduna and Abuja since he sneaked back into the country.

Aside the Ministry of Interior, Mr. Maina’s new work place, detectives are said to have spread around the city, including a safe house that is said to have been offered Mr. Maina by one of the nation’s security agencies.

Also being closely watched by operatives are Mr. Maina’s many houses in Abuja including one EFCC sources said he bought in June 2015 for a massive $2 million cash.

Corroborating our source, EFCC spokesperson, Wilson Uwujaren, told PREMIUM TIMES Mr. Maina “is still a fugitive. We are after him”.

The EFCC is also said to be deeply angry at how someone that was put on the wanted list of INTERPOL could be helped by government officials to sneak back into the country and then rewarded with a promotion to higher office.

The commission suspects sabotage, according to a highly placed official.

Documents seen by our reporter show the many correspondences between the EFCC and Interpol on the request to put Mr. Maina’s name on the agency’s wanted list.

The commission first wrote the Inspector General of Police in November 2015, a few days after Mr. Magu assumed office, asking for Mr. Maina’s name to be flagged by Interpol.

However, the letter was declared missing by the office of the Commissioner in charge of Interpol at the Force Headquarters, making the commission to make the request again.

On January 12, 2016, Interpol wrote to the EFCC again requesting for additional details to enable it publish the red alert. EFCC replied the letter, providing the details requested.

However, a search for Mr. Maina’s name on the Interpol website returned no record[/b]
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/246927-efcc-launches-manhunt-for-recalled-fugitive-director-abdulrasheed-maina.html

Re: President Buhari Sacks Abdulrasheed Maina From Service by Bobby808: 3:23pm On Oct 23, 2017
seunmsg:
But when will Buhari be senseable? If not that people are complaining, this idiot would have allowed him abi?

Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" / INEC Official Beaten Over Adamawa Governorship Election Results (Video) / Biafra Themed Wedding Holds In Enugu (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74