Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,026 members, 7,838,575 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! (10253 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta / Ex-militants Mount Road Blocks In Warri Over Amnesty Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by GEW: 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2010
God help nigeria
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by kidonig: 2:49pm On Mar 15, 2010
Their warning say series of bombs to be expected. I hope they are taken seriously next time and that no innocent life is ever involved.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 15, 2010
Beaf:

MEND has always warned people about this. They have been warning over and over for months now.
They will continue fighting for what is right and like true heroes, they hold human life very dear; that was why they gave a warning.
The corrupt system has itself to blame.

MEND will continue acting, while cowards pray and push their wives forward to fight for them.

how many people received the warning of your heroes?

not everyone has access to the internet
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by netotse(m): 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2010
Beaf:

MEND has always warned people about this. They have been warning over and over for months now.
They will continue fighting for what is right and like true heroes, they hold human life very dear; that was why they gave a warning.
The corrupt system has itself to blame.

MEND will continue acting, while cowards pray and push their wives forward to fight for them.
i sincerely hope you wont believe all that ^^

the warning MEND gave, what was it? was it them telling people to stay away from the venue or was it just one of their 'government is a bastard lipsrsealed, they will pay. . .' warnings,  hold which dirty human life dear. . .

like oyb said sha, lose someone close to you to their foolishness and lets see if you'll be singing the same tune!
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Ibime(m): 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2010
oyb:

i notice you had nothing to say about collateral damage - what of the innocents who just happen to be passing by?

perhaps if some of those dear to you get caught in sharpnel you will think differently.

Spare me the bleeding heart. . . MEND had already sent out warnings for the Govt to evacuate the premises and the primary school nearby. . . perhaps you should direct your enquiries to the Govt house.

A coward like yourself was one of the greatest champions of MEND looking inward to corrupt politicians within Niger-Delta. Now that MEND have attacked one of their own, you are bleating another story.

oyb:

thank you for confirming what we have always known  - that in the criminal class, mend are first, second and third  tongue

Your Govt has thrown millions of dollars at MEND to drop their struggle. They have even bought off most of their foot-soldiers, yet MEND refuse to be bought, and continue their struggle in league with conscientious Nigerians like Wole Soyinka.

You will not find such principled men as MEND anywhere in Nigeria. . . whether you like it or not.  grin grin grin
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Beaf: 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2010
oyb:

how many people received the warning of your heroes?

not everyone has access to the internet

What do you propose?

netotse:

i sincerely hope you wont believe all that ^^

the warning MEND gave, what was it? was it them telling people to stay away from the venue or was it just one of their 'government is a naughty person lipsrsealed, they will pay. . .' warnings, hold which dirty human life dear. . .

like oyb said sha, lose someone close to you to their foolishness and lets see if you'll be singing the same tune!

What do you propose?
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by honeric01(m): 3:01pm On Mar 15, 2010
Hope people didn't die? undecided
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Beaf: 3:03pm On Mar 15, 2010
honeric01:

Hope people didn't die? undecided

No, adequate warning was given by MEND.

Thinking of no better way to announce our continued presence in the Niger Delta to Mr Uduaghan, operatives of MEND today March 15, 2010, successfully breached the security at the Delta state government house in Warri and planted three explosive devices in and around this compound which is the venue of the Vanguard Post Amnesty Dialogue organised by the Vanguard newspaper.

These devices will be detonated remotely:
In our usual effort to prevent the loss of innocent life, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta advises the immediate evacuation of the the Government House annex Warri and its immediate surroundings up to the Delta state Brodcasting Corporation.

The time given for this evacuation before the detonation of the first bomb is thirty (30) minutes which will elapse by 1130 hrs Nigerian time. The primary school bordering the government house annex should be evacuated immediately!

The first bomb will be detonated at exactly 1130 hrs. We will thereafter advise on the other devices planted within and around the venue of the vanguard newspaper organised and Delta state sponsored conference. Organisers and participants at this jamboree will ignore this warning at their peril !!!

People must not remain in their cars and attempt to drive their cars and maintain safe distance from all cars and the area!
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2010
and nigerians wonder why they're on international terrorist lists?

na only because of mutallab?

miserable fellows
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by enohj2ee(m): 3:08pm On Mar 15, 2010
Hmm, This is not North now, so the Anti- Northern where are you guys? and how can you analyzed this?
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by waoosa(m): 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2010
I learnt an Okada man and his passenger died. Got this news from acollegue that witnessed this as our office is very close to the scene but fear no let me near there.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Beaf: 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2010
enohj2ee:

Hmm, This is not North now, so the Anti- Northern where are you guys? and how can you analyzed this?

