Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,871 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North (31523 Views)

Husbands Of Groom And Brides Moms Whos Dressing Got People Talking Spark Reacti / Photos From Wedding Ceremony Of Delta Man And His Two Pregnant Brides / A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by Augiiee(m): 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2017
MystiqueReine:
This is a rich man's kayan lefe.

Dont be decieved by the heading
Seriously it is moderate...The rich families go even beyond spending 10mil on such stuffs

1 Like

Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by Coolgent(m): 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2017
MystiqueReine:
This is a rich man's kayan lefe.

Dont be decieved by the heading
My sister
Believe me Its for middle class northerners.
I dont consider myself as a rich man but i have spent a little morethan 1million just on Kayan Lefe only.
even a gold jewellery of a rich northerner Kayan Lefe may cost 500k or morethan that.

Note:
Kayan Lefe is best on tradition not religion perspective, so it differ from State to state.
Average Dowry of Hausa gals are between 30k to 50k
(If not for hadith that discourage excessive dowry it may be morethan that)
On the other hand the bride family will furnish the groom house with two expensives beds, kitchen utensils, sitting room, in addition about 15 bags of 50kg bag of rice, palm oil, semo, with a token of 150k cash averagely.

It all depend on financial capabilities of both families
Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by Coolgent(m): 1:59pm On Oct 24, 2017
pawesome:
OP,ur lie no b hia o....or d instagram post rada...abeg wich part f d north cz i hv been hia fr more dn 25yrs n i neva c marriage dt requires all dt...
Which part of North, cos i knew in some cases Kayan Lefe can buy 2016 corolla.
Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by Taiwo20(m): 2:03pm On Oct 24, 2017
activistjohnny:
these lists of items is outrageous. they don't even consider that we are in the recession period.

RECESSION or not its too high
Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by Coolgent(m): 2:11pm On Oct 24, 2017
jashar:
Please, what's After Dress?

This is for the Exclusive Rich in the North.
Check it below...
Muslims do wear it to cover their fitted dress hence the name... After dress

Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by tealaw(m): 2:24pm On Oct 24, 2017
Na only wedding we think about in naija?
Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by mozele(m): 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2017
jashar:

i didnt get your 1st question
Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by maamisco(f): 3:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
jashar:

Is one black long gown with different design of stones that Arabians mostly used.
Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by TheKingIsHere: 9:35am On Oct 25, 2017
maisauki:
wetin concern you with other's culture/religion? do you 'people' not include crates of alcohol in your own list?

Hijab is a religious thing.. It was never in our culture.

Don't mix religion with tradition but I guess you guys up north don't know the difference
Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by TheKingIsHere: 9:38am On Oct 25, 2017
realbest:

Idiot . Marriage is religion and not tradition. If you don't know ISLAM . KEEP QUITE.

You are the compound idiot.

Hijab is not a cultural thing.

I guess you don't know the difference between religion and tradition.

Very soon, you will start reciting quran in traditional marriages.

Shior!! !
Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by maisauki: 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Hijab is a religious thing.. It was never in our culture.

Don't mix religion with tradition but I guess you guys up north don't know the difference
and you wanna teach us, abi? i don't know why you can't jus mind your own and leave others to their ways of doing things
don't talk shit again lest you hear what will make you sad
Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by TheKingIsHere: 1:11pm On Oct 30, 2017
maisauki:
and you wanna teach us, abi? i don't know why you can't jus mind your own and leave others to their ways of doing things
don't talk shit again lest you hear what will make you sad

It is simple fact. Before Islam came to Nigeria, did your great grand mothers wear hijab as traditional attires? Answer the question.

How I wish pagan9ja who is a northerner and someone who holds his tradition dearly was still on Nairaland, he will weep bitterly for this display of ignorance
Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by maisauki: 2:40pm On Oct 30, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

It is simple fact. Before Islam came to Nigeria, did your great grand mothers wear hijab as traditional attires? Answer the question.

How I wish pagan9ja who is a northerner and someone who holds his tradition dearly was still on Nairaland, he will weep bitterly for this display of ignorance
if you wanna prove that you're a core traditional, you shouldn't be usin phone
Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2017
maisauki:
if you wanna prove that you're a core traditional, you shouldn't be usin phone

you are brainless! Our traditional religion is not like pisslam where we are forced to follow outdated rules written in books.

where did our tradition forbid mobile phone? have you any common sense?

from mathematics to the sciences, everything was invented by early Pagan scholars.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

None of these people follow the original Hausa traditional marriage. they follow the customs of their arab masters

There are many traditions involved. one of them is where the Groom has to visit the brides home and give her a gift each time and leave until she is satisfied and accepts the proposal.

and hijab is a borrowed custom.

1 Like

Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by maisauki: 8:56pm On Oct 31, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

you are brainless! Our traditional religion is not like pisslam where we are forced to follow outdated rules written in books.

where did our tradition forbid mobile phone? have you any common sense?

from mathematics to the sciences, everything was invented by early Pagan scholars.
na so e pain you? sorry
lemme giv you a jolter...Allah, D Al-Mighty, D All-Knowing, D Ever-Living, D Merciful, D Compassionate, D Praiseworthy, mentioned in d incorruptible Qur'an; We are d One that revealed it, (qur'an, islam) and We are d One that will be protecting it
i know you're on a mission of de-islamising d north, i won't tell you to stop continue...apajuba keyin aparo ohun oju n wa ...
Re: List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:52am On Nov 01, 2017
maisauki:
na so e pain you? sorry
lemme giv you a jolter...Allah, D Al-Mighty, D All-Knowing, D Ever-Living, D Merciful, D Compassionate, D Praiseworthy, mentioned in d incorruptible Qur'an; We are d One that revealed it, (qur'an, islam) and We are d One that will be protecting it
i know you're on a mission of de-islamising d north, i won't tell you to stop continue...apajuba keyin aparo ohun oju n wa ...

what did you drink today?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Think Is Wrong With African Style Of Parenting? / Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant / A Twin Lady Gives Birth To Triplets (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.