You are so funny. MEND attacked goverment house Warri, with clear warnings and enough time for people to escape. They are fighting fo a principle.

Do you compare that to the murderous thugs of Kala Kato, Maitatsine, Boko Haram and the likes of those that slaughtered 500 women and new born babies in Jos? Charlie, something is wrong with your brain.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Beaf: 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2010
waoosa:

I learnt an Okada man and his passenger died. Got this news from acollegue that witnessed this as our office is very close to the scene but fear no let me near there.

Dat one na rumour!
There are no deaths or injuries.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by netotse(m): 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2010
Beaf:

What do you propose?

What do you propose?
they should go after the embezzlers now, they should stop making people that are not involved suffer. . .
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2010
Indian police foil fresh terrorist strike in Mumbai

POLICE in Indian have prevented a major terrorist strike in Mumbai by arresting two men who were preparing to attack several targets in the city, the country's financial and entertainment hub.

The Associated Press (AP) yesterday quoted K.P. Raghuvanshi, chief of Mumbai's anti-terrorism squad, as saying that the two Indian men - both residents of the city - had targeted a popular shopping mall, a market and a state-owned gas facility. He said Abdul Latif Rashid and Riyaz Ali were arrested late Saturday in Mumbai's Matunga suburb.

Police said the men had links with terror groups in Pakistan and were acting on directions from handlers there.

"They were getting instructions from Pakistan to execute their activities here," Raghuvanshi said.

Raghuvanshi said it was not immediately clear whether the men were preparing to attack the offices, oil tankers or a housing estate belonging to the Oil and Natural Gas Commission.

In neighbouring Pakistan, government fighter jets yesterday pounded a series of Taliban hide-outs near the Afghan border Sunday, killing some insurgents.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/world/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=150310&ptitle=Indian police foil fresh terrorist strike in Mumbai
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2010
Ibime:

Spare me the bleeding heart. . . MEND had already sent out warnings for the Govt to evacuate the premises and the primary school nearby. . . perhaps you should direct your enquiries to the Govt house.

A coward like yourself was one of the greatest champions of MEND looking inward to corrupt politicians within Niger-Delta. Now that MEND have attacked one of their own, you are bleating another story.

me champion those vandals? when ? where?

the true cowards are those cheering from the safety of countries that have classified mend as a terrorist organisation

When IRA were carrying out similar remote-control attacks in UK, did anyone start copying their style?

forgot to comment on this - good to see who your 'men of principle' are copying

so brave man - did you protest alongside the ogonis or were you peeing in your pants from the window and whispering 'i'm on your side?'

Your Govt has thrown millions of dollars at MEND to drop their struggle. They have even bought off most of their foot-soldiers, yet MEND refuse to be bought, [/b]and continue their struggle in league with conscientious Nigerians like Wole Soyinka.
[b]You will not find such principled men as MEND anywhere in Nigeria.
. . whether you like it or not.  grin grin grin

study in contradictions. good to know you are admitting that those repentant miltants who went on rampage in uniport are men of principle -

you know what wole soyinka said - when the head is rotten, whatever goes on beneath ( at the foot soldier level) should not be suprising.

keep celebrating your men of principle.

like so many before them , they are slowly and surely devolving into a gang of criminals for profit
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Pennywise(m): 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2010
I truly sympathize with Mend. Too much frustration for this body already. Just no way you can get this crop of politicians to listen without taking lives (Mend has clearly shown through their warning they abhor loss of innocent lives).

Chances are that this will be swept under the carpet and forgotten since no life was lost.

My advise to Mend? Raise the stake a little. Target your anger. We know those who because of lucre are standing in the way of genuine dialogue.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2010
netotse:

they should go after the embezzlers now, they should stop making people that are not involved suffer. . .

embezzler wey dey tender security vote? beans?  grin grin

mend probably have a contingent that guard those crooks

after all they started out as enforcers for south south govt officials
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Beaf: 3:30pm On Mar 15, 2010
netotse:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I don't understand.
. . .They attacked government house, Warri! That isn't a market or any other sort of public place.
What do you mean by "people that are not involved"? Today, you people will say "start with your governors", when MEND does it, they are accused of "making people that are not involved suffer".

Abeg!
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Pennywise(m): 3:31pm On Mar 15, 2010
oyb:

embezzler wey dey tender security vote? beans?  grin grin

mend probably have a contingent that guard those crooks

after all they started out as enforcers for south south govt officials
U have not seen this mend b/4. Those were the soldiers of fortune and pollutants who fortunately have cashed-out
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2010
i've ceased to be amazed at the way supposedly sane nairalanders can do an about face and post something that makes them look like the whack side of flavor flav.

no be today i've seen pennywise' type.

i thought you tend to have sensible thought processes but its easy to fake anything on the web, actually.

either that or ganja got another convert.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Beaf: 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2010
oyb: me champion those vandals? when ? where?

the true cowards are those cheering from the safety of countries that have classified mend as a terrorist organisation

[size=14pt]I challenge you to show where a single country has classified MEND as a terrorist organisation.[/size]
You think other countries contain the same sort of wicked foo'ls that are running amock as "leaders" in Nigeria?
Other countries are aware of the gross humanrights abuses in the Niger Delta.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Pennywise(m): 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2010
Beaf:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I don't understand.
. . .They attacked government house, Warri! That isn't a market or any other sort of public place.
What do you mean by "people that are not involved"? Today, you people will say "start with your governors", when MEND does it, they are accused of "making people that are not involved suffer".

Abeg!

Its a road beside govt house. I imagine that Uduaghan failed to heed warning b/c his boys most have told him "Nothing dey happen!"
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Pennywise(m): 3:39pm On Mar 15, 2010
tpia.:

i've ceased to be amazed at the way supposedly sane nairalanders can do an about face and post something that makes them look like the whack side of flavor flav.

no be today i've seen pennywise' type.

i thought you tend to have sensible thought processes but its easy to fake anything on the web, actually.

either that or ganja got another convert.
U right. Ganja got a new convert
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by deb(m): 3:42pm On Mar 15, 2010
2 explosion took place around 11:30am. The people in the hall evacuated immediately and the meeting was suspended immediately. The 1st one went off when Gen. Owoye Azazzi was speaking and the other one took place just afterwards. Imo, Delta and Edo governors all ran for their lives.
You can see the news on AIT now.

cheesy You mean all the powerful Governors ran for their lives? grin shocked As powerful as they are? grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 15, 2010
Pennywise:

U right. Ganja got a new convert

^^ that's probably true as per new or old convert but i think i may have been confusing you with someone else maybe.

no need to give yourself airs and feel funky because you thought you were all that
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by snowdrops(m): 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2010
Beaf:

[size=14pt]I challenge you to show where a single country has classified MEND as a terrorist organisation.[/size]
You think other countries contain the same sort of wicked foo'ls that are running amock as "leaders" in Nigeria?
Am i surprised that you are here yet again advocating for terrorist mend.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Pennywise(m): 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2010
Beaf:

It doesnt matter if America classifies Mend a terrorist organization. They have been wrong abt a lot of things in the past. It wont be the first time.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2010
Beaf:

http://www.start.umd.edu/start/data/tops/terrorist_organization_profile.asp?id=4692

http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/crt/2006/82738.htm

sraight from united  states  homeland security and the state department  

do you honestly think the us will not classify an organisation that kidnaps its citizens and bombs facilities run by its companies based in its sister countries as anything but terrorist?
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Pennywise(m): 3:48pm On Mar 15, 2010
tpia.:

^^ that's probably true as per new or old convert but i think i may have been confusing you with someone else maybe.

no need to give yourself airs and feel funky because you thought you were all that
Actually pennywise is all that. You want to keep towing this line or you want us to stay on topic
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Pennywise(m): 3:50pm On Mar 15, 2010
oyb:

http://www.start.umd.edu/start/data/tops/terrorist_organization_profile.asp?id=4692

http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/crt/2006/82738.htm

sraight from united  states  homeland security and the state department  

So what is ur point exactly
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by beystwin: 3:52pm On Mar 15, 2010
The 1st one went off when Gen. Owoye Azazzi was speaking and the other one took place just afterwards. Imo, Delta and Edo governors all ran for their lives.
can someone provide videos of the governors runing. grin grin grin They flee like rats. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alhassan Empowers 10,000 Women In Borno / Insecurity: Buratai A Political Soldier, Can’t Be Relied Upon – Junaid Mohammed / Ahmed Lawan: Buhari Did Not Direct Removal Of Petrol Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